Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Best Laid Schemes...

Athena
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Cdh20 said:

Claire’s capes alone are worth a French rewatch!

Ok, the clothes are fab, but I expect no less from the French.

16 minutes ago, gingerella said:

But it couldn't be Murtagh because by this time wasn't he off to Portugal to sell Madeira back to the mother land?!?

Ah! Right you are! Further proof that Jamie went back to the house to get it, I suppose.  

• Love 1
On 4/8/2021 at 1:28 PM, SassAndSnacks said:

Trying to make a good person out of BJR will get you nowhere!  Just ask Claire - it got her punched in the guts!  

I loved the pie-in-the-sky scenario that @gingerella proposed but... ^^THIS!^^

On 4/8/2021 at 7:34 AM, SassAndSnacks said:

I believe, either Suzette or Magnus tells Claire that Jamie has gone to the Bois de Boulogne, after explaining what happened when Jamie went to ME to clear up BPC's debts.  There's a lot of confusing dialogue in this scene, and I watch while running which isn't the most reliable way to go about these things.  

<snip>

Speaking from personal experience, you know it is a bad sign and yet you don't want to or can't allow yourself to believe it.  

In my head, the timeline is - 

1. Message from ME to go pay BPC's debt.  

2. Jamie leaves with Fergus.

3. Apparent confrontation with fuckface Randall.

4. Jamie returns home, gets sword, takes off brace, writes note.

5. Jamie goes to the duel.  

6. Claire comes home, finds note, leaves the house.  

I went back to the scene when Claire arrives home—because it was hard to follow during first viewing—and switched on the closed captioning for assistance. SassAndSnacks time line appears to be accurate. There was a snippet from Suzette that adds to it so I transcribed it. The note, of course, doesn't appear in the closed captioning. 

Claire: My husband's brace is there. He's obviously back from Le Havre. Where is he?

Suzette: Milord has gone to the Bois de Boulogne.

Claire: Now why would he go to the woods?

Suzette: Milord was called to Maison Elise. Prince Charles needed his help. Soon after he arrived, Milord got into a fight with an English officer.

Claire: What English officer? What was his name? Suzette?

Suzette: I wasn't there, Milady. Marie told me at the market earlier. She overheard this master telling his wife everything...

Claire: Just, Goddamnit, tell me what happened.

Suzette: The English soldier came hurtling out of a doorway, smashing into the walls. Then Milord appeared looking like the vengeance of God. It is just as Marie conveyed it.

I didn't catch that bolded bit first go round, but it was clear to me even so that Jamie's promise was broken because of BJR abusing Fergus. I just hope the boy had cried out and Jamie ran to find him quickly. I love that the person who recounted the event at Maison Elise to his wife SAW BJR hurtling out of a doorway and smashing into walls and THEN—Jamie emerges looking like the vengeance of God. Too bad it was a throw away line in the show. 

Now I want to know—who tipped off the Gendarmes?

And—WHY does Claire never trust Jamie? She assumed he broke his promise on some whim?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Anothermi said:

I went back to the scene when Claire arrives home—because it was hard to follow during first viewing—and switched on the closed captioning for assistance. SassAndSnacks time line appears to be accurate. There was a snippet from Suzette that adds to it so I transcribed it. The note, of course, doesn't appear in the closed captioning. 

Claire: My husband's brace is there. He's obviously back from Le Havre. Where is he?

Suzette: Milord has gone to the Bois de Boulogne.

Claire: Now why would he go to the woods?

Suzette: Milord was called to Maison Elise. Prince Charles needed his help. Soon after he arrived, Milord got into a fight with an English officer.

Claire: What English officer? What was his name? Suzette?

Suzette: I wasn't there, Milady. Marie told me at the market earlier. She overheard this master telling his wife everything...

Claire: Just, Goddamnit, tell me what happened.

Suzette: The English soldier came hurtling out of a doorway, smashing into the walls. Then Milord appeared looking like the vengeance of God. It is just as Marie conveyed it.

I didn't catch that bolded bit first go round, but it was clear to me even so that Jamie's promise was broken because of BJR abusing Fergus. I just hope the boy had cried out and Jamie ran to find him quickly. I love that the person who recounted the event at Maison Elise to his wife SAW BJR hurtling out of a doorway and smashing into walls and THEN—Jamie emerges looking like the vengeance of God. Too bad it was a throw away line in the show. 

Now I want to know—who tipped off the Gendarmes?

And—WHY does Claire never trust Jamie? She assumed he broke his promise on some whim?

Ah dear @Anothermi, you made me wait, but the wait was so worth it! Thank you a million times for going back and transcribing that scene for us, and now we know what happened and in what order. I cannot hear some of the dialogue at times and whilst I do turn it UP, I often STILL cannot hear them that well. So I think you are correct, Fergus must have yelled loud enough that Jamie heard him and went to his rescue. Oy.

I wonder if St. G tipped off the gendarmes, that smells like something shady that he would do, doesn't it?

Yeah, you're right, why DOES Claire always assume the worst with Jamie? I mean, she's made enough bad decisions, like running off to the Stones and getting arrested by BJRs men, which was the entire reason to marry Jamie in the first place, so she never had to see BJR again, GAH! But you're so right, she always assumes the worst of him. This guy, who will do anything for her, despite her doing really stupid things that get him into more trouble and at times into life threatening torture..That Claire must have a magical vajayjay or something to be let off the hook over and over, yet get away with blaming Jamie all the time. Dayum woman, if you're man looks and acts like Jamie, put a fucking pin in it and STFU already about what ever he's done now! Just enjoy him for the beautiful Scottish kilt-clad god that he is FFS!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

These Paris episodes are just not enjoyable at all.   We already know that Frank is born because we already saw Claire be with him in 1948, while she was pregnant with her second child  and much closer to Culloden   and 1746.   Therefore whatever Jamie and Claire do prior to the date she walked through the stones back to Frank don’t affect Frank - as far as we can tell so far.

in fact, i am beginning to think this instance of time travel is a closed loop.  Claire was supposed to be in 1743-1746 as a time traveler  therefore she was.   She was  supposed to be in the early 20th century, therefore she  was.  The universe would have got her back and forth some other way if she hadn’t gone to the stones for the plant. 

I hope this season gets better 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

These Paris episodes are just not enjoyable at all.   We already know that Frank is born because we already saw Claire be with him in 1948, while she was pregnant with her second child  and much closer to Culloden   and 1746.   Therefore whatever Jamie and Claire do prior to the date she walked through the stones back to Frank don’t affect Frank - as far as we can tell so far.

But these episodes are a flashback, leading up to the moment we got in the season premiere, that shows Claire returned in 1948. Just like any other show or movie that opens with, say "present day" but the lead up to it is all in a flashback. And this is also done to show the viewers how Frank was still born, if you will. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 1