Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E09: Week 9

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Mreid said:

How can I say this? Ginger is a good boring dancer. Like she can dance but she's boring like her dances just arent memorable to me. If that makes any sense...

Makes PERFECT sense.  She's so syrupy sweet and innocent.  It's hard to accept her in some of the more tough, independent women roles, or sensual personae routines.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Did anyone get the sense it could be Ginger as one of the eliminations tonight? Some of the comments - especially Tom's - seemed like he was saying good-bye.

I hope so id much rather Paige be in the finale than Ginger

Spectacular Spectacular!!!! And might I repeat this is NOT a family show lololol OMG I want Paige in the finals soooo bad can Ginger go home tonight? Pleeeease

• Love 2

I haven't watched this season, but I just saw Paige's Argentine tango. That was the best (perhaps not technically, but just in terms of clever, interesting, and effective choreography) dance I've seen on this show in years.

• Love 5

Imma going to say technically as well. There was so much content in that dance, the timing was incredible. Imagine if one of those pieces of clothing made her slip, like it did Wayne last week.  

3 minutes ago, Superpole2000 said:

I haven't watched this season, but I just saw Paige's Argentine tango. That was the best (perhaps not technically, but just in terms of clever, interesting, and effective choreography) dance I've seen on this show in years.

Yeah, I loved it.  The table, with the nod to some SYTYCD movement, it was really really successful. 

• Love 2

I want to re-watch both of Paige's dances. They were so so good. 

Contemporary by numbers. Antonio was okay, but if he gets 10' for that I'll be scratching my head. 

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, RedFiat said:

Yeah one lift does not make a dance. 

It's called contemporary and Derek has done it and won with it on DWTS over and over again! 

Edited by Hiacios
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Hiacios said:

It's called contemporary and Derek has done it and won with it on DWTS over and over again! 

That was contemporary by numbers. He doesn't have the technique of contemporary dancers so it was pretty boring except for the fact that he is a good fork lift. 

• Love 1

I have to give it to Nyle: Maks was like "Dude, this is not going to work."  And Nyle is all "But then again, it CAN work" with a shrug.  

Meanwhile, stop talking Tyra.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Hiacios said:

No one can top what Nyle just did, damn!.

Truth!  I. Just. Love. Nyle.  

I hope he takes it all the way.  

• Love 4

Funny for the whole talk upthread about gimmick this and gimmick that, Nyle and Peta used far less props in their dance than Paige and Mark.

The whole blindfold thing was a bit over sold since they barely used it, but it was an amazing dance. 

• Love 2

Oh brother, the profoundly deaf have better eyesight than I do.  the technique on that dance wasn't good, so yeah, get that gimmick to take away from how lousy it was and the jive even worse.

• Love 1

The thing I love about the Semi-Finals is that the quality of the dancing makes it feel more like an old school variety show than a reality dance competition.  I have my favorite but honestly wouldn't be disappointed with any of these as a winner.  

Mark's AT choreo was off the hook -- so interesting and sexy.  Antonio always surprises me.  He's really kind of quiet, when I expect him to be all loud.  And those lifts, it looked like Sharna was a twig.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

A Leona Lewis sighting.

Someone to watch out for in the Fall's cast?

I hope she sings "Bleeding Love."

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, RedFiat said:

the technique on that dance wasn't good, so yeah, get that gimmick to take away from how lousy it was and the jive even worse.

The blindfold was barely in the dance. The blindfold was simply a prop like Mark and Paige's dance of a thousand shirts. That was just pure dancing. Barely any props and just the two of them.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Funny for the whole talk upthread about gimmick this and gimmick that, Nyle and Peta used far less props in their dance than Paige and Mark.

The whole blindfold thing was a bit over sold since they barely used it, but it was an amazing dance. 

The difference of course was the props were used to highlight how great their timing was while dancing excellent technique.  If Nyle would have shown that he actually learns and retains technique I'd be a lot more excited about him. But he hasn't grown since week 4. 

• Love 5