Type keyword(s) to search

Single Dad Seeking - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Watched it last night.  Sorry, I don't remember their names, but what does the big girl do for a living?  How can she take the whole summer off?  I know the other one is a teacher.  I think the one who who went to MormonLand is doomed--too many kids and she seems a little old for him since he looks like a little boy.  I think it would be really hard for someone who travels to exotic places every year and seems well-educated to be dumped off in a town in Utah to live with a guy who lays tile and was a child groom, but I guess she's willing to give it a go.  Maybe he's also educated.  Hope so, because I think she'll be bored as a suburban mom.  Also not sure if they are practicing Jews/Mormons.  If they are, that could make things difficult.  I think they will be an interesting story.  So far, everyone seems nice--no obvious freaks or villains, except for MormonBoy's stripper-looking sister.

• Love 3

This show fascinates me because I can't imagine being a step-mom. Nope. That's too much baggage for me, personally. I was warned by an older female friend to never get into a relationship where an ex and a child are involved. Plus, the way they are framing this show makes it seem like the dad's are looking for live in child care providers rather than actual relationships. 

The dad with the little kid who had to be reminded to flush the toilet? Big nope. One unflushed toilet and i'd be out of there. I won't even go into the whole issue of keeping the toilet lids closed. Nope. That dad is looking for someone to clean and do laundry. 

Also, I think it is very poor judgement on the part of the dads to put their kids on TV and introduce them to potential partners after just meeting them in person. 

• Love 7
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:44 PM, PityFree said:

<snip>

The dad with the little kid who had to be reminded to flush the toilet? Big nope. One unflushed toilet and i'd be out of there. I won't even go into the whole issue of keeping the toilet lids closed. Nope. That dad is looking for someone to clean and do laundry. 

<snip> 

Agreed. It did not appear that it occurred to either one of them to discuss prior to her moving in what roll she would be allowed/expected to play in the child's discipline, what, if any, "house rules" the dad consistently enforced, or even what his parenting philosophy might be. To me, not offering this information to the woman is a sign of a very lackadaisical parenting style on the part of the dad, and NOPE! I don't care how nice, good-looking, or rich a man might be, ain't getting involved in that mess, no way no how.

Honestly, it's difficult enough to parent a child you've raised from birth. Assuming the role of parent to the five-year-old child of a man you've never met in person, and with whom you've apparently never had a serious discussion about parenting? I don't think so.

• Love 3

Yup, I was thinking about the questions I would ask:  "Under what circumstances do you tell him "No"? And how many times do you say it? Does your child have chores? Tell me about a time when he has experienced consequences, and what kind?"  Hey, job interview style questions or not, I'd want to know a LOT more about the guy's parenting techniques than about the child. Kids are kids, they're going to do what they can get away with...

Interesting show so far. It looks like next week brings out the crazy. Yay!!

• Love 6

What really bugged me about Mike is his always asking his son for permission, such as when he told to his son after his date with Valene, he might sleep in her room (ostensibly because Mike was concerned his son might wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to find him), and then said "Is that okay?"

Mike did it again at the restaurant, I believe when he was telling his son he would be going with his uncle, while Mike would be staying out for the evening with Valene - again asking his son "Is that okay?"

I thought the first example was wildly inappropriate (it made me uncomfortable when I realized Mike was telling his five-year-old kid of his plans to perhaps sleep with the woman he'd just met in person before discussing it with Valene herself). But that aside, as a parent you do not ask your child's permission to do things, because if the child says "No," then you've got a fight on your hands (or, have to accept you've just given your child power over what you do or don't do).

That kid is bright, and as evidenced by the toilet-flushing discussion in episode one (in which he told his dad he would flush the toilet, but then in his TH told the producer he would not) has already learned to say what he knows his dad wants to hear, and then do whatever he likes anyway.

Mike - get back to me and let me know how that worked out when your kid is 16 and can get himself into some real trouble.

• Love 8

I agree....the Utah Dad seems immature and younger than his age, and Ami Teacher Lady seems MUCH older than him in personality and looks.  She's a teacher, yes, for high school kids, but she seemed pretty lost when left alone w his kids?  And all pissy about it?  Lol. Yeah this isn't going to work.

