Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E08: The Carny Queen/S31.E09: Shaken and Stirred

• Start Topic

(edited)

I think either I'm getting too old for this show or it's starting to suck more over time, not sure which. Everything else I was thinking's pretty much already been said, but I just had to comment on Jenna's whole Dylan's in loooooooovvve with me (which I never exactly heard him say, but boy was she sure). Then she was all cocky about how she would never cheat but she might break up with Austin, if she wanted to do anything with Dylan. Then poof, Dylan breaks up with HIS girlfriend and suddenly Jenna's all giddy and ready to do whatever.  Huh???  What happened to breaking up with Austin first?

I also get a really shady feeling about that Dylan guy. Something just seems too weird about his fake sounding accent, instantly glomming on to Jenna, etc.  I'm curious what else we're going to learn about him. I have a feeling there's more to come about that guy.

Edited by NikSac
Fixed his name (thanks Rcharter!)
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, NikSac said:

I think either I'm getting too old for this show or it's starting to suck more over time, not sure which. Everything else I was thinking's pretty much already been said, but I just had to comment on Jenna's whole Shawn's in loooooooovvve with me (which I never exactly heard him say, but boy was she sure). Then she was all cocky about how she would never cheat but she might break up with Austin, if she wanted to do anything with Shawn. Then poof, Shawn breaks up with HIS girlfriend and suddenly Jenna's all giddy and ready to do whatever.  Huh???  What happened to breaking up with Austin first?

I also get a really shady feeling about that Shawn guy. Something just seems too weird about his fake sounding accent, instantly glomming on to Jenna, etc.  I'm curious what else we're going to learn about him. I have a feeling there's more to come about that guy.

Yeah, you might be getting too old for this, because his name is Dylan :)  I'm just kidding.....they cast such "types" on these shows that they all blur together.  Blandly good looking douche bag is certainly a reality show type.  What would ever possess a girl to trust a guy that says he loves her after less than a week?  But man was she ever clinging to that.

I think production had a talk with Dylan (Dillon?) and let him know that they wanted him to show interest in Jenna as some sort of storyline.  He kept saying they have so much in common.  But from where I sit, the only thing they have in common is that they have a significant other back home.  And not for nothing, but guys like Dylan (Dillon?) do not strike me as the type to go ga ga for a chick with that fucked up grill.  He is a young, good looking guy that has been in college....he has likely been surrounded by smarter, better looking girls.

• Love 2

haha thank you Rcharter. See, proof! ;)   I fixed my post so as to avoid confusing anyone.

I think you're right it's being pushed by production. Plus he seems like one of those guys that would go after the vulnerable girl, and use her vulnerability to his advantage, sadly.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, NikSac said:

haha thank you Rcharter. See, proof! ;)   I fixed my post so as to avoid confusing anyone.

I think you're right it's being pushed by production. Plus he seems like one of those guys that would go after the vulnerable girl, and use her vulnerability to his advantage, sadly.

Yeah, he says all the right things, but he gives me whiffs of douchebaggery.  

But then again, I take a dim view to someone who thinks that interrupting a college class with some strip tease is cool.  Education is expensive, put your damn clothes on.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Fouts said:

Jenna is far from perfect, but I always find it distasteful when a group bands together in continual attack of an isolated individual.  It's immature and cruel behavior, reminiscent of Lord of the Flies.  It's not a good look for the group.  In fact, such bullying often tends to have the opposite effect in making their victim appear sympathetic.  

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've watched that movie a lot when I was a kid and get what you mean.

• Love 1

Anybody else get that sinking feeling that Dione is going to be on MTV for years to come? If he doesn't become a Challenge mainstay, BMP will probably give him and his fellow "carnies" their own show. Thankfully, this happened before Dylan was thrown into the mix.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

Anybody else get that sinking feeling that Dione is going to be on MTV for years to come? If he doesn't become a Challenge mainstay, BMP will probably give him and his fellow "carnies" their own show. Thankfully, this happened before Dylan was thrown into the mix.

