Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1-3 Discussion

• Start Topic

As of now, I know Stephen as the "one that was in the Usual Suspects" and "the one that got a Miley Cyrus tattoo."  I actually forgot about his Bible thumping until it was mentioned here.  So the question itself is pretty vague unless you were really familiar with his antics and his actual work.  And even with that, you weren't going to get an answer that really fit.  Even some of the panel were not sure how to answer this one. 

• Love 3
  • Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ana seems like the smart girl who is trying to dumb down to be popular.

A few years ago Norm McDonald appeared at a Comedy Central roast and proceeded to fill his time by telling clean, even corny, jokes. He killed, because it was such a contrast to the filthy stuff that everyone else was doing. Almost subversive.

I think that's what Ana is doing. She goes out of her way to pick a "clean" answer that it stands out compare to the mostly dirty stuff everyone else is saying (which usually is the "easy" answer.) I agree that she's a smart lady and I think this is her way to be sly, and I find it pretty funny, especially when she reacts to the audience's disappointment.

It didn't change every week.

Other than the regular three (Brett, Charles, Richard) the other three panelists would rotate weekly. But among those panelists they had go-tos. The sixth "witty lady" seat had a quasi-rotation of Patti Deutsch, Marcia Wallace, Betty White, Fanny Flagg.

• Love 2

I want to go fire all the people who are casting for contestants on this show and writing the questions and replace them with some of us. A few of the  people on the celeb panel have annoyed me but most of these contestants are annoying me even more. J.B. Smoove, Adam Goldberg, Leslie Jones and I'm sad to say Leah Remini (she might not have annoyed me as much if Leslie hadn't been there) are rating up there with me on the annoyance level with the contestants. BBQ guy was the most tolerable contestant for me tonight and so far this season. Glad he won since what he said he was going to do with the money if he won melted my cold heart a little.

I didn't appreciate the joke about the shag carpeting leading up to the crack about Cheryl about her carpet/drapes. At least the Dumb Dora question was about a fictional person.

I can say one thing that surprised me in a good way was seeing Josh Charles as a panelist. I missed what his answer was to the last panel question about the waxing though.

• Love 1

Oh, man. I just want to laugh and have a good time. Leslie had me in stitches over here. That's all i ask for.

3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I want to go fire all the people who are casting for contestants on this show and writing the questions and replace them with some of us. A few of the  people on the celeb panel have annoyed me but most of these contestants are annoying me even more. J.B. Smoove, Adam Goldberg, Leslie Jones and I'm sad to say Leah Remini (she might not have annoyed me as much if Leslie hadn't been there) are rating up there with me on the annoyance level with the contestants. BBQ guy was the most tolerable contestant for me tonight and so far this season. Glad he won since what he said he was going to do with the money if he won melted my cold heart a little.

I didn't appreciate the joke about the shag carpeting leading up to the crack about Cheryl about her carpet/drapes. At least the Dumb Dora question was about a fictional person.

I can say one thing that surprised me in a good way was seeing Josh Charles as a panelist. I missed what his answer was to the last panel question about the waxing though.

Josh said legs.

• Love 8

I missed what his answer was to the last panel question about the waxing though.

He said, because he thought she was a nice Irish girl, legs. Although, after Leslie roared out what she was writing, he had to know the girl would match that.

Leslie Jones completely cracked me up. Her joy at playing, and concern about doing well, were endearing as well. For much of the show it seemed on the verge of out of control, but they all fed on Leslie's energy. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Oh, man. I just want to laugh and have a good time. Leslie had me in stitches over here. That's all i ask for.

Josh said legs.

2 minutes ago, raidergirl3 said:

He said, because he thought she was a nice Irish girl, legs. 

Leslie Jones completely cracked me up. Her joy at playing, and concern about doing well, were endearing as well. For much of the show it seemed on the verge of out of control, but they all fed on Leslie's energy. 

