Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Beast Of Bourbon

• Start Topic

Kathryn contacts an old friend to make amends following a string of rejections. Also, a nerve-rattled Landon heads to New York for a big opportunity; Thomas worries about the health of his unborn child; and Craig receives a crushing blow at work.

Craig needs to find his poker face, Can you imagine a judge being harsh with him or reprimanding him and Craig tearing up in the courtroom? Now that would be embarrassing. I wonder what else he has to tell his girlfriend he hasn't been up front about.

• Love 3
(edited)

Craig needs to accept that he's going to have to pay his dues.  Few people start at the top.  He's so entitled because he thinks he's smarter than he is.  He was a big fish in a small pond in Delaware.  That's not indicative of real life.  Experience counts for a lot and Craig never wants to put in the time, he wants everything handled to him.  How's the bar going, Craig?

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 16

Lockhart Steele? Now that's a name!

"I barely know anything about bourbon. Or running a business. Or being a manager. Or the liquor industry. And I've been with this company for a second. In fact, I haven't yet even finished something of my own that I claimed to be super committed to. But yeah, I'm going to be head of this guy's family bourbon division in a week or so. I planned a tasting!" 

Craig, you're in need of a reality check. And your girlfriend is, too. 

• Love 21
(edited)

I couldn't stop staring at Whitney's face, both at the bar with Cam and Shep and the bourbon tasting.  It looked like he had black eye that was healing, his skin was yellow all around his eye.  Did anyone else notice this? 

Oh Craig, you have to work your way up, hon.  You are basically JD's assistant at this point.  I'm not sure why his entitled ass thought he'd be running the bourbon division.  And why was his girlfriend so upset?  Is Craig the assistant not good enough for her? He has to be running the company?  I found her reaction to be very strange. 

Edited by CSunshine76
Eta: bc I can't type on my iPad
  • Love 14
(edited)

Yeah, Craig, a person can be dumb as a box of hammers and still be successful as long as they have a strong work ethic. 

We had an old southern neighbor who used to repeat the quote "don't marry money, honey, marry am-bition!"

Sadly, Craig has none of these things. And now his girlfriend is cranky.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 10

AND. Craig paid that huckster J.D. $15K  for what?  Don't get me wrong, Craig is a total dufus, but what was the money for?

Landon  - you are the epitome of "Okay fine, for sure, for sure...I'm a Valley Girl." (TM Mr. Frank Zappa). If you hurry, maybe your ex-DH is still single.  You are mean enough, but not smart enough to live in Charleston.  Get thee back to the Valley.

Is the money from Elizabeth's side or J.D.'s - bet my bottom dollar it was Elizabeth's.  J.D. is a slimey slime that likes to slime.  Kinda of a Thomas lite.

Okay Craig - Was the ring a love token or an engagement ring?  It was nice and all, but nothing to right home about.  Also, did I miss it, or no "will you marry me?"

• Love 7

Elizabeth - you rock!!!!  You get it and you keep your integrity.  Kudos to you.

Craig has a lot to learn.  Remember this is a guy who is 25 or so years old.  He's naive and I give him leeway.  I do like Naomi a lot.

Landon - Really?  What's a mock up of a web site?  That's just the icing on a clearly stupid person who believes she's always successful.  Guess success is relative.

Mid $700.000 for that house.  Is it in a terrible neighborhood or we didn't get to see the problems?

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, whydoievencare said:

OMG, OMG, OMG - so hard to watch both Landon (so vapid) and Craig (such a dummy).  They seem to think they are such special little snowflakes without having anything of substance to back that up. 

This reminded me of the Below Deck episode when Kate is talking about Rocky and the "everyone gets a trophy" style of parenting with which she was likely raised.  Landon is a great waker-upper!!

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 13
(edited)

Running a lifestyle website is more or less like running a magazine, Would you walk into Conde Nast and say, "I want to start a fashion magazine. It will have fashion, lifestyle stories, maybe some articles about actors or musicians. And oh, we will fund it through ads." And then have no plans for writers, stylists, or specific topics--never mind unique editorial vision? I mean, crap. The Vanderpump Rules kids put about twenty times more thought into their "style blogs" than Landon did, and they didn't even have the ear of a fairly successful new-media publisher. Even that atrocious Dallas Courtney had a more put-together strategy.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 11

Oh Landon...I was just cringing in embarrassment over that entire mess of a "pitch meeting" she barely whined her way through in NYC...she had no presentation, no clear vision, and she was just all over the place with her random ideas, "and like, art and travel and stuff." She makes Kukoo Kelly Killoran Bensimon look logical and intelligent. 