Valene seems really immature for someone that is 31.  Looks pretty apparent she'd like the kid to disappear.  I wish she had some better/more supportive bras.

• Love 9

I am impressed with Mike, because it seems like he has his priorities straight when it comes to putting his son first.  I think it's apparent they have a close relationship, and I don't mind so much that he includes him in decisions.  I hear what some of you have expressed, that he's asking his son for permission, but I don't see it that way.  I think it's a nice dynamic he has with his son.

I second the thoughts on wondering what does Valene do for work, so she is able to take the summer off?  She seems nice & sweet but comes across as not the brightest bulb. She certainly didn't think this though, as evidence that she is so turned off by having the kid around.  It seems bizarre to me that she's reacting so negatively this early into the show.  I imagine it will grow into resentment very quickly.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Kelly said:

Valene seems really immature for someone that is 31.  Looks pretty apparent she'd like the kid to disappear.  I wish she had some better/more supportive bras.

She is always tugging at her clothes.  Maybe because they're three sizes too small?  I'm not a fan of the squeezed sausage look, but realize she's from New Jersey.  Pretty face, though.

The Utah lady is only four years older than Mormonboy.  I'm not entirely sure he's entirely straight.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, WhoAmIReally said:

The Utah lady is only four years older than Mormonboy.  I'm not entirely sure he's entirely straight.m

I'm not entirely sure about ANY of the men on the show.  Things are not what they seem in the sexual preference reality, in my estimation.

In general, I can't stand the giggling-factor present in BOTH the men and the women.  You've put yourselves on a reality show.  Stuff is awkward. Kids and young teens are involved.  Can you at least try to stop giggling over every new or unexpected thing?

Also, in general, the kid's THs don't bother me because they're highly producer-manipulated for "entertainment value."  To me, it was obvious that Mikey was being fed his line about not flushing the toilet. 

All the men have invested too much time in their gyms, tattoos, sculpted haircuts and facial hair, muscle tees,  etc., for my taste.  Just my personal outlook.

Based on the first two episodes, I would counsel Valene and Amie to leave immediately.  Val is not mommy material, and the Mormon dad going to the "gym," and leaving Aimee along in the house as babysitter for the entire night/2:30am are the biggest red flags ever. Time to go.

Poor kids. Spotlights on them are unfair, and they have their dads to thank.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Kelly said:

I agree....the Utah Dad seems immature and younger than his age, and Ami Teacher Lady seems MUCH older than him in personality and looks.  She's a teacher, yes, for high school kids, but she seemed pretty lost when left alone w his kids?  And all pissy about it?  Lol. Yeah this isn't going to work.

I think she would look better in her clothes if they were not so darn tight, and not so darn short! She has a pretty face, but her legs are just not her best feature, in my opinion anyway!

3 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

I'm not entirely sure about ANY of the men on the show.  Things are not what they seem in the sexual preference reality, in my estimation.

In general, I can't stand the giggling-factor present in BOTH the men and the women.  You've put yourselves on a reality show.  Stuff is awkward. Kids and young teens are involved.  Can you at least try to stop giggling over every new or unexpected thing?

Also, in general, the kid's THs don't bother me because they're highly producer-manipulated for "entertainment value."  To me, it was obvious that Mikey was being fed his line about not flushing the toilet. 

All the men have invested too much time in their gyms, tattoos, sculpted haircuts and facial hair, muscle tees,  etc., for my taste.  Just my personal outlook.

Based on the first two episodes, I would counsel Valene and Amie to leave immediately.  Val is not mommy material, and the Mormon dad going to the "gym," and leaving Aimee along in the house as babysitter for the entire night/2:30am are the biggest red flags ever. Time to go.

If it was not for leaving those kids home alone, I sure would have just packed up and got the hell out of there!

• Love 3
On 17/05/2016 at 7:19 PM, WhoAmIReally said:

I have to give props to Valene(?) for realizing pretty quickly that she's not interesting in the kid thing. 

Wait until next week, when the boy's mother will be at the party, should be entertaining!