Thanks to both of you for answering my question about what his last answer was. Leslie was funny tonight and had me laughing for a good bit of the show. It's just that I wish she'd realize she doesn't have to be so loud all the time to be funny. I kept feeling like she was trying to outdo the others in terms of outlandishness at times. If that makes any sense at all. It was nice to see someone who wanted to try and match the contestants answers more then some of the other celebs they've had on so far. In that respect she kind of reminded me of Rosie.

• Love 3

I enjoyed the first two episodes of the the show but this one makes me want to stop watching.  Leslie Jones' schtick was tiresome, and the bottom row of contestants constantly standing up to see what the top row was writing was borderline cheating.  What ever happened to thinking up your own answer?

• Love 9
(edited)

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought Leslie Jones was hilarious. She was the only reason to watch tonight's episode, imo, since I don't really like Leah Remini and don't know most of the others that well. She did kind of take over the show, but maybe she'd calm down in her next episode.

And I liked that she shamed the others for screwing over the contestants. After that, they started to give better answers.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 4

I know Leslie can annoy some people but I absolutely love her. I love her on SNL and I loved her 1000% enthusiasm here.  At least you can't say she didn't care.

the bottom row of contestants constantly standing up to see what the top row was writing was borderline cheating.  What ever happened to thinking up your own answer?

I think they did.  I think sometimes the answer was in and sometimes it wasn't when they went back to look.  And considering how they didn't always match...

But to me, this is kind of like a "game show" in the vein @midnight is a "game" show.  Like there's a system and rules for points but...eh.  I just want to laugh.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I know Leslie can annoy some people but I absolutely love her. I love her on SNL and I loved her 1000% enthusiasm here.  At least you can't say she didn't care.

I think they did.  I think sometimes the answer was in and sometimes it wasn't when they went back to look.  And considering how they didn't always match...

But to me, this is kind of like a "game show" in the vein @midnight is a "game" show.  Like there's a system and rules for points but...eh.  I just want to laugh.

Yes, I don't think they were blatantly cheating at least during the phase I part of the show when there were two contestants. It seemed that the bottom row especially Leslie just wanted to see what the others wrote, but either their answers were different or they had already submitted their answers. 

In the phase II part though, there was active discussion or cheating going on at least for the first contestant, but it didn't matter anyway because he answered security breach instead of what the group went with which was guard. With the second contestant, there wasn't really a need to because I think everyone thought of control right away, so they didn't have a discussion on what was the best answer to go with. It didn't really bother me that much since I think they were trying to help the contestant win more money, and in the end it didn't matter since the contestant didn't go with the answer that they came up with. 

1 hour ago, dirtydi said:

This was my favorite panel!  I was rolling.  Josh Charles surprised me with how game he was.  I thought he would be too self important, like Adam Goldberg.

I agree! I could see how Leslie Jones could annoy people, but it was like the panel was feeding off her energy, and it made everyone really lively and get into it. Plus, I think the answers were a lot better this time, or maybe it was the questions being better even the really weird questions like the one about the army didn't require too much overthinking this time, imo. 

• Love 3

Leslie Jones, for those who don't know, is also in the cast of the current film reboot of Ghostbusters where the genders of at least the Ghostbusters (she's 1 of them) & their secretary have been swapped from the original films.

Have Leslie Jones on every panel.  She's everything.  She was old school in more ways than one.  She's the one who could have hanged with Brett and Charles.

That said, get her to bring Colin Jost with her next time too.   Love Josh Charles, but Colin  is an expert at playing off her.

• Love 3

I thoroughly enjoyed Leslie and Josh together. Her over the top antics and his sheer joy in them were everything.  I was disappointed in how dull the top row was.  I thought Ike would be funnier and that Jack and Alex would at least pretend to have worked together for years.  I didn't actively dislike any contestant except the one who dressed like Miami Vice. Didn't care for him.  Loved Mr. Everything out of a Pig.

