Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: What Took So Long

Claire finally realizes what Adam and Ben endured when she visits the hell hole-like tomb where they were kept, exploding with grief, anger and frustration. Meanwhile Jane looks to make a getaway as Nina closes in on Doug’s location, and Agent Clements’ time is running out. Hank comes face to face with his inner demons, and one phone call shatters Ben’s world, forcing him to tackle an uncertain destiny.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:51 PM, saoirse said:

. . .forcing him to tackle an uncertain destiny.

No longer so uncertain--it's been canceled.  You need to make this one count, show!

Please don't leave Agent One-Thumb in Bunker Three forever.

• Love 6

I'm assuming the title is a line from Agent Clements to Nina.  Or maybe from Ben to Sally.  

I don't know if I want to see Joan Allen "explode with grief, anger and frustration" in Bunker One.  Hopefully part of her anger is at herself for being a shitty mother, and at her daughter and husband and Nina for framing the wrong guy.  It was like the perfect storm of stupid.  I'll include Hank for confessing to murder.

Maybe she'll explode in anger at the writing.  

Hoping that these terrific actors are given credible work to do in the finale, especially Joan Allen, Andrew McCarty and Rupert Graves. They and we deserve a reasonable ending to this fascinating and complex story that suggests many characters are guilty of serious felonies -- or not?

We know it's been cancelled and are sorry about that but are still hoping the finale brings some resolution to this plot which seems to be a cross between Broadchurch and Political Animals!

• Love 4
(edited)

I knew if anyone would deliver for me, it would be nutty Willa - yes, what a satisfying end to Bridey. And her smugness and ego made it so she didn't even write the story, thinking she was moving onto bigger things with unfettered access to the Governor. So her big story died with her, except I guess her former boss would maybe find her murder suspicious and I would assume she kept notes.

And I totally called Adam still being alive the whole time and that his "death" likely happened the way it did, which is why Ben thought he killed him. I did think it was the two of them who got in a fight but I can see why Ben still felt guilty because he panicked in the moment and allowed Doug to get the upper hand against Adam. Stockholm Syndrome really is something. Faced directly with their best chance to escape and Ben just froze. But I think losing Adam is what finally gave him the will to go through with the escape plan. 

I think the writers did a really good job wrapping up a lot of things and answering a lot of questions while still creating a compelling cliffhanger in case they were picked up for another season. It's a pity they weren't because I really enjoyed the show and would have enjoyed watching it far more than Quantico. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 21

I thought we were supposed to get closure in this episode, or did they just say answers? We know that Adam survived, but I don't think we got answers on anything else. How did Adam stay alive in that other bunker? Why did he go on the run with Jane rather than just call the cops right away? What's up with Hank saving that kid's scarf? Has he actually taken someone else? If Claire was imagining young Adam how did she know he left because the guy had a dog?

I've really been enjoying this show, but it totally sucks it is cancelled with so much still up in the air.

Bridey was an annoying character, but having her killed is not deserved. Willa is just evil to me at this point. And honestly wouldn't Bridey's editor still run her story? Or wonder why she just vanished without turning in her story and suspect foul play?

• Love 3

Ha!  Bridey got her ass killed by Willa!  Now, that's an ironic ending for Bridey.  Really, even if she didn't realize that Willa was a nutter who would totally commit murder for a family, why did she even think Willa was remotely trustworthy?  I'm sure Willa would have always had some kind of back-up plan to screw her over.  Should of just stuck to her journalistic integrity (hee!) and actually run the story.  Farewell, Bridey.  No one will remember you now.

Sweet, I was one of the ones who wondered if Adam was still alive, so it looks like that is the case after-all!  He's with a running Jane now, but judging from that phone conversation, he is so no happy that Ben took his identity.  Uh oh!

So, I guess all the Hank stuff is suppose to be setting him up as potentially becoming the next Doug and no longer resisting his urges.  That's creepy. I wonder where he got all of those other clothes and toys that he hid in the box.

Danny now knows about Ben, so that just leaves John as the only clueless person left in the family.  In other words, Classic John!  But I do wonder what Danny will do now.  And if he starts noticing that Bridey is missing...

