Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E08: The Carny Queen/S31.E09: Shaken and Stirred

• Start Topic

8. Dione's ex-girlfriend visits the house; and Jenna makes a shocking accusation that results in an emotional and explosive night for Dean and Ceejai.

9. A potential new roommate shakes things up; and pursues two female roommates.  The newly single Dean, meanwhile, must flaunt his stuff on stage at a male strip club.

Yep. I'm guessing because of Prince's death. Helluva night for me . ..  I have to go into the city early Friday, so I'll be DVRing both episodes and the After Show, as well as Inside Amy Schumer, Archer, and Comedy Central's late night lineup. Oh, and there's a major spoiler in the After Show description, so you might want to steer clear.

I'm out!  This shit is just so nasty.  Jenna's parents should be reprimanded for not fixing her teeth.  Her whole face is out of whack.  I just can't.  I hope she uses any money she makes to fix things.  It would change her life.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, jumper sage said:

I'm out!  This shit is just so nasty.  Jenna's parents should be reprimanded for not fixing her teeth.  Her whole face is out of whack.  I just can't.  I hope she uses any money she makes to fix things.  It would change her life.

Yeah, when I see Jenna's teeth I have a hard time understanding her superiority complex.  Like, are you really fixing that funky ass mouth to talk shit about others?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Watermelon said:

If you ever thought Jenna wasn't THAT GIRL, there she went with the "I feel threatened".

She's the worst. Still.  Consistently.

I couldn't even....she was about to be "thrown across the room!"

Oh well, Dylan will learn soon enough.  Or not, he seems a little dim.  Attractive.....but just.....a little dim.

For a reoccurring season theme, stripping isn't the worst.

Amanda is really obnoxious.  Since Kailah didn't say anything about her that I don't think seemed true, I'm going to go ahead and give her the benefit of the doubt that she doesn't deserve.  It's totally about Dione, but I'll go ahead and pretend that it wasn't.  I'd be counting down the seconds until Amanda went home.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, laschifosavita said:

For a reoccurring season theme, stripping isn't the worst.

Amanda is really obnoxious.  Since Kailah didn't say anything about her that I don't think seemed true, I'm going to go ahead and give her the benefit of the doubt that she doesn't deserve.  It's totally about Dione, but I'll go ahead and pretend that it wasn't.  I'd be counting down the seconds until Amanda went home.

I'm not exactly sure what a famewhore is, but Amanda seemed desperate for any camera time/attention.  I thought it was hilarious that the only thing she could get upset about was being called "small"

• Love 4

Just saw the preview for next week

Spoiler

It looks like the shit finally hits the fan and there is a physical altercation between CeeJai and Jenna.  From what I can see it looks like Jenna maybe tries to do something and CeeJai whoops her pretty good.  I wonder if someone gets sent home because it looks like Jenna starts it, so CeeJai defends herself, but she beats Jenna pretty good so....

Spoiler

I hope they just get rid of both of them.  I would guess that if they let the cast choose that there is no way CeeJai goes home, but getting rid of two of them and getting another new cast member is as close to a do over with casting as we can get.  Casting Dylan was totally an attempt at saving the season by mixing up the dynamics.

24 minutes ago, laschifosavita said:
  Hide contents

I hope they just get rid of both of them.  I would guess that if they let the cast choose that there is no way CeeJai goes home, but getting rid of two of them and getting another new cast member is as close to a do over with casting as we can get.  Casting Dylan was totally an attempt at saving the season by mixing up the dynamics.

Spoiler

I still like CeeJai, but I would consider sacrificing her to get rid of Jenna, because my blood pressure can't handle it.  I agree about casting Dylan to mix things up.  I wonder if the producers gave him a rundown, because he is a good looking guy, and Jenna just isn't that attractive...I cant imagine that he was really super naturally attracted to her personality.  I think if Jenna were out of the house, it would just be regular reality show dramatics...the fun ones....I don't find Jenna's racism or homophobia fun.

These people all suck, though Sabrina pointed out how stupid it is that Kailah and Amanda are both fighting over the "douche canoe."

Male strippers featured gain?  Lame.

the new guy is playing the girls.  Seemed like they were both over him on the after show.

if they're going to do these fake missions, might as well bring back the fake jobs back.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, scrb said:

These people all suck, though Sabrina pointed out how stupid it is that Kailah and Amanda are both fighting over the "douche canoe."