If you didn't laugh when Leslie said, "I'm old fashioned too. I said p&^^%." and then watch Josh Charles lose his shit, this might not be the show for you....

• Love 5

I love Leslie Jones and have never understood the hatred for her. Yes, she's loud. So are a lot of male comedians. She's funny as hell, and they can have her on every week, as far as I'm concerned.

I'mlooking forward to Ghostbusters. I haven't had time to see it yet, but I hope to this week.

• Love 11

I love Leslie Jones and have never understood the hatred for her. Yes, she's loud. So are a lot of male comedians. She's funny as hell, and they can have her on every week, as far as I'm concerned.

Ditto, LJ and Josh Charles are my new favorite unlikely couple.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, teebax said:

I'mlooking forward to Ghostbusters. I haven't had time to see it yet, but I hope to this week.

I don't have much of a problem with Leslie (she can go a little a too hard at times) but I don't think so are a lot of other male comedians is really a defense for Leslie. It's not about gender. Some people don't like loud or over the top comedians (see people who can't stand JB and Anthony Anderson in these same situations). There are also people that will just see her as a sometimes offensive stereotype which will never change. So, it is what it is. I get the hate. I don't share it.

I thought Leslie Jones was going to annoy me but actually I thought she brought the energy of the shows up several notches. Everyone on the panel seemed to be having a blast and they really put on a good show. I love the way both Alec and the panel keep ribbing the contestants when they don't give a good answer. It's funny but it's not mean-spirited. 

I haven't watched SNL in years so this was my first exposure to Leslie. Maybe I'd get sick of her eventually? But she did make both of these shows fun.

• Love 5

I sometimes find Leslie tiresome on SNL, but she was on fire tonight. That one question obviously won't dissuade anyone who thinks this version is too dirty, but when she revealed her answer I honestly was rolling in my seat. I'm still not crazy about them checking each other's answers, but in this case it bothered me less than usual.

It was odd when that guy chose Cheryl for the final round after making such a big deal about Leah, but the answer was such a slam dunk she luckily didn't blow it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I love the way both Alec and the panel keep ribbing the contestants when they don't give a good answer. It's funny but it's not mean-spirited. 

I agree. The buzzer going off on Leah Remini repeatedly the round after she complained about it was probably the funniest part of the whole show.

• Love 6

I haven't watched SNL in years so this was my first exposure to Leslie. Maybe I'd get sick of her eventually?

In the midst of "SNL doesn't have a black female on the show, WTF?!" a few years ago, she had tried out and ended up as a writer.  Then she did a bit on Weekend Update where I was on the floor from laughing so hard.  Then she got to appear in sketches. She CAN grate and sometimes she's just the token "loud black person."  But I do think she has improved greatly since she started her run there, ever since filmed Ghostbusters. 

Also, she's 48. She definitely passes for younger!

• Love 3

So it looks like I'm in the minority.  I didn't appreciate Leah or Leslie as I felt like they were trying to get all of the attention.  I prefer it when all of the celebs are able to interact with each other; not when one or two seem to try to take all of the attention for themselves.  I also wanted to  tell them to just sit down and come up with their own answers.  Oh well...I should probably see if there are any kids outside that I can tell to get off of my lawn...

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

So it looks like I'm in the minority.  I didn't appreciate Leah or Leslie as I felt like they were trying to get all of the attention.  I prefer it when all of the celebs are able to interact with each other; not when one or two seem to try to take all of the attention for themselves.  I also wanted to  tell them to just sit down and come up with their own answers.  Oh well...I should probably see if there are any kids outside that I can tell to get off of my lawn...

The last part of your post made me laugh. I made some of the same comments last night that you did today .Don't feel bad about having a different opinion from the majority here. It would probably be pretty boring if we all agreed.

