Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: Only You / S05.E23: An Untold Story

• Start Topic

The New York Public Library (stand-in, but supposed to be that) allowing two random teens in a rare book room unsupervised. Because that would happen, NEVER!! (Not even at your local library would they be allowed to do this, especially not carrying in book bags or whatever).

That was completely unrealistic. The Rare Book room contains, as its name suggest, rare books. One has to treat them very carefully, not toss them around the desks like those two were. And there have been incidents where people have gone into rare book rooms and removed pages to sell. So, librarians are pretty careful about them.

And then Henry used a rare book to smash a display case and steal an artifact. Some librarian is going to have some explaining to do.

LOL at Henry breaking into Grandpa's safe again to steal money. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. He obviously thinks that heroes steal instead of getting day-jobs. So, Henry ran all the way to the town line with the crystal before Rumple could stop him? He should have at least stolen a car.

Too bad Tamara didn't explain her magic-destroying secret to Neal. They could have teamed up. She might have noticed the grail he sat in front of for months while he read all the books in the library (I love how Henry tells Violet to carefully read every page of a big pile of books and then to read them again. He then gets frustrated they haven't solved the problem in a few hours. How long does he think it takes to read every page in room full of books? How did he think he was going to find how to destroy magic in a few hours when a lifetime was not enough time for his dad?)

A few weeks ago, we had a True Love test when our hero had to choose between saving her own heart or tackling the man she loves. She proved her love by tackling him. This week, we saw Rumple have to choose between a chunk of magical crystal and his wife in a box. He chose the crystal and lost his wife through a portal. On another show, that might have meant something (i.e. Rumple does not truly love Belle), but on this show, it probably means nothing.

• Love 9

So if all these other fantasy characters have now shown up in Storybrooke, I know someone who would be perfect for a small town in Maine.  Pennywise! 

"We all float down here, Henry!"

• Love 8

I laughed so hard at the speech that Henry gave next to the fountain. It was just so undeniably bad. 

So many of the storylines on this show would never happen if these idiots would just STOP jumping into every portal they see! 

It was so bad, my husband (who was asleep while I was watching) WOKE UP laughing. Like "What the hell are you watching?"

• Love 1
(edited)

Question - do we think they are just going to play Henry being 15 now and skip over the age thing?  Because on the show he should be "13" and with his mouth and all the shit he pulled in this episode not only would my kid be grounded until he was 18 but he may not be able to sit down for a month!

Edited by tri4335
  • Love 4
(edited)

The Evil Queen thing is very lame. In spoilers, it was pretty clear she would be returning. But we thought Regina would turn into her, not split herself. Like I said in my review post, it's a cop-out for dealing with her redemption. We got that great confession in the apartment scene with Emma, then it was totally underminded by magical shenanigans. In 4x20, Regina learned that she alone was in the way of her happiness. She also concluded that Robin was not her happy ending, rather he just so happened to be in it. She's falling into the same S4 problem again, only instead of an Author, it's Jekyll Juice. Even though she decided time and time again she was in control of her own destiny, everything resets anyway. The writers are retreading old problems they already gave the solution to.

Another thing about the Evil Queen is that she's not that dangerous. There are no real stakes. She's not a real person and more of just a cartoonish entity. All the heroes who have bested her in the past are alive, well, and as powerful as they always have been. And not only that, but Regina and Zelena are on their team now. There's no point in having EQ. She could be any other Big Bad character. Now, if it were Regina reverted, that would be much more interesting and dramatic. But because of the REC, she gets away with her dignity and good standing intact. That's boring.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Another thing about the Evil Queen is that she's not that dangerous. There are no real stakes. She's not a real person and more of just a cartoonish entity.

Here's the thing—she is a real person and her name is Regina. I don't care how much the show tries to beat it over our heads that they're two separate people, the Evil Queen is Regina, she's just her from a couple decades ago. She didn't have some Dark Curse thrust upon her like Rumple, Hook, and Emma that morphed her into a darker entity, her personality is the Evil Queen. It's not a curse.