On 17/05/2016 at 6:16 PM, TeapotWakeen said:

Yup, I was thinking about the questions I would ask:  "Under what circumstances do you tell him "No"? And how many times do you say it? Does your child have chores? Tell me about a time when he has experienced consequences, and what kind?"  Hey, job interview style questions or not, I'd want to know a LOT more about the guy's parenting techniques than about the child. Kids are kids, they're going to do what they can get away with...

Interesting show so far. It looks like next week brings out the crazy. Yay!!

Always fun to have a new show to snark on!

• Love 4
On May 17, 2016 at 4:23 AM, TwirlyGirly said:

That kid is bright, and as evidenced by the toilet-flushing discussion in episode one (in which he told his dad he would flush the toilet, but then in his TH told the producer he would not) has already learned to say what he knows his dad wants to hear, and then do whatever he likes anyway.

Mike - get back to me and let me know how that worked out when your kid is 16 and can get himself into some real trouble.

You make excellent points. I think what bothers me the most is that Mike purposely went on TV and set his kid up to appear to be an obnoxious child, when it's Dad who taught and encouraged all this inappropriate behaviour. Who does that to their child, and laughs about it? And I am bothered that this woman doesn't have the wherewithal to call him on his BS. She was more worried about her hair staying to the side rather than finding out what was really going on with this fool and his poor child.

On May 17, 2016 at 4:11 PM, sleekandchic said:

I loved every one of your observations. Well posted!

• Love 1
On May 17, 2016 at 4:28 AM, Kelly said:

I agree....the Utah Dad seems immature and younger than his age, and Ami Teacher Lady seems MUCH older than him in personality and looks.  She's a teacher, yes, for high school kids, but she seemed pretty lost when left alone w his kids?  

I was really not impressed with Utah dad when he announced he had been 'snipped'. Who falsely brings out a 38 year old teacher who is childless? Did neither of them talk about wanting more kids? We know she wants kids given her situation and job, but why is he even looking at women who haven't had any kids (by choice)? 

On May 12, 2016 at 0:21 PM, JennB said:

If things don't work out with Valene, I volunteer to marry Mike.

Oh please, you sound way to smart to even suggest such a thing. Can you still say this after viewing the episodes? Yes, he's cute, but that is it. And his cute quickly faded when I saw what he was doing to his kid.

• Love 2

I could smell how badly Mike wanted a hookup through my television. TRANSPARENT, Valene. Again, run!

I third those who have suggested that the Mormon Dad isn't exactly straight. Also, who leaves their children with a stranger within hours of their arrival? That is INSANE. I have babysat for families who at least do a trial run with one parent home to make sure the kids won't end up you know dead. JFC. 

I loved that dad in Indianapolis whose kids are studying Latin and the cello. And then he brought up the ex who is their Mom. Holy emotional rollercoaster Batman.

So much drama, so much trash and so much snark. I just can't seem to quit TLC. 

• Love 4

Man, I like the trash TV as much as the next girl, but this one is just about the worst. I hope that there's nothing real about it, but unfortunately it probably is.

These are all people with absolutely no boundaries. Men who leave their kids with strangers, women who travel across the country to move in with strange men, exes hanging around all over the place - did the one guy, the one with Valene, intend to go out with his ex-wife, his ex-GF, AND Valene all at the same time??? Sure, that'll work. 

I'm sure I'd love watching this show if it didn't have kids involved. These people are all a mess, every one of them. And Valene is not going to get anything more than a hookup out of this. For a gorgeous woman, she still manages to look trashy. Which would be fine if it wasn't in front of the kids.

Boundaries, people. Get some. Or regret it later.

• Love 4

Episode 3...Disappearing Dad

Last episode we were given the impression that Jake left Ami alone with his three kids overnight, no explanation, no replies to her calls and texts.  On her first night there.  Tonight, the story is different.  It was her third night there, Jake had dropped the kids at their mom's for the night, and Ami was all alone.  Jake explained he felt overwhelmed, so when he supposedly left the gym, he decided to take a left instead of a right, met up with a friend for a drink, suddenly one hour's respite turned into an overnight.