What a waste of her time and money. She seriously needs to get over herself and get her shit together. Why not incorporate her love of travel/art and pop-up shops and open an actual antique shop somehow? Guess that's just way too much work for her.

She really is more like Craig, the self-professed "smart" guy who doesn't even know that to keep a job at a lawfirm you need to show up before noon daily and not be out partying every night. But he's JD's bitch now, since he paid 15k for the pleasure of going to construction sites and sending evites to his buddies for a bourbon tasting, so he's ready at age 25 to manage all operations at the fledgling Gentry Bourbon empire! Lord, I hope this was just a storyline for the show and he's not nearly *that* naive.

Now Landon, I do believe in her dumbassery. No way anyone could pretend to be that daft.

Stick to your guns, Cameron: you don't need to explain to anyone why you refuse to expose yourself to any more of Kathryn's insanity. Sometimes you just don't want to surround yourself with toxic people like her, especially when your own life is moving at a positive, mature pace. Cam's not even all that close to Thomas either, so it'll be interesting to watch him completely blow up at her and Landon both at his dinner party.

Elizabeth is definitely the sanest, kindest person on this show, by far. Ditto Dani---it was so refreshing to see her speak up and display her business savvy. I'd love to learn more about her 15 years in "this business" and what exactly she does now!

• Love 23

ya took the words right out of my mouth!!   i came on tonight just to how vapid landon is and what an insufferable fool craig is!!!.  is landon says 'i mean' one more time i'm going to scream

• Love 2
(edited)

Landon and Craig, I have three words for you:  entry level job. 

Landon, get one so that you can learn how to do something, anything, before asking people to invest in your imaginary business. 

Craig, you have one and need to learn how to do that one before you are promoted to anything. 

ETA:  Wait, I have to add Shep to that, too.

Shep, you also have an entry level job.  Show up on time and shut up when your boss is talking.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Stick to your guns, Cameron: you don't need to explain to anyone why you refuse to expose yourself to any more of Kathryn's insanity. Sometimes you just don't want to surround yourself with toxic people like her, especially when your own life is moving at a positive, mature pace. Cam's not even all that close to Thomas either, so it'll be interesting to watch him completely blow up at her and Landon both at his dinner party.

Yes, and I love that she called Shep out on wanting to invite Thomas and Kathryn AND Landon while supposedly wanting everyone to chill out and relax. at his parents' vacation house.  As if that would be anything but a recipe for drah-mah, and Shep knows it.  Cameran was not buying it from Shep.

• Love 5

I guess we finally got to see which ones are the true posers in this episode...oh wait.

Landon, you better start working hard on finding another rich husband, I do give her props for admitting she was clueless.  Can't someone give her some real advice?  I'm not sure she'd listen though.

Craig, I get that his mantra is "fake it till you make it" but seriously, this is getting ridiculous. The only thing he's learned since last season is that he needs to show up to work in the morning.  He's essentially JD's intern and has paid for the privilege with his 15,000.  The clothes, the rich girlfriend will only take you so far.  You will actually have to work longer than a month somewhere to get promoted.  Such entitlement.

I suspect Thomas clued Kathryn in on making up with Elizabeth.  None of the other women would take her in so she went the furthest outside of the circle to someone who's normal enough to not take the show seriously.  Kathryn needs a grownup in her life.

I was surprised at the price of the house, are the kitchen and bathrooms awful?  It looked like a million dollar house to me. Nice to see Cameron doing well in her career especially seeing how she's basically in the same financial position as Craig and  Landon with a wealthy husband (in Landon's case a wealthy ex),

• Love 5

Landon said it herself "I have no idea what I'm doing, how embarrassing!" I'm beginning to see why her ex-husband stayed gone all the time.

Now I know why the Southern Charm kids were spotted in Asheville, NC last year. Linville is not Asheville, but Asheville is the largest city nearby. Linville is a nice sleepy mountain vacation spot. Beautiful any time of year.