While I agree that the Evil Queen has morphed into a caricature over the seasons, I think there are some stakes here. Based on the identical scratch Jekyll and Hyde have on their cheeks, I'm assuming whatever you do to someone's alter ego also affects the other. So if they kill the Evil Queen next season, they'll also kill Regina because they're technically still the same person.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, tri4335 said:

Question - do we think they are just going to play Henry being 15 now and skip over the age thing?  Because on the show he should be "13" and with his mouth and all the shit he pulled in this episode not only would my kid be grounded until he was 18 but he may not be able to sit down for a month!

that's the thing that bugged me. like. Henry isn't this cute little 10 year old( he was 10 at the start right?) who was "sweet" and believed and just wanted to save magic. this kid decided to play god. And the fact he at least didn't get verbally blistered is beyond me. 

Which - is something I wish the Apprentice wasn't dead. Because the last thing (one of anyway) he said was the reason why the Author was locked up and went evil, was because he started to write whatever he wanted - he stopped recording. and because Henry decided to throw a hissy fit, he stole the Crystal, and unilaterally decided all magic was bad, so screw everyone. Honestly, it was that point where Regina (who has some experience in this sort of thing) should have laid out the business of "you don't have the right to decide everyone's fate. Been there, done that it's horrible"  Rumpy is evil and boo hoo. Regina "struggles" with being evil, and whatever. Emma is magic, and that's not bad. Emma (as someone pointed out) is basically the living embodiment of magic, and that's not bad. I know he didn't know about the evacuation, [that he caused], but what about the fairies, and the Dwarves, and aren't they still trying to plant magic beans? 

my hope is that one time there's someone who comes to Storybrooke and lays the business on these people for their penchant of playing gods. (which is the irony, because then that person would be playing god by punishing them), but it will be okay because then almost everyone would be gone and life is wonderful. 

• Love 3

Jekyll and Hyde got the scratch when they were still sharing the same body though. I'm not sure killing the EQ would harm Regina, but my guess is that she can't really be destroyed anyway. I think they're going to end up rejoining both Jekyll and Hyde and Regina and EQ. 

• Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Curio said:

While I agree that the Evil Queen has morphed into a caricature over the seasons, I think there are some stakes here. Based on the identical scratch Jekyll and Hyde have on their cheeks, I'm assuming whatever you do to someone's alter ego also affects the other. So if they kill the Evil Queen next season, they'll also kill Regina because they're technically still the same person.

They already "killed" the Evil Queen in the finale and Regina was fine. Jekyll and Hyde shared a scar because they were in the same body when it happened. Regina and EQ are separate by contrast.

Here's the thing—she is a real person and her name is Regina. I don't care how much the show tries to beat it over our heads that they're two separate people, the Evil Queen is Regina, she's just her from a couple decades ago. She didn't have some Dark Curse thrust upon her like Rumple, Hook, and Emma that morphed her into a darker entity, her personality is the Evil Queen. It's not a curse.

I would argue the show is saying yes and no to this. Sometimes they're separate entities (as in this episode), then in others they're products of choices. Evil isn't born, it's made... except when it's not. The show has never consistently decided whether or not characters are responsible for their own evil personas. Realistically, everyone must own everything they've done. There are no excuses. But I'm judging the show's intent, not necessarily what is correct or incorrect.  So while EQ might actually be Regina, she's going to be considered a separate entity (more of a caricature, really) until the moment of truth when Regina absorbs her again. For all intents and purposes until then, she's just a mustache-twirling echo hell-bent on revenge.

Was it me or did the rooftop sitting area look exactly like the one from Emma's NYC apartment?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Sarcastica said:

They really need to start subletting Neal's NYC apartment.

Only way someone will take it is if they tell them it pays for itself, because that apartment is sort of a dump (by my standards at least).

The writing absolutely has to change for Henry in the next season. Or the writing for the adults around will have to change. He's a freaking teenager now. Maybe they don't need to coddle him, maybe they should spell it out for him, and when he talks to one of the adults the way he spoke to Emma, maybe someone should tell him to put a sock in it. And when he runs away, they should take his Author quill and ground his ass. Henry is such a self-important brat, who doesn't really get that actions do have consequences, and his actions nearly got his grandparents, his aunt, and his mother's boyfriend trapped in another realm with no way to return. I also don't care that he is the one who came up with the solution after being an unrepentant brat.

Violet is cute and all, and we don't really know the character, but I think she deserves better than Henry.

Harsh, I know, but last night's episode destroyed any shred of I can make the effort of liking Henry that I had left.