At least Nina finally found Clements before it was too late, but I was cracking up over her overdramatic reaction when she finally put the pieces together.  And it was all thanks to The View.  Never knew The View would be useful in saving lives!

Seems like they left plenty of doors open for a potential second season.  Not sure if it will get one.  The casting is amazing (Joan Allen was my personal choice for MVP; especially in this episode), but the writing wasn't the greatest.  But I'll likely be back if it does somehow get renewed.

• Love 5

I think this was the best episode by far; the perfect season-end cliff hanger.  I'm bummed to hear that it didn't get renewed.  At least we know that Adam is alive. I wonder if Jane took care of him secretly, making Doug believe he was dead...??  After all, she kept Clements secretly alive.  Guess we won't know the actual details.

• Love 6

I called Bridey getting whacked, but assumed that it would be next season's mystery, whereas it seems pretty clear that Willa did it. The bunker scene was too long, but I am glad it changed Claire's,mind about Ben. Where has Adam been this whole time? He wasn't in the bunker with the FBI agent, so where did they keep him? And Jane knew this whole time!

Don't do it, Hank! That was my refrain for all his scenes. The collection of kids' stuff was creepy.  Since they were all winter clothes,  they wee all recently collected.

Shooting Doug in the crotch is pretty much what we all wanted to do, so that was satisfying. 

• Love 6

I just read an interview with the show runner.  Season Two would have had a major story line involving Bridey told in flashbacks.
So we'll be missing that awful idea.

As a side note: It has been an a surprising and  gratifying weekend, seeing two rapists get major "groin" injuries.

• Love 4
(edited)

I really wish the show could continue on. I would like to see more of the real Adam and to see Ben reunited with his mother. I also wished they would have shown Ben telling Claire the truth about what happened to Adam so she knows he didn't kill him. Bridey being murdered was just too expected. Honestly, I don't really see Willa as a killer. She is nuts, but I don't know she would commit murder just to have more freedom in the Governor's office.

I didn't understand where Adam was living or how he would have the phone number for his family unless he memorized it and remembered it all these years. Are we supposed to think there was yet another bunker where he was living?

I found the ending with Hank very ambiguous  too. He made the speech about actions making a monster not thoughts and that is true, but then we see him with his collection of kids stuff. What does this all mean?

The final scene of Ben and Adam trying to escape, and Joan Allen in the bunker made me cry. Good show.

Edited by Madding crowd
spellcheck changing things
  • Love 8

It's cancelled?  Well fuck that, what's the use of even discussing it at all?  I thought pockmark was dead lying in the snow, but they are saying there's no proof it's him?  Is he dead or not? Is Adam ashamed to go home?  About time female detective did something right.

• Love 2
(edited)

And Jane knew this whole time!

I actually don't think Jane knew the whole time about Adam. Because she seemed genuinely upset when asking Doug how he could take that boy, after she'd whacked the FBI agent. I think she found Adam on the property when Doug brought them up to the cabin. It looked like there was an outhouse a short distance from the main house and that's where Adam was. 

I thought we were supposed to get closure in this episode, or did they just say answers? We know that Adam survived, but I don't think we got answers on anything else. How did Adam stay alive in that other bunker? Why did he go on the run with Jane rather than just call the cops right away? What's up with Hank saving that kid's scarf? Has he actually taken someone else? If Claire was imagining young Adam how did she know he left because the guy had a dog?

As I noted above, I think the writers were aiming for resolving a number of things but still laying enough ground in the event they got a second season and I think they did a great job of that. We did get answers - we know that Adam didn't die after all and that Ben didn't kill him as he said, but we also got the answer of why Ben thought he killed Adam. I think that also helped explain what many suspected of why Ben lied about Doug in the police line-up. As for Hank's saving the child's scarf, I think all season established that Hank likes little boys, he's just never physically acted on it.

So the scarf and other mementos from other boys are like comfort for him because he was physically attracted to them but just didn't act on it. Personally, the whole time I watched Hank, I felt like we were seeing someone pre-crime. Hank, no matter how many injections, will one day give in to his urges because at the end of the day, he's a pedophile. And I feel like that's what the writers were showing with him and why I for one never liked him or felt bad for him because he always just gave me the creeps. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

I think this was the best episode by far; the perfect season-end cliff hanger.  I'm bummed to hear that it didn't get renewed.  At least we know that Adam is alive. I wonder if Jane took care of him secretly, making Doug believe he was dead...??  After all, she kept Clements secretly alive.  Guess we won't know the actual details.