I think you might be right about that because Dione's ex said in the after show that she is glad he's finally doing something with his life. I've been watching the Challenge for awhile now and I keep seeing more and more AYTO people on it and it's getting annoying, especially that skank Christina LeBlanc, I can't stand her!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

I want it to be a show where I can drive by and randomly throw pennies at them.  

I don't mind panhandlers, and I don't even mind giving....but to me, panhandling should be something you do when something has really gone wrong in life -- not just some ironic life choice.  At least if I got to throw pennies at them, they would earn their money by entertaining me.

1 hour ago, Hiacios said:

I think you might be right about that because Dione's ex said in the after show that she is glad he's finally doing something with his life. I've been watching the Challenge for awhile now and I keep seeing more and more AYTO people on it and it's getting annoying, especially that skank Christina LeBlanc, I can't stand her!

That chick is dying to get on TV.  If Dionne was on any show, she would definitely be a part of it.....whether anyone asked her or not.  I hope MTV is ready for that, because she is the most obvious type of attention junkie, and those are never entertaining.  She is trying too hard, and so it all comes off as fake.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, rwgrab said:

Not to defend Jenna too much here, but we don't know whether or not she said the same thing to Chris after he confronted her.  I actually thought it was pretty mature of her to pull Dean aside (instead of making a big scene in front of the group) and explain that she didn't mind his having a problem with her but that the physical aggression touched a nerve for her.  And it could just be my read of the later scene between Ceejai and Dean, but I didn't get the impression Dean thought it was racist until Ceejai started characterizing it that way.

No doubt Jenna has skewed views on race, but it's possible she didn't mean that particular comment to be racist.

Exactly!

9 hours ago, RCharter said:

I want it to be a show where I can drive by and randomly throw pennies at them.  

I don't mind panhandlers, and I don't even mind giving....but to me, panhandling should be something you do when something has really gone wrong in life -- not just some ironic life choice.  At least if I got to throw pennies at them, they would earn their money by entertaining me.

That chick is dying to get on TV.  If Dionne was on any show, she would definitely be a part of it.....whether anyone asked her or not.  I hope MTV is ready for that, because she is the most obvious type of attention junkie, and those are never entertaining.  She is trying too hard, and so it all comes off as fake.

Yeah, but Kailah was the one that looked fake in that after show saying she didn't care about Dione but kept trying to answer his questions. lol.

• Love 1
On 5/13/2016 at 11:37 PM, RCharter said:

Just saw the preview for next week

Hide contents

It looks like the shit finally hits the fan and there is a physical altercation between CeeJai and Jenna.  From what I can see it looks like Jenna maybe tries to do something and CeeJai whoops her pretty good.  I wonder if someone gets sent home because it looks like Jenna starts it, so CeeJai defends herself, but she beats Jenna pretty good so....

My money is on CeeJai going home because Jenna may have went over and shoved her but CeeJai just blatantly assaulted Jenna. I new that was what CeeJai wanted to do from the begin, but kept taking all that shit about how her parents raised her to be accepting of others. smh. CeeJai also kept telling that story about how her dad beat her mother a lot so I think she takes from her dad more then her mother.

(edited)

Amanda (Please) was the worst. She reminded me of a Carny-version of the "cool girl" (or al least a try-hard cool girl, at any rate). I felt bad for her, because she was so clearly desperate for attention and drama, but she just made herself look stupid.

I love Ceejai, but I think she blew the Kailah/Dean fight *way* out of proportion. I know that Ceejai's reaction was colored by what Jenna had said to Dean beforehand, but I think it was unfair of her to take that out on Kailah -- who was clearly not coming from a bad place, but was just drunk and irritated that Dean was all over/imitating Dione's Carny idiots. For Ceejai to come at her and say that she would have been "afraid" had Dean confronted her himself was, in my opinion, unfair, because Kailah has always seemed very comfortable with Dean (hell, she even let him kiss her, when she clearly wasn't into it). 