I just really, and actively dislike him, and I'm waiting for him to be recruited into some magical school where he can just go off, and send his mothers occasional letters. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

They already "killed" the Evil Queen in the finale and Regina was fine. Jekyll and Hyde shared a scar because they were in the same body when it happened. Regina and EQ are separate by contrast.

That was kind of my point...they weren't able to fully kill the Evil Queen because Regina is still alive, so the Evil Queen just materialized somewhere else. I could see them retconning stuff next season and saying that if they want to ultimately destroy the Evil Queen for real, Regina must also be destroyed. And I'm not saying that it's going to work like a voodoo doll next season where if Regina stubs her toe the Evil Queen will feel it, but I could see there being some emotional connections that they aren't even aware of.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Curio said:

That was kind of my point...they weren't able to fully kill the Evil Queen because Regina is still alive, so the Evil Queen just materialized somewhere else. I could see them retconning stuff next season and saying that if they want to ultimately destroy the Evil Queen for real, Regina must also be destroyed. And I'm not saying that it's going to work like a voodoo doll next season where if Regina stubs her toe the Evil Queen will feel it, but I could see there being some emotional connections that they aren't even aware of.

Maybe. My interpretation was that EQ was not flesh and blood. She was the embodiment of Regina's darkness, similarly to Clippy!Rumple. However, she does have magic and physical properties. I'm really confused about bodies and not-bodies after the Underworld. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Here's another couple seconds for the Charming Hook bromance. In the ride from New York to Storybrook in Gold's car, Charming was driving and Hook was in the passenger seat. Zelena and Snow were in the back. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Even though the adorable Violet was soooo amazed by New York, it seems no one else is, because all the big badies (even Gods, like Hades) want is to take Storybroooke over! 

Henry's believing speech was mehhh, I hoped in the hotel room after he destroyed magic and the adults explained to him why he made a mess by trapping half his family in another realm and he said "it's not my fault, it is on you" to Rumple... I wish someone (maybe some of his mothers, he has 2 of them, they could take turns, one at a time to educate him) had said: no, Henry, learn something we already know, blaming others is not the answer, we need to own our actions and take responsibility...

Well... after writing that I realized only Emma could say that, because Regina blamed others all her life, now that she started to realize the truth she is still blaming "someone else", the EQ. Not mentioning his grandpa, who only recently in a speech to his wife admitted he is dark and likes it (they could write a song about it... "IIII liiike beeeing dark and I cannot lieee....")

I was very sorry after reading they got separated. The Jekyll Juice seemed some (boring but reasonable) way to get her back without destroying all the way into being a hero Regina has walked. At least they could have aknowledged the fact she could not be killed. I'd rather had Regina taking her heart out, crushing it and the EQ smirking and saying: no, Gina, things do not work that way. And puff into a purple smoke somewhere else (that way they could end knowing they had some EQ to deal with).

And I am not talking about Emma and Killian, in my mind they are home, having some nice dinner with wine, pasta, browsing the internt to buy some new furniture to put in the basement that is now empty, planning to watch a movie, cuddling and thinking that tomorrow morning they'll deal with Hyde and all the other stuff, they need (and deserve!) sometime only for them.

Edited by justmythoughts
  • Love 3
(edited)
22 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Only way someone will take it is if they tell them it pays for itself, because that apartment is sort of a dump (by my standards at least).

Welcome to NYC. Plenty of people would pay a lot for that.

ETA: It's in SoHo. More than plenty of people would pay more than a lot for that.

Edited by Randomosity
Location googled
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, justmythoughts said:

because all the big badies (even Gods, like Hades) want is to take Storybroooke over! 

I can only assume its because it already has magic in it...but according to the Dragon, the Land Without Magic is poorly named, because there IS magic, its just hidden. So why do none of the baddies ever try to take over NYC or London or Toykyo or, like, Cleveland or something? There are other places in the world than Maine you know! This isn't a Steven King story, you can change it up a bit. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

I can only assume its because it already has magic in it...but according to the Dragon, the Land Without Magic is poorly named, because there IS magic, its just hidden. So why do none of the baddies ever try to take over NYC or London or Toykyo or, like, Cleveland or something? There are other places in the world than Maine you know! This isn't a Steven King story, you can change it up a bit. 

maybe because storybrook has the most concentrated magic. and in theory people gravitate towards that. that's something that the fountain scene showed, yes there is magic everywhere, but where as in storybrooke you could literally wave your hand, they needed an entire square of people to open a portal. and let's face it most of these people are so lazy, why go through that to take over Cleveland? 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Randomosity said:

Welcome to NYC. Plenty of people would pay a lot for that.

