Type keyword(s) to search

Single Dad Seeking - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

LOL! I hadn't realized she was Canadian. Maybe that's a saying up there??

ETA: OMG, Kallie DOES look like Genie Francis! Thanks, that was driving me nuts!

Edited by bref
  • Love 1

I can't stand Valene. She's just as bad as a child throwing a tantrum. Hey,put the kid in the shower and get him ready for bed. Then alone time would happen quicker.

I like Ami but think she needs to run far away. She can't be that desperate, can she?

• Love 8

Oh my goodness! I just started watching this show tonight and I am hooked! It is a great show, but a few things so far have made me a little angry:
First of all, I feel so bad for Mike! He has completely fallen for Valene and now she is all like "I don't know if I can do this whole 'parent' thing. It's Saturday night. I want to be out partying, not making masks for a 6 year old's birthday party." Like, excuse me? You knew Mike had a young son. You didn't really come into this whole thing blind. You're on a show called Single DAD Seeking....meaning the man you'll possibly be dating has a freaking child or children! Oh, and Valene keeps complaining about not having any alone time with Mike. What do you expect, he is a dad. His kid is going to be around whether you like it or not. I am just glad that Mike has a good head on his shoulders and in the very beginning was like "If I see that my son is starting to get uncomfortable, I have no problem dropping this whole thing". Kudos to you, Mike! I dunno, Valene just strikes me as someone who wants to be out partying with her man and is super needy. Like, it is okay to be super needy, but just know that you're not going to get Mike's undivided attention. Like, you have to understand and be okay with the fact that you're not the only person in his life.

Second of all, what's up with Jake? Who drives a woman to their house, barely introduces her to his 3 kids, and then leaves her there to tend to 2 of them while he takes the other one to the doctor? That just seems so insane to me. I was super ticked off when he left her alone at his place, too. But after he explained himself, I can understand where he was coming from with saying he was overwhelmed by all the new feelings and so he kind of pushed back because dating is so new to him. I definitely would not have screwed up like that and then proceeded to take this woman, who now has lost my trust, to meet my tell-it-like-it-is sister! How anxiety inducing! I feel so bad for Ami! Her first 2 days at Jake's house have been nothing but kind of crappy. I sort of feel like if I was Ami, I would have just peaced the heck out of Jake's place after he didn't come home, but at the same time, I'm glad she stayed because I feel like his reasoning for his actions is completely valid. It was crappy, but hey. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Court said:

I can't stand Valene. She's just as bad as a child throwing a tantrum. Hey,put the kid in the shower and get him ready for bed. Then alone time would happen quicker.

I like Ami but think she needs to run far away. She can't be that desperate, can she?

Totally feel the same about Valene! She makes me so angry! Mike has a kid, obviously. Like, duh! You're on a show called Single Dad Seeking....did you REALLY think you could catch some 24/7 alone time with Mike? I love the part where they're at the mini gulf and Mike asks her if going to MIkey's party and meeting Mikey's mother is okay and Valene goes "yeah!" but as she turns around has the most disgusted look on her face! That shows the viewers what kind of person Valene REALLY is!

Ami needs to get the heck outta dodge and quick! Jake lets his kids walk all over him and pretty soon, they'll be just as disrespectful to poor Ami. And it's not like there is really much she can do about it. She barely knows them. It's not like she can just discipline his kids or whatever. 

On 5/16/2016 at 10:16 AM, ethalfrida said:

I am continually amazed at what some people do not know about raising kids.

Right! I feel like Valene has hit a point where she's like "So wait...Mikey is going to be around ALL the time!?!?!?" lol

• Love 3
On 5/17/2016 at 7:23 AM, TwirlyGirly said:

What really bugged me about Mike is his always asking his son for permission, such as when he told to his son after his date with Valene, he might sleep in her room (ostensibly because Mike was concerned his son might wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to find him), and then said "Is that okay?"

Mike did it again at the restaurant, I believe when he was telling his son he would be going with his uncle, while Mike would be staying out for the evening with Valene - again asking his son "Is that okay?"

I thought the first example was wildly inappropriate (it made me uncomfortable when I realized Mike was telling his five-year-old kid of his plans to perhaps sleep with the woman he'd just met in person before discussing it with Valene herself). But that aside, as a parent you do not ask your child's permission to do things, because if the child says "No," then you've got a fight on your hands (or, have to accept you've just given your child power over what you do or don't do).

That kid is bright, and as evidenced by the toilet-flushing discussion in episode one (in which he told his dad he would flush the toilet, but then in his TH told the producer he would not) has already learned to say what he knows his dad wants to hear, and then do whatever he likes anyway.

Mike - get back to me and let me know how that worked out when your kid is 16 and can get himself into some real trouble.

I think Mike was asking Mikey if things were "okay" for him to do because I think he just wants to make sure Mikey is comfortable. It has been just Mikey and his dad for about his whole life, and now they're staying in a beach house for the summer, which is cool, but some complete strange woman that neither of them know is going to be living with them temporarily. I think he just wants Mikey to feel comfortable.
And there really wasn't anything wrong with Mike letting Mikey know that if he wakes up, if his dad isn't in the same room as him, that he will maybe be in Valene's room. I just think he wasn't sure how the night was going to go so he just wanted to be prepared in case things went well, which they did.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Krispy321 said:

Oh my goodness! I just started watching this show tonight and I am hooked! It is a great show, but a few things so far have made me a little angry:
First of all, I feel so bad for Mike! He has completely fallen for Valene and now she is all like "I don't know if I can do this whole 'parent' thing. It's Saturday night. I want to be out partying, not making masks for a 6 year old's birthday party." Like, excuse me? You knew Mike had a young son. You didn't really come into this whole thing blind. You're on a show called Single DAD Seeking....meaning the man you'll possibly be dating has a freaking child or children! Oh, and Valene keeps complaining about not having any alone time with Mike. What do you expect, he is a dad. His kid is going to be around whether you like it or not. I am just glad that Mike has a good head on his shoulders and in the very beginning was like "If I see that my son is starting to get uncomfortable, I have no problem dropping this whole thing". Kudos to you, Mike! I dunno, Valene just strikes me as someone who wants to be out partying with her man and is super needy. Like, it is okay to be super needy, but just know that you're not going to get Mike's undivided attention. Like, you have to understand and be okay with the fact that you're not the only person in his life.