The Jenna-Dylan-Kailah love triangle is going to be hilarious. I don't know what Kailah is so thirsty -- she's a beautiful girl, and you'd think she wouldn't have to try so hard for male attention, but she clearly feels the need to be "extra" to capture dudes' attention. Jenna, on the other hand, seems to have gotten carried away with what few kind words Dylan said to her, and somehow twisted that into a declaration of ~true love~. Also, I'm not quite clear on what all the girls seem to see in him; he's moderately good-looking, but really, that's just in comparison to the other men in the house. I really feel like they are scrapping the bottom of the barrel with this season.

Lastly, Sabrina continues to be awesome, drama-free, and the voice of reason.

Edited by lavenderpenguin
  • Love 3

Ok, at this point I actually like Kailah and don't get why she keeps getting rejected by these guys.  Is it just that she doesn't realize how needy she's coming off?  She's gorgeous - she really shouldn't be having these issues.  I guess when you present yourself as someone who just wants a temporary good time, that's what you get back from guys. But I don't believe her - I think she wants someone to love her.  But...I'm old, so maybe I just don't understand the kids these days. :)

She dodged a bullet with Dylan, though. That guy seems like a douchecanoe, and on RealTalk it sure didn't seem like Jenna was still into him.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Ok, at this point I actually like Kailah and don't get why she keeps getting rejected by these guys.  Is it just that she doesn't realize how needy she's coming off?  She's gorgeous - she really shouldn't be having these issues.  I guess when you present yourself as someone who just wants a temporary good time, that's what you get back from guys. But I don't believe her - I think she wants someone to love her.  But...I'm old, so maybe I just don't understand the kids these days. :)

She dodged a bullet with Dylan, though. That guy seems like a douchecanoe, and on RealTalk it sure didn't seem like Jenna was still into him.

I think you're right -- her behavior with Dione made it so obvious that she wants something more (not necessarily love, but I think she would like a little more respect and genuine affection), even if she says she doesn't care. But she's too needy and desperate for that attention, and I think that's a turn off for most guys, even if they are physically attracted to her. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lavenderpenguin said:

I think you're right -- her behavior with Dione made it so obvious that she wants something more (not necessarily love, but I think she would like a little more respect and genuine affection), even if she says she doesn't care. But she's too needy and desperate for that attention, and I think that's a turn off for most guys, even if they are physically attracted to her. 

I think Kailah wanted to be he one everyone (especially Dione) wanted so she could either have a showmance or break some hearts.  Now she's upset that neither has happened and can't understand why when she thinks she's the best option in the house with that platinum vagina.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I think Kailah wanted to be he one everyone (especially Dione) wanted so she could either have a showmance or break some hearts.  Now she's upset that neither has happened and can't understand why when she thinks she's the best option in the house with that platinum vagina.

If it weren't for that attitude, she actually might be!

(edited)
7 hours ago, Hiacios said:

My money is on CeeJai going home because Jenna may have went over and shoved her but CeeJai just blatantly assaulted Jenna. I new that was what CeeJai wanted to do from the begin, but kept taking all that shit about how her parents raised her to be accepting of others. smh. CeeJai also kept telling that story about how her dad beat her mother a lot so I think she takes from her dad more then her mother.

I wouldn't think so, you have a right to defend yourself, and if someone shoves you, that is an assault.  So, Jenna would be the one that assaulted CeeJai.

I don't see how defending herself against some chick that has decided to put hands on her says anything about CeeJai's violent nature.  If anything, I think it says something about Jenna's violent nature that she can't use her words but has to resort to violence.

Its not CeeJai's fault that Jenna is a weak bitch, next time, Jenna should learn better than to step to people that can beat her up.  

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 5

Real World works differently than the Challenge.  In the Real World you can be violent, but only leave if the cast unanimously vote the person out.  So everyone would have to say they wanted either Ceejai or Jenna to leave.  Anyone remember when Nia bitch slapped Avery from behind, but because they was not an unanimous vote...she stayed and Avery and Johnny left and went to a hotel because they didn't want to stay?  

8 hours ago, Hiacios said:

Oh my.  She takes after her father...the person who shot and killed her mother?  I have no words.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, shelley1005 said:

Oh my.  She takes after her father...the person who shot and killed her mother?  I have no words.  

