Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E20: It's Sure Gonna Hurt

(edited)

As a supporter, you might consider changing that reference. The phrase "the gay agenda" is typically used by people very much against the rights of homosexuals.

Edited by clanstarling
Cranberry beat me to it.
(edited)

I only use it when referring to people supporting the rights of homosexuals in the most boneheaded of ways. However, in retrospect I guess even that is a mistake.

Edited by Telepath
Reconsidering
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Cranberry said:

I know from your previous posts that you're not anti-gay! You might want to choose a different term, though, as that one's mostly used in a disparaging way by people who do not in any way support gay rights (and in fact sometimes say that the gay agenda involves trying to recruit heterosexuals into the "gay lifestyle").

Haha. ;-) Trust me, recruiting doesn't work. I'm a heterosexual man who've tried to have sex with men to find out if there was anything to it. Unfortunately, that attempt failed. ;-D

By the way I've always been confused by what the "gay lifestyle" is. If I party, do drugs and go to clubs where there are homosexuals, am I gay? I've heard a majority of top-level male figure skaters are homosexual. If I enjoy ice dancing, am I gay? ;D

And again I thought the board would merge my two posts but it didn't...

Edited by Telepath
Random musing

People just use the term "gay lifestyle" to insinuate that it's a choice... that people can choose to be gay the same way they'd choose to be vegan or whatever. As far as how to know if you're gay... this may be overly simplified, but I'd say that if you're romantically and sexually attracted to members of your same sex, that would be a better indication than whether or not you enjoy ice dancing. ;)

• Love 1