Second of all, what's up with Jake? Who drives a woman to their house, barely introduces her to his 3 kids, and then leaves her there to tend to 2 of them while he takes the other one to the doctor? That just seems so insane to me. I was super ticked off when he left her alone at his place, too. But after he explained himself, I can understand where he was coming from with saying he was overwhelmed by all the new feelings and so he kind of pushed back because dating is so new to him. I definitely would not have screwed up like that and then proceeded to take this woman, who now has lost my trust, to meet my tell-it-like-it-is sister! How anxiety inducing! I feel so bad for Ami! Her first 2 days at Jake's house have been nothing but kind of crappy. I sort of feel like if I was Ami, I would have just peaced the heck out of Jake's place after he didn't come home, but at the same time, I'm glad she stayed because I feel like his reasoning for his actions is completely valid. It was crappy, but hey. 

Actually if you watched all the episodes so far Kallie was unaware that Paul had any kids at all.  She didn't know until they had already agreed that she was going to move down there and live with him.  It made her think twice about going down there as well.   Personally I want to know right off the bat if a guy has kids or not because I feel thats a big thing that shouldn't be hidden at all.  Some people prefer to date someone who doesn't have kids.  I am not picky about it but if a guy can't tell me straight up he has a kid or kids, then I consider that lying and won't continue anything further.

So not all of the girls knew the guys had kids.

I get what your saying about Valene though she can be kinda rude.  She is not used to this at all and I think that she only came because she had feel wicked hard for Mike and kinda put the whole fact he had a kid thing to the side.  That didn't really bug her much until she actually got there.  Her friend even told her that that was going to happen that it would be hard for them to have alone time.  

Jake there is something way off about him that I don't think anyone but him knows about.  I think he is sneaking around and figured by meeting Amy and bringing her to live with him it would give him more of a chance to sneak out on his own.  I have a feeling she is going to catch on quick and leave soon.  He didn't even have the nerve to tell her that he had surgery so he couldn't have more kids, which is something he should have said when they started talking.  I believe she would like to have kids of her own im sure.

Also the fact that sarah never told Jason she had never had a real relationship before was a big no no.  She should have been honest with him about that from the beginning because it is clear that that is a big turn off for Jason, even more so since he has 2 grown daughters.  

Lastly I think that Paul's kids shouldn't be saying things to Kallie about their dad wanting someone to do the cooking and the cleaning and the motherly things.  That is just setting him up for disaster and seems to me like maybe that is what he is really looking for.

• Love 2
On 5/17/2016 at 4:54 PM, WhoAmIReally said:

She is always tugging at her clothes.  Maybe because they're three sizes too small?  I'm not a fan of the squeezed sausage look, but realize she's from New Jersey.  Pretty face, though.

The Utah lady is only four years older than Mormonboy.  I'm not entirely sure he's entirely straight.

This Jersey Girl wants to roundhouse you.  Can't though, because: facts.  Lol.

4 hours ago, Krispy321 said:

I know what you mean bout Valene.  Disagree slightly with it being okay to be super needy.  Late teens through early twenties, sure, you're just learning how not to be so self absorbed.  But 30 years old and still wanting to wile all the way out whenever your *boyfriend* redirects attention from you to attend to his child?  Girl, bye.   I chortled last night though because, alright I'll say it, Mikey was being an asshole.  He didn't *need* his father as much as want Valene to know daddy belongs to him and don't you forget it.  I had a friend whose husband was Valene.  Everything was all good during their courtship, super romantic, she cooked all the time, they traveled, just all the time in the world to do nothing but stare into each others' irises.  Then they had a baby and he was like what about me?   Do you know this dude left her when the baby was 10 months old because she was too attentive to their infant son's needs.   I said girl didn't he know if he'dve just tag teamed with you every day, ya'll could've carved out couple time.  She said yeah he didn't wanna carve and I didn't wanna be with the kinda fool I had to explain that to.    Say all that to say what somebody mentioned upthread.  It's not always an awesome job if you've done it from day one, so she needs to get beyond wanting Mike to acknowledge that and herself understand that even if she could do it, she doesn't want to.  And that's fine but shit, quit whining or expecting him to turn back into a frat party guy, if he ever was one.  That's ridiculous.

I would've cussed Jake up one side of the street for not coming home and if I'd still been there, cussed him down the other side for subjecting me to his Walmart Equate Brand trashbox of a sister.   No gawd honey, you are not about to judge what the hell is wrong with me for coming out here when your brother didn't ask to see my damn driver's license before leaving me with his children and you look like that.  Good day sir!   There is something wrong with each and every one of em, but times must be hard out here for it to have come to this.   That kiss.  Lawd.  Lisa Marie and Michael. 

Kallie looks old in the face to be 28.  Whatever that guy's name is, he's acting too dim to be anyone's partner.  What she's asking isn't rocket science.   None of these women have kids themselves right?  My boyfriend was watching this involuntarily and asked what is happening in the cities where they live where an intelligent and attractive, childless woman has to travel to find what they've found.   He's not even talking about childless guys in their cities but if they're willing to date dads, there aren't any where they live?   For the purposes of the show I guess we just need to go with it.

Tattoo dad is nice enough but the first time I heard that story about the platonic ex who's still in their lives?  Nope.   Go find a woman on blurryboundaries.com

Denise and John.  I know children, especially little ones don't have a concept of executing passive aggression.  But ya'll? Lol!!  This baby poo'd his pants, twice?  Once, ok, he's nervous and unsure and daddy's not home and he don't know this lady.   Again though?  Wait, before I get all judgey, is he potty trained?

To Valene's point, what is kinda shitty about dating is that I don't think any of the men would put up with reciprocal circumstances.   Kallie's guy was like I'm not about to sit here and act grateful if a woman wants to be a part of my life.  I mean I will be but I'm not finna act like it.   Unh huh.  How's that working out for you?

Overall, it's uncomfortable to look at, but I don't have the good grace to let that keep me from watching lol.

• Love 11

I don't see any of these relationships working out.  Jake is not attracted to Ami; Paul is looking for a housekeeper; John seems to be looking for a babysitter; Mikey is the boss of Mike and Tatto Dad's ex is way too involved in his relationship.  The ladies should just cut their losses and leave. 

• Love 5

I think Kallie did know that Paul had children, just not how many.  In the conversation with her mother before she went to Paul's house it was mentioned that they did not know how many.

• Love 2

I don't know why Ami even went out to Utah in the first place--they just seem terribly mismatched.