I didn't want to be the one to point this out....but yeah....I agree with you.  Although I actually have the words, I just don't want to use them.  

• Love 2
20 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

Real World works differently than the Challenge.  In the Real World you can be violent, but only leave if the cast unanimously vote the person out.  So everyone would have to say they wanted either Ceejai or Jenna to leave.  Anyone remember when Nia bitch slapped Avery from behind, but because they was not an unanimous vote...she stayed and Avery and Johnny left and went to a hotel because they didn't want to stay?  

Damn, I didn't mean it like that. lol. I meant that she get's the violent side from her dad who beat her mom a lot.

On 5/14/2016 at 4:06 PM, RCharter said:

I don't think she does, I simply think that some things are pretty racist and she points them out.

Ceejai considered it racist when Jenna said that she goes by how people act. How people act is what shows the "content of their character", to use a phrase from a famous speech. Ceejai is even more racist than Jenna, always on the lookout to twist a harmless comment into proof that a white person is a racist; not everyone bothers to keep up with the rules on what you should or shouldn't say. Could Jenna do better? Yes, but, there's a difference between being an insensitive clod and being a racist.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Ceejai considered it racist when Jenna said that she goes by how people act. How people act is what shows the "content of their character", to use a phrase from a famous speech. Ceejai is even more racist than Jenna, always on the lookout to twist a harmless comment into proof that a white person is a racist; not everyone bothers to keep up with the rules on what you should or shouldn't say. Could Jenna do better? Yes, but, there's a difference between being an insensitive clod and being a racist.

There is a difference between being insensitive and being a racist.  Jenna is racist.  

I also don't see Ceejai as trying to turn everything into being racist.  In fact, she has shown a lot of effort with Jenna in trying to get to know her and see beyond her bias, but there is only so much she could take.  

There are also a whole lot of other white people in the house that Ceejai hasn't claimed are racist all the time.  She has about Jenna mainly because she is a huge racist (along with a bunch of other prejudices).  

Ceejai is even more racist than Jenna.  I can't even with that.  That would be like saying that boring Sabrina is more carny than Dione.  

• Love 6

Jenna definitely has some skewed views,  but she's not hating black people, treating them badly, or refusing to socialize with them.  Sure, she has made some racially-charged comments, but i feel she's ignorant and I blame her upbringing for that ignorance. The other roommates are the much nastier toward her. They treat her badly and disrespectfully on a daily basis.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Can you please remind me of when that occured.  I truly do not remember that and I can go back and check it out with OnDemand so I can get the context.

However, racism is the act of ascribing a negative character trait to an entire race, based on race.  I don't see how Ceejai has ever said, or done anything racist.

Well....if you don't "bother" to keep up with the "rules" and you're called out for it, I don't see whats unfair about that.  If I don't "bother" to keep up with the "rules" on speed, I get a speeding ticket.  Ignorance is no excuse, especially not in this day and age.  

And most especially not for Jenna, who seems to get offended that no one likes her.  She is the only one that is allowed to be hurt by what people say?  But not the people she makes racist and homophobic comments to?

There really isn't a different in being ignorant/insensitive and being a racist.  Racists are quite often ignorant and insensitive, so ignorance, insensitivity, and racism fit like hand and glove.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Little Spoon said:

Jenna definitely has some skewed views,  but she's not hating black people, treating them badly, or refusing to socialize with them.  Sure, she has made some racially-charged comments, but i feel she's ignorant and I blame her upbringing for that ignorance. The other roommates are the much nastier toward her. They treat her badly and disrespectfully on a daily basis.

She has earned her disrespect, and so she rightfully gets disrespected.  She has done nothing to earn any respect, so she doesn't deserve to get any respect.

This is 2016, the age of computers and the internet, not to mention the damn History Channel.  If Jenna is ignorant, she is willfully ignorant, and there is no excuse for willful ignorance.

Especially since Jenna herself takes such a dim view to people being able to blame the past for their actions.  She made it a point in the first episode to say that black people are just "living in the past," but somehow that excuse always comes up for Jenna. 

