Type keyword(s) to search

Comeback Kitchen

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Destiny74 said:

I'm just watching the last two episodes and I have just now decided that I just don't like Amy.  I don't like her personality, at all.

Ditto

• Love 2

And what is the deal with Adam?  I like him well enough, but I've liked him for the last 10 years on Cooking Channel.  He's a ringer.  He knows how.to present.  It seems unfair.  I mean, there have been contestants in the past who have been a staple on "Good Day Mayberry" or some other local show but he has YEARS of experience on FN sister station Cooking Channel.  I think they are trying to make him a thing...stop trying.  He had his moment.  I just don't think he's "fetch"?

If he loses, what a cream pie to the face of the network since they've already given him so much.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

But the ones who have possibly bad-mouthed the network or powers that be... they want to humiliate them on the way out the door.

Has Adam done that? The most recent thing he has done was a few episodes of The Best Thing in 2017 and not much before that for a few years.

8 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

I'm just watching the last two episodes and I have just now decided that I just don't like Amy.  I don't like her personality, at all.

I've always thought she's a bit of an insufferable asshole.

• Love 1
On 6/10/2018 at 12:42 PM, smiley13 said:

Did not hear that word thankfully.  She seemed very toned down,

Tregaye was always toned down. She cartooned it up for Bobby & Giada because that's what they wanted.

On 6/11/2018 at 1:28 AM, mlp said:

I watched it and wasn't a bit surprised when Adam and Amy were the last two standing.  I figured they would advance them both.  I fail to understand what they see in Amy but FN seems determined to hang on to her.  At least they got rid of Sarah.

As several pointed out, Adam was the ringer all along. I don't think they wanted to advance Amy at all, and I noticed that Valerie said "You're not making this easy"... to her. Not to both of them. To me it was as if they wanted to dump her but she did too well on the last task.

1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

I’ve heard thru the grapevine he’s pissed off that they didn’t give him a high profile show and he’s thinking this is his chance at that.

Has he seen this show since he was last on? It isn't anyone's path to a high-profile show.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I’ve heard thru the grapevine he’s pissed off that they didn’t give him a high profile show and he’s thinking this is his chance at that.

Yeah but does he realize the same people he pissed off are the ones who are in charge (or at least have some serious clout) of giving him this win?  Whether or not people like Giada and Bobby (or Valerie and Tyler for that matter) they are not the ones with the final say.  I am sure the network honchos actually choose who gets to be the Next FNS.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:59 PM, biakbiak said:

She didn’t make one she made a meatball and used matzo instead of breadcrumbs in her meatball and didn’t serve it as a soup.

How did Tyler and Valerie not call her out for thinking a matzoh ball is a meat ball?

• Love 3
On 6/11/2018 at 12:49 AM, Brookside said:

biakbiak - are we the only two people who watched this show?  :-)

No, I watched it from the first episode.

6 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

It looked to me like Adam was actually surprised when he won.

14 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

He’s an actor, check his IMDB page.

Definitely. I thought his "surprise" at winning was 100% an acting job. And I say that as someone who likes him. Or at least would prefer to watch him over anyone else who has come through Food Network Star.

Her: "There's nothing like the sights and smells of a New York-style deli>"

Him: "We considered taking you to our favourite New York deli".

Subtext: "But because we're cheap, we instead recreated the crappiest, most unappetizing-looking, ferkochte piece of junk we could."

(edited)
On 6/11/2018 at 9:49 PM, Surrealist said:

I'm already missing my FN Husband Tyler.

I understand, I miss my husband, Hugh Acheson.  Top Chef doesn't use him enough. 

On 6/13/2018 at 2:17 AM, cooksdelight said:

He’s an actor, check his IMDB page.

People on reality shows often have an IMBD page.  You don't have to be an actor.  Writers, directors, anyone in any phase of entertainment who does film or TV can have one. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

Thankfully FN continues to give Husband Eddie work too.

Yes, he is my side piece.  We have to share Eddie with @spiderpig, just so you know.   They don't use him enough.  I would like to see him on GGG more, at least. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Wings said:

People on reality shows often have an IMBD page.  You don't have to be an actor.  Writers, directors, anyone in any phase of entertainment who does film or TV can have one. 

He lists himself as an actor/character in this series:

Movie Trivia Schmoedown (TV Series) 
The Silent Assassin

- Team Action Vs. DC Movie News (2018) ... The Silent Assassin

- DC Movie News vs Top That (2017) ... The Silent Assassin

- DC Movie News Vs Above the Line (2017) ... The Silent Assassin

- 6 Degress Vs DC Movie News (2017) ... The Silent Assassin

- DC Movie News Vs Cinemablend (2017)

- InnerGeekDom 5 Way (2017) 

On 6/12/2018 at 4:00 PM, cooksdelight said:

LOL.  Adam was definitely not pissed about anything regarding Food Network.  He finished third and got a ton of exposure, more than many winners.  Since his loss was almost a decade ago, that's certainly a long time grievance.  I've personally heard him say that he owes it all to Food Network.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

He lists himself as an actor/character in this series:

Movie Trivia Schmoedown (TV Series) 
The Silent Assassin

- Team Action Vs. DC Movie News (2018) ... The Silent Assassin

- DC Movie News vs Top That (2017) ... The Silent Assassin

- DC Movie News Vs Above the Line (2017) ... The Silent Assassin

- 6 Degress Vs DC Movie News (2017) ... The Silent Assassin

- DC Movie News Vs Cinemablend (2017)

- InnerGeekDom 5 Way (2017) 

Oh my, look at that!  LOL.  I don't care.  I am selfish and I just want someone interesting to watch should they end up on FN.  I like him.  I would rather an actor that is easy to watch than Samone or Rebekah.   

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Wings said:

Yes, he is my side piece.  We have to share Eddie with @spiderpig, just so you know.   They don't use him enough.  I would like to see him on GGG more, at least. 

Damn it. We'll have to cut him in thirds. LOL.

I agree that they don't use Eddie enough. I wish they would. He's charming and down-to-earth. I would like to see him on GGG more often too.

• Love 3