Valene just wants to be on TV and party with a hot guy.  She probably thinks she can get onto The Bachelor after this.  That one has a very high opinion of herself.  Mikey is a nice kid and could do well with a stepmom--but not Valene!

I actually do think the guy in Mississippi is interested in the girl but just doesn't know how to show it.  There is nothing organic about this artificial experience and they need to start at ground zero.  He needs to get a babysitter for the kids and take the girl away for a few days so they get to know each other.  I really like his kids and I think she could fit in.  He needs to focus on her and let her know he wants a relationship.  He sounded like he did before she showed up.

I'd like to see Sarah and Jason work out.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lightning said:

I think Kallie did know that Paul had children, just not how many.  In the conversation with her mother before she went to Paul's house it was mentioned that they did not know how many.

I thought she did tell her mother he had four kids. Her mother did not seem to be very encouraging about her daughter pursuing a guy with four kids. 

About Valene:  She has such an attitude of entitlement.  Coming from Colts Neck, NJ, an affluent area, does make me wonder if she isn't more than a tad spoiled.  Also, I wonder if maybe she doesn't have all that much experience with men, in general. Looking at her I wonder if maybe she used to be obese and has since lost a great deal of weight (judging from her arms, it appears she has a lot of loose flesh).   In any case, the optimism I felt after seeing her with Mikey at the aquarium soon plummeted while witnessing her little whiney, passive-aggressive acting out later that evening. "Alone time,"  "alone time," is becoming a sort of mantra for this petulant child-woman.

Yeah, I get the gay vibe, too, on Jake.  Also, he and Ami could not be more mismatched.  She may be only four years older than Jake, but she looks old enough to be his mother. What were producers -- what was Ami? -- what was Jake? - thinking.

Evidently, the only one who was thinking, ironically, was Jake's sister.

Re: The adorable little Elijah who is clearly not potty trained yet.  Accidents happen with young kids this age, but Elijah's soiling himself seemed beyond what is typical of a four-year-old, I think.  This is something that the father (John?) should have shared with his new roommate/date/girlfriend before leaving the kid with her for an entire work day.  Also, his father's alluding  to the "whole poop," and the "whole nugget," or whatever image he used to convey the fact, was nauseating and unnecessary.

Last:  I thought Kallie would be a fine addition to that family, but I agree with those who feel as though Paul has other reasons besides love and romance in his quest for a woman.  His telling Kallie that he did not think having four kids made him "desperate," could just be a defense mechanism. Certainly any man who is the primary caregiver for multiple children is going to be viewed as someone in need of help.  "Desperate" may be too strong a word, but "needy" might fit the bill.

• Love 2

I agree Valene is just in the show to be "discovered" for another reality show. She's very immature. What did she expect living with a single dad?  Mikes son is acting out because he wants all dads attention especially when a strange woman moves in. I wouldn't subject my child to this. It has to be a gradual process. She needs a single childless partying man

the man with 4 children is clueless or is it scripted for drama?  His son probably heard him saying " I need a woman here to do the dishes"

i like John and the cute Canadian woman. His son is a piece of cake compared to the other children

jake is Wierd and Ami can do better with a different type of man. What is she doing there?

are any of these a real relationship anyway or a cast of characters?

• Love 3
23 hours ago, bref said:

ETA: OMG, Kallie DOES look like Genie Francis! Thanks, that was driving me nuts!

True, but I think she looks like an unholy union between Genie Francis and Edith Bunker (Jean Stapleton of All in the Family fame).  The conversation with Paul was the very definition of hearing but not listening. He really just did not get that she wanted him to say that he wanted to get to know, be alone with and be with her. 

Okay, did Mike's son take a shower? I am not around kids a lot but is it customary for 6 year olds to take showers on their own? 

Valene is just hopelessly not meant to be in this situation. I think situationally she was just wrong in the demand for one on one time. It seemed like Mikey pretty much hadn't seen or spent time with his dad all day as he spent it with her so I would expect that Mikey would and should be his dad's focal point on arriving back home.  I don't see what is so wrong in waiting until they get through Mikey and Mike's bed time ritual before wanting sexy times. I like Mike's devotion to his son and find it to be a sign of good character but apparently Valene does not. 

Mikey is my fave kid and he seems to be the sweetest, if a tad on the precocious side.  

Denise the Canadian? For her 1st time alone with hottie John what would possess her to put on that boner killing onesie? I expected those two to have the most natural chemistry but they have been such an asexual pair. John seems completely consumed by his son. They are alone together, she is trying to get closer by initiating more intimate physical contact. I mean damn ole girl had her had in his lap and was holding his hand and all he could do was talk about Elijah. 

Again, not around kids a lot but I was finding the Elijah scenes slightly infuriating.  I know he is only four but there were other problems besides the underroos turds. Spitting, acting aggressive towards Denise with the scissors? no ma'am. I could see the locking her in the bathroom and being a lil mouthy as typical 4 year old challenging a strange woman in your home, but the other stuff belonged in a different dimension if you ask me. 

I like Denise but there is something slightly 90s about her styling. She is attractive and obviously in amazing shape.  I would love for her to grow out those brows, get some new glasses (are those gazelles?) and ease up on the hair product. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

True, but I think she looks like an unholy union between Genie Francis and Edith Bunker (Jean Stapleton of All in the Family fame).

LOL, I was going to say a beat-up Genie Francis, but I was trying to be nice. But they really do have the same mouth and unnaturally white teeth.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

True, but I think she looks like an unholy union between Genie Francis and Edith Bunker (Jean Stapleton of All in the Family fame).  The conversation with Paul was the very definition of hearing but not listening. He really just did not get that she wanted him to say that he wanted to get to know, be alone with and be with her. 

Okay, did Mike's son take a shower? I am not around kids a lot but is it customary for 6 year olds to take showers on their own? 

Valene is just hopelessly not meant to be in this situation. I think situationally she was just wrong in the demand for one on one time. It seemed like Mikey pretty much hadn't seen or spent time with his dad all day as he spent it with her so I would expect that Mikey would and should be his dad's focal point on arriving back home.  I don't see what is so wrong in waiting until they get through Mikey and Mike's bed time ritual before wanting sexy times. I like Mike's devotion to his son and find it to be a sign of good character but apparently Valene does not. 

Mikey is my fave kid and he seems to be the sweetest, if a tad on the precocious side.  