Male strippers featured gain?  Lame.

the new guy is playing the girls.  Seemed like they were both over him on the after show.

if they're going to do these fake missions, might as well bring back the fake jobs back.

Male strippers are gross to me.  I just can't.  He seemed cheesy as hell on the after show.  But thats what you get for trying to date a male stripper -- that just seems like a no, no, no.  I mean, he is cute, but you don't date a male stripper......I would maybe have sex with a male stripper....but I'm not trying to get in a relationship with a dude that makes his living flinging his junk in women's faces.

I feel sort of bad for Dean in all of this -- Kaliah was trying to say that she wasn't going to be that girl that slept with two roommates, but she seemed more than ready to sleep with Dylan.  Dylan who would have promptly dumped on her the same way Dione did.

But now I feel bad for Kaliah, because how shitty must you be to have to be second to Jenna.  That has got to hurt.

At this point, I find it hard to blame Dione -- these girls should know better.

Amanda is exactly the person you'd expect who not only likes, but loves Dione.  Just watching her on tv was super annoying.  If I had to share living space with her for even 2 seconds....I'd totally punch her in her face.  

As for the huge confrontation between Dean, Ceejah and Kailah....I think that was a lot of Jenna misdirection, however I totally get where Dean and Ceej were coming from.  People of color have to spend a lot of time making sure they are seen the right way or talk the right way...and putting on fronts, so it bubbled up all that stuff.  Dean couldn't hear anymore that how he was talking or behaving or seeming wasn't appropriate....especially in light of Jenna telling him the day before that just raising his voice and stepping to Jenna meant she felt she was going to be chocked and thrown across the room.  

The new guy.  Eww.  As someone from Boston....gross.  

I saw in the description that a new roomie was coming so I kept waiting for someone to be sent home and was trying to figure out who it was.  Nope.  Nobody.  I think MTV thought someone would fail a mission by now...so they had to just start sending in the rest of the B cast they have lined up.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

Amanda is exactly the person you'd expect who not only likes, but loves Dione.  Just watching her on tv was super annoying.  If I had to share living space with her for even 2 seconds....I'd totally punch her in her face.  

As for the huge confrontation between Dean, Ceejah and Kailah....I think that was a lot of Jenna misdirection, however I totally get where Dean and Ceej were coming from.  People of color have to spend a lot of time making sure they are seen the right way or talk the right way...and putting on fronts, so it bubbled up all that stuff.  Dean couldn't hear anymore that how he was talking or behaving or seeming wasn't appropriate....especially in light of Jenna telling him the day before that just raising his voice and stepping to Jenna meant she felt she was going to be chocked and thrown across the room.  

The new guy.  Eww.  As someone from Boston....gross.  

I saw in the description that a new roomie was coming so I kept waiting for someone to be sent home and was trying to figure out who it was.  Nope.  Nobody.  I think MTV thought someone would fail a mission by now...so they had to just start sending in the rest of the B cast they have lined up.  

Its funny you talk about fronts....a friend of mine once called me from the college cafeteria because she wanted KFC but didn't want to be a black girl standing in line for fried chicken.....so as to feed into stereotypes about black people.  That is how sensitive and in tune people can be.  She grew up in an area where you were actively reminded in a million little ways that being black wasn't as good as being white, and her parents grew up in the South in the time right after Jim Crow laws.

I don't want to start a war, but I think white people just don't realize that these stereotypes still exist and so they write it all off as "playing the race card" or "race baiting."  The "angry and enraged out of control black man that is going to assault the small and helpless white woman" is a pretty tried and true rallying cry of certain people.

I don't know how MTV thought someone would fail a mission, since all the missions are ridiculously easy.  "Go see a private investigator!" "Spend the night  in the desert....with these snacks we bought for you!" "Go on a long hike!"

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, RCharter said:

Its funny you talk about fronts....a friend of mine once called me from the college cafeteria because she wanted KFC but didn't want to be a black girl standing in line for fried chicken.....so as to feed into stereotypes about black people.  That is how sensitive and in tune people can be.  She grew up in an area where you were actively reminded in a million little ways that being black wasn't as good as being white, and her parents grew up in the South in the time right after Jim Crow laws.