I'm not sure what you think of as being treated poorly, but having to listen to derogatory comments about my race, having to listen to derogatory comments about my sexual orientation, and having to listen to someone gleefully advocating guns when my mother was the victim of gun violence would all be examples of being treated poorly to me.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 6
(edited)

I also can't believe we are not talking about the hypocritical behavior of Jenna who in the beginning of the season hated Ceejai and said she RUINED HER LIFE because she encouraged a stripper to pull Jenna up on stage and give her a lap dance....but then the same Jenna has no problem WHAT SO EVER with new cast member Dylan picking her up and flipping her over and doing a little stripper dance on her.  Where is her outrage???

Edited by shelley1005
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, RCharter said:

Well....if you don't "bother" to keep up with the "rules" and you're called out for it, I don't see whats unfair about that.  If I don't "bother" to keep up with the "rules" on speed, I get a speeding ticket.  Ignorance is no excuse, especially not in this day and age.

People get plenty of notice about the rules on speed and they don't change arbitrarily and retroactively, unlike what's PC (if you don't believe that happens, just ask a couple of guys named Sam and Bo who named a restaurant chain after themselves).

1 minute ago, LoneHaranguer said:

People get plenty of notice about the rules on speed and they don't change arbitrarily and retroactively, unlike what's PC (if you don't believe that happens, just ask a couple of guys named Sam and Bo who named a restaurant chain after themselves).

And people have plenty of notice on how to behave as a decent human being.  In this day and age, with access to the internet and a 24 hour news cycle....and just by taking a history class....people know whats offensive and what isn't.  

In reality, people probably get less notice on speed limits since they can change before a person realizes that they have gone into a zone with a different speed limit.....however.....ignorance is no excuse....the same way Jenna's willful ignorance is no excuse.

She has earned everyone's disrespect, and I'm glad that no one is pussyfooting around her anymore.  She doesn't deserve their consideration.  If she can't take the feelings of anyone else into account why should any concessions be made for her feelings?

• Love 3

Jenna's problem isn't her ignorance that she is racist and probably homophobic. She's too dumb to realize that she definitely is those things. Her problem is her complete refusal to listen when people are showing her how her beliefs are racist and homophobic.  She is clinging to the things she thinks despite being repeatedly told they are wrong. If I was in a room full of people who all agreed I was an asshole, I'd sure the hell start thinking maybe I should figure out why I'm an asshole. 

• Love 6

Kailah: should I take off my top?

Everyone: oh here come kailah's tits again.

Kailah: I can't believe I'm doing this.

Everyone: you always do this. Put those away.

Kailah: how long do I have to stand here topless?

Everyone: nobody asked you to take your top off.

Kailah: omg I hate you guys for making me do this!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, RCharter said:

And people have plenty of notice on how to behave as a decent human being.  In this day and age, with access to the internet and a 24 hour news cycle....and just by taking a history class....people know whats offensive and what isn't.  

If this was a season of The Real World 1996 then Jenna's story arc would be - Southern, racist/ homophobe who has never been exposed to people from different walks of life, is exposed to them, mind blown open, apologetic for her earlier missteps. But, with the internet and just how culture has changed in so many ways in the past 20 years, a person can't get away with saying that they don't know better so she's been judged and shunned. I don't feel sorry for her at all and I hope this 2016 story arc is a lesson for younger people who might be watching.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Pixel said:

Jenna's problem isn't her ignorance that she is racist and probably homophobic.

I hate that the term "homophobic" is being used for Jenna as the term has baggage that doesn't really apply. The gut reaction she described is no different than what somebody at the opposite end of the Kinsey Scale might feel in thinking about straight sex. She hasn't expressed any hatred, but wouldn't appreciate gay PDA's in her presence, which I presume is why she mentioned it. You can't blame her for how she was born, but you can blame whatever producer thought this casting was a good idea.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Pixel said:

Yeah, I actually felt a little bad about including the homophobia thing.

I don't, when you call someone's expression of love "disgusting" you're pretty much showing a phobia, IMO.