Denise the Canadian? For her 1st time alone with hottie John what would possess her to put on that boner killing onesie? I expected those two to have the most natural chemistry but they have been such an asexual pair. John seems completely consumed by his son. They are alone together, she is trying to get closer by initiating more intimate physical contact. I mean damn ole girl had her had in his lap and was holding his hand and all he could do was talk about Elijah. 

Again, not around kids a lot but I was finding the Elijah scenes slightly infuriating.  I know he is only four but there were other problems besides the underroos turds. Spitting, acting aggressive towards Denise with the scissors? no ma'am. I could see the locking her in the bathroom and being a lil mouthy as typical 4 year old challenging a strange woman in your home, but the other stuff belonged in a different dimension if you ask me. 

I like Denise but there is something slightly 90s about her styling. She is attractive and obviously in amazing shape.  I would love for her to grow out those brows, get some new glasses (are those gazelles?) and ease up on the hair product. 

Yeah girl he took a shower, did that seem premature for his age? lol.  It's mostly to play and relax, rare is the first grader actually interested in cleanliness.  I used to tell mine to remember to wash.....with soap.    Then mess around and think it just bought me 5 minutes, only to go in the bathroom to find the entire bottle of Mr. Bubble empty, but the most awesome shampoo horns of all time.   This chick could be having the time of her life bonding with this dude, she just isn't interested in a kid.    What is he like 31? 33? I'm shocked he's had any trouble finding a woman who's not a jerk.   Unless he's only choosing with his eyes and she's gotta be childless too, I don't see his challenge.

This is the part that I don't understand why she doesn't understand.   Go to bed Mikey.  Ok.  Said no 6 year old ever.    His devotion is very sweet.  It's clear he's trying to balance spending time with her with his responsibilities so she's going to need to lower her expectations or leave.   According to the previews,

Spoiler

she starts texting dumbass messages after locking herself in the bedroom and refusing to talk to him.   My 16 year old wouldn't ever.

I don't even think John knows he's doing it.  He really needs to figure how to do the switch over from daddy to {{bow chick a wow wow}} dadd-ay.  Ain't no WAY you that fine, seemingly normal and you're alone unless it's by choice.  Or you know, you can't stop talking about the lil stinker.   Denise better keep those thermal costumes coming, it looks like the only way to this dude's heart is through his baby.  You're dead ass wrong for: underroos turds.  Lol.    Even wrong-er for gazelles.  MC Hammer estate sale.

• Love 3
On 5/30/2016 at 9:22 AM, ethalfrida said:

This is cringeworthy, just like 90 Day Fiancee.  I watch through my fingers.

I know! My mantra as I watch this is: "Birth control, people. Find it, use it, love it".  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I agree with everything stated (Thank you, Islandgal140!!) and I wish each point had a Like button -- or a heart, in this case -- for me to click on!

I like Denise, but girl has GOT to dye her hair to a chestnut brunette.  That jet-black thing is just not right against her skintone and especially against her lily-white scalp (why part her hair all over the place, too?  No bueno).  And what was she thinking putting on that onesie for alone time with John?  Is she a Furry or something?  Was she hoping to tap into some fetish she hopes he has?  CREEPY.  Otherwise, I like the gal.  She seems normal and thoughtful, at least.

Valene ...I just can't.  She's emotionally younger than Mikey.  It's painful when she's on screen, always complaining.  Mike seems like a sincere guy who is sooooo tired of feeling rejected by girls who are initially attracted to him and then dump him over Mikey.  I think he's a good dad and has his priorities right (with the exception of agreeing to do this dumb ass show, obviously).  He's really attentive to Mikey, and he's been completely honest to Valene.  She's just an idiot who likes trashy clothes.

Kallie - poor gal had the best intentions, but didn't realize her dude has no capacity for anything deep.  Is he playing dumb or is he really that way???  Not sure we will ever know.  

It's clear we all agree about Ami and Jake.  She leaves to leave and FAST.  He is a creepster, and it's embarrassing to see her desperately wanting something this unnatural to work out.  You can see in her eyes- she knows it, too.  I hope she doesn't sleep with him.  She will feel foolish afterward.

What can we do to get Mikey his own TV show?  That kid cracks me up!!

• Love 6
On Monday, June 06, 2016 at 10:33 AM, redsoxgirl51282 said:

Actually if you watched all the episodes so far Kallie was unaware that Paul had any kids at all.  She didn't know until they had already agreed that she was going to move down there and live with him.  It made her think twice about going down there as well.   Personally I want to know right off the bat if a guy has kids or not because I feel thats a big thing that shouldn't be hidden at all.  Some people prefer to date someone who doesn't have kids.  I am not picky about it but if a guy can't tell me straight up he has a kid or kids, then I consider that lying and won't continue anything further.

So not all of the girls knew the guys had kids.

I get what your saying about Valene though she can be kinda rude.  She is not used to this at all and I think that she only came because she had feel wicked hard for Mike and kinda put the whole fact he had a kid thing to the side.  That didn't really bug her much until she actually got there.  Her friend even told her that that was going to happen that it would be hard for them to have alone time.  

Jake there is something way off about him that I don't think anyone but him knows about.  I think he is sneaking around and figured by meeting Amy and bringing her to live with him it would give him more of a chance to sneak out on his own.  I have a feeling she is going to catch on quick and leave soon.  He didn't even have the nerve to tell her that he had surgery so he couldn't have more kids, which is something he should have said when they started talking.  I believe she would like to have kids of her own im sure.

Also the fact that sarah never told Jason she had never had a real relationship before was a big no no.  She should have been honest with him about that from the beginning because it is clear that that is a big turn off for Jason, even more so since he has 2 grown daughters.  

Lastly I think that Paul's kids shouldn't be saying things to Kallie about their dad wanting someone to do the cooking and the cleaning and the motherly things.  That is just setting him up for disaster and seems to me like maybe that is what he is really looking for.

I did watch all the episodes from the beginning after I had watched the newest one and from what Kallie was saying to her mom and stuff, she said she knew he had kids, but she was thinking more along the lines of one or two, maybe three. There is no way that she could not have known he didn't have at least one kid. Like I said before, she is on a show called "Single Dad Seeking". If Paul didn't have kids, he wouldn't have been able to be a candiadte for the show. It would be different if the show was called "Single Guy Seeking" or something like that, you know what I mean?

Oh, and Jake should have definitely told Ami about his vasectomy before they met face to face, just like how Denise told the guy she is staying with up front that she might not be able to have kids. I dunno, there is just something about Jake that I can't wrap my head around. He is just...off. He lets his kids run him and doesn't seem to have any respect for Ami.