Yeah, that's the sad part.  I want to know what happened...

• Love 4

I sort of wished the cliffhanger was what the show was about instead of the drawn out drama that was padded out with fillers, that seemed more promising than most of what we were getting.

• Love 5

Willa really is a piece of work.  Her ambition knows no bounds, including murder.  At least Danny realized his sister was not trustworthy and wants nothing to do with her.

Did Nina really not put out an APB on the car Jane is driving?  Surely they would have records of the cars she and Doug own.  Are they not looking for her?

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

I thought pockmark was dead lying in the snow, but they are saying there's no proof it's him?  Is he dead or not?

I was confused by this, too.  He seemed like he'd be pretty dead to me, of blood loss if nothing else.

• Love 2

I think that Clements was referring to the possibility of a criminal case against Doug when he said "There's no proof.  He always sent her in."  Meaning that Clements couldn't ID him as his kidnapper.  I don't think he even knew that Doug was dead at that point.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I think that Clements was referring to the possibility of a criminal case against Doug when he said "There's no proof.  He always sent her in."  Meaning that Clements couldn't ID him as his kidnapper.  I don't think he even knew that Doug was dead at that point.

I'm very confused.  I had a lot going on here while I watched (damn real life getting in the way!), but was Doug dead or not?  I thought he was, but then subsequent conversations (Nina and Clements, Nina and Claire) sounded as though he wasn't.  

And why is it obvious that Willa killed Bridey?  I didn't make that connection at all, so obviously I missed something.

Also - Didn't one of the show's writers say in an interview or a tweet or something that Adam was definitely dead?  I'm pretty sure I read that here.  So is this "Adam" another imposter?  LOL!

I do wish this show would continue.  Maybe it will be picked up somehow by someone, maybe online somewhere.  It was flawed all season for sure, but I enjoyed it and I think the finale did a good job of answering big questions while still leaving some intriguing mysteries not revealed.

• Love 5
(edited)

I knew Ben was innocent, but just felt guilty about being too afraid to help Adam in that split second.  It's also interesting to see that Adam looked down on Ben more then a little bit when he first arrived.  I really wish that stupid cliffhanger where A was alive could have been edited out since the show was cancelled!  Not only is it pointless, it's also overkill since it leads us away from the fact that Willa just murdered Bridley and dumped her body in the woods.  That was enough to be hanging over the 'happy family' moment at the end, we didn't need this pathetic cheese. 

I'm glad there isn't a second season, since obviously it wouldn't have focused on Ben actually recovering from this severe trauma and trying to find a way forward.  It would have continued to be the same cliched, unbelievable crap it always was.

Edited by Glade
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I think losing Adam is what finally gave him the will to go through with the escape plan. 

I think the writers did a really good job wrapping up a lot of things and answering a lot of questions while still creating a compelling cliffhanger in case they were picked up for another season. It's a pity they weren't because I really enjoyed the show and would have enjoyed watching it far more than Quantico. 

What exactly was Ben's successful escape plan/how did he finally get out? Did we ever see that? I watched every episode and I don't remember that question being satisfactorily answered.

I absolutely agree that this show deserved renewal more than Quantico. I would have shown up for a 2nd season of this, but I think I will be AWOL from Quantico.

4 hours ago, nara said:

I called Bridey getting whacked, but assumed that it would be next season's mystery, whereas it seems pretty clear that Willa did it.

4 HOURS AGO, MOLSHOOP SAID:

I just read an interview with the show runner.  Season Two would have had a major story line involving Bridey told in flashbacks.

That would have been awful — really, a focus on the Bridey character even after she's dead, when Adam has just revealed himself as still alive? Plus, Jane emerged over the course of the show as pretty darned fascinating.

But I don't think Willa would have turned out to be the killer — I think it would have been a plot twist for the alcoholic big brother to have some meaningful role to play.

Edited by Margherita Erdman
  • Love 9

I missed the first 7 minutes --maybe that's why I don't know what Willa was apologizing to her brother Danny for?