I don't want to start a war, but I think white people just don't realize that these stereotypes still exist and so they write it all off as "playing the race card" or "race baiting."  The "angry and enraged out of control black man that is going to assault the small and helpless white woman" is a pretty tried and true rallying cry of certain people.

I don't know how MTV thought someone would fail a mission, since all the missions are ridiculously easy.  "Go see a private investigator!" "Spend the night  in the desert....with these snacks we bought for you!" "Go on a long hike!"

I agree.  I think these racist stereotypes are indoctrinated into our culture.  I really felt for Dean.  The talk between him and Ceejai really rang true for me.  One of my fav co-workers and good friends is a pretty big, buff, dark skinned black guy.  He has said often that he is seen as a threat off jump street, so he has to be as docile and play white in order to not get trouble for just being alive.  I was telling him about one time that I saw two cops manhandling someone when I went to get on the train.  I told him that the cops told me to move along and I said I was not moving and was there to observe.  The cop glared at me, but nothing else and moved on with what they were doing.  My friend just laughed and said if he did that or even looked in the cop's direction, he'd be the one in handcuffs on the ground.  He's not wrong.  I grew up a middle class white girl in a basically all white community, so I didn't truly understand these differences until I grew up and moved out of my small town world.  However, unlike Jenna...I didn't let my small town upbringing feed my racism and looked to challenge any and all assumptions I had.  

Speaking of the chicken...do people remember on one of the challenges when Leroy and Nia won one of the challenges.  Everyone else got pizza for their reward dinner.  Lerory and Nia got fried chicken.  Leroy basic response was..."look, I like fried chicken, but come on MTV!"  

Edited by shelley1005
  • Love 4

Can they all just please fuck each other, and move on to actual stories? It's not suspenseful waiting to see which genitals will make contact. The GO BIG theme isn't working, either, because the missions are too easy for famewhores with nothing to lose and nothing to live for. Make them babysit eight kids for a weekend. Ask them to donate all their belongings to charity. You know, actually test them. Don't challenge a stripper and an aspiring stripper to put on a strip show. They'll do that, anyway, if you just dangle some liquor bottles in front of their faces.

It seems like nothing interesting is going to happen until Jenna gets sent home or Adoption Girl meets her bio-mom. The rest is just the same episode over and over, IMO.

• Love 4

They need to get back to college kids and their life plans.  This whole scraping the bottom of society is just not fun to watch.  I always hate when a "wronged" girlfriend fights with the other girl.  It's the boy who did wrong, be mad at him.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, RCharter said:

I'm not exactly sure what a famewhore is, but Amanda seemed desperate for any camera time/attention.  I thought it was hilarious that the only thing she could get upset about was being called "small"

You just described what a famewhores is.

A black man on Real World taking L's once again. Both women he showed interest in are all over the new guy the first moment he is seen. It's almost a parody at this point how often the black guy in the house is not looked at as a romantic option. And Dean had to worry about how he is being perceived which is a difficult for black people. I know his struggle. From, one point of view, Jenna was doing coded talk. She in so many words saying she was scared of the big black man.

• Love 5

Wow these challenges are lame as hell.

24 hours in the desert with a huge fire, sleeping bags and snacks?

Challenging strippers to strip...did the producers actually think they might NOT do it?

What is next, challenging Dione to panhandle on the streets of Las Vegas? Oh, wait...

I doubt anyone goes home over a challenge.

Not much of a comment on the blowup. Think a lot of that was alcohol fueled because the next day everyone seemed pretty sorry for it except for...well, Jenna.

And we do have one thing to be thankful for. Amanda wasn't cast as a roommate. I would NOT be able to watch the whole season. She wins the award for most obnoxious guest EVER in a Real World house. Stomping around waking people up? Yeah, complete attention whore.

I feel bad I am looking forward to seeing Jenna get dragged next week....but damn, sometimes people just deserve it. Sadly, this will just reinforce her opinions...she will take ZERO responsibility in it.

• Love 4

Burned through both episodes on DVR, and I still have to view the After Show. Why? Because I hate myself. I knew Dylan was going to be an asshole from the first week special, and boy, he did not disappoint. Or is his name "Dlyan," BMP editors? Nice that Jenna will have somebody to talk to, because she really needs a friend. Maybe she won't alienate him quickly. Honestly, if CT showed up for the express purpose of beating the living shit out of Dylan for disgracing Boston, would that be a bad thing?