• Love 4
On Monday, June 06, 2016 at 10:55 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

This Jersey Girl wants to roundhouse you.  Can't though, because: facts.  Lol.

I know what you mean bout Valene.  Disagree slightly with it being okay to be super needy.  Late teens through early twenties, sure, you're just learning how not to be so self absorbed.  But 30 years old and still wanting to wile all the way out whenever your *boyfriend* redirects attention from you to attend to his child?  Girl, bye.   I chortled last night though because, alright I'll say it, Mikey was being an asshole.  He didn't *need* his father as much as want Valene to know daddy belongs to him and don't you forget it.  I had a friend whose husband was Valene.  Everything was all good during their courtship, super romantic, she cooked all the time, they traveled, just all the time in the world to do nothing but stare into each others' irises.  Then they had a baby and he was like what about me?   Do you know this dude left her when the baby was 10 months old because she was too attentive to their infant son's needs.   I said girl didn't he know if he'dve just tag teamed with you every day, ya'll could've carved out couple time.  She said yeah he didn't wanna carve and I didn't wanna be with the kinda fool I had to explain that to.    Say all that to say what somebody mentioned upthread.  It's not always an awesome job if you've done it from day one, so she needs to get beyond wanting Mike to acknowledge that and herself understand that even if she could do it, she doesn't want to.  And that's fine but shit, quit whining or expecting him to turn back into a frat party guy, if he ever was one.  That's ridiculous.

I would've cussed Jake up one side of the street for not coming home and if I'd still been there, cussed him down the other side for subjecting me to his Walmart Equate Brand trashbox of a sister.   No gawd honey, you are not about to judge what the hell is wrong with me for coming out here when your brother didn't ask to see my damn driver's license before leaving me with his children and you look like that.  Good day sir!   There is something wrong with each and every one of em, but times must be hard out here for it to have come to this.   That kiss.  Lawd.  Lisa Marie and Michael. 

Kallie looks old in the face to be 28.  Whatever that guy's name is, he's acting too dim to be anyone's partner.  What she's asking isn't rocket science.   None of these women have kids themselves right?  My boyfriend was watching this involuntarily and asked what is happening in the cities where they live where an intelligent and attractive, childless woman has to travel to find what they've found.   He's not even talking about childless guys in their cities but if they're willing to date dads, there aren't any where they live?   For the purposes of the show I guess we just need to go with it.

Tattoo dad is nice enough but the first time I heard that story about the platonic ex who's still in their lives?  Nope.   Go find a woman on blurryboundaries.com

Denise and John.  I know children, especially little ones don't have a concept of executing passive aggression.  But ya'll? Lol!!  This baby poo'd his pants, twice?  Once, ok, he's nervous and unsure and daddy's not home and he don't know this lady.   Again though?  Wait, before I get all judgey, is he potty trained?

To Valene's point, what is kinda shitty about dating is that I don't think any of the men would put up with reciprocal circumstances.   Kallie's guy was like I'm not about to sit here and act grateful if a woman wants to be a part of my life.  I mean I will be but I'm not finna act like it.   Unh huh.  How's that working out for you?

Overall, it's uncomfortable to look at, but I don't have the good grace to let that keep me from watching lol.

Regardless of Valene's age, I don't really see a problem with her being needy, I just think she needs to understand thar Mikey comes first and she needs to understand that she'll rarely ever get alone time with Mike. She got all mad and was like "yesterday I wasn't a parent and now I'm supposed to be one?" Uh, yeah jackass. What do you think happens when a woman is pregnant and then has a baby? One day you're not a parent and then the next day, you're baby is born and you literally become a parent over night. Valene, Jake and Paul seriouslly need to get their priorities straight. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I know! My mantra as I watch this is: "Birth control, people. Find it, use it, love it".  

LOL! To which I would add, "Boundaries, people! Get some!"

• Love 3

Oh, and Jake should have definitely told Ami about his vasectomy before they met face to face, just like how Denise told the guy she is staying with up front that she might not be able to have kids. I dunno, there is just something about Jake that I can't wrap my head around. He is just...off. He lets his kids run him and doesn't seem to have any respect for Ami.

I agree, there is something off about Jake, and I think his family knows this.  It was just strange when he talked to his family before Ami came.  And when the sister was grilling Ami, I don't think she was worried about Jake, as much as worried about the whole thing being a mistake.  I wonder who he spent the night with when he didn't come home to Ami?

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Snewtsie said:

I like Denise, but girl has GOT to dye her hair to a chestnut brunette.  That jet-black thing is just not right against her skintone and especially against her lily-white scalp (why part her hair all over the place, too?  No bueno).  

I've noticed that bad hair seems to be a thing for many (not all, of course) female weightlifters. Their hair always looks terrible - bad color, dry, unflattering style, no shine, split ends, etc. Denise's hair is awful on her.

• Love 1
On Monday, June 06, 2016 at 1:44 PM, riverblue22 said:

She probably thinks she can get onto The Bachelor after this. 

I noticed on her FB page she's FB friends with a lot of guys from TB.  Interesting you said that.  She's also the type to post sexy selfies of herself all the time just for men to comment.

On Monday, June 06, 2016 at 9:33 AM, redsoxgirl51282 said:

But didn't she Facetime/Skype with Mike and Mikey before she came?

If anyone wants to cringe, go to Mormon dad's FB page.  Jake Cope.  He's got a personal and a fan page he set up for himself.  On one of them, he and his sister make these lame short videos of her being "cute", i.e. acting like a ditz.  She seems to think she's made it big, she's the unsung hero of this whole series.  Just because all her friends kiss her butt and tell her her videos are funny, she thinks she's a star now.  And Jake also posted the video of them showing his sisters body in a bikini laying out by the sun.  He was all proud captioning, "my sister"!  She's your sister Jake.  Not some hot girl in a bikini you should be staring at. Odd family.

• Love 3

But the attraction between Jake and Ami is so ... hot...When he said, sneeriingly, "You could make me do things!" I'm thinking she did make you do things: 

• rush your brat to the doctor, minutes after Ami's arrival, because brat said, (gasp,) her stomach hurt
  • abandon Ami overnight, the first time you were faced with the prospect of being alone together
  • let your sister be rude to her, as part of sister's audition for The Real, (well, not REAL, but, you know,) Housewives of Utah
  • lie to her, and say she could make you do things
  • Love 7

I had guys say this line to me when I was single.  Note:  "Line".  

