Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

The Grand Tour

One of the best episodes of either Top Gear and TGT.

Really impressed with this season. 

• Like 4

I feel like they really hit their stride this season.  No more gimmicks, no more trying to find a way to recreate, but not exactly, old Top Gear formulas.   Conversation street has been really entertaining and funny each week.  Hammond's horse rant should go down in history it was so funny the way he went on and on and on.   IMO the Mongolia episode was the cherry on a very very good season sundae. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Steff said:

IMO the Mongolia episode was the cherry on a very very good season sundae. 

And there is still one more episode next week!

• Like 4

I'm amazed John didn't break down once considering they built it from scratch in a field and the Mongolian terrain. That was an amazing episode. I do worry about the guys in these types of episodes, though. These are extreme conditions and they aren't getting any younger or in better shape.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, emma675 said:

I'm amazed John didn't break down once considering they built it from scratch in a field and the Mongolian terrain. That was an amazing episode. I do worry about the guys in these types of episodes, though. These are extreme conditions and they aren't getting any younger or in better shape.

Same! I mean usually on these trips when it's "normal" cars they bought they break down multiple times but John didn't break down once!! Truly amazing.

• Like 3

Funeral For A Ford

This was a bittersweet episode. I was surprised that Jeremy was the one to break down. I'm glad they are getting rid of the tent and track. I have always preferred their trip and adventure segments best.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Funeral For A Ford

This was a bittersweet episode. I was surprised that Jeremy was the one to break down. I'm glad they are getting rid of the tent and track. I have always preferred their trip and adventure segments best.

Jeremy almost made me cry! I really do love watching these 3 guys. I am so glad the adventures will continue.  I won't miss the tent either. But I would be sad if it were all over. So glad it isn't!!

• Like 4

I loved the tent this season because it was only used for chatting and conversation street. I'll miss that the most next season. The track times for new cars will also be missed.

Excellent season and I do enjoy the road trip adventures the best so season 4 should be epic. 

• Like 3

Jeremy breaking down so hard surprised me. If I hadn't known they were continuing on with road trip specials and were beginning filming this summer, I'd have been really worried.

I think he adores the interaction with the live audience and that ending after 17 years is difficult for him. I feel like James and Richard enjoy it, but don't live for it like Jeremy.

I loved the shots of ordinary people with their old cars and old photos. That was really cool.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, emma675 said:

Jeremy breaking down so hard surprised me. If I hadn't known they were continuing on with road trip specials and were beginning filming this summer, I'd have been really worried.

I think he adores the interaction with the live audience and that ending after 17 years is difficult for him. I feel like James and Richard enjoy it, but don't live for it like Jeremy.

I loved the shots of ordinary people with their old cars and old photos. That was really cool.

I read an interview with him, I think on their Drive Tribe site, where he said it hit him harder than he thought in the moment & he felt like it was a lot of leftover emotion from Top Gear.  He never got to really reflect on it, say goodbye to it & get closure. 

• Like 3

Jeremy made me SOB! I was not expecting that at all. Then this week I randomly started crying again because I realized there was no new episode and it made me think of Jeremy crying and I started crying again lol! (Full disclosure I have the flu and a 101 degree temperature so that may have had something to do with the second round of crying...)

• Like 4

On 4/18/2019 at 1:15 PM, emma675 said:

I found the article I read.  

https://www.grandtournation.com/thegrandtour/clarkson-reveals-why-he-teared-up-at-end-of-the-grand-tour-season-3/?fbclid=IwAR08VDr69VNCnRAjXH4YGw64jLwCqwgsXeyWyDZnVqds2lqVL56repto0Hc

‘In 2002 I came up with the Stig, then an audience with a track and all that stuff. So, you know, you do something for 17 years and then it goes,’ he told the website.

He added: ‘The truth of it is, I think, I never got the chance to say goodbye to Top Gear. One minute I was there and one minute I wasn’t. It was like, did the show and then never did another one.

‘Never said goodbye. Never got a gold watch. Never got a retirement speech. Nothing. So this was almost as though we were saying goodbye to Top Gear as well. That’s why it was so emotional for me.’

He wasn’t the only one who felt the feels as they said farewell, though, with ‘man of wood’ co-host James also letting his emotions out, as Jeremy said: ‘…behind the scenes were quite a few quivery lips. People who I’ve worked with for 20 years or so.’

• Like 6