• Love 4

I thoroughly enjoyed Leslie and Josh together. Her over the top antics and his sheer joy in them were everything.  I was disappointed in how dull the top row was.  I thought Ike would be funnier and that Jack and Alex would at least pretend to have worked together for years.  I didn't actively dislike any contestant except the one who dressed like Miami Vice. Didn't care for him.  Loved Mr. Everything out of a Pig.

If you didn't laugh when Leslie said, "I'm old fashioned too. I said p&^^%." and then watch Josh Charles lose his shit, this might not be the show for you....

This! I absolutely loved those two together. I've read some of Josh's Twitter account and comments, so I know he has a good sense of humor but I was still surprised to see him on the panel and wasn't sure what to expect from him. Immediately his comrade with Leslie was great! One of my favorite moments from the episode was, I think it was the second question, Josh wrote something down and Leslie looked over at it and gave him grief over it and he just burst out with 'Why are you picking on me for?' or something like that and they started laughing. It was such a genuine, cute, and fun moment.

Honestly, there were a few times Leslie's antics got on my nerves a little, but for the most part, she had me laughing the whole time, especially when she fell over when that guy answered "breach" and her answer to the waxing question. I probably laughed harder watching this episode than I have watching any comedy shows in ages.

I love a lot of game shows, but for some reason, I have never watched any version of "Match Game" before. I think it's because I was never sure it would appeal to me and it was before my time. It's why I avoided watching this version for a while, but since I'm watching "Celebrity Family Feud" and "The 100,000 Pyramid" I decided to give it a shot and I'm glad I did. The whole series so far has been fun and a really good time. 

The dirty questions - and answers - don't bother me because it's not every question. Plus, it's on at 10 PM so it's not surprising. The celebrities colluding on answers also hasn't been too bad to me, except I did think they were doing it a little too much this last episode. But I don't know if it can be called cheating. I don't know what the official rules are, but unless it's explicitly stated that the celebs can't collaborate on an answer, then it isn't cheating.

I wasn't sure how the panel would work this week without Titus and Rosie, but I thought they were all good in their own way.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree. The buzzer going off on Leah Remini repeatedly the round after she complained about it was probably the funniest part of the whole show.

That's the sort of thing they'd do on the classic show.  Particularly with Brett.

I can't even pretend.  I thought the panel was great.  I love Leslie on SNL, I loved her in Ghostbusters, I loved her here.  I think the difference from JB Smoove is that Leslie was just excited to be there.  I had to watch the episode on Hulu at Starbucks (don't ask), and her answer to the Dumb Dora question had people concerned about me.

I've gained a lot of respect for Leah Remini since she recovered from Scientology, so I can't hate on her either.

Also, Ike Barinholtz is a fantasy boyfriend.

• Love 6

I loved that Leslie reminded the panel that these are real contestants playing for money. She may have telegraphed too many answers, but I appreciated seeing a panelist who genuinely wanted the contestants to win.

• Love 5

Also, one of my favorite moments - another Leslie one - was when she hooted and hollered as soon as the contestant answered "control" for the clue "remote blank." It was just like the week before with Pete Wentz. Like with Pete, Alec had the perfect joke for that moment when he said that if Leslie was on a jury as soon as she walked into the courtroom she'd tell the person they were not guilty. I loved Josh rubbing her back and "consoling" her.

• Love 11

So it looks like I'm in the minority.  I didn't appreciate Leah or Leslie as I felt like they were trying to get all of the attention.

Well, I'm with you.  I really like Leslie on SNL, but here, with Leah, she gave me a headache with their screaming. I do appreciate that she was having fun.  It looked like Jack McBeyer was getting a little tired of it too.

I wonder when and under what conditions they taped this episode. The contestants were loopy too and the audience was even more, er, animated than usual.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, starri said:

That's the sort of thing they'd do on the classic show.  Particularly with Brett.

I can't even pretend.  I thought the panel was great.  I love Leslie on SNL, I loved her in Ghostbusters, I loved her here.  I think the difference from JB Smoove is that Leslie was just excited to be there.  I had to watch the episode on Hulu at Starbucks (don't ask), and her answer to the Dumb Dora question had people concerned about me.