I know, that's the problem. I live in NYC also, and that's a dump like I've seen when I was trying to find a place. I saw an apartment that had those white bathroom tiles from floor to ceiling in the living room, and the bedroom going for $2,5K. Welcome to my extended bathroom, care for a drink?

I also didn't realize that where the fountain was is supposed to be the library. I thought it was a stand in for one of the museums.

10 hours ago, janett snakehole said:

On to the real anger. THE STUPID JEKYLL JUICE. Really Snow? Really. The stupidest of all stupid plans. Lets take the "evil queen" out (oh you mean yourself - part of you - who you are - you idiots), kill it, and now you are no longer culpable for all the evil that you perpetrated (not that you really ever were). IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. It was rage enduing. Emma and Snow's endorsement of it made them look like idiots. *The family we were always meant to be.* WHAT Regina hated you for like 30-40 years, what is this family you speak of? 

Not to mention, we've been getting told for years that "all magic comes with a price." I mean, honestly.

6 hours ago, babyPhat279 said:

Wait, why is it the land of untold stories? Jekyll and Hyde is a pretty well-told story. It even has a musical and an Eddie Murphy movie.

I suppose the show is just going to turn into Reading Rainbow next season. ABC probably gets to count it toward their educational programming if they showcase actual literature. :D

Mr. Hyde as a bad guy strikes me as totally meh. If they want to go with Paul Bunyan, a land of tall tales could provide much more satisfying options for villains. Or a land of science fiction. Morlocks are totally baddies and they creep me way out.

I also got a very Ghostbusters vibe from Rumple in the penthouse. "There is no Belle, only Zuul!"

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I know, that's the problem. I live in NYC also, and that's a dump like I've seen when I was trying to find a place. I saw an apartment that had those white bathroom tiles from floor to ceiling in the living room, and the bedroom going for $2,5K. Welcome to my extended bathroom, care for a drink?

I also didn't realize that where the fountain was is supposed to be the library. I thought it was a stand in for one of the museums.

It seemed like a decent enough alcove studio, which yes, in that neighborhood would be 2k+. I think it looked shabby because it was done in drab greeny-browns.

I don't think the fountain was meant to be the library. That's what I thought initially because of the lions, but they were shown at a random brownstone-ish place as the library, then many other scenes, then it was all about the 'fountain from when they lived there'. So I think the lions were coincidence; it was just a fountain scene, not the library they were in before. Which, yes, poor planning by the set design people. Lions in NYC mean library. NYC library has no fountain. But clearly they don't care either way :)

Speaking of New York apartments, Emma and Henry just left theirs, with all their stuff in it, back in S3. Did they ever arrange to sell it/end their lease? Surely Emma's not still paying rent/mortgage on it? 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, LaChavalina said:

34 minutes ago, LaChavalina said:

I suppose the show is just going to turn into Reading Rainbow next season. ABC probably gets to count it toward their educational programming if they showcase actual literature.

I wish this was Reading Rainbow. Can we dump Henry for Lavar Burton? :)

• Love 8
(edited)

This show has been a train wreck since about season 3.  You either enjoy the ride or you don't.  I have given up on trying to figure out how certain things work like magic because there is no logic to it and I watch it because despite its flaws it still has a strong central female cast.  

I love the Snow/Emma/Regina relationship and would watch a series with just the three of them bickering and making up.  When Snow brought Regina coco and She commented it wasn't her thing and Snow  pulled out a flask I chuckled.  The Emma and Regina scenes were so much made of win for me.  These are the three women that keep me coming back each time I threaten to leave the show

The men can leave.  All the men can leave and I wouldn't care or notice.  Charming was interesting season 1 and 2 but hasn't done anything of note since then.  I loath Hook more then I loath Henry.  I would actually prefer Neal to Hook but hey not gonna happen so I will live with it.   Rumple is just an ass.

So any episode that is high on the ladies and low on the gents is a win for me.

Edited by Chaos Theory
Autocorrect Autocorrecting
  • Love 2

Does it have to be book-books or can comic books count? Because I'd love to dump some Walkers in the middle of Storybrooke. So much wasted potential here:  they could have a team comprised of Winnie the Pooh, Mr. Darcy, Harry Potter, Wonder Woman, Deadpool, Doctor Who, and Lassie verses Evil Vagi...errr...Regina and the Legions of the Undead.  