Here are my rankings:

1. Sabrina (minimal drama)

2. Ceejai (though going after Jenna for undertipping is like chasing Al Capone for tax evasion)

3. Dean (dude took to the carny lifestyle a little too easily)

4. Chris (hey, he hasn't done anything stupid since trying to teach Jenna a lesson)

5. Kailah (whatever)

6. Jenna (trainwreck)

7. Dione (grotesque parody of a human being; will probably be embraced by MTV and/or BMP for years to come)

Really, I feel that BMP is casting strictly to shoehorn roommates into old roles. Chris is an exception for being pansexual, but here's what goes through my head:

"So I'm going through a divorce and-" "Stop. Perfect. You're Black Steven." "I saw that season. He sucked a lot of ass." "We'll figure something out. How do you feel about silverware getting thrown at you?"

"Yeah, I'm a Mormon-" "You're in. You're gonna be Southern Julie!" "But I don't have the eyes-wide-open innocence thing going for me." "Let us worry about that. Ever piss on an enemy's bed?"

Thought while seeing Amanda: "If her last name is 'Rainey,' I would not be surprised."

• Love 2

^^as long as Dean wasn't trying to panhandle I'll give him a pass.  

In spite of all the explanations I still don't understand what the carney lifestyle is.....because my impression was that carnies worked at carnivals for a living.  So, I don't see how the carney lifestyle involves being jobless, I thought carnies worked pretty hard.  I watched every episode of Carnivale on HBO, and it looked very different from Dione's lifestyle.

• Love 4

Hey, somebody else who watched Carnivale! Man, what I wouldn't give for Brother Justin to use his freaky powers to mess with this cast. Heck, I'd settle for Clancy Brown dope-slapping Dione really hard.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Little Spoon said:

I don't think race was an issue when kailah called out Dean. He was being loud and obnoxious. She called him out because he was acting out of character. 

I don't think race was an issue when she called him out in the van.  But I don't think it had anything to do with Dean being loud and obnoxious either.  I think Kahliah is just hurt that she wasn't invited out with the "cool kids."

In reality, I think its a mistaken notion that people are always one way....which is their "real self."  I think I'm always myself, but I act different around my parents than I act around my friends, and I act different around my boss than I act around my parents, different sets of friends bring out different sides of me.  This is why I have some friends for partying and some friends that I would just sit down and talk with.

• Love 6

I can't stand CeeJai and the way she always gets in Jenna's business, makes everything about race and yells all the damn time. smh. She is not going to make a good lawyer. lol.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, RCharter said:

I think Kahliah is just hurt that she wasn't invited out with the "cool kids."

I seriously doubt Kailah wanted to be included with the "carnies." They were beyond annoying. Kailah was disgusted with their over-the-top behavior and was probably jealous that Dean went along with THAT group instead of HER group.

Speaking of jealous.....i wonder if Sabrina is jealous that all the guys go after Kailah and Jenna, not her. I seem to remember from her audition video that she thought of herself as quite a hottie.

Another thing, Ceejai is getting on my nerves.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Hiacios said:

I can't stand CeeJai and the way she always gets in Jenna's business, makes everything about race and yells all the damn time. smh. She is not going to make a good lawyer. lol.

Thank you!  I feel the exact same way. 

She is one whose personality ranges from intellectual to immature brat. A lawyer who fights for people's rights, but poops with the door open. 

And her short hair on the After Show really ages her.

• Love 3
Just now, Little Spoon said:

I seriously doubt Kailah wanted to be included with the "carnies." They were beyond annoying. Kailah was disgusted with their over-the-top behavior and was probably jealous that Dean went along with THAT group instead of HER group.

Speaking of jealous.....i wonder if Sabrina is jealous that all the guys go after Kailah and Jenna, not her. I seem to remember from her audition video that she thought of herself as quite a hottie.

Another thing, Ceejai is getting on my nerves.

She did....she was sitting right there with Sabrina and Jenna and was acting butt hurt at them not inviting her out and proceeded to bitterly talk shit.  She was like "did they even invite you to go to X place with them?" and once she realized that she was left out she was a bitter betty and began her shit talking, which mostly revolved around Dionne. 

