Type keyword(s) to search

The Legends Continue: Black Sails Actors in Other Roles

A lot of other forums have a thread like this and I thought I'd start one because...

Luke Roberts (Woodes Rogers) was in tonight's Game of Thrones.  It was a minor flashback role but he got to be a total badass, dual wielding swords and taking on five guys at once...it makes me hope Rogers gets to do more physical stuff next season because Luke Roberts can handle it!

• Love 5

Interesting, Luke Roberts has been cast in the lead in a new CBS show.

Black Sails plays fast and loose with history, but only to a certain extent.  In real life, Woodes Rogers beat the pirates, and I don't see them making such a HUGE change to history as to have the pirates win in the end, so I feel like Woodes Rogers is likely to live, at least until the last episode of the show.

Which means either A) the CBS show being only 13 episodes means the shooting schedules don't overlap, or B) those rumors about season 4 of Black Sails being its last might be true (honestly the story is getting close to the point where it makes sense to set up Treasure Island and be done with it - I love the show but I'd rather it go out on a creative high then be stretched on forever).  

I could easily see them finessing history.  Woodes Rogers does live but there's also a period where he leaves Nassau in debt and spends time in debtors prison before coming back for his second term.  I don't think making it happen earlier than it happened in history or possibly as a result of something pirates do would be an incredible stretch.  The fictional characters give the show a lot of leeway.  Plus, Vane was killed earlier and in a different way than it happened in real life.

(edited)
On 6/6/2016 at 0:50 PM, CatMack said:

Which means either A) the CBS show being only 13 episodes means the shooting schedules don't overlap, or B) those rumors about season 4 of Black Sails being its last might be true (honestly the story is getting close to the point where it makes sense to set up Treasure Island and be done with it - I love the show but I'd rather it go out on a creative high then be stretched on forever).  

Now we have our answer. *sob*

I guess we'll see more of these announcements coming out:  Toby Stephens Takes Co-Star Lead Opposite Gerard Butler In ‘Hunter Killer’

ETA:

And here's another:  ‘The 100’ Promotes Zach McGowan to Series Regular for Season 4.  I've been dancing around starting to watch "The 100" due to the mix of very good things and very bad things I've heard about it.

Edited by netlyon2