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, shoregirl said:

I wish this was Reading Rainbow. Can we dump Henry for Lavar Burton? :)

I had the same exact thought and Lavar could then explain what the morality should've been at the end of the episode! 

• Love 2
(edited)

It just occurred to me - the destroying magic plot had to do with nothing. It was irrelevant to 5B and 6A doesn't seem to involve it. It was just a wild goose chase around New York. The events of Steampunk World held the only relevance. They introduced Jekyll/Hyde and the Untold Stories characters, as well as the serum that split Regina. The New York plot only provided some minimal character development for Henry. The Olympian Crystal ended up back in the hands of Rumple and magic didn't go away after all, so most of the episode feels rather pointless.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3

well count me as another person underwhelmed by this finale - it's definitely the worst finale they've done.  That said there were parts I liked: 

• Emma referred to the house as her home - hopefully we might actually get a scene with her and Hook in it next season!
  • the 2 actors who played Jekyll and Hyde were very good and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them in S6
  • even though I would have liked a lot more CaptainSwan in this ep, I did like the 2 we got
  • loved that the CaptainCharming bromance is still going strong
  • I actually liked the scene in the apartment between Emma and Regina - Regina finally admitted that finally karma was catching up with her - it only took 5 seasons.

Cons: 

• Henry was really annoying in this ep - it worked in the S4 finale to have him front and centre, and I think that was because the story they were telling suited his acting, but this time around he needed to emote more and that just is not Jared's strong suit.  And that speech he made at the fountain was just terrible - even Emma looked embarrassed for him during it.  
  • Rumple really is the worst, yet again when he had to choose between his power and Belle, he chose his power.  The way the ep ended, I'm wondering if Rumple will be missing from the first couple of eps in S6.  But seriously I really hope S6 is his last season as I don't know how much more of him I can take.
  • Meh on the Evil Queen returning - I'll reserve judgement but I can't say I'm overlly excited at the prospect of seeing Regina fighting the EQ.

Overall it was an ok finale, but I can't say I'm very excited for S6.  But for now I'm just glad for the hiatus so I can get a break from the show and forget about it until later in the summer.

• Love 2
(edited)
50 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

It just occurred to me - the destroying magic plot had to do with nothing. It was irrelevant to 5B and 6A doesn't seem to involve it. It was just a wild goose chase around New York. The events of Steampunk World held the only relevance. They introduced Jekyll/Hyde and the Untold Stories characters, as well as the serum that split Regina. The New York plot only provided some minimal character development for Henry. The Olympian Crystal ended up back in the hands of Rumple and magic didn't go away after all, so most of the episode feels rather pointless.

They really didn't need the NYC plot at all. Emma, Regina and Henry could have remained in Storybrooke, and Henry could have still pulled the stunts he did over there, but maybe used Regina's vault instead. 

The whole destruction of magic made no sense, and Neal had journals lying around in his apartment where Tamara the person actively trying to destroy magic did not even find them. That makes them both extra lousy.

Also, I don't even understand why Rumple kept Belle in the box. I get that Emilie was on mat leave, but they must have a lot of footage of her sleeping. Just use a stand in, while Rumple is talking to her, and her image for close-ups. I actually felt bad for Belle. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1
(edited)

That was a pretty lackluster season finale, especially for a two-hour event.  Of the two hours, I think the best parts amounted to about 15 minutes.  I'm sorry, but I don't have an interest in Henry's quest to destroy magic or his puppy love with Violet.  To spend an entire hour on it was a waste, especially for a season finale.  The time spent with the Charmings, Hook, and Zelena was largely squandered as well since it seemed to spend a lot of time walking, running, or trading barbs with either the warden or Dr. Hyde.  I was just hoping for WAY more Charmings/Hook interactions.  It's as if the season finale had zero connection to the fifth season.  Technically, season five ended last week.  Last night's episode was basically the pre-cursor to the new season six.  Here's what I did like:

The Captain Charming hug that if you blinked you missed it in the very beginning of the episode.  While Regina was reacting to Hook's arrival and Emma was trying to explain, over Emma's shoulder you could see Charming embrace Hook in a welcome-back show of affection, and Hook is surprised and then receptive.  It was a great moment that deserved actual attention considering I've been enjoying how Charming and Hook have been bonding over the seasons.  So that was an important moment that was treated like an afterthought.  I get that Regina is upset, but considering how many scenes were spent in the finale addressing her grief, some few seconds of attention could have been spent on the Charmings reacting to seeing Hook again.

