Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E09: Week 9

• Start Topic

While I was disappointed that Wanya was voted off, I'm not surprised. I think it was because of the Jive from the previous episode. Nyle's Trio Jive in this episode wasn't his best, but he had two partners to worry about; Wanya, otoh, only had one. That said, Wanya's Trio Paso Doble with Witney & Lindsay was on point. If he had had that dance the week before, he might have made the finals.  Antonio's elimination didn't bother me because IMO he should have been eliminated well before Jodie.

Re Paige & Mark, their trio Samba with Alan was good, but Erin's incessant prying about the nature of Paige & Alan's offstage relationship (if any) was so annoying I cringed. As happy as I was for Erin when she won her "peeping Tom" case, that's how annoyed I was by her hounding Paige & Alan & I'm not even a big Paige fan. While Paige is technically a great dancer, her performances leave me cold. Case in point: the Argentine Tango. Like almost all of Paige & Mark's other dances,it was just too "perfect" for me-which, frankly, bores me. I don't mind when ringers like Paige compete, but their dances have to make me feel something other than boredom & hers don't.

Re Ginger & Val, the best thing about their Paso Doble Trio was Artem, who upstaged them, but his tight pants and sleeveless shirt might have had something to do with it. The Quickstep was cute, but blah, like most of their dances.

Re Nyle, like I said, while his trio Jive wasn't the best, IMO it wasn't the worst Jive ever and I found more good than bad in it. Loved the Argentine Tango. It's not the first time a blindfolded dance has been done on the show, but at least it moved me.  His posture looked fine to me. As for Nyle's ass, like I said in last week's episode thread, he's got a bubble butt. They stick out; that's what they're supposed to do. As far as I'm concerned, any Judge who thinks that bubble butts can be tucked under without the person looking constipated obviously doesn't have one.