Type keyword(s) to search

How will Castle end? Silliness welcome.

TWP

1 hour ago, pennben said:

Huh, I don't think I've ever heard of that one. 

For a second after I said I couldn't figure it out, my mind went to Dinosaurs, also from the early 90s on ABC.  So I looked up that finale (which I didn't fully recall)....and, whoo boy, what the hell is wrong with some of these shows somewhat geared for kids (but with a large layer for adults) and their horrific finales!!???  I'm going to guess it was on the same list as your show!

Ha, yes, Dinosaurs was also on the list. So was Alf, which apparently ended badly too.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TWP said:

Locksat plants a nuclear bomb and Castle attempts to diffuse it.  His final words are "Trust me; I know what I'm doing" but the final scene shows a huge mushroom cloud going up in the city.

Sledge Hammer! Yes, I watched that cop parody. Don't judge me! (And the funny thing is, the show did that ending because they were sure they were toast. Then ABC renewed it for S2! So S2 was set BEFORE S1. Trippy.)

Castle goes back to the alternative universe where everyone has been waiting for him to arrive. The End. Over the credits they show the car crash wedding the never was wreckage. Sparking a debate for the next million years that Castle was actually dead the whole time. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, anoldfriend said:

Castle goes back to the alternative universe where everyone has been waiting for him to arrive. The End. Over the credits they show the car crash wedding the never was wreckage. Sparking a debate for the next million years that Castle was actually dead the whole time. 

That would be a twister!  Might get the critics talking more about Castle than they have in all these years. ;)  I actually found the AU quite intriguing and compelling on its own merits and wouldn't mind a further exploration.  I enjoy that kind of thing in fanfic but don't know how I'd feel about an ambiguous ending on the screen.

Is there an example of a straight up procedural show ending with a twisty ending?  I can't really imagine a show like Castle going with anything but a 'safe' ending.

3 minutes ago, MaryM47 said:

So are we all going to sit 'round our virtual campfire here and watch it all go down together by time zone?

If you all want a live thread for the finale, I can set one up. The episode thread is for after, however!  :-) Just be advised, if there is one, there will OBVIOUSLY BE spoilers for any west coasters here. So enter at your own risk.

DH would prefer it if I made dinner.

Let's all send pizzas to femmefan's house so DH doesn't go hungry while FF chooses the better path!

Have fun; play nice

Yes, Mom. (said in a petulant pre-teen voice)  ;)

• Love 3

I think all of these endings were better than the real one.  But thanks for spoiling the real one for me so I can save the ep for next summer ;-).

@Mary127 won the internet!

Does anyone want to see it end with Senator Beckett and literary novelist Richard Castle living in New York with their 3 kids, or would that feed too much into Crazy Castle's wild theories? I don't mind a little magical realism, in small, subtle doses. They laid it on with a trowel in this week's episode, but I sorta like the time travel guy, and Beckett making the coffee stain on the letter. Frankly, after all the crap we've been through these past 2 weeks or so, not to mention this garbage season, I could use a cheesy happy ending. 

7 hours ago, anoldfriend said:

Hmm, I'm a little lost and don't fully follow:)

• Love 1
On 5/13/2016 at 1:45 AM, madmaverick said:

Bring on the Caskett babies!!   Just kidding...or not.   You never know until you see it, but I'm not sure I'm one whose heart will be melted by a mushy ending of Caskett walking hand in hand with a kid we've never seen.

Do I get brownies for being right about the Caskett babies? :P  I must not be as cold hearted as I thought because the kids were a little bit cute running out of Mommy and Daddy's room, eating smorlettes together. :P  And you know that massive teddy bear has a name.  They've been through Lucy, Linus (5th gen  7 years later? :P), so Lewis the teddy bear?  Maybe he's A.I. heh.  Castle would love that. 

• Love 1

And you know that massive teddy bear has a name.  They've been through Lucy, Linus (5th gen  7 years later? :P), so Lewis the teddy bear?  Maybe he's A.I. heh.  Castle would love that. 

Teddy Ruxpin 0.02

• Love 1