This was such a weird show in that once in a while there would be a great scene like Hank and John trying to parse pedophilia, followed by  bloody body parts from a drive-in crime movie, smack up against a car ad, then a 10 minute long shot of Joan Allen dressed in white speaking to a crowd dressed entirely in black, followed by the obligatory frieze frame of a dead corrupt lesbian. And how many dungeons are there in that little town?

Probably the Deciders were all sitting in a room binging on last few episodes and their heads spun out of control. It would be great if we could get a debriefing from showrunner and writers?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, albaniantv said:

I missed the first 7 minutes --maybe that's why I don't know what Willa was apologizing to her brother Danny for?

Ben told Danny that he wasn't Adam and (presumably, though we weren't shown the whole conversation) that Willa had set the whole thing up.

1 hour ago, albaniantv said:

This was such a weird show

I totally agree... And yet for me it got more and more watchable every week, until by the end I wasn't hate watching but actually looking forward to seeing what was going on with the bonkers storyline and the few characters who became compelling in a crazy kind of way — Jane, FBI guy, control freak Governor Mom, sad pathological liar Ben, and, shockingly enough, even, by the end, Willa, whose mask had cracked enough and humor and compassion had begun to seep through that I actually kind of liked her (as a character, anyway — IRL I think I'd still consider her as warm and trustworthy as a rattlesnake)

• Love 6

It seems more likely that Danny may have killed Bridey, since Willa was hopelessly in love with her. Her giving Bridey "total access" to the Warrens also meant that they could carry on their affair even after moving to the governor's mansion.

Ben's escape plan was to starve himself until his hands could slip out of the "bracelets" and then overpower Doug, which it turned out that he needed the "death" of Adam to have the nerve to carry out. I agree that Stockholm syndrome probably had much to do with his inability to help Adam subdue Doug or to ID Doug in the line-up.

Agent Clements and Adam both made remarkable recoveries from their injures without any medical care.

Hank collects souvenirs from his close encounters. Does that include that boy's bike? The box of "treasures" shows that Hank has had many close encounters, many or most that he didn't initiate, presumedly without ever doing anything inappropriate. And people still think "lusting in your heart" alone should be a capital offense.

A prime time soap with endless mysteries and plot twists (or plot holes, depending on how charitable you are), but too few likeable characters (likeable actors, though), just Paulines in peril. Not enough audience for a broadcast network, but a good filler until something else comes along.

• Love 4

It would have been a lot better show if they had let us know about halfway through that Adam was still alive and not waited til the very end of the show (now series)...  It makes it a lot more interesting to think about...  Its surprising to me that this was his mother's first trip to the place where he was held.  I am not a mother but it seems like something you'd want to do for closure. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

Also - Didn't one of the show's writers say in an interview or a tweet or something that Adam was definitely dead?  I'm pretty sure I read that here.  So is this "Adam" another imposter?  LOL!

Let's say Jenna Bans lied ^^

• Love 2
12 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Bye Bye Birdey, not broken up over that! I too wish this show had been renewed instead. There just weren't enough pretty people with luxurious hair to compete with "Quantico" I guess.

I do appreciate them trying to tie up some loose ends. but I am disappointed we won't be able to see Adam try to get home. I agree this show would have been more compelling if that reveal of Adam and seeing Ben's reaction would have been good about half way through the season. Would have added whole new way for the show to go, more tension and suspense as well.

• Love 2

And why is it obvious that Willa killed Bridey?  I didn't make that connection at all, so obviously I missed something.

I think Willa would be a prime suspect, but the way this show is written, I would not be surprised if someone else turned out to have killed Bridey.  Like others mentioned, Danny kind of vanished during the last half of the season, so perhaps this was how they planned to give him more to do.   