Myself, I wouldn't want to be out with anyone calling themselves a carny, but Khaliah has made it clear that she wants to be included in the "cool kids" and has a problem with being left out.  And for whatever reason, she considers Dean, Ceejai and Dionne the cool kids.  

Sabrina may be jealous, but I'm sure she has had to deal with those feelings for a lifetime.  I just don't understand why they can't bring other dudes to the house, she seemed so sexually free that I thought she would be out meeting boys and bringing them back to the house....or at least going out on a few dates.  She wears too much makeup though....and that is real talk, its too much and its too dark for her coloring.

I'm fine with Ceejai, because I get where she is coming from and to me, she makes a lot of sense.  She was clearly drunk as a skunk, and had she been sober she could have articulated better....but I thought it was BS that Jenna was going to call up the specter of the angry black man that is going to harm the little white woman when Chris came at her twice as hard and she said nothing.

I mean, if Jenna's reasoning is that she is fearful of men because her mother was abused, it stands to reason that her mother was abused by a white dude.  So, she should be scared of all men....or white men, because I doubt her mom was messing around with a black man.  So, she should have been more scared of Chris than she was of Dean. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Little Spoon said:

I know Dylan is from Boston but i coulda have sworn he had some sort of foreign  accent when he first arrived. I thought he was Australian.  

I thought the exact same thing. lol.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, RCharter said:

She did....she was sitting right there with Sabrina and Jenna and was acting butt hurt at them not inviting her out and proceeded to bitterly talk shit.  She was like "did they even invite you to go to X place with them?" and once she realized that she was left out she was a bitter betty and began her shit talking, which mostly revolved around Dionne. 

Myself, I wouldn't want to be out with anyone calling themselves a carny

Maybe she wants to be invited, but would politely decline. ?

And yeah, who knew people actually LIKE being called a carny, much less refer to themselves as "the carny queen".

• Love 1

I don't get the whole carny thing or what they are supposed to be other then fools. lol. Kailah was such a bad liar on the after show, trying to act like she didn't care about Dionne and what he does with his personal life. smh.

Dean had no business butting in on Jenna's conversation with the other girls and was way out of line getting in her face like that. I know some of you guys are saying that Jenna didn't feel threaten when Chris did that to her, but you have to remember that she is used to Chris being mean and disrespectful to her, so when Dean acted that way I think that shocked her because she's used to Dean being nice to her. Dean is way more scarier when he's mad then Chris is.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Hiacios said:

Dean had no business butting in on Jenna's conversation with the other girls and was way out of line getting in her face like that. I know some of you guys are saying that Jenna didn't feel threaten when Chris did that to her, but you have to remember that she is used to Chris being mean and disrespectful to her, so when Dean acted that way I think that shocked her because she's used to Dean being nice to her. Dean is way more scarier when he's mad then Chris is.

I honestly think its a sign that Dean actually cares.  He was annoyed that he has been trying and trying with Jenna and she is like a brick wall and so it frustrates him.  For my part, I generally don't get upset about people I don't care about....thats just me.   I'll tell them something but if they don't listen...whatever, no skin off my back because they don't matter to me, so I could care less about what happens to them.

Chris had been Jenna's advocate before he got upset and started yelling at her and getting in her face.  She never told him anything.  She should have been even more shocked at Chris, because he had been the only one to stand up for her when Khaliah was yelling to Jenna that no one liked her.  Right up until that point that Chris lost it with Jenna, he was very nice to her.

I don't understand why Dean is scarier than Chris.  They are both men that tower over Jenna.  So the "big bad man" logic should apply to both or neither.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 4

Why were they all getting mad at Jenna, though? Because she didn't want to pole dance? She gave the reason that there was no pole so carny queen told her to dance on the table.  Jenna still didn't want to.

Or was it because Jenna isn't having any 'fun' because she has a boyfriend back home? 

If Jenna doesn't want to partake in their "fun" activities, so be it. There's no need to verbally attack her for it.