As for little Elijah pooping his pants seemingly on purpose, not once but twice --- My first husband had two small children when we met.   I was living with my parents at the time in a nice house with a swimming pool.  His five year old girl pooped IN THE POOL, and I he didn't tell me, but I saw the whole thing from inside the house as I was getting ready to walk out the patio door.    I didn't make a big deal because I didn't want to be a bad hostess, but said that it was time to get out  and took a skimmer and asked him to get the poop out of the pool.     (luckily it was "firm").   The next time I saw them, the little girl hit me over the head with a heavy wooden toy.  We got married at the courthouse, and my parents were throwing a big backyard reception for us the next week.   As we were getting ready for the reception, new husband decided that his pool-pooping daughter just HAD to have her rash medicine which was at her mom's a one-hour drive each way, and it COULD NOT POSSIBLY wait until the next day.   I had to get his two kids plus myself ready for OUR wedding reception, drive over to my parents' house by myself with the kids, and then wait two hours with my very uncomfortable guests for my husband to arrive.  His kids wanted to help carry the wedding gifts out to the car when the whole thing was over, and over my objections,  he let them  (ages 3 and 5) ---- crash!!!  Crystal all over the driveway.    I advise any of these women to RUN for the nearest exit.  I wish I had listened to my gut and backed out of the wedding.   His kids always came first -- no matter what -- and I'm not talking about major things -- but really minor stuff, too.   You will never be first. 

• Love 3

I checked out Valene's public and personal FB pages and she really turned me off.  What a narcissist!  I'm sure this fling with Mike won't work out.  Just as well, and I guess he got some good sex out of it.  There is no room for anyone but Valene in her life.

I'm a few minutes in and Valene is driving me nuts. He invited her to go with, she said no. Now she's all how dare he not talk to me the second I want to? She's worse than a child.

• Love 2

I LOL'd at her "I didn't want to talk to him, but (now he's been gone for hours) and now I want to talked to him and he hasn't even gotten in touch with me!" Yeah, girl, you forgot to check "mindreader" on your OK Cupid profile. I have to say I admire him for not saying what Valene was texting, though. He didn't share the nature of her crazy with us or with his friend -- just "some pretty vile stuff" and no details.  Damnit, I want to know! And if it's vile, the pseudo-relationship better end with that. "Vile" is a relationship-ender for sane people.  (you know, early on)

• Love 4

I really, really wished Mike had shared the texts he received. Vile is a pretty strong word. He is a gentleman and a nice guy not to expose her crazy to the world. I did wonder if the constant dinging was just TLC sound effect dramatics or she was really blowing up his phone with a constant barrage of insane texts?

Valene is really a piece of work. Valene is pretty much someone you run, not walk away from. She went from run of the mill self-involved narcissist to:

fc2c56fb9a0bdfef0ead857902b6a257.jpg

You do not want her around your kid. Not that she could see the kid beyond her own reflection and her own wants.

The 1st few times I saw Jake's sister I wasn't completely paying attention to her introduction so I thought it was his aunt or something. I know Ami isn't seen as a hot or pretty girl but I don't think Jake sister is pretty either. She has a decent figure and looks good in a bikini but I don't think I have every seen someone whose eyes were so asymmetrical and so far apart. She is like a hammerhead shark but of course, the blond hair, blue eyes and petite figure act as some kind of cloaking device to obscure her short comings. It doesn't take a genius to know that Jake isn't the least bit interested in Ami physically or otherwise. 

Jake's parenting of the one whiny daughter should make any potential mate run and turn tail. If she disrespects her own father like that .... hmmm, no woman should expect any respect from her. I don't want to watch another week of humiliation of Ami. 

I think Jake has been getting the 'he's strange and might be gay' comments but I am starting to feel the same way about John. I don't know about the gay part but it is almost like he is afraid of Denise and doesn't have an identity outside being a dad to Elijah. By all means and without question, Elijah should be his utmost priority but if John is truly looking for a relationship he should at least put in as much effort in it as weight training. Maybe he is just not a demonstrative person and the cameras haven't helped but I do question his level of attraction to Denise.

I like Denise and she deserves better than what John is giving her so far. Have we even seen these two out on a date alone? Their first outing is to a gym? Come on! 

I was ready to write a diatribe about Jason letting his daughters dictate the level of PDA with his new girlfriend but when I saw the one girl break down about missing her mom I got it. 

Jason's daughters are interesting. What is with the goggle's on the one daughter? My standards are pretty low so seeing as how they had no Kardashians or Jenners on their bedroom walls, aren't dressed promiscuously, aren't wearing 10 lbs of makeup, like Manga makes me like them so far. 

BTW, way too many J named men on this show - Jake, Jason, John? Come on!

Kallie should never have slept with Paul. She needs to get her ass on expedia and book a flight out of there pronto.

• Love 4

I am not feeling any of these couples. Jake and Jason's daughters are brats; not to mention, Jake doesn't appear to be the least bit attracted to Ami.

Seems to me that Paul is looking for a housekeeper with benefits.  I would be concerned as to why his ex wife walked out, leaving behind her four young children. 

I noticed that the first time John saw Denise in person, he didn't seem excited.  At the time, I thought he was holding back because of the cameras.  But based on the fact that she had been there a week and he still hadn't kissed her, I can't help but wonder what is holding him back.   I have a feeling that he was disappointed when he saw her in person (her kangaroo onesie probably didn't help).

Valene can leave at any time. I hope Mike has the good sense to realize that she is not the one for him. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Geezlouise! Where do I start...

Paul & Kallie: She seems like a good person, willing to give him a chance but he's as dim as a broken lightbulb. She wants a family, ready-made if you will but wow, he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body. So far, he's treated her like a roomie. I'm amazed he hasn't asked her to pay half the rent yet. She's trying so hard, poor gal, and it seems like he's got no emotions, only that friggen trembling chin when he thinks she's going to leave! He's too comfortable just letting her be the maid. No chemistry here. Go home Kallie and forget this whole mess. You're a sweet lady, you can do much better, you want romance but he's as stiff as a board  but not in his pants.