• Love 1

Writing, rehearsing, shooting and editing take time, so the series probably wrapped long before the axe fell. Still, it should be noted that Charles Dickens wrote and published his novels in serial form and was influenced by public reaction as each chapter was published. So I have to wonder if the fates of Doug, Bridey and Adam were the result of popular demand and not according to the original storyline. As the saying goes, "Things change."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

Yes!  Willa's flashbacks of Bridey just mean she knows that Bridey is dead, not that she killed her necessarily.  I think Ben did it.  When Willa and Claire picked up Ben when he was hitchhiking, he said "I did something."  What did he do?  He didn't shoot Pockmark, Adam did that.  We saw that at the end when Adam told Pockmark's wife that he had to "take care something first" while he was holding a shotgun.  But I guess that was a mystery to be resolved in Season Two.

Too bad, I would have like to watch Adam make his way back to The Family.

• Love 1
(edited)

Here's a nitpick - Clements was back in the police station, with just a sling on his arm, seemingly hours after he was rescued? He should have been in the hospital

I don't think that was a few hours later because when we see him, Clements is telling Nina that the bones they found were not a match for Adam. I'm pretty sure Nina and the other officers found those bones well after they'd gotten Clements to a hospital, presumably when they did a second search of the property, now having solid proof that Doug and Jane, to be honest, were guilty. And I don't think forensic on bones come back immediately, not to mention Nina also took the time to ask Claire for her DNA so they could confirm whether or not it was Adam. So I'm pretty sure it had to have been at least a month or so when Clements showed up in that scene. 

I think Willa would be a prime suspect, but the way this show is written, I would not be surprised if someone else turned out to have killed Bridey.  

I don't doubt for a second that if the show had been given a second season the writers would throw a twist or curveball to suggest Willa wasn't guilty because she seems so obvious. As to those wondering why some thought it was her, it's because the camera had a close-up of her face while Claire was giving her acceptance speech, right before they showed Willa's dead body right near where Adam and Ben were held. 

Its surprising to me that this was his mother's first trip to the place where he was held.  I am not a mother but it seems like something you'd want to do for closure. 

I'm pretty sure Claire was there, along with John, when Nina and the cops brought Ben (pretending to be Adam) to ID the location as the place where he was held. At the time Claire didn't want to go in, so John went in with Ben. 

And people still think "lusting in your heart" alone should be a capital offense.

I don't think lusting in one's heart alone should be a capital offense but I do think that scene and frankly everything with Hank showed an individual with very sick, disturbing and yes illegal compulsions who just hasn't acted on them yet. However, I believe that it is simply a matter of when. It's like what Ben told Danny, when telling him Adam being kidnapped wasn't his fault even if he walked away and left Adam solely on Willa's account. He told Danny that if it hadn't been then, it would have simply been another time because Doug had made up his mind to take Adam. In my opinion, Hank is Doug pre-crime - one day he will not be able to fight his urges, just like the moment when he gave into it slightly by pleasuring himself in a park while watching little boys. 

What exactly was Ben's successful escape plan/how did he finally get out? Did we ever see that?

Yes in Episode 7 - they showed a flashback of the whole moment, where Doug commented on Ben's not eating after Ben was asking about what happened to Adam. And then you saw Ben pulling his hand out of the chain, which is why it was all bloodied when he first met Willa and then he whacked Doug with the chain when his back was turned. It was actually one of the most tense and harrowing moments from the whole season.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

This was not a good show. It's hard to count the number of things that were wrong with it...and yet, I loved it, mainly because of Willa Warren. I get that if there was a S2 there probably would have been a whole "Who Killed Bridey?" mystery where the strong implication in this episode that it was Willa would have just turned out to be a red herring, but since the show is cancelled I'm fine with just going with that implication and having it be Willa. The way the ep cut between Willa tearing up and Bridey's lifeless body as Claire spoke about the necessity of sacrifice adds another twisted layer of nuance to Willa's character and is a fitting end for her and her story with Bridey. It's so much more interesting for her to be the killer (I doubt she did it with her own two hands - she made a call to her co-conspirators to have it done) than for anyone else, like boring Danny, to be, that I'm just sticking with it as my personal canon.

So, in that light: Bridey really should have listened to herself when she asked why Willa would give up control, the one thing that makes her happy, and packed up and gotten the hell out of there. Willa already knew she couldn't trust Bridey; we saw her constantly lie to and keep secrets from Bridey. But it was still a big deal for Willa to be involved with Bridey at all. She had a soft spot for the woman. Not enough of one to let herself be owned, however. Bridey went from being amusing to being a major inconvenience to Willa and she had to go. Even paying Bridey off with eight years of exclusive access to stories about the governor wasn't enough, because that's only for eight years: Bridey could have still gone with the Adam-is-not-Adam story after that.