Jenna is far from perfect, but I always find it distasteful when a group bands together in continual attack of an isolated individual.  It's immature and cruel behavior, reminiscent of Lord of the Flies.  It's not a good look for the group.  In fact, such bullying often tends to have the opposite effect in making their victim appear sympathetic.  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, RCharter said:

I honestly think its a sign that Dean actually cares.  He was annoyed that he has been trying and trying with Jenna and she is like a brick wall and so it frustrates him.  For my part, I generally don't get upset about people I don't care about....thats just me.   I'll tell them something but if they don't listen...whatever, no skin off my back because they don't matter to me, so I could care less about what happens to them.

Chris had been Jenna's advocate before he got upset and started yelling at her and getting in her face.  She never told him anything.  She should have been even more shocked at Chris, because he had been the only one to stand up for her when Khaliah was yelling to Jenna that no one liked her.  Right up until that point that Chris lost it with Jenna, he was very nice to her.

I don't understand why Dean is scarier than Chris.  They are both men that tower over Jenna.  So the "big bad man" logic should apply to both or neither.

Chris told everybody that he was an atheist and that he left the church pretty much right off the bat, so Jenna was never really close to him to begin with. Dean has talked to Jenna one on one numerous time and stayed at the house with her and got to know her more when everybody else went out partying. If you think that Chris is as scary as Dean then you would be in a very small group of people that think that. I don't think that Chris is scary at all. lol.

1 hour ago, Hiacios said:

Chris told everybody that he was an atheist and that he left the church pretty much right off the bat, so Jenna was never really close to him to begin with. Dean has talked to Jenna one on one numerous time and stayed at the house with her and got to know her more when everybody else went out partying. If you think that Chris is as scary as Dean then you would be in a very small group of people that think that. I don't think that Chris is scary at all. lol.

Jenna was pretty close to Chris when he was the only one who stood up for her when Kalihah was yelling at her and said that no one in the house liked her.  They spend the entire night together talking on those ridiculous hoverboards while the rest of the group went out.

I think that if you're scared of men bigger than you, you should be scared of all men bigger than you...not just the ones that are darker than you.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Little Spoon said:

Why were they all getting mad at Jenna, though? Because she didn't want to pole dance? She gave the reason that there was no pole so carny queen told her to dance on the table.  Jenna still didn't want to.

Or was it because Jenna isn't having any 'fun' because she has a boyfriend back home? 

If Jenna doesn't want to partake in their "fun" activities, so be it. There's no need to verbally attack her for it.

Personally, I wouldn't give two shits, she is annoying and cheap, so let her stay home and eat peanut butter and jelly with her fucked up teeth.  

But they seem to care enough to want her to have some fun and appreciate an experience she won't get again.  I have no idea why any of them care about her, but I guess they do.

Its like me going on a cruise.....I would care to try to get my sister to get out and enjoy the activities off the ship....but some random homophobic racist with a messed up grill?  Nope, don't care....that bitch can stay on the boat.

But again, I only get upset when I care -- people I don't care about are rarely worth raising my blood pressure over.

1 hour ago, Fouts said:

Jenna is far from perfect, but I always find it distasteful when a group bands together in continual attack of an isolated individual.  It's immature and cruel behavior, reminiscent of Lord of the Flies.  It's not a good look for the group.  In fact, such bullying often tends to have the opposite effect in making their victim appear sympathetic.  

She brings it on herself, so I don't see her as a victim at all.  The fact that she has managed to manipulate her assholery into victim status makes me dislike her even more.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Hiacios said:

Nah, Chris was her only advocate at the beginning in the house...they would stay in together when others when out and spend the nights chatting.  Then it went all bad.  So, it is no different...other than Chris is pasty white and Dean is a dark skinned black man.  Jenna takes Chris getting right in her face, pointing his finger in her face and following her around confronting her...and doesn't say it makes her think she is going to be choked and thrown around the room.  But Dean...not so much.  It's blatant racism.  Because Jenna is an advertisement for racism.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, RCharter said:

Personally, I wouldn't give two shits, she is annoying and cheap, so let her stay home and eat peanut butter and jelly with her fucked up teeth.  But they seem to care enough to want her to have some fun and appreciate an experience she won't get again.  I have no idea why any of them care about her, but I guess they do.

I don't think they care. Carny Queen demanded she pole dance solely for her own entertainment. Like a king (in this case, queen) being entertained by the court jester.

The others just use the fact that she doesn't join in their tomfoolery as a point of contention.  She's sitting on the couch not saying anything racist? Eh, let's pick on her for being boring.