I liked Regina's "confession" to Emma, and I like that she did not regress back into the Evil Queen.  I think the writers did a brilliant job of bringing back the EQ without sacrificing Regina.  So now the EQ can actually be a villain in Storybrooke, attacking everyone she wishes, while Regina Mills remains intact and a heroine.  Smart move.  The Evil Queen also will have all of Regina's memories up to the point she was split from Regina.  So that history can be used in future stories.  I like the idea that Regina can have her redemption while the EQ is allowed to return.  LP will get a lot of screen time next year (for good or bad depending on your pov).

I do like Sam Witmer in the role of the latest villain.  I like that he's mean, brutal, and has zero ties to the characters, and so between him, Gold, and the Evil Queen, we have at least three villains next year to choose from causing havoc.  I just hope that there aren't a bunch of new characters introduced.  I am really hoping for more of the Charmings, who I feel have been neglected for a bit.  I also want to see more of the Charmings with Hook.

The kiss with CS was a nice way to end the season, and I appreciated that Emma wanted to say ILY when there was no danger or threat of death.  Killian asked her in the Underworld why she always had to have the threat of impending death to admit her true feelings, and so she made good on that statement by saying the words when things were quiet and event free.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Hookian said:

And I know the wedding dress has been there before but here's the thing guys. This time it was literally in between them. Other times it's been in just the background. This time the dress was literally between them, and it made it very very obvious IMO of what CS's big moment will be next season.

Totally agree. It was the focal point of the shot!

I just hope that there aren't a bunch of new characters introduced

I'm afraid there will be. Hyde mentioned that he decided to bring along a bunch of other people with Untold Stories. I'm sure we'll have to have centrics for them while our regulars spin their wheels. I'm also pretty sure that they are all on the villain side of the story.

The whole destruction of magic made no sense, and Neal had journals lying around in his apartment where Tamara the person actively trying to destroy magic did not even find them. That makes them both extra lousy.

Tamara even had the opportunity to search his stuff when she moved him to Storybrooke. What exactly did she pack of his stuff since it seems like the apartment is fully stocked? Did she just bring the stuff in storage? "Hey, honey, I'm staying here in Storybrooke. Can you please bring a moving van full of my stuff to this city which you can't find on the map?" "Sure, no problem babe. Do you just want the junk in your storage locker including that chained up pirate?" "Um, about the pirate..." "No explanations needed. We all have our quirks. See you Saturday!". Tamara is just the worst at everything (except jogging - she did that fairly well).

I suppose we'll never learn why the Magic Hoover Grail was in a library in New York.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

They really didn't need the NYC plot at all. Emma, Regina and Henry could have remained in Storybrooke, and Henry could have still pulled the stunts he did over there, but maybe used Regina's vault instead. 

That was their way of bait the SQ shippers (Emma and Regina together in a small car for hours!, Swan Mills family vacation!), the same way that the wedding dress was their way to bait the CS shippers.

• Love 2

I guess it does depend on how you see the show. The writers obviously believe the most important relationship here is between Regina, Emma and Snow. And over the entirety of it, I can see that. But like a lot of people, the writing has devolved so much that the only thing keeping me here is Captain Swan. I think Emma's relationship with Regina is now less important than her relationship to Hook (especially considering the lengths she just went to keep him in her life). If I had a wishlist for next season, it will be Hook and Emma fighting a threat together as a team. Not one being reduced to a romantic object for false drama. It's just boring.

• Love 12

The Camelot characters leaving was odd.  I wish they would have seen them leaving a bit more close up.  Aside from Merida and Roland, I really didn't recognize anyone else who left. Did Arthur's wife (can't remember her name) leave with them?

The other thing that I noticed when the heroes were jumping into the portal to get back to NYC, it looked like Hyde jumped in and Jekyll was left behind, but when they were out of the fountain, Jekyll was with them and Hyde was destroying the lab.  

I'm looking forward to next season and I hope we get a pretty lengthy season (as in I hope it doesn't start a week before October and end a week after Thanksgiving).  This half season seemed very quick, considering that they didn't start until March.  Other network shows (aside from SVU which seems to have a hiatus every other week) seem to have longer seasons with more episodes per season.