I've gained a lot of respect for Leah Remini since she recovered from Scientology, so I can't hate on her either.

Also, Ike Barinholtz is a fantasy boyfriend.

You will need to get in line for Ike Barinholtz; that man is FINE.  

Leslie Jones killed me. "That's a bad answer homie" made me completely lose my shit. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Well, I'm with you.  I really like Leslie on SNL, but here, with Leah, she gave me a headache with their screaming. I do appreciate that she was having fun.  It looked like Jack McBeyer was getting a little tired of it too.

I wonder when and under what conditions they taped this episode. The contestants were loopy too and the audience was even more, er, animated than usual.

1 of @mtlchick's posts fairly close upthread (I think) has a link to an Entertainment Weekly/EW.com article that's a "behind the scenes" look at the taping of this week's ep (a writer for them attended it), which says it was done on June 30th--shortly after the first ep aired. Just in case you missed it. It's an interesting read.

I liked this group of panelists the best so far. I'm not a fan of Rosie and I didn't know most of the previous panelists. I wasn't going to watch this time, but I hadn't changed the channel yet. Leslie and several others were what this show needed. They acted more like regular people having fun. I too am glad Cheryl reminded everyone that the contestants are playing for money.

Better questions, fun answers, this group of panelists - all made for a better show! Maybe Leslie could be there again.

I too laughed at Alec's mention of how a monkey is "helping" make the judging decisions.

• Love 2

Finally watched this ep. Leslie needs to be permanent, as well as Rosie (as a calmer anchor). None of the men have stood out to me, yet. Leslie took the show to a whole different level of funniness. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Racj82 said:

There are also people that will just see her as a sometimes offensive stereotype which will never change. So, it is what it is. I get the hate. I don't share it.

Yeah. I love Leslie but she is a loud comedian and if that isn't your style, then it isn't your style.  It's usually not mine but I think the fact that her loudness is usually based on total and absolute ethusiasm is why it works for me.  But I do think sometimes people go too far in interpreting that enthusiasm as making her the stereotypical angry black lady.  While that's sometimes a character she plays, that's not always why she's yelling so I think it's a bit unfair as far as criticism goes.

21 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I haven't watched SNL in years so this was my first exposure to Leslie. Maybe I'd get sick of her eventually? But she did make both of these shows fun.

Another non-SNL thing to watch Leslie in is when she and Seth Meyers watched Game of Thrones.

• Love 1

By and large, I enjoyed Leslie - I think she would be perfect if dialed back maybe 5-7%.  But she took it seriously, and was funny.  I just don't want any one (or two) people to start detracting from the game with the theatrics.  (I also follow her on twitter and felt terrible for what she's going through there.)

I enjoy Titus on Match Game more than I do on Kimmy.  The only other guy on the panel that's made me laugh or smile was Pete Wentz (go figure).

I don't get why everyone needs to see each other's answers - wait 2 minutes and you'll find out!  Slows down game time and isn't funny.

I enjoyed that the questions this episode included some "regular, PG" ones.

• Love 2

I think if Leslie were on $100,000 Pyramid, I'd hate her. But she's a perfect fit for Match Game, because Match Game is all about the celebrities cracking up, telling jokes and having fun. It's not a serious show. The most a contestant can win is $25K. You figure after taxes they might walk away with about 13K. Nothing to sneeze at but not life-changing money either - considering you can walk away from Pyramid with $150K plus a cruise. 

I want the celebrities on Pyramid to focus on the game and help the contestants win money. But I want the celebrities on Match Game to entertain me and I really don't care which contestant wins or how much. Two completely different kinds of shows.

• Love 9
On July 17, 2016 at 10:15 PM, Racj82 said:

Anyone who watched Josh Charles on the Wet Hot American Summer series/sequel knows he's not one of those self important types. He likes to have fun.