Two questions from me: first,  who else thought Jake was praying that Ami would take the hint and split? Such a shock for him to see her there waiting!  Second, WTH is the matter with Ami?  Once Jake didn't reply to your texts the night he disappeared, you should have left. You weren't babysitting the kids, you were alone and waiting.

Leads me to wonder about contractual obligations though.  Also makes me wonder why some of these people hooked up so quickly?  Just to participate in this show?  All these "secrets" revealed?  4 kids! Infertility! Crohn's disease!  Bisexuality! Guys with meddling exes, sisters and mothers?  

Meeting through bodybuilding sites -- one of THE most narcissistic sports ever invented?  Yeah, great place to meet a loving mate who will love your kids. Not.

• Love 4

These guys are really good looking. 

Based on his behavior, I don't think Jake is attracted to Ami. 

I think Jason's daughters and his ex, Mary Ellen are going to be a challenge.   I have a feeling Sarah is in for a bumpy ride.    

I believe a lot of women that don't particularly care for kids, would be willing to put up with Elijah, if it means being with John. 

• Love 5

The Evil Stepmother phenomenon lives on in the 21st century!

Kids KNOW when their adults don't like them or barely tolerate them.  That kind of rejection lives on for an eternity, which causes horrible tragic wounds and consequences.  Any adult woman who consciously decides to barely tolerate her bf's kids just cause she's hot for bf deserves, imo, to be miserable.  However,  innocent kids don't deserve that misery, too.

If this show is legit, the men better get smart about what they're exposing their children to.  Being "best friends," playing mini golf and rough and tumble are not enough.

• Love 6

Jake didn't go home because he totally didn't want to do the dirty with Ami. There is absolutely no attraction there. 

Sarah is adorable.  Those teenage girls are going to be trouble. 

Valene?  Ever notice in all of her scenes, she is totally posing and sucking it in?  I would be the exact same.  Judging by her Facebook, she is a party girl

i like this show and am sad the forum doesn't have more participation. ?

• Love 3

Completely agree that Jake didn't come home because he didn't want to hook up with Ami. Having something like that happen so early in the relationship usually leads to distrust, which is hard to overcome. Not to mention that they don't seem like they have too much in common, and he obviously isn't that attracted to her. I think as exhausting as his sister was, she hit the nail on the head with him wanting a hot girl. And someone else mentioned contractual obligations... I was wondering about that too, because I think that under normal circumstances those two would have met for a date and it would have been a one and done thing.  

Valene does not not seem ready to be a parent. Her interactions with Mikey are really stiff and awkward. And judging from the previews for next week, it looks like Mikey's mom is a bit of a handful. She seems like the type that would want to sabatoge her ex-husband's relationships just because. I do think it's odd that he lives in FL, but met a girl from NJ and his ex just happens to live in NJ too. Maybe he was looking in NJ because of his family ties, but I'm giving TLC a big ol' side eye on that.  I'm not ready to write them off just yet, but I think Valene is going to have to really have to figure out what she wanted nts in order for the relationship to work.

My fav couple at the moment is Sarah and the guy with the two teenage daughters. They both seem like genuine, grounded people and his daughters seem fairly open to him dating. He also has a good relationship with his ex, who isn't the girls' mother but was like a mother to them for many years (do I have that right?). Anyway, they seem like they might work, and if not I could see them still being cordial and keeping up with each other. A lot of ppl on social media seem to get gay vibes from this guy (and Jake too) but I'm not seeing it  I'll admit that my gaydar isn't all that strong tho  

The two bodybuilders seem like they are decently matched as well. Is this the guy who has his ex living with him?  Yikes. We didn't see much of them so I'll reserve judgement until next week. If she can get over the ex-factor then they might work out  

The guy with the 4 kids who didn't tell the woman he was talking to until they had discussed meeting?? What the what??? I mean, I get that it probably does cause otherwise interested women to run for the hills, but if they do then they aren't right for a single father anyway. His kids shouldn't have to put up with someone who sees them as an afterthought or an obstacle. If that woman decides to go meet him (who am I kidding, of course she will or they wouldn't have introduced them) I hope she is genuinely ok with his situation. She seems pretty nice, but he is coming off as a bit wishy-washy.