• Love 1

Once again Rumble chose power over his love.  I loved Snow this episode. She is tough and sort of smart.

I kept thinking about how awful all their plans were LOL.

Awe Emma told Hook that she loved him.  I don't even like that couple and found that sweet.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AudienceofOne said:

I guess it does depend on how you see the show. The writers obviously believe the most important relationship here is between Regina, Emma and Snow. And over the entirety of it, I can see that. But like a lot of people, the writing has devolved so much that the only thing keeping me here is Captain Swan. I think Emma's relationship with Regina is now less important than her relationship to Hook (especially considering the lengths she just went to keep him in her life). 

And, especially since the Regina/Emma relationship and the Regina/Snow relationship so very often becomes "Regina insults/rages at Emma/Snow, and Emma/Snow cheer lead for her."

If they want those relationships to be important, they need to equalize them a little.

• Love 10

Okay..so the basic premise of the show..that Storybrook is surrounded by the Land Without Magic was shot to hell without even an explanation.."Well yes and no" Seriously people get paid for this crap? So I Am confused..everyone can use magic in New York or was it just Emma who is innately magical? How can The EQ work magic in NY?  Why would any evil doer stay in SB?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Okay..so the basic premise of the show..that Storybrook is surrounded by the Land Without Magic was shot to hell without even an explanation.."Well yes and no" Seriously people get paid for this crap? So I Am confused..everyone can use magic in New York or was it just Emma who is innately magical? How can The EQ work magic in NY?  Why would any evil doer stay in SB?

Well like I said in a previous post - I think it's because SB has concentrated magic. Land W/O Magic makes sense, if you are an adult, or cynical and all that stuff. so what this is showing (and i am probably giving the show writers  a hell of a lot of credit), Magic can exist anywhere. It's like.. believing in Santa or the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny. it takes a lot of faith + believing and that is inherently magical. So while you can tap that into the LWOM, (like Henry did) or there's Magical Hotspots (the Fountain) it probably takes a hell of a lot of energy to control/maintain it. 

Where as SB - it's just there. you can tap it, you don't have to hunt and gather it up. it's there at your disposal. So ruling SB is akin to ruling any kingdom in the Enchanted Forest: it's everything 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mari said:

And, especially since the Regina/Emma relationship and the Regina/Snow relationship so very often becomes "Regina insults/rages at Emma/Snow, and Emma/Snow cheer lead for her."

If they want those relationships to be important, they need to equalize them a little.

Especially because I think the cheerleading, to me, is an eggshells thing. Don't upset Regina or she'll snap and kill everybody again. Got to keep giving her positive re-enforcement ! There's something extremely paternalistic about it. Like she's less a friend and more a naughty child they're trying to encourage to behave. And like a naughty child you pretend to ignore bad behaviour while being excessively positive about the good behaviour.

• Love 8

As usual, I have not read all the comments, so I wouldn't be too spoiled before I saw the ep.  Ah, geez, I'm not even all the way through the first half, and I just have to say:

