Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Madame President

The sociopath lost me when she said she drowned a possum.  Luckily Amy seemed repulsed by her as well.

I didn't get Amy's fixation with tampon and period humor this episode.  She's mocking misogynists so much, I think she's becoming one.

Tabloid reporters as cockroaches and piles of shit. Ha ha?

Rachel Dratch's new sketch comedy show has a more encompassing focus but I can't say I laugh much at that, either. I also quit SNL years ago so maybe these types of shows are no longer for me. More misses than hits. If Amy does have a skit that's particularly clever, the Internet will let me know.

Yeah I thought this episode was terrible too.  Especially the titular sketch.  And dumping people for dumb reasons is so tired, I guess she's been watching Seinfeld reruns.  I read that sociopath's book and a lot of people question her diagnosis.  The book sucked too, the stand out was that she would ride her bike in traffic.

Lena Dunham should be working at a Walgreens.

• Love 2

Seriously: women can't do our jobs because we get periods? I don't think even the most throwback sexist comedians still make that joke. And if they do, I for sure don't find it funny.

Also, choosing a name clearly meant as a take-off on Clinton is bizarre. It's highly unlikely that at age 68 Hillary is still getting periods. And if she is, I bet she's figured out how to manage it by now.

And we can't somehow manage to carry a tampon without (1) shame, and (2) broadcasting it to everyone around? What the hell? Just put it in your pocket. Or carry a purse. Or for godsake stop being mortified about having a cycle.

Set the clock back 50 years and these jokes are still not funny.

• Love 1

I tend to think Amy is in her 'backlash phase.' She's funny, but she's gotten so much press that now it's like if everything isn't the best comedy ever, then she sucks. 

This was a funny show. It's not her best show, but I still enjoyed watching. I didn't have a problem with it. You mean to tell me that if there's a (likely) female candidate for president in the general election that they aren't going to go there with her period or what size she is? After conventions, this is going to be the worst general election probably ever.

The sax gag was funny. Everyone knows that lick.

• Love 1

Damn, Patton Oswalt is in everything. And I still feel sad for him because his wife died. I'm not into gossip . . . is TMZ that horrible?

Still kinda feels like Amy is swatting flies with a sledgehammer. I'm hoping we get a better episode next week.

• Love 1

The idea that women are too hormonal, or that too much blood goes to our uteruses for us to think properly, is an age-old argument against women holding any position of power, especially one with the "finger on the button." That's what the Madame President skit was satirizing.

Of course following hormonal logic, post-menopausal women are the only ones qualified to be president, so it didn't really apply to Clinton that well. 

• Love 1

Best thing about the episode was Patton, and his wall continuously getting higher and higher. I do hope he's doing okay after his wife's death.

I think Amy is getting too big for her britches, the sketches seem so self conscious now.

And the sociopath, yeah, no. Drowning animals is not cool, like at all. Amy seemed cool with it as well.