Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Forever

Is it really renewed for only six more episodes?  I thought it was getting ten like all the other seasons.  :(  (I read the original renewal news a year ago, so I don't remember if they mentioned episode amounts, just the two season renewal/season 5 end.)

Checking Vera Farmiga's IMDB filmography, and she has a few other projects completed or in the works. She's fantastic in this series, but I really hope they don't wimp out with another "not really dead" scenario.  It's cheesy and we're all tired of it.

We'll find out tonight.

• Love 1

My recording of this episode cut off about four minutes early, right when they were panning out from the Bates Motel sign. Meanwhile, I haven't been able to use the forums much here since the site change. 

What I'm saying is that I didn't know until I opened this thread 10 minutes ago that Norma was dead.

Does anyone besides me remember the pre-season teasers that featured Norman singing Sandman while Norma accompanied him on piano? Remembering that made the creepy Sandman sequence even creepier for me.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, missy jo said:

The "Sandman" song with Norman methodically shutting all the vents was one of the most tense scenes on a show in recent memory. Well done, show. 

Yes . . .

1 hour ago, Portia said:

Does anyone besides me remember the pre-season teasers that featured Norman singing Sandman while Norma accompanied him on piano? Remembering that made the creepy Sandman sequence even creepier for me.

. . . because, yes.  I can't get that song or those scenes out of my head.

• Love 2
On 5/13/2016 at 6:42 PM, TattleTeeny said:

Hmmm, but if she's dead, Norman would have to

Hide contents

steal her body from the coroner that Alex would presumably call in order to taxidermy her!

Spoiler-barred in the unlikely scenario that someone here has never seen the movie. Could that even be?

Well, maybe I'm the only one....I always MEANT to watch it. Just got scared off by the subject matter - never been one for horror movies or gory thrillers. Bates has probably increased my interest tenfold in the story though. 

• Love 1

JUST DO IT! It has a classic mystery feel that is all at once gorgeous, subtle, and compelling! You will not likely be "scared" exactly--more like tense--because there's a delicate decorum about it with almost no gore--thriller, yes; horror, no. Just a great story that has clearly stood the test of time.

I love horror, and at the risk of seeming like a real kook, can admit to being "fine" with awful subject matter; I love Last House on the Left and  Hostel, though they're far, far from go-to DVDs because they are truly horrifying for days (and sickening, to be honest). Psycho is not that though; if you can handle Bates Motel, you can definitely handle its roots.

• Love 2