• Love 5

Totally thought the finale was crap.  Was I the only one who thought there was an ungodly amount of commercials...like twice what they normally had?  I'm guessing they had to do a hatchet job on the finale because they were pretty sure the show was being cancelled.  It deserved to be cancelled, but they could have done a better job.  So many things that didn't either make sense or need to even occur, but this is my biggest one:

- What was the point of Hank?  Bear with me on this, because I know everyone likes Andrew McCarthy.  But except for the first couple episodes, which had great character development and we saw all this backstory in prison and there were tons of questions about if he really took Adam or not, the writers did nothing further with him.  Along about episode 4, I started noticing that all his scenes were self-contained...in other words, they didn't progress or even affect the rest of the storylines.  Oh sure, he had arguments with John and Claire when they took their trash out, and you could see he was struggling with his pedophlia (not sure that's a word) but the writers never decided on what they wanted to do with him EXCEPT show that he didn't take Adam.  This show had waaayyy too many characters, so the airtime wasted on Hank eating cake and Hank cleaning off his garage door was especially annoying.  I thought Hank discovering the abductor was Doug was ingenious and was really expecting the character to become an instant celebrity.  But they do nothing with it.  All this promise and nothing.  And so last night, with the finale, I thought we would finally get some reason why Hank is a main character.  But what do we get?  Another long scene of Hank struggling with good vs evil, taking a kid home in his car and nothing happened.  Again.  A good 5 minutes wasted which could have gone to further another story or two.  Hank needed to be written off the show around episode 3, IMO.   I can only assume Andrew McCarthy wanted to play this character and the show really wanted Andrew McCarthy.  No surprise.  I guess they wanted Zach Gilford, too, but then did nothing with his character either. 

-One unrelated thing....the show heard our cries and killed off Bridey....but did they have to do it in the finale?  Couldn't they have done it sooner?  Hell yes, Willa did it.  And if the show got another season, I believe Danny would have been charged with it.    

• Love 3

I guess I'm confused about where Adam had been for the past three months and when exactly Jane met him but now we'll never known. 

For all its quirks and faults this has been a fun show to watch. It never dragged and kept me engaged the whole way.

One of the strangest quirks is the way the local newspaper seems like it's stuck in the 1970s. Bridey keeps talking to her boss about a front page story "above the fold" as if that's a thing anymore - if this story broke it would go viral from their website, not the print edition. I suppose they also employ child barkers to stand on street corners and shout "Extry! Extry! Read all about it! Governor's son not really her son!"

• Love 10

LOL Monrey, I thought the same about Bridey's obsession with getting on the front page.  'I get the front page AND a byline.'   If she had any talent she would have made the front page many times.    

• Love 2

So, so bad.  

The writer had to lie to the press and say Adam was definitely dead to try to trick viewers into guessing the very obvious twist wasn't coming.  When it was.  Wow, clever, that Bans.  It's almost like an actual, surprising twist.  Not.  

Ha, Bridey got killed.  I guessed "Bridey stabbed in an alley" as the seed for season 2.    

No explanation for Hank's Clorox moment.  

Nothing for Gilford to do.  

So Jane blew off Doug's junk and he lived?  Do the writers know there are these two things called femoral arteries in the groin and if you knick one, you bleed out in moments?  

They couldn't prove Doug did this, because Clements never saw him?  The fact he was Jane's boyfriend and the #1 suspect means nothing?  

There was a fourth bunker.  Of course.  I guess Adam lived in an outhouse in rural Maine for months.  

I need to just stick to cable dramas, I think.  I can't take the stupidity.  

I'm glad that I stuck with it and watched it all, and I would like to see more of it, but I'm glad it's over too. 

I thought Adam killed Pocky.  Anyway, that was well done. 

What a waste of Zach Gilford.  The actors all did good jobs with what they were given.

• Love 1
(edited)

At first I thought maybe Doug was dead.  I don't know why Nina would care about convicting a dead man or locking him in a small cage, though.

