Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Human Raw Material

23 hours ago, whiporee said:
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:32 AM, thuganomics85 said:

I was totally on her side about Felix bringing Adele to the safehouse,

I was, too, until I remembered that she's the one who invited Felix and Adele to dinner with S. Kind of takes away her ability to be peeved when Felix was just doing what she said to do. 

She didn't invite Adele.  She gave the invite to Felix before Adele showed up at the loft.  So, yeah, she's right to be mad that the whole "safehouse" concept seems lost on Fe.

I too missed Helena, and a text message was not enough.  But Cosima and Donnie were great, Sarah and Kira were good, and it was good to b reminded that for Sarah, the whole thing started for her when she was trying to get Kira back.  As she tried to remind Alison during their argument about the pharmaceuticals and Bubbles. 

I think Mrs. S was trying to balance between Sarah and Felix during that dinner, so that neither of them would say something they couldn't take back. There were moments when I really thought that one of them would say something unforgivable--which is another sign of how truly close they are.  The only people who can hit you that deep are the ones who know you best, and know exactly where to stick the verbal knife.

Interesting that Krystal mentioned Delphine--does this mean that the Clone Club (and we) are going to find out what happened to her?

• Love 2

Not to sound too overtly racist, but I'm betting Evie Cho and Maggie Chen are somehow tied together in this. Like maybe Maggie was a healthy sister or something in Evie's scenario.

The names are too close -- Evie, Maggie, Chen, Cho -- that kind of thing is to easy to avoid when you're writing, unless it's intentional. They're both about the same age, young, Asian, pretty.   

Or I need to get my Klan gear starched. :) But I think there will turn out to a connection somehow. 

• Love 1

Oh how I hate watching Sarah and Felix fight. I completely think there is more to Felix's new sister than just a nice southern lady. And I think Scott told Sarah something that she didn't want to say yet. That being said, I loved when Felix flicked food at Sarah from his fork, and Mrs. S snapped at him, and Felix gave his super offended "WHAT?", it all sounded so family like. I can see why they wanted to create some drama between Felix and Sarah, but its sad to watch them be in such a bad place. 

Krystal, on the other hand, is the gift that keeps on giving. On the one hand, it might be better to bring her into the Clone Club, because then at least the others could keep an eye on her, because as well intentioned as she is, Krystal is not great at subterfuge, and is probably going to cause more trouble than the trouble already going on. On the other, she clearly is an overshare kind of person, and it might be dangerous to give her too much information Maybe they can just give her a little information? 

I loved Donnie and Cosima. As many others have said, Donnie has come such a long way on this show. I love how go hard or go home he is with whatever weird mission he somehow finds himself in, and I love how he has a different relationship with each clone. Tatiana is, of course, the superstar of this show, but the supporting cast continues to step their game up. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm starting to think that the way Donnie deals with each clone is on par with Maslany's performance as each one.  They are both amazing.

ETA:  On the other hand, I went from being ambivalent about the men clones (what are they called, I've forgotten) to being vaguely relieved when they all seemed to be gone and that plot was behind us -- to, now, actively not liking the character(s) and the actor is just awful.  That's too bad they overstayed their welcome in my house.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 5

One thing I liked is how Krystal's self defense class came in handy as far as taking Donnie down but, given an opponent that knew what they were doing with hand-to-hand combat, she was easily subdued. 

• Love 2
On 5/14/2016 at 4:04 PM, snarktini said:

Not strange. They all have the same genetic beauty, but Krystal's appeal is in the attitude. Sarah is hot in a badass way. Cosima in a mellow way. Allison and Helena? A lot less hot! To me, Krystal is the only one so far who is intentionally, overtly sexy in her presentation. She takes pride in her hotness and leads with it, wanting to be seen. She engages in a very open, unguarded way that is appealing and different from most of our clones. Versus, say, Allison: She, like Krystal, works out hard and takes pride in her appearance, but typically presents herself in a closed-off, un-sexy way to the outside world. 

Again, all the awards to Tatiana.

I wish the Golden Globe/Emmy voters would stop smoking crack and recognize Tatiana for the incredible talent she is. 

Every week I'm blown away by the subtle things she does with her eyes and her mouth that make each character distinct--it's much more than the voice. The clones even walk differently. I wonder if it's automatic at this point or if Tat has to think about what to do for each character before she starts filming a scene. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, topanga said:

I wish the Golden Globe/Emmy voters would stop smoking crack and recognize Tatiana for the incredible talent she is. 

Every week I'm blown away by the subtle things she does with her eyes and her mouth that make each character distinct--it's much more than the voice. The clones even walk differently. I wonder if it's automatic at this point or if Tat has to think about what to do for each character before she starts filming a scene. 

I wonder if the show's individualization of the clones -- while a rich acting showcase and story experience -- is actually unrealistic. They present a very "nurture" POV -- each clone is an entirely unique person based on their upbringing. As science is showing more and more that nature is stronger than we thought, I'd expect them to be more similar. Shared tics or habits, body language, those unconscious things we pass on genetically even when they can't be learned behavior. How they hold their mouth is a perfect example. (And, wouldn't their hair be more alike? They have significant variation in curl. Does Allison straightens hers? I assume the blondes are coloring, although they should really have more roots while in captivity! Helena probably hasn't colored in the whole 6 months, her roots should be ridiculous. I know, I know. Roots are unimportant to storytelling. I digress.)

We've seen impulsiveness / obsession across many, but that's about it for what they share. Based on the twin studies that show nearly unbelievable coincidences, I'd have expected a couple of them to discover intriguing commonalities even while fundamentally different due to upbringing.

• Love 2

since you are talking about hair, I always thought that Helena's blonde hair was a nutritional deviation. We know Helena was imprisoned, and abused and probably denied a proper diet. it reminded me of the kids in Africa where they lose color in the hair as they become starved of protein, and now she eats sugar before meat, so I would assume it would continue. I believe that hair that has curl can also be caused by Malnutrition.  I think that only affects Helena. MK would more likely have curled her hair in the past and as far and Krystal being blonde, we know bottle blonde. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, holly4755 said:

since you are talking about hair, I always thought that Helena's blonde hair was a nutritional deviation. We know Helena was imprisoned, and abused and probably denied a proper diet. it reminded me of the kids in Africa where they lose color in the hair as they become starved of protein, and now she eats sugar before meat, so I would assume it would continue. I believe that hair that has curl can also be caused by Malnutrition.  I think that only affects Helena. MK would more likely have curled her hair in the past and as far and Krystal being blonde, we know bottle blonde. 

Helena's hair is dark at the roots, though, showing her new growth is normal. That new growth just never gets longer. (Duh, it's a wig!) 

On 5/15/2016 at 11:50 AM, tennisgurl said:

As many others have said, Donnie has come such a long way on this show. I love how go hard or go home he is with whatever weird mission he somehow finds himself in, and I love how he has a different relationship with each clone. Tatiana is, of course, the superstar of this show, but the supporting cast continues to step their game up. 

In basketball, they give the "sixth man" award, and it's been Donnie on this show for a while now. It's been him and Art for a while, but Donnie's commitment to whatever con the're pulling it top notch. 

• Love 4