• Fuck you, Henry.  No really.  Fuck You, Henry.  Okay, once more, because even twice is not enough.  FUCK YOU, HENRY.  (This is for the scene in the library.  Seriously?  After all the Dark One nonsense, when Emma wasn't even really a very bad dark one, which even Regina kind of admitted, Henry turns on Emma AGAIN, and gives her most of the shade he's casting?  The former Evil Queen is standing right there, who by her own admittance, did way more terrible things than Emma ever even contemplated, but Henry's bitching at Emma?)  Fuck You, Henry.
  • And while we're on the subject on Henry: Damn, but Neal sure imparted an awful lot of information to the kid in the couple days he knew him, huh? Let's all thank mjgchick  for the most appropriate phrase to describe this mess: Holy Retcon, Batman.  
  • So far (until the Fuck You, Henry part,) I was incredibly bored with all Henry/Violet scenes (and then even that scene got boring again, because Henry was there.)  Hey writers: things I do NOT want to see in Season 6: teenage angst.  There's the CW for that.
  • Seeing the entire scene in context, did not make that sneak peek where Regina wants to rip out Hook's throat any better.  I know she needed to vent.  But Emma really didn't need to just sit there and take some of the shit she was dishing out.  And hey, Lana - that was SUCH a freaking "woe is me" speech.  'Wah, I try to do good and nothing still ever works out for me'.  Oh please.  I had a friend like that once, who when her boyfriend broke up with her thought she'd NEVER fall in love again.  I told her she would.  She cried, No she wouldn't, boo hoo hoo.  Well, about a year later, she did.  Now, I get Robin dying is a lot worse than him just breaking up with Regina, but you know, there are lots of people who still manage to lead a happy life after the loss of a spouse - and RR weren't even married.  
  • Good god.  Zelena throwing shade at Emma (and Snow and Charming) in the diner during the wake when she's the one who killed Robin's first wife and pretended to be her?  
  • Shout outs to all the people here who totally called Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde MONTHS ago.  They seriously need to hire some of y'all.  I am not that clever, but you all are.
  • Oh, and by the way, Henry, magic didn't take away Daniel.  That was your grandmother.  So Fuck You.
  • Henry doesn't like magic when someone does bad with it, but it's okay to use to find Gold.  You're not a hypocrite at all Henry.
  • Haha when Gold lost the Belle Box.
  • Did Emma even say goodbye to Hook before she took off with Regina?  WTF, woman?  Man gets sent back from the dead BY ZEUS to be with you and you ditch him after you literally went to the Underworld to try to get him back?   Screw Regina, I'd have that pirate handcuffed to me. (heh.  Heh-heh)  Or just handcuffed.  To something.  That rhymes with red.  :)
  • Why didn't Hook use his magic hook to pick the lock that David couldn't open?  
  • Geez, I thought we got Snow back, but that was definitely MM in the cell handing the wand over the guy they don't know and who pretty much turned them in in the first place.  Smooth move, ex-lax.
  • I'm already bored with the Jekyll/Hyde story.  Just show me a good solid 5 minutes of Hook and Emma crazy smooching and smiling and then maybe I can get on board.  I didn't get that after this whole season of CS angst and all I did get was a 20-second shot of them holding hands.  Which while nice, does NOT get me through the remaining 40 minutes of the show.  Especially when Henry and Violet are making smarmy googly eyes and I want to throw up.

This is just the first half, people.  Stay tuned.  

• Love 6

Sam Witwer, please tell me those weren't your own sideburns.

Hyde was able to shrug off a blast of magic. This is why you keep a pit and a cement truck standing by.

Henry, if you are going to use the magic pen for purposes other than just recording, how about restoring Geppetto's parents instead of just grandstanding with them.

The Dragon, for all his supposed eastern sagacity, really is as clueless as an unripe turnip when it comes to judging threats to his person, isn't he? He stood there like a deer in the headlights just waiting for EQ to rip his heart out.

Speaking of the EQ, the writers will probably justify having her survive because she was already heartless, get it, heartle... oh, never mind.

• Love 7

The best thing about this episode was the whole concept of the land of untold stories. Too bad we'll never see it again. It could carry its own spinoff, let's be real.

Henry is goddamn embarrassing. Just overall. Everything about him. Who talks to their parents that way? I mean, I know kids that do, which horrifies me constantly, but that doesn't mean I want to see it on my television, especially without any kind of blowback from any of his 8345634875692873 magical parents/grandparents/great-grandparents/uncles/aunts/cousins/whoevers. Just stop. So awful. They all need to queue up for some verbal beatdowns on this kid. Also, you can't simultaneously try to convince me this is New York AND not have people chucking rocks at some random kid giving a speech like that. I mean, he was BEGGING for a hailstorm of rocks with that nonsense.

I started shouting profanity at my TV when Henry broke library property. Not cool, Show. Not cool.

• Love 8

The best thing about this episode was the whole concept of the land of untold stories.

I kept wondering if I wouldn't see Ned Stark passing by Snowing, Hook and Zelena, because I'm still waiting on the next damned book.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, 3dog said:

Good point. Maybe this was the pay-off of a decades-long scheme by Snow to give the Evil Queen hepatitis.

This?  The best post in PTV/TWoP history.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Terrafamilia said:

Henry, if you are going to use the magic pen for purposes other than just recording, how about restoring Geppetto's parents instead of just grandstanding with them.

Right? Like "Omg! LOOK AT WHAT MAGIC DID TO GEPPETTO'S PARENTS! MAGIC IS BAD!"

three seconds later. "The Author has the McGuffin."

stupid Henry. 

• Love 3