Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Beast Of Bourbon

• Start Topic

(edited)

As many have mentioned, both Craig and Landon seem to expect to start at the top and somehow be entrepreneurs without any experience. Craig talking about how Dani had 15 years in the liquor sales business and might give him "pointers" so he'd look like he knew what he was talking about... how about actually learning something, Craig? Did he expect to be given the job of running the bourbon business and then bullshit his way through? Why didn't he realize Dani is actually the person J.D. would trust to run the business?

In front of J.D. he asked Dani, "If I were put in charge of the bourbon division tomorrow, where would I fail?" OMG. It's such a millennial stereotype that they expect to be given a job (a TOP job) and then taught how to do it rather than learning in lower positions and working their way up so they can, like, actually contribute something in return for their paycheck.

Another huge mistake Craig made: When you're doing P.R. for a product you say the product name over and over and over. So he's walking around the warehouse, on camera, asking, "Is this ours? Are these ours?" trying to make it seem like the company belonged to him. (Yes, I guess he has a 1% share or something, but whatever.) Instead he should have been saying, "Is this Gentry?Are those Gentry? Are all these barrels full of Gentry Bourbon?" Get it, Craig? Like everyone knows Skinny Girl 'cause Bethenny Frankel slapped that logo on everything moving and not moving and said the brand name all the time. At least that would have shown J.D. you had a small clue.

Then there's Landon. Ok, I kinda like her idea of a members-only bourbon bar. That could go over in Charleston with the right set, right location, etc. Why doesn't she talk to J.D. and Craig about a bourbon bar featuring Gentry Bourbon, perhaps even in one of the Gentry hotels? Members and hotel guests would be allowed in. Landon could use her supposed interior design skills to design the bar to fit an exclusive Southern gentleman and lady theme, and also come up with certain events, maybe work with Craig to publicize and hold them. Here I am, no experience at this at all (well, I did work for a wine distributor for a couple of years long ago), and I had an idea that Landon couldn't come up with even if it was written by Bravo producers and handed to her.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, bblancobrnx said:

As a straight male, I will just say this: I respectfully disagree with you. Is she a perfect 10? No, but she is very striking. I have seen plenty of occasions on the show where she has looked quite beautiful. However, her brand of crazy knocks her down plenty of notches in my book.

As I said YMMV. No matter how hot a male might find her she still is in the high stratosphere of the  "No Go" zone of the "Hot Crazy Matrix"

On May 10, 2016 at 0:15 AM, SFoster21 said:

How did he ever get through law school?  He doesn't seem to have a scrap of sense.  

Truly, kind of like not knowing whether to use a glue stick vs VELCRO for a Bar exam application!  

On May 11, 2016 at 8:48 PM, ExplainItAgain said:

That house was gorgeous. I agree that I would have liked to see the bathrooms and the kitchen though. Here in NC a lot of porch ceilings are painted blue, but we were always told it's because it keeps the spiders away (but I think that's a myth!).

In South Carolina it's called "Haint" (comes from the word Haunt) Blue and comes in a spectrum of blue to blue green.  It is supposed to originate from the slaves that became Gullah people who believed a spirit wouldn't cross water to come in your door.  You see it on door frames and window frames sometimes for this reason.  I love it and hope to be able to paint our porch roofs that color someday. 

• Love 6

I looooooooooved this ep!  Anytime Craig is exposed, it is fantastic.  All the niceties go away and we see the emptiest suit imaginable.  The preview promises some more of this from his dad, as well.  I can not wait.

It was also tremendous seeing Cameran being pulled down into the morass she so diligently tries to avoid, being above it all, doncha know?  Hahahaha.  She gets the best edit of all of them, but then again, she is given a producer credit, so she is in like Flynn with Whitney, the EP.

I do give her credit for refusing to go along with the needs of the show and accepting Kathryn's outreach.  The girl may actually have a line she will not cross.  May.

The house she was representing was some distance from Charleston proper.  No wonder she was so aggravated by Shep's failure to rouse himself.  She was stuck waiting for at least 90 minutes just for him to show his sorry butt up.  

What was the point of the portion of the tasting where various elements were offered?  There was no changing the countless barrels already sitting there, presumably for months.  Given there was no mention of special circumstance, the bourbon, by law, would have had to have aged at least 2 years before being allowed distribution.  The die had been long cast.  

I was a great fan of Cooper joining the cast.  No more.  Patricia did nothing to him, yet he decided to be a boor to her.  Worse, he has shown regrettable taste by taking Kathryn's side in all of this.  His usefulness to me is now exhausted.

• Love 3

I can understand her not liking Kathryn, but her vitriol makes me think she might have slept with Thomas.

I think so too, and didn't Thomas pretty much admit it when he was describing her to his pony-tailed friend in the kitchen.  Something like Landon has lots of skills that if he gets to know her better, he'll come to know what those skills are wink wink (very gentlemanly, that Thomas).   I remember in his TH right after that he also had that knowing grin as well.  

• Love 2

I'm just now getting caught up on this episode, but I noticed when they did the flashback to Cameron/ katheryns phone call that Cameron's caller ID was wrong.  It says katheryn when she answers but when they show her phone on the table while she is talking it says maybe Danni? 

1 hour ago, Kkylie said:

I'm just now getting caught up on this episode, but I noticed when they did the flashback to Cameron/ katheryns phone call that Cameron's caller ID was wrong.  It says katheryn when she answers but when they show her phone on the table while she is talking it says maybe Danni? 

I am pretty sure it's just the angle and it says Kathryn's full name Kathryn Dennis.

Wow, most of these people are so immature, it´s mindboggling, but I wouldn´t change a thing. As a tv viewer that is.

I think Shep is the smartest, Cameran has started annoying me, not a lot but I´m giving the smartest title to Shep because of it. I´m gonna give Craig a (very difficult) pass, if he keeps up being this clueless I´ll have to give up my newfound love for him.

I was so understanding Cameran and Whitney when Shep was trying to sell them on the mountain trip, "we can go hiking" what optimism.

• Love 1