I like this this show and it's an interesting premise, but I'm not sure about actually moving the women in before they've really gotten to know each other, let alone the kids. Obviously not all of them are going to work out, and I hope that the kids don't get too attached to the women in those situations  I would hate for any of the kids to think that the relationship didn't work out because of them... even if that was a factor, the kids shouldn't carry that burden. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I got disgusted and decided to stop watching, but then nothing else was on TV so I watched. UGH! All of these dads are messed up. 

I think I'll keep watching just to see what weird clothes Valene wears.

The woman who moved for the Mormon dad is getting red flags all over the place and I wonder what the producers are threatening her with to keep her from leaving the show. He doesn't feel chemistry? He' not sure if he likes her? He has so many doubts that he ditches her for the night? RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 4

These people all skyped for however long before they agreed to get together. I would have assumed they were attracted to each other or they wouldn't have agreed to do this in the first place. I am confused.?

• Love 1
On May 17, 2016 at 6:11 PM, sleekandchic said:

IBased on the first two episodes, I would counsel Valene and Amie to leave immediately.  Val is not mommy material, and the Mormon dad going to the "gym," and leaving Aimee along in the house as babysitter for the entire night/2:30am are the biggest red flags ever. Time to go.

I thought that Mormon dad had left kids with Ami too, but the latest episode (3?) showed a TH where Ami stated the kids were elsewhere. 

But he still shouldn't have left her on her third night there. I agree with the observations above noting his lack of interest. My guess was he doesn't think she's hot enough for him, now that he's seen her in person. 

Run, Ami, run! This guy is a selfish jerk.

• Love 2

Right, Porterest.  Like Jake is Brad/Idris/George/Denzel rolled into one, right?! Ha.

Seriously, I believe every person has his/her type, and if that type is what makes them happy, so be it. Pursue and subdue, with love and affection.

But if a person recognizes ( for example, Jake) that a connection isn't his type (Ami) then be honest, split, tell her he doesn't feel a spark.

I think all the guys on this show are gay. Yeah I said it.  They all love their kids and are trying hard to make a good, happy life for the kids. I commend the men for that.

BUT ...STOP pretending to want a woman as lover and partner. Move on. Love the person you should love, or else be happily single.

• Love 3
On 5/16/2016 at 9:19 PM, WhoAmIReally said:

I have to give props to Valene(?) for realizing pretty quickly that she's not interesting in the kid thing. 

She should have thought about that before getting in a home with a child. You have got to want to be involved or there's no way you belong there.

• Love 6
On 5/22/2016 at 11:01 PM, sleekandchic said:

Episode 3...Disappearing Dad

, Jake had dropped the kids at their mom's for the night, and Ami was all alone.  Jake explained he felt overwhelmed, so when he supposedly left the gym, he decided to take a left instead of a right, met up with a friend for a drink, suddenly one hour's respite turned into an overnight.

He panicked because he is not at all attracted to her. They would have been alone in the house = preassure to make a move. Can make the move. Runs away.

On 5/22/2016 at 11:01 PM, sleekandchic said:

• Love 1

Mike: my heart goes to this guy. I hope one day he finds a motherly loving girl that can see what a great Dad he is. I'm sure not a perfect Dad (no one who exposes his child in reality TV is). But when a single young parent has this kind of responsibility and has his priorities right, there is a lot to appreciate. I don't think he is asking his son for permission. He is making sure his son feels safe and knows what is going on. After all, there is a total stranger home.

Valene: She seemed sweet at first. Totally immature after that. It seems to me that she doesn't realize she is not 20 anymore. Not only by the way she dresses, the way she can't stand not being the center of attention, or the way she feels jealous about the cool parties her friends are having while she is helping Mike. Zero experience with kids (likes them as long as they are "cute"). She seems to have a lot more party to do before she gets a real family. And thinks a relationship is going well as long as it is "hot", when we get to everyday realities, puff, it is all gone. Shallow.

• Love 9

Mormon and Ami: Zero chemestry. He is not attracted to her. 