I don't understand why Jane would take Adam.  If you're going to run from the criminal and his aftermath, why take one victim and leave one?  Because she needed a sitter?  I guess the fact that she's running at all implies she's more guilty than she's let on, and may be one of Adam's captors.  So all that scene of her supposedly realizing Doug's a monster was just more misdirection.  If she too is a monster, she would take Doug and kill Clements.  I guess when you need to create suspense and drama and have little writing skills, you just write the character both ways.  

Edited by Guest

I thought Adam killed Pocky.  Anyway, that was well done. 

He did. Or at least that's how I read the scene. Jane told him they had to leave now, he said there was one thing he had to do first and we see him cock the gun. And considering Jane had a baby strapped to her front, I'm going with the likelihood that it was Adam who was able to handle a rifle well enough to shoot Doug squarely in his balls. 

YMMV but why are so many confused about the bleach moment with Hank? Am I the only one who just always figured that was because, as we saw in flashbacks, Adam had been in Hank's shed repeatedly and so he did that to erase any fingerprints or DNA of Adam's that may be found. Yes he didn't hurt him but he quickly realized everyone suspected he did and finding Adam's DNA in the shed, where he'd been hanging out with him repeatedly without Adam's parents knowing, would not be good for Hank.

• Love 5

I really enjoyed this show! It was schlocky but actually pretty interesting and entertaining. And with Adam alive, I think there's more story to tell. It would be interesting to see his relationship with Ben. Anyway, I'm sad it's over.

55 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Yes!  Willa's flashbacks of Bridey just mean she knows that Bridey is dead, not that she killed her necessarily.  I think Ben did it.  When Willa and Claire picked up Ben when he was hitchhiking, he said "I did something."  What did he do?

He told Danny that he's not Adam.

54 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

In my opinion, Hank is Doug pre-crime - one day he will not be able to fight his urges, just like the moment when he gave into it slightly by pleasuring himself in a park while watching little boys. 

I think Hank is pretty much doomed to give in to his "desires" at some point, because he has already decided to start skipping the "chemical castration" shots. So I agree that he's a "pre-crime" pedophile right now.

But I don't think he and Doug are exactly the same. Doug doesn't seem to be fighting some perverted desire, he seems to *enjoy* victimizing people, and he's only a pedophile inasmuch as his "type" happens to be skinny, white, brunette little boys (for whatever cockamamie psychological reason). I think that he could have a different "type" (young women, or old men, or WHOEVER), and he would essentially be doing the same thing (attacking and victimizing people), and getting off in the same way. I think that for Hank, the impossibility of consensual sex is a torment, whereas for Doug, being in the position of victimizing people is part of the draw. I think that was part of the point of that "rape" conversation between Hank and Adam's dad.

11 hours ago, Glade said:

I knew Ben was innocent, but just felt guilty about being too afraid to help Adam in that split second.  It's also interesting to see that Adam looked down on Ben more then a little bit when he first arrived.

I thought that Adam's contempt toward Ben was interesting, too. And Adam also seemed to direct a lot of his anger at Ben later on, when they were older. If Adam dealt with his anger/fear/pain at his situation by taking it out on Ben, and essentially lashed out at and bullied him, maybe Ben really did hate and fear Adam to a certain extent?

Maybe that was part of what kept him from jumping into the fight between Adam and Doug? Although Ben seems so passive and cautious, I would have expected him to have a hard time jumping into a fight like that in any case.

• Love 7

FTR, when I say Hank is Doug pre-crime, I just mean in relation to violating young boys, not necessarily that their crimes will be exactly the same and Hank will kidnap a young boy and lock him up for a decade. 

For the most part, I enjoyed the finale, and wish this show had gotten a season two over the craptastic, over the top Quantico. It did set up potentially interesting stories for season two. I prefer to think Willa killed Bridey, just because that is a much more interesting character development than if someone else killed Bridey (at least to me it is). I am not surprised to see that Adam still alive, regardless of what the writer said earlier about him being dead. But I really don't understand why Adam would go with Jane at all. He clearly isn't suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, and I can't imagine Jane getting  the upper hand on him. And now we will never know, though I can't imagine the answer being all that plausible (but it would likely have been entertaining).

• Love 2