Or on Amy Schumer's show.

The only one who really bugged me was Leah. I admit I've never been a fan of hers, but I could hardly tolerate her at the beginning of the show. I do think she toned it down a little after that.

Leslie I love, so I wasn't bothered by her and found her funny. I love when she fell down you could hear the *thunk*

But my favorite of the celebrities was Jack McBrayer. I'm very biased. Everything he does cracks me up. I would love to be his friend and hang out. 

I actually noted for each question what I would say. For the Oprah one, I said "buy a car," so I would have been Marilyn's only match (or not matched any of the celebs if I were in the contestant spot).

Clint Eastwood - Make my prune juice
The elves got hungry so they started eating reindeer
I've got a hickey on my shin
Snoop Dogg - Best in Weed
Drill sergeant date - Drop and give me 50
Dumb Dora - get her legs waxed

As always, Alec Baldwin proved himself a great host. Loved his comment to Marilyn, "Michael is your dream opponent." The monkey pooping joke was hilarious. "Bikini is Hawaiian for vagina." 

• Love 7

LESLIE HAS TO GO!

There I said. What rubbed the wrong way was her loudness, the need for attention, and for crying out loud......her cheating! Every single time a question was asked there she went looking to see what everyone was writing. At times it appeared she had no answer and copied the answer of others. I watched the classic Match Game (I'm old) and yes, there was celebs looking to see who wrote what at times but not as much as today's game. Yeah I know this game is geared for the young folk but Leslie in my opinion wasn't funny at all. Then she gives away that the answers matched in the final round. I remember laughing at Paul Lind's jokes in Hollywood Squares. He sure didn't need to be loud.   

• Love 2
On 7/17/2016 at 11:29 PM, dirtydi said:

This was my favorite panel!  I was rolling.  Josh Charles surprised me with how game he was.  I thought he would be too self important, like Adam Goldberg.

I know the people here are likely to be massively split, but I'm with you. I don't know what it was but I found this episode just MASSIVELY entertaining. 

It's odd because the panel chemistry had ZERO resemblance to the original show. But for some reason this panel really gelled. Also Alec was REALLY "on" in this one, and the contestants, while they had that "too sassy" crap that often happens, were at least easy to laugh at.

Leslie Jones is made of win,and seeing this makes me even madder about what she's had to go through the past day or so with Twitter. Yes, she's an attention hog, but she's that rare breed where it always works. Jack McBrayer was a little more reigned in than I expected, but still good.  Josh Charles a lot more on the ball than I'd have thought. Cheryl Hines far less irritating than I'd feared. and Ike Whatshisanme was okay too. Leah Remini was as close as this came to a sour note.  Unlike with Leslie, Leah comes off as kind of desperate to be the center of attention versus it feeling effortless. But either Alec or the show editors, or both, allowed it to still work because they never lingered on Leah to the point where I managed to get annoyed.

I will say the show STILL lobs a few softballs. The Santa's Elves question was SO easy. There were really only three possible answers and "Reindeer" was the clearly obvious one. "Snow" and "Mrs. Claus" (makes more sense than Santa) being the other less obvious ones.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, peeayebee said:

The only one who really bugged me was Leah. I admit I've never been a fan of hers, but I could hardly tolerate her at the beginning of the show. I do think she toned it down a little after that.

Leslie I love, so I wasn't bothered by her and found her funny. I love when she fell down you could hear the *thunk*

SO "word" on both of those.  Both of these women could be portrayed as "attention hogs". But Leslie has that "Robin Williams in his prime" thing going on, where all of it feels earned, magnetic and hilarious. When it comes to Leah, it feels desperate.  That said, the editors and Alec himself kept pace well enough that we didn't get TOO much Leah.

Leslie did do that "consulting on every answer" thing I kind of hate, but even here she played it SO broad it was funny.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 7
(edited)
19 hours ago, Jaded said:

My heart is hurting for Leslie Jones tonight after reading this.