• Love 4

Craig is ridiculously naive, but JD clearly set Craig up to look like a fool. JD should have been able to provide Craig with a facts and specifications sheet about Gentry bourbon. Craig should have been able to tell people if it's all corn or a mix of corn, wheat, and rye. How long it's aged. The type of oak used in the barrels. How it's fermented. Craig should have known all about the elements that they were asking about in the tasting. But Craig didn't know any of that because JD didn't share any of that with Craig. So Craig is left to wildly speculate about getting bartenders in town to stock the bourbon because JD hasn't bothered to educate Craig. Craig was right that JD wasn't being transparent. Even if JD had provided Craig with all of that information, it would be presumptuous and insane to think he would be running that business after a couple of weeks. Actually I think that the only reason that JD has Craig involved in any of his businesses is because JD knows he's too boring to get any of his stuff on the air without another cast member. I cannot believe Craig didn't know that bourbon is an American whisky.

Landon is just so dumb. That meeting was moronic. She couldn't explain what her website would be. She doesn't really know who her audience is except that they have money. She lived in L.A. and can't even do an elevator pitch or a log line. She must have heard hundreds of them, but clearly never paid attention. Also who in their right mind would want a coffee table book of old website and blog posts? It's not like a collection of her column for Vanity Fair. She's also so inarticulate that who knows what the posts would read like. She'd have to be Ernest Hemingway for me to want to read about her trip in 2013 to Aspen to watch snow polo in a coffee table book.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I couldn't stop staring at Whitney's face, both at the bar with Cam and Shep and the bourbon tasting.  It looked like he had black eye that was healing, his skin was yellow all around his eye.  Did anyone else notice this? 

Oh Craig, you have to work your way up, hon.  You are basically JD's assistant at this point.  I'm not sure why his entitled ass thought he'd be running the bourbon division.  And why was his girlfriend so upset?  Is Craig the assistant not good enough for her? He has to be running the company?  I found her reaction to be very strange. 

I'm thinking that Craig may have got the money for the check he wrote to JD from Naomi. Otherwise I'm not sure what reason she could have to be THAT upset about this.

• Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Craig is ridiculously naive, but JD clearly set Craig up to look like a fool. JD should have been able to provide Craig with a facts and specifications sheet about Gentry bourbon. Craig should have been able to tell people if it's all corn or a mix of corn, wheat, and rye. How long it's aged. The type of oak used in the barrels. How it's fermented. Craig should have known all about the elements that they were asking about in the tasting. But Craig didn't know any of that because JD didn't share any of that with Craig. So Craig is left to wildly speculate about getting bartenders in town to stock the bourbon because JD hasn't bothered to educate Craig. Craig was right that JD wasn't being transparent. Even if JD had provided Craig with all of that information, it would be presumptuous and insane to think he would be running that business after a couple of weeks. Actually I think that the only reason that JD has Craig involved in any of his businesses is because JD knows he's too boring to get any of his stuff on the air without another cast member. I cannot believe Craig didn't know that bourbon is an American whiskey. 

By the same token those are questions Craig could have asked and researched on his own. Heck he would have know more if he had just read the few paragraphs on the website. He clearly is basically JD assistant, last week when he was talking about how he was so much in control they clearly showed JD giving him a list of tasks to accomplish, including getting him coffee. The fact that the surprised at the amount of bourbon was also odd, you need to a lot and it takes some aging. Also, the woman clearly told both Craig and JD that she had tasting notes for them to review which Craig apparently didn't bother to review. It was also clear that JD wasn't expecting Craig to run the tasting he just wanted him to send out an email.

I love the idea of Charleston windows!

I think this episode clearly indicated Kathryn has isolated herself and the only reason she is reaching out because she needs the paycheck for the show. The fact that she got so crazy pissed off at the polo field when she was the one who cut people off indicates she is an unstable drama queen.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 16
(edited)

Oh Landon

ys, “I do think it’s pretty accurate. I wish they could leave in some of the hilarious banter but I guess some of it is too intellectual and our audience might not get the jokes.

You can't speak a coherent sentence, you ain't too smart for us regular folk!

Edited by biakbiak
Predictive text is the worst!
  • Love 20
6 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

And bless her heart, Danni has the perpetual look of "I smell stinkass" on her face.

To be fair we only ever see her with these people so she does probably smell "stinkass".

• Love 5

I found this the most interesting part of that interview link:

Addressing the rumors that things are more than platonic with T-Rav, Landon asserts, “The whole Thomas thing is just silly. He’s way too old for me! We have never been anything but friends. He actually gives me some great business and personal advice. I wish I could get him to take his own advice.” Recounting the season so far, Landon touches on the never ending saga between Thomas and Kathryn and what it’s like having a front row seat. As to her portrayal, Landon says, “I think it’s all in good fun. But again I really hate being pegged against Kathryn. I don’t hate her but I am a bit terrified of her. You just never know what you are going to get so I try and stay far away.” When it comes to the reason behind the couple’s drama, Landon speculates, “I guess the age difference is a good place to start. Add a senate race and a couple babies and it’s hard to look away. I think the drama is actually played down the producers and network seem to be tip toeing around the real drama since children are involved.”