Jake & Ami: WTF? Ami, go home! You're an educated woman seeking a family but so far, you've been disrespected so many times that I've lost count. His kids walk all over him and you!  His ugly-ass plastic stripper-sister is asking you what? She's busy on FB trying to get famous! He's got an odd, weird, hard-on for his plastic sister and she's running the show? Go home. As much as you thought he was 'cute', he's too busy tending to his kids' made up illnesses. He's manipulated by those kids and he's going along with it cuz there is zero chemistry. He's left you alone all night? He's a mess, immature and .... I could go on and on. Go home, get yourself an educated man on your level and start over. This child is not your equal. Gotta say that looking at that awkward kiss raised a few flags. 

Mike & Valene: WOW! I've raised a bunch of kids & I get his parenting technique. "Mikey, we're going to the store, ok with you?" He's giving his kid an opening to discuss anything that's bothering him but at the end of it, THEY'RE GOING TO THE STORE. I get it and it works for some. This kid is smart and Mike knows it and I think he's a great father. They're at the beach for the summer and yet, he's stuck to their routine. Bath time, bedtime, party, etc. I think he has a perfect balance between being a parent, mentor, friend, buddy...which works in a single adult family situation. Why he's single, I'll never know but I'm next in line when he kicks fat-ass primping princess Valene OUT! When she's not busy posing for the camera, she's trying to sausage herself into those cutout, too short, too tight, too whorish clothes. Ya, I said it. I thought she was pretty at first but she opened her mouth and forget it! She's entitled, narcissistic, rude, shallow, insecure, demanding...So obviously using the show to kickstart a showbiz career. Have you seen her FB page? My my... someone has a high opinion of themselves! Trying to 'friend' anybody in the business.  Mike has a good head on his shoulders and is quickly seeing her for what she is. Yet, he's still being respectful to her, don't know why. If she's not the center of attention, she throws tantrums, blows up his phone, locks herself in the bedroom, pouts. Even at the birthday party, he made sure to protect her from the curious guests and told bio mom to leave her alone yet, she pouted during the whole thing. This gal loves drama. Geezlouise , Valene is 30 and little Mikey is more mature than her. Mike, send her packing! She's not good for you and God Bless the next guy she uses. Yuck, this gal is fugly. Hope she doesn't hurt anyone with those jiggly arms when she waves byebye. Sorry, one more thing... Valene complains she wants more 'alone' time but can't wait for the bedtime routine to be over. Instead of helping, showing some interest, she pouts. Wtf? She knew he had a kid, knew he'd be there but Miss Hot Pants thinks this is a fukfest or something. Grow up!

Denise & John: Now, this gal is gorgeous. She's cute, funny and very lovable. I get what she was doing w/her pj's. She was keeping it clean for the kid in the house. Did you want her to show up in lingerie? She's got a sense of humour! Come on, she's a fellow Canadian gal! She's willing to put up w/this child, Eljjah, who is obviously struggling with his emotions. What 4yr old keeps pooping his pants, on purpose? A kid who has issues, that's who! Attacking her with scissors? This child has deep emotional issues and needs help. I'm guessing John has been alone with him from day one and his behaviour is VERY troubling. Denise, this situation isn't for you. John may look good on paper for a woman who can't have kids, I get it, but John isn't ready and neither is Elijah. Go home.

Sarah & Jason: In agreement with the poster above, I thought the same thing. It seems like his daughters are controlling the show but when the daughter started crying, it broke my heart. Those girls still hope there is a chance that mom and dad will get back together. He's told her that it won't happen. I see nothing wrong with mom being in the picture cuz she's encouraging Jason to date and is supportive. Maybe if she told the girls that a reunion won't happen, it would help but so far, I haven't seen it. Not much airtime with these 2 so that's it, for now. 

Edited by Charm
Forgot 1 more Valene complaint
  • Love 6
(edited)

Valene needs to take a good look in her closet and put all of her crop tops into a bag to give to Goodwill. Denise can help her once she puts her glasses in the bag, too. 

Paul needs to call Merry Maids and stop trying to date. He strikes me as super-selfish. He wants what he wants and he is happy. He isn't offering anything to Kallie in exchange for her servitude. Kallie's needs and wants don't mean anything to him.

Ladies on this show and Mike, here is some advice: People don't change.* In fact, they get worse. If he/she is treating you like dog poop at the beginning of a relationship (when most people are on their best behavior), it is only going to get worse.  

Ladies on this show: If a man wants to have sex and there is a willing partner, he will have sex. If you are a willing partner and he is not having sex with you, he doesn't want to have sex with YOU. ETA: If he's holding off for a reason like not wanting to rush things or another reason, he will at least talk to you about it if he is attracted to you.

*If they do change, it is only through extraordinary effort and a desire to change. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 5

As someone who dated a single dad with full custody of his 6 yr. old (we are now married), I have to say that tatoo dad needs to stop with the PDA if it's making his daughter uncomfortable. I can't ever remember a time when me and my honey kissed and hung on to each other in front of his son. It's just not necessary. There's plenty of room for kissy times and affection when the kid isn't around. Like, when you go on dates without the kids, or the ex has them for the weekend. Jeez, use your brains for gods sake. 

Oh, and Valene, the kid is going to be #1. It's a huge responsibility when you have full custody of a child and they depend on you for everything. You should love this man for stepping up to the plate and not running like the wind from his kid. There will be plenty of time for you. Be a little more patient and stop acting like a spoiled bitch with your raging text msgs and then wondering why the guy isn't answering back. I was a little older than Valene when I met my husband, I was really ready to be a mom. There were a few times I was jealous of the attention I wasn't getting but we worked it out. Now that little 6 yr old is all grown up, totally independant and we couldn't be closer. Valene doesn't need or really want a man with a kid.  She needs to go find herself a single party boy from the Jersey Shore. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, PityFree said:

Paul needs to call Merry Maids and stop trying to date. He strikes me as super-selfish. He wants what he wants and he is happy. He isn't offering anything to Kallie in exchange for her servitude. Kallie's needs and wants don't mean anything to him.

This.  Seriously, when I see their scenes, I think he should be paying her as a housekeeper and nanny.  So far he has offered her nothing in return for her hard work.  Something tells me she is a smart cookie and will figure that out.  She just isn't exasperated enough yet, but she will get there.

• Love 6

Late to this show and this party but I've been loving and chuckling at all these comments!

Came here to ask, did anyone else notice the new tattoo Mike had on one of his hands in the last ep (episode 6)? I'm watching episode 2 right now because it's finally on demand for me, and the tattoo was NOT there in that earlier episode.  Anyway, it looks like a bunch of flowers and stuff with swords crossed to form the shape of a V. Mike was originally my favorite person on the show, but if that tattoo stands for "Valene," he's lost my favoritism and gained my pity.  