We had some discussion about that here:

That one article you cited doesn't have the worst of it reported. Leslie was actually kind of successfully fighting back against those trolls by pinning the most vile ones for the world to see. She was upset but felt vindicated by people's responses. Then the trolls started to play REALLY dirty.  They started photo editing and created FAKE tweets that were supposedly from her that featured her as really stupid (because rather than her own still smart but informal language it had her speaking in the worst version of ebonics possible--the version where the speaker uses words like "dis", "dese" and "dem"). But also they had this fake version of her saying all kind of homophobic stuff.  Then they were slapping this stuff all over Twitter with targeted responses where they acted outraged at her.

This was what actually made her give up and quit twitter.  Being compared to monkeys was bad, but she could highlight it as sick and twisted and feel vindicated. But when they managed to make her look like SHE was the bad guy, that's what broke her.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 6
(edited)

I loved Leslie, and it didn't even occur to me to think of her as being "loud". I mean, I realize she was, her volume was up, but that's not how I'd describe what happened as her main action? It was more that she was just straight up FREAKING OUT. Her first outburst she said something to the effect of "THESE ARE PEOPLE'S LIVES THEY HAVE TO WIN THE MONEY" or something like that, and from there she had me. When she was getting up and walking away briefly, and later lying on the floor and blurting out when she was supposed to be poker face (and then paused because she knew she was supposed to be poker facing but hadn't been able to contain herself). That's why I loved it. It was hilarious in part because it was SO SINCERE. She was like the definition of a person at home on their couch screaming at the screen...except oops she was on the panel.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, theatremouse said:

I loved Leslie, and it didn't even occur to me to think of her as being "loud". I mean, I realize she was, her volume was up, but that's not how I'd describe what happened as her main action? It was more that she was just straight up FREAKING OUT. Her first outburst she said something to the effect of "THESE ARE PEOPLE'S LIVES THEY HAVE TO WIN THE MONEY" or something like that, and from there she had me. When she was getting up and walking away briefly, and later lying on the floor and blurting out when she was supposed to be poker face (and then paused because she knew she was supposed to be poker facing but hadn't been able to contain herself). That's why I loved it. It was hilarious in part because it was SO SINCERE. She was like the definition of a person at home on their house screaming at the screen...except oops she was on the panel.

She "Game of Jonesed" a Match Game in-studio appearance!

Edited by Kromm
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

Then the trolls started to play REALLY dirty.  They started photo editing and created FAKE tweets that were supposedly from her that featured her as really stupid (because rather than her own still smart but informal language it had her speaking in the worst version of ebonics possible--the version where the speaker uses words like "dis", "dese" and "dem"). But also they had this fake version of her saying all kind of homophobic stuff.  Then they were slapping this stuff all over Twitter with targeted responses where they acted outraged at her.

I didn't know this. How awful. I've been reading lots of tweets as to why Twitter doesn't do anything about such stuff.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, rr2911 said:

LESLIE HAS TO GO!

There I said. What rubbed the wrong way was her loudness, the need for attention, and for crying out loud......her cheating! Every single time a question was asked there she went looking to see what everyone was writing. At times it appeared she had no answer and copied the answer of others. I watched the classic Match Game (I'm old) and yes, there was celebs looking to see who wrote what at times but not as much as today's game. Yeah I know this game is geared for the young folk but Leslie in my opinion wasn't funny at all. Then she gives away that the answers matched in the final round. I remember laughing at Paul Lind's jokes in Hollywood Squares. He sure didn't need to be loud.   

I can't disagree.  She is fine in other settings, and I don't dislike her, but she did not seem to be a good fit for this show.  She telegraphed her answer at least once, and I didn't care for the fact that she had to look at everyone else's responses and declare them bad or good before the contestant had the chance to weigh in.  

• Love 2