Amy said she likes to stamp her passport every year. I don't see how does that go together with a father of three...

I would have been out of there yesterday after the gym escape episode.

• Love 5

I think most of this women have a family fantasy wonderland and are about to get a huge reality check. Sorry for the kids.

These guys have a much better chance to find someone real, with someone who see their everyday sacrifices and slowly get involved by giving them a hand and then hopefully falling in love. Not an easy task to come into an already established family.

• Love 1

Tatoo guy and girl who lived in Japan would have been a great much if he was single, no kids. I'm not sure she is ready to (or would be ok with) being in the middle of their arrangement. It will be hard to find her place there. Mom ex girlfriend around a lot, daughters giving her rules. She'll be like a third wheel in some way...

• Love 2

How out of sequence are these scenes shot?  the morning of Mikey's birthday party he has halfway grown in permanent teeth in front.  driving to the party, he still has his babyteeth in front.  really distracting.

• Love 1

This is cringeworthy, just like 90 Day Fiancee.  I watch through my fingers.

Where to start?  The kiss in the closet- my God that was awful. 

Mike is good looking, but not particularly intelligent.  Gee, what could Sarah and Valene talk about?  Um, Mikey maybe? 

Come to think of it, none of these people, guys and women, seem particularly intelligent. 

Mormon Guy- zero chemistry with Ami.  She's desperate.  Actually they're all desperate.

"Holy banana balls" ????? The hell? 

what is wrong with these people?

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Lesia said:

This is cringeworthy, just like 90 Day Fiancee.  I watch through my fingers.

Where to start?  The kiss in the closet- my God that was awful. 

Mike is good looking, but not particularly intelligent.  Gee, what could Sarah and Valene talk about?  Um, Mikey maybe? 

Come to think of it, none of these people, guys and women, seem particularly intelligent. 

Mormon Guy- zero chemistry with Ami.  She's desperate.  Actually they're all desperate.

"Holy banana balls" ????? The hell? 

what is wrong with these people?

Thank you. 

• Love 1

Ugh this show. Mike and Valene continue to annoy the living shit out of me. The birthday party was doomed from the start. First, Valene needs to put on some damn appropriate clothing. Have we seen her wear a single top that actually covered her body (not a crop top or those side cut out things that she thinks make her look adorable. Her presence at the party was going to cause drama period. That was unavoidable in this situation, but she was the out of place one - not Mikey's mother. Maybe the talking behind her back while Valene was standing right there was childish but I can promise you I would have done a lot more than that. And Mike saying that mom didn't need to speak to Valene. Are you insane!! If my ex husband moved a stranger into the house with my small child, I would break out the bright lights and interrogate her like I was conducting a murder investigation and nothing would stop me. 

• Love 6

I agree, this is a total cringe-watch! I came in late (last week) and don't feel particularly motivated to catch up with back episodes, so I'm just gonna jump in with my half-formed opinions. ;)

Valene sucks. Mike is very sweet with her but she obviously knows (or cares) nothing about children or raising them, and I don't think he really sees much beyond the physical attraction he seems to have for her. She's incredibly immature, insecure and demanding, but then given what we've seen of Mikey's mom, maybe Mike has a "type" that way. On the other hand, I'm sure the ex is goofed out by the whole contrived situation; on the OTHER other hand, she must have consented in some manner to it. Nothing good can come of this, especially for Mikey.

Sarah seemed kinda cool; meeting tweens whose approval you seek can be the scariest thing in the world. I thought there was chemistry between her and the dad, but she made way too big a deal of her bisexuality and way too little a deal of his admitted addiction issues. Still, they might work something out, since they seem superficially at least to have some stuff in common and her expectations about his kids seem realistic for now. 

Jake and Ami: well, she obviously looks a good deal older and SEEMS a good deal older than he. Plus there is the gay vibe. Which I'm not saying he *is* but he wouldn't be the first young Mormon man to be in the closet. Awkward. Seeing them make out in the preview was uncomfortable, and I would not have gotten beyond him not coming home for a night without texting in the first place. Dealbreaker.