The tattoo looked really fresh when he was getting harassed via text message at the playground, but I agree with whomever above said the timeline/sequencing seems really off on this show, so *shrugs*.

mike tattoo.jpg

• Love 1

WOW just watched episode 6 and valine is really mean.  I personally think she may have bitten off more than she could chew with this one.  I don't think she fully realized that she was going to get Mike's attention completely and her friend tried to tell her that before hand, she just didn't listen.  His phone kept beeping and beeping and she just would not let up and she ended up saying some nasty things to him.  She is for sure going to regret those things and realize she did have a great guy on her hands but she blew it.  It got so bad that Mike and mikey went to the uncles house to stay for the night because he just couldn't take it anymore.  What is worse is that Mikey is really started to like her and if it isn't going to work then Mike needs to end things now before it gets really bad.

Also with jake, I think she should have never have brought Ami out to him if he knew he wasn't sure exactly how he felt.  He even told his sister he wasn't sure he really wanted to be with her.  He has secrets he is hiding and thats not good.

• Love 4
(edited)

"I agree Valene is just in the show to be "discovered" for another reality show. She's very immature."

I 100% agree with you....now, did you notice that horrible pink-orange sausage casing she was wearing? Omg, GIRL, GO BACK TO THE WHORE-STORE & at least, get out of the kids' size department! What an atrocity!

No matter what size you are, dress accordingly and Hun, no... you're not sexy, you look like a *^#%*,!>~. 

Edited by Charm
Valene ticks me off
  • Love 5

They guy with the 4 kids...omg those kids are absolutely adorable!  They're respectful and open to their dad meeting someone and that's incredible.  The dad, unfortunately, seems like the type who would buy her a weed-eater for their anniversary and then not understand why she doesn't like it.  I love those kids but I'm not sure what she sees in him.

The guy in Utah???  Whoa, this guy is hiding something.  When he left Ami alone that night he was with a "friend."  All night.  Riiiight.  When he consults his sister and she asks him about his feelings he doesn't answer anything about feelings...he says, "I don't know what I want."  It's because it's not about Ami, it's about something he's not telling.  Maybe gay?  Bi?  Sheep? Definitely something.   I feel for Ami who must be getting mixed signals right and left.

That chick Valene is really immature for her age and way too high-maintenance for a single dad.  She's constantly touching her hair and adjusting her skanky clothes and trying to pose.  Pretty shallow all around.  Right now Mike is thinking with the wrong head but I'm guessing his daddy instincts will win out in the end.  The only daddy she needs is a sugar daddy.

The weightlifter chick, Denise, is competing too much with John and further threatening him with all the phone numbers she gets from other guys.  I think he's got his hands full with his kid and maybe he's a bit worried about being constantly challenged by his gf.

• Love 4

This show is my Sunday night guilty pleasure. I agree with everyone's comments about Valene. She is a beautiful girl. She reminds me of Geena Davis. But if you are a party girl wouldn't it be obvious that Mike is not at that level any longer?? Her sister told her that at the beginning. She just wanted to be on TV. Try for the Bachelor or something. She just looks like a bitch at this point. Very selfish and immature. 

I feel bad for Amy as well. I think she deserves someone better than Jake. He is not into her. And I think she is a strong woman. She is hoping for so much more than he is. How can she not see how disinterested he is?? Someone said she might have had to stay because of contracts or something. Her face when he mentions her getting on the plane tells me she is hoping for more. Maybe it's the editing or something. Her parents were right to be worried. 

I'm basically repeating what everyone else said. I m so glad there's a forum for this show!!

• Love 2

I just started watching today so forgive me for being a bit behind the conversation. 

Ami said that his sister was "acting as any older sister should act". Um no, dear. He is a grown man. I see a common thread in these reality shows. I saw it on Married at First Sight too. The families somehow have control and feel that it's completely normal to grill a new girlfriend or boyfriend. I have NEVER been treated like that by any man's family and my family has never treated my dates in such a way. IT IS NOT NORMAL and I hate how the reality shows think we're all stupid enough to believe that it's not scripted in some way.

K now that I got that out of my system, Valene. Wow. I will be honest. If some new chick my kid's dad barely even knew was staying in the house with my little boy, yes, we would have a talk. That said, if it was that important to his ex, she should have approached her. That's what I would have done. Aside from that, Valene acts very snobby. She didn't even try to have fun with the kid for his birthday, she barely even smiled and basically pouted in a corner the whole time. So I definitely feel for Mike's ex-wife. It may have been different if Valene actually acted even a little bit friendly. She strikes me as the evil step-mom type. I've had friends growing up who had them. They want the dad but they treat his kids like total shit. It's a real thing and Mike needs to really think about this because I have a feeling his Jersey girl ex will kick the living shit out of this spoiled snob if she mistreats her son. She does not look at all afraid to cut a bitch.

(edited)
On June 8, 2016 at 10:54 AM, PityFree said:

I've noticed that bad hair seems to be a thing for many (not all, of course) female weightlifters. Their hair always looks terrible - bad color, dry, unflattering style, no shine, split ends, etc. Denise's hair is awful on her.

Estrogen blockers maybe or some other supplement? It is never natural for a woman's body to be that wiry and muscular without some assistance. It may screw up the health of their hair.

Edited by Nowhere

Jake, your gay, sir. Come on out, little fella.

Mike and Mikey are both amazing. They are too good for Valene and I really hope Mike figures that out. There are so many good single women out there who would die to have a man like Mike. He's very sincere, he's a great dad, and he just wants someone to love and understand them. The disappointment on his face when she says some things to him is absolutely heartbreaking.

• Love 2

Jason said, "Mom left and she's not an option for me right now."

Right now? Does that mean he's open to a future with Mary Ellen? Maybe he's not over her. That made me feel so bad for Sarah. 

• Love 3

Ami and what's-his-face only talked online for about a month before she came out to visit??? I assume all the "couples" were similar. That makes for a guaranteed trainwreck of a show. 

None of these men really want a relationship, IMHO. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Ami and what's-his-face only talked online for about a month before she came out to visit??? I assume all the "couples" were similar. That makes for a guaranteed trainwreck of a show. 

None of these men really want a relationship, IMHO. 

Did he say, "your gorgeous eyes and smile make me smirk"? 

• Love 3