Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Snoop Dogg vs Chris Paul

So much drama in the LSB! @LAClippers star Chris Paul (@CP3) takes on the one and only @SnoopDogg.

I thought New Edition was brilliant. And then the Snoop came out with that mullet and I laughed until I cried. The underwear! The crazed fan! The guitar riff! THE HAIR!! I didn't even care about watching this ep and had expected to FF thru it. Snoop's now ranks in my top 3. Hilarious! 

This was my FB post: 

Snoop and I had a moment a few years ago in NYC. I was leaving a show (after waiting for autographs, obvi) and he was sitting outside the stage door with one of the dancers. I spotted him, did an internal double take and then played it cool, as I am wont to do. We locked eyes, each giving a brief head nod in acknowledgement. Clearly, since then we've had a connection. No more so than after watching this sublime #LSB performance. 

• Love 1

Snoop had that in the bag as soon as the audience heard the opening notes of Don't Stop Believin'. He didn't have to lip synch a single word, and I knew it was going to be epic. I *cackled* when those panties rained down on the stage!

• Love 2

My internet is currently having trouble accessing Google services, so I can't look up Chris Paul's height, but I was slightly mesmerized by the fact that all of his (male) New Edition back-up dancers seemed to be about his height.  Assuming he's NBA average... those are some tall dancers.

13 hours ago, dusang said:

My internet is currently having trouble accessing Google services, so I can't look up Chris Paul's height, but I was slightly mesmerized by the fact that all of his (male) New Edition back-up dancers seemed to be about his height.  Assuming he's NBA average... those are some tall dancers.

Chris Paul is 6'0" so on the short side for a NBA player. 

On 5/7/2016 at 9:52 AM, Lovecat said:

Snoop had that in the bag as soon as the audience heard the opening notes of Don't Stop Believin'. He didn't have to lip sync a single word, and I knew it was going to be epic. I *cackled* when those panties rained down on the stage!

It does feel like an instant win type of song. I'm honestly surprised no one had done "Don't Stop Believin'" before. It's such an iconic and timeless anthem that the crowd (teens and adults) will automatically and universally love. As a 35 year old song, it wouldn't have nearly that same power if it weren't for the Sopranos finale and then its use on Glee. 

6 hours ago, DrScottie said:

It does feel like an instant win type of song. I'm honestly surprised no one had done "Don't Stop Believin'" before. It's such an iconic and timeless anthem that the crowd (teens and adults) will automatically and universally love. As a 35 year old song, it wouldn't have nearly that same power if it weren't for the Sopranos finale and then its use on Glee. 

I also think that any LSB participant gets an instant boost by picking a song that's completely against "type," especially if they pull it off.  I mean, Snoop Dogg doing Journey?  C'monnn!  Even if that song hadn't been on the pop culture radar in recent years, that would have been GOLD.  Absolute gold.

• Love 3