John and Denise both seem to have very good intentions, but I think his expectations of her as far as clicking with his kid are way too high. It's not going to happen in a day, no matter how well things might go at first. I assume her "holy banana balls" exclamations had to do with her trying to clean up her language before she met Elijah, but maybe she really is just that corny?

Paul and Kallie: Hopeless. Four kids? He needs to meet someone more organically who might become a part of the family with lots of time and exposure. No new mate should be expected to fit in with that many personalities or take on the work of a family that size in an "arranged" kind of situation. And despite what both of them said, i felt no chemistry between them at all. Maybe just some horniness on Paul's part.

The ethics of staging (I assume) these meetings, complete with strangers moving in with children who may or may not get along with them, be serious about forming a relationship with them, or continue to be around in their lives beyond the filming of this? I can't even begin to get into that, and I realize I'm complicit in it by watching. That said, I may or may not stick around. I did, shamefully, watch all of 90-Day Fiancee--although the kids on that show were all grown, at least!

• Love 2

Holy banana balls, that Mormon guy is giving off such a gay vibe. He's obviously not attracted to Ami but I don't think he's attracted to any women. Granted, he managed to impregnate his wife a few times but I'm guessing his heart wasn't in it...

• Love 4

OMG, Ami's eyebrows drive me insane. Her and Jake are the most chem-free couple on this show. I don't care if Jake is straight, homosexual, or bi. Point is whatever his orientation, he is not in the least bit attracted to Ami which makes this couple the most painful to watch. It is like one big long cringe sitting through their segments. 

John? No one has a right to look that good on a computer camera while face-timing. Just no. Denise seems very nice but that Elijah could wind up being a handful. 

4 kids? No ma'am. Paul should really think about doing his video chatting in another room. That wall paneling in his bedroom is the pits and I expected the whole house to be like that but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't. He seems like a nice enough guy but yeah, he looks like he needs a maid/nanny. 

Valene doesn't show the least bit of real interest in Mike's son. Her whole demeanor is basically this would be a great situation if it wasn't for that pesky kid. Like she doesn't know the title of the show she is on is "Single dad seeking.." She is a beautiful girl but she is always picking at her clothes, adjusting her hair. Ugh. So self involved and always seems to be preening and primping. She seems about as deep as a puddle and Mike is no Mensa member. I really want to know what a conversation sounds like between them. That was too much PDA for a kid's party.

I've been watching real housewives for too long so it was nice to see a normal backyard kid's party. 

I do like Sarah and Denise. 

I did, shamefully, watch all of 90-Day Fiancee--although the kids on that show were all grown, at least!

LOL! Ain't no shame to my game. Watched every messy season so far and will watch the upcoming ones too. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Cabarb said:

And Mike saying that mom didn't need to speak to Valene. Are you insane!! If my ex husband moved a stranger into the house with my small child, I would break out the bright lights and interrogate her like I was conducting a murder investigation and nothing would stop me. 

I agree with you. A Mom should know who her kid is with. Absolutely. BUT in this case, where the Mom is basically out of the picture and sees her son 5% of the time... Mike probably means "you have no right to pretend you care" type thing. 

• Love 6

I havent watched this, but the one chick on the commercials this week looks EXACTLY like Jeanie Francis aka Luke and Laura: General Hospital...straight down to the double chin thing....its uncanny!

How long did any of these people "know" each other online before moving in?  None of them seem to have a real connection, or attraction, or chemistry, or anything.  Mike and Valene jumped right into bed, but don't really like each other--he's horny, but let's Mikey block him at every pass, and she wants to be on TV, but can't stand the kid.  Genie Francis girl, wants to be wanted by the dad, he just wants a mama for the FOUR kids.  Middle aged lady is wasting her time on Radar Tripper.  Kangaroo onesie can't get the dad to talk about anything but Damian.  Tattoo Dad is letting his odd daughters put restrictions on his budding "relationship." 

Another show watchable only for the anticipated snark.

• Love 5

I think the closed captioning people are either trying to have fun with Denise or they just gave up on her. When she was doing her "cutesy" exasperated sigh and saying "Boyjah", the captioning actually read "speaking native language". Ha!

• Love 1