• Love 3

Not to defend Jenna too much here, but we don't know whether or not she said the same thing to Chris after he confronted her.  I actually thought it was pretty mature of her to pull Dean aside (instead of making a big scene in front of the group) and explain that she didn't mind his having a problem with her but that the physical aggression touched a nerve for her.  And it could just be my read of the later scene between Ceejai and Dean, but I didn't get the impression Dean thought it was racist until Ceejai started characterizing it that way.

No doubt Jenna has skewed views on race, but it's possible she didn't mean that particular comment to be racist.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, rwgrab said:

And it could just be my read of the later scene between Ceejai and Dean, but I didn't get the impression Dean thought it was racist until Ceejai started characterizing it that way.

Ceejai always turns it into an argument about race. I bet if she was competiting in this season of The Challenge she would start a fight because the black skull is the bad one.

1 hour ago, rwgrab said:

Not to defend Jenna too much here, but we don't know whether or not she said the same thing to Chris after he confronted her.  I actually thought it was pretty mature of her to pull Dean aside (instead of making a big scene in front of the group) and explain that she didn't mind his having a problem with her but that the physical aggression touched a nerve for her.  And it could just be my read of the later scene between Ceejai and Dean, but I didn't get the impression Dean thought it was racist until Ceejai started characterizing it that way.

No doubt Jenna has skewed views on race, but it's possible she didn't mean that particular comment to be racist.

She has mentioned to the cameras that she grew up in an abusive home and it was a trigger for her. I don't think the roommates know about that though. The fact she closed herself off from everyone because they won't accept her racism as funny, led Ceejay to assume it was more racist spouting on Jenna's part. Also most of them were super drunk and slurring their words. Anyway, I don't know why I even watch this show. Everyone this season is pretty unlikable in their own way. I did have a good laugh when the carnie queen had her face wedged between Dean and Ceejay's during their break down. Any time to be on camera is a good time for her, even a totally inappropriate one.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Little Spoon said:

Ceejai always turns it into an argument about race. I bet if she was competiting in this season of The Challenge she would start a fight because the black skull is the bad one.

I don't think she does, I simply think that some things are pretty racist and she points them out.  

Ceejai is in the house and if she says that Jenna never had that "discussion" with Chris -- then I'm inclined to believe that the discussion never happened since it hasn't been shown and Ceejai was saying it never happened.  

I'm not going to assume that something happened that I didn't see and that no one talked about.....especially given that Jenna has shown herself to be a racist.

Its unfortunate that a blatant racist and homophobe is seen as some sort of victim.....but she certainly isn't one to me, Jenna has brought all of this on herself.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, rwgrab said:

My rule with reality TV is that I can only trust what I can see or hear.  I didn't see this "conversation" with Chris and Ceejai said it never happened.

People enjoy blaming editing, but if I don't hear about something or see something I'm not going to assume that something happened but was edited out.  Not only was this "discussion with Chris" not on camera, Ceejai said it never happened.  She lives in that house and they all talk to each other, so I would think that she would know, because at the very least, Chris would have told Kahliah (his close friend in the house) because Chris hasn't shown Jenna any sort of respect since he yelled at her so its not like they had a conversation and he changed his stance on her.  He still thinks that Jenna is ridiculous -- therefore, he would be more likely to complain to someone that Jenna pulled him aside and gave him a "talking to."

So, I don't think this phantom conversation with Chris ever happened.

I think that Dean was just put off, because its just more of him having to softshoe for a "little white woman" so she doesn't feel threatened by a "big black" man.  Nothing he did was any worse than what Chris did.....but the minute he shows some anger, he is basically told that he is some monster that is going to choke a woman and throw her across the room.

And given how Jenna is, I completely understand Dean just avoiding her like the plague.  

• Love 2

Dean was clearly bothered by Jenna pulling him aside and telling him that him stepping to her meant that he was going to choke her and throw her across the room...and he said as much in the little comment clip right after the fact.  I don't think Dean didn't realize the racist implication until Ceejai pointed it out...I think Dean is just someone who tries to put his head down and trudge through.  Ceejai wasn't going to let that pass and was going to stand up for her friend....especially with some alcohol confidence.  

I also think Dean's reaction of working it out with Kailah and having no interest in talking it out with Jenna...is telling.  

• Love 6