• Love 2

I really want to know why Craig paid J.D. the $15K.  J.D. treats him like an assistant, and that's fine for an entry level job and learning the business.  But you don't pay to get an entry level job.  I don't really even care if the money was real; I want to know what the narrative point of it was.  J.D. plays off taking Craig on as a guy helping a younger buddy out get by getting said buddy's foot in the door.  Add cash to J.D. in that equation, and J.D. comes off as a scheming ass, baiting and switching on the job description.  Craig plays it off as paying to be part of the company, which he clearly is not, so he comes off as a naive rube.  I don't see the payment as furthering the narrative in any positive way, nor one we'll see resolved, because they never have circled back to the cash investment.

I wonder if that house isn't in the best neighborhood.  Where I live, there's a huge gorgeously restored & updated house on the national historic homes list for sale for just under $700K.  But, it's in a neighborhood rife with crime (though the neighborhood likes to shush it up on account of all the historic homes). Plus, historic Charleston has a higher price per square foot than where I live, so it even seemed underpriced to me.

Can anyone explain Shep's habit of putting on button down shirts like it was a pullover shirt?  That's just so weird to me.

Landon...ugh.  She still like a less intelligent, more scattered Sonja Morgan.  At least Sonja would make sure there was booze at a birthday party, for crissake.

• Love 12
(edited)

It didn't seem like the house that Cameron was listing was near historic dowtown Charleston (I am sure sone one will find the listing). Naomi's parents house that was a million plus was not only on a large lot it had a deep water dock (they advertised it on the sign). I mean the porch alone makes it my dream house but they didn't show the kitchen or bathrooms which is also a huge red flag because that is where reno costs are going to be expensive. Shep talking about "pre air conditioning" and highlighting the windows could also point to antiquated air and heat.

I can't defend Craig! He didn't know what bourbon was, I mean I had one grandmother from the south, a grandfather from Ireland and one who was born in the states who was a scotch enuthiast so I knew the difference at age five because of arguments at family gatherings but how can you want to lead a business that you don't even know the product, he wasnt quizzed on specifics he didn't know something that can be easily read on the back of any bourbon bottle! Danni in the brief scenes seems to know her shit, if he were serious he would have invited her out and done a solo tasting not of Gentry bourbons but the competition and could have maybe actually impressed by having a base level of knowledge about the product and KNOWING WHAT IT IS! I have doubts about JD because he is BFF with Thomas but his family also seems to be into horses, they both love drinking and it wouldn't surprise me if JD also liked that Thomas had easy access to coke so I could seem then bonding but they actually seem to be doing fine in their businesses, Craig rivals Landon in ridiculosness.

Another plus in the Cameron column is she doesn't seem close to Landon.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Oh Landon

You can't speak a coherent sentence, you ain't too smart for us regular folk!

I was going to snip that exact quote, because my eyes rolled so hard when I read it.  Not only is she severely overestimating her own intelligence, but she also proves how naive she is about the audience.  A giant chunk of the conversations on this board consist of us being baffled by how some of them don't know the most basic things. 

I think Shep is actually smarter than he lets on.  When he was at Thomas' and made a reference to FDR and the fireside chats, and then about Kennedy and Khrushchev, I thought that there is more to him than meets the eye.  I also think that while he should have been on time for the showing, that he was right in his assessment of selling real estate.  Yes there are things to learn, especially if you are selling properties where much of the value is in the history, but it isn't rocket science and Cam seems to forget that she knew less than nothing a scant year or so ago. 

I think Craig was led to believe he would have more responsibility because of the buy-in, but it is foolish for him to think that a division will be handed to him when he hasn't even bothered to Google the basics.  If he had the passion he claims for that side of the business, he wouldn't have had to ask Danni to sit by him at the tasting.  No amount of Cliff's notes is going to be enough to get you the throne. 

Kathryn surprised me when she said that she cut off ties with Elizabeth for basically no reason other than her being married to J.D.  Considering her reaction at the polo match, I thought there had to be a least some minor betrayal or perceived slight that had occurred.