I don't want to see anyone having sex in front of me, gay, straight or otherwise.....but I wouldn't undertake to call their intimacy disgusting.  Especially if they are expressing their affection behind closed doors.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, RCharter said:

I don't, when you call someone's expression of love "disgusting" you're pretty much showing a phobia, IMO.

I don't want to see anyone having sex in front of me, gay, straight or otherwise.....but I wouldn't undertake to call their intimacy disgusting.  Especially if they are expressing their affection behind closed doors.

I don't disagree that she's horrible at expressing herself, but not wanting to see people having sex isn't exactly homophobia.  She's just ignorant.  However - I said probably homophobic because everything about her tells me I wouldn't be surprised to find her opposing same sex marriage and protesting transgendered use of the bathroom they feel most comfortable in. Having said that - I suppose it's not fair of me to make those assumptions when I haven't actually heard her say those things.

Trust me, I am no Jenna apologist. She disgusts me. Everything about her makes me want to punch her in the face.  I usually find violence on these shows tedious and immature, but I was cheering when Ceejai put the smackdown on her.

Just now, Pixel said:

I don't disagree that she's horrible at expressing herself, but not wanting to see people having sex isn't exactly homophobia.  She's just ignorant.  However - I said probably homophobic because everything about her tells me I wouldn't be surprised to find her opposing same sex marriage and protesting transgendered use of the bathroom they feel most comfortable in. Having said that - I suppose it's not fair of me to make those assumptions when I haven't actually heard her say those things.

Trust me, I am no Jenna apologist. She disgusts me. Everything about her makes me want to punch her in the face.  I usually find violence on these shows tedious and immature, but I was cheering when Ceejai put the smackdown on her.

Thats not what Jenna said.  Jenna said that homosexual sex is "disgusting,"  not that she didn't want to see it.  I don't want to see anyone having sex....I don't find their sex "disgusting" I just don't want to see it.  I don't really dwell on the sex that other people have, because it doesn't concern me.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, RCharter said:

Thats not what Jenna said.  Jenna said that homosexual sex is "disgusting,"  not that she didn't want to see it.  I don't want to see anyone having sex....I don't find their sex "disgusting" I just don't want to see it.  I don't really dwell on the sex that other people have, because it doesn't concern me.

Yeah, but she's also a ginormous dipshit who doesn't have the first clue how to express herself.

On May 17, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Pixel said:

Jenna's problem isn't her ignorance that she is racist and probably homophobic. She's too dumb to realize that she definitely is those things. Her problem is her complete refusal to listen when people are showing her how her beliefs are racist and homophobic.  She is clinging to the things she thinks despite being repeatedly told they are wrong. If I was in a room full of people who all agreed I was an asshole, I'd sure the hell start thinking maybe I should figure out why I'm an asshole. 

Jenna is not going to change during this season because she doesn't respect the people she lives with. She's mentally put labels on them and she think she's better than them. 

How Jenna thinks:

CJ & Dean: they're black

Dionne & Chris: too gender fluid/weird

Kailah: Latina

Sabrina: she's from the North and doesn't have Southern values

Basically Jenna devalues all their opinions using the labels she's given them. Since their opinions don't mean anything to her, she's not going to listen to them and she's not going to change. She did value:

New Guy: he's white, tall, tattooed, built

He is the only one who may have been able to get through to her since she valued his opinion based on his race, appearance and seeming heteronormativity. But clearly that's over now, too.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, RCharter said:

^^yeah, I always wonder where Jenna gets her sense of superiority from.  She isn't well spoken, well read, intelligent or pretty....its perplexing.

I can't get past her grill. I know it's shallow as hell but those teeth...that overbite. Ew.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:56 AM, Hiacios said:

Jenna went over and shoved her, but CeeJai just blatantly assaulted Jenna. Huh?

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh I'm pretty sure CeeJai was thinking "YES! Finally!" in her head when Jenna shoved her. She even commented something about wanting this chance (I forget her exact words).  But I give her credit for backing off when she did, because I think she could've easily hurt Jenna pretty badly.

ETA: and I don't think CeeJai should go home for it. If anyone should I'd say Jenna, but I still have this tiny shred of hope she'll learn something if she sticks around.

Edited by NikSac