• Love 8
(edited)

That house is in Walterboro, SC....it's about an hour outside Charleston. An equivalent house on the peninsula would be WAY, WAY over 1 million. Walterboro has some very nice historical homes but it's not a great place. But I thought Cameron said she only works with buyers.

I'm trying to figure out exactly why Landon is so damned clueless. A quick Google of "business pitch" would have given her a starting point. Likewise with Craig....Google is your friend.

Here's the home listing, under 700k now.

http://www.carolinaonerealestate.com/property/property.asp?PRM_MLSNumber=15029073&PRM_MlsName=CTAR&VAR_AgentCode=22411&VAR_OfficeCode=1579

Edited by SweetCaroline
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, SweetCaroline said:

I'm trying to figure out exactly why Landon is some damned clueless. A quick Google of "business pitch" would have given her a starting point. Likewise with Craig....Google is your friend.

Maybe Landon's thought pattern is as slow as her speech pattern and it just takes a while for a thought to get to the front of the line....

• Love 6
(edited)
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I love the idea of Charleston windows!

I think the "Charleston" windows were widely used throughout the US during the the late 1800s through the early 1900s.  Many old mansions here in Detroit have ballroom windows.  The can be seen all through the northeast as well.  The lack of air on hot nights transformed a ballroom into an open air room.

This episode was difficult to watch.  Craig you are an intern, act like one.  Be indispensable, stop acting like an ass.  Landon, after the social gaffe last week with lying to Shep.......I think she was on the short bus.

Cameron - just say your husband would like you to distance yourself from Kathyrin - that should work.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, JenFromCincy said:

I think Shep is actually smarter than he lets on.  When he was at Thomas' and made a reference to FDR and the fireside chats, and then about Kennedy and Khrushchev, I thought that there is more to him than meets the eye.  I also think that while he should have been on time for the showing, that he was right in his assessment of selling real estate.  Yes there are things to learn, especially if you are selling properties where much of the value is in the history, but it isn't rocket science and Cam seems to forget that she knew less than nothing a scant year or so ago. 

Oh Shep has maintained from S1 that he likes to play up his "dumb good ol'boy" charms and intentionally plays down his intelligence---I think he especially played it up to know-it-all Craig back then for shits n'giggles, before they got to know each other better. Plus, I think just like typical smart girls who play dumb to seem more likable and less intimidating, Shep does the same thing just to level his social playing field in various situations, especially trying to score younger and less brainy chicks in bars.

This is a guy who regularly quotes classic literature and often makes obscure political/historical/pop culture references, not to mention he has a Masters from Southern Ivy League Vanderbilt and has multiple successful investments/business ventures, so I really do think he's the secret genius of this entire cast. Well, minus having unprotected sex with Kathryn(and likely other gals) and the inability to get up before 11am daily, that is---but really, would any of us get up early every day if we didn't have to? I think he played up his unprofessional behavior with Cameron and the house showing just for laughs.

• Love 16

I will point out that while Shep did correct himself but he was still wrong. Fireside chats were never with other world leaders it was just FDR talking directly to the American people. It's a mistake that all of us could make when talking to friends and he at least remembered that Kruschev wasn't talking to FDR and he hasn't told us that we aren't smart enough to follow all of their wit!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lizzing said:

Can anyone explain Shep's habit of putting on button down shirts like it was a pullover shirt?  That's just so weird to me.

Because it's too annoying/time consuming to unbutton all the buttons. *eyeroll* Mr. Wovenloaf often does this too, and after years of watching him do it I find it no less weird and his reason no less silly, ha!

• Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Missmissie173 said:

AND. Craig paid that huckster J.D. $15K  for what?  Don't get me wrong, Craig is a total dufus, but what was the money for?

Thank you. I've been asking since day one -- WHAT did Craig get for 15K. WHAT did he really pay for? Looks like he paid J.D. for the "right" to work for him. The first 15K Craig makes will just be getting back the 15K he laid out. JD ought to be ashamed of himself.

And I can't/ stand/ it. when Craig MUMBLES! I couldn't even understand what he was saying when he was talking to Naomie -- heck I couldn't make out half of what he said the entire episode. Stop mumbling. Damn. Craig doesn't come off and present himself as a go-getter. THAT is his problem. Some people you just look at them for a while, observe them for just a few times in given situations -- and you can tell they're going places. Craig doesn't show anyone he's got anything to offer them. He's deamn lucky JD did agree to let him be a gopher for him. At least he'll get to see how a hustler (in the good sense of the word) gets things done and becomes a success.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 6

*hangs head  I did think it was cute that Shep was carefully cracking eggs into the bowl to make breakfast because it was such a stark contrast to Whitney's creepy microwaved hot dogs in last week's episode. 

• Love 10

By the same token those are questions Craig could have asked and researched on his own. Heck he would have know more if he had just read the few paragraphs on the website. 

Danni in the brief scenes seems to know her shit, if he were serious he would have invited her out and done a solo tasting not of Gentry bourbons but the competition and could have maybe actually impressed by having a base level of knowledge about the product and KNOWING WHAT IT IS! 

Thank you!!  It was almost like the lightbulb of "running the bourbon" division just went off as soon as he entered the room and not a minute before.  If he was that excited and passionate about it, do a little research or take advantage of the fact that a friend of yours is an expert in the field!  His pouting was only outdone by his girlfriend's near tears over the matter.  JD had every right to not involve Craig in this side of the business.  And he explained it to Craig in a very mature, matter-of-fact way, I thought.  

Oh Elizabeth, far too classy and kind for this show.  Kathryn never really did offer a reasonable explanation for cutting her off and throwing the tantrum over Elizabeth daring to go near Kensie at the polo match.  Kathryn certainly needs a kind, mature, Mother role model like Elizabeth in her life.  But I don't know if it's worth the risk for Elizabeth.  Yikes.  

Danni seems like such a great girl, even despite the noted stink face.  Two things about her time on screen:  when she walked in, I think it was Whitney (?), grabbed her waist and made a shocked statement, "you're soooo skinny"!  And she is and I hope she's healthy.  Second, when JD proposed she run the bourbon division, she made such a face and said to him, "JD, you know why I had to get out!"  I hope that didn't indicate a drinking problem??  Anyone else catch that?

• Love 11

Shep would look so much better if he would wear some nicer clothes or at least wear something that didn't look like it had just been picked up off the bedroom floor. The pants he wore to the bourbon tasting looked so ill fitting. He should take the time to look a little more polished. Take some pointers from Craig. Lol.

i had no idea Danni had 15 years experience in the bourbon/liquor world. I think now she concentrates on being an artist. 

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

JD should have been able to provide Craig with a facts and specifications sheet about Gentry bourbon.

How about Craig show some self motivation and do some research on bourbon in general. Show some hustle -- and impress  JD with some initiative. Most bosses like it when they have a go-getter for a gopher. They enjoy having a mini-me. It feeds their ego. Craig should become JD's mini me, gopher, right hand man. And have stuff for him before he even asks.

Good luck Landon. Travel sites with roam int he title are already taken. But I'm sure she can some up with something that's not taken. Like I said I wish you luck with that.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I was sadly transfixed by all the Botox in his forehead.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I will point out that while Shep did correct himself but he was still wrong. Fireside chats were never with other world leaders it was just FDR talking directly to the American people. It's a mistake that all of us could make when talking to friends and he at least remembered that Kruschev wasn't talking to FDR and he hasn't told us that we aren't smart enough to follow all of their wit!

I'm a stream of consciousness kind of talker, so it seemed to me like he made the fireside chat analogy, realized they were solo and that Khruschev wasn't in play so he made the Kennedy course correction. Considering all of the "man on the street" interviews I've seen where people can't name the current V.P., I found the references refreshing even though he didn't get them correct on the first go.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, JenFromCincy said:

I was going to snip that exact quote, because my eyes rolled so hard when I read it.  Not only is she severely overestimating her own intelligence, but she also proves how naive she is about the audience.  A giant chunk of the conversations on this board consist of us being baffled by how some of them don't know the most basic things. 

I think Craig was led to believe he would have more responsibility because of the buy-in, but it is foolish for him to think that a division will be handed to him when he hasn't even bothered to Google the basics.  If he had the passion he claims for that side of the business, he wouldn't have had to ask Danni to sit by him at the tasting.  No amount of Cliff's notes is going to be enough to get you the throne. 

Kathryn surprised me when she said that she cut off ties with Elizabeth for basically no reason other than her being married to J.D.  Considering her reaction at the polo match, I thought there had to be a least some minor betrayal or perceived slight that had occurred.

We already knew Landon is an idiot, but Craig takes the cake. You want to a lead a division that produces a product that you know as much about as you do nuclear physics? Dude needs therapy.Do we know exactly what the buy-in was for?

I think Shep is definitely smarter than he lets on. I also believe Cameran said he was a history major. He's just kind of lazy and would prefer his money make money for him.

• Love 6