Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

• Start Topic

Tiffany fails in her bid to play peacemaker, as she and LeeAnne end up in a mighty conflict.  Elsewhere, Stephanie receives major bling to commemorate her wedding anniversary, and Brandi hosts a barbecue for her estranged grandfather.

Leanne, please. Lots of people are insecure and lots of people have unstable childhoods. Eventually you need to take responsibility for your own actions, and if you know you've got issues, you deal with them. You don't just incorporate your dysfunction into your personality and shrug your shoulders. She is exhausting. "I didn't say a word on that sidewalk." Girl, bye. 

• Love 13

I have a hard time listening to Brandi due to the number of times she uses the word "like" in her sentences, but my heart broke for her tonight. Re-establishing a relationship with her grandfather was tough enough, then her asshole husband couldn't be bothered to sit down with the man and have a conversation. This marriage is over.

• Love 21

Brandi's husband is a first class douchebag!!!  His behavior at that barbecue was uncalled for.  If I was Brandi, he wouldn't just be sleeping on the couch; he would be signing divorce papers and signing over half of everything he owns and makes to me.  He's too ugly to be acting so high and mighty.

• Love 21

I had to laugh at Tiffany and LeeAnne and their apology competition.  "I was awful to you!  I'm so sorry!"  "I feel so bad, I have such a temper, can you forgive me?"  They both want to be seen as badasses with tempers, apparently.  So phony, as was their altercation last week. 

I wanted to feel bad for Brandi, but first I have to know how Brian really feels about her (and himself and the kids) being on reality TV.  If he's been traveling, he probably didn't feel like getting off a plane and coming right home to a house full of near-strangers.  I would have stopped for a drink too.  Brandi should have planned the cookout for a time when Brian was going to be home, not traveling.  Or for a time when he couldn't be there, since she probably knew he wouldn't be thrilled.

On the other hand, he might not be the sociable type, under any circumstances.  He's shown no personality in any of his scenes.  He strikes me as dull, especially for someone in real estate.  He's no Phil Dunphy, that's for sure.

• Love 17

LeeAnne is scary. Anyone who would go off like that in public, on a busy street of all places, screeching/whacking at cameramen and cable cars, has some serious rage issues. It's a wonder that carnie nutbag has any friends, let alone a loyal friend who puts up with her shit like Tiffany.

I just broke up with a longtime friend who is just like LeeAnne---she had an equally abusive, crazy childhood and would often use that as an excuse to fly into similar rages and make me feel like shit over things that didn't even matter/weren't even slights when she wasn't constantly saying I "didn't have her back." Yes, friends like that are beyond exhausting and will cost you to lose other friends in the same circles. After ten years of her crazy mood swings, I gladly put my foot down and broke all contact---Tiffany needs to do the same for her own sanity.

My heart broke for Brandi. Her husband is quite possibly the douchiest, grossest RH franchise husband to ever be featured yet. There was no excuse whatsoever for him to behave in such a selfishly cold manner after arriving LATE and DRUNK from his "business trip", especially in light of his wife's party and how important it was for her to meet her grandfather that night. Yep, he's totally sleeping around on Brandi and is a dick to boot.

• Love 18
(edited)

I actually felt very badly for Brandy tonight during that barbecue.  First, Stephanie calls her husband and he says that he and Brian are at a bar, having just finished playing golf.  So, was Brian also playing golf when he should have been at home with his wife?

Second, he walks into his home, after being away for who knows how long and doesn't even greet Brandy, never mind give her a kiss or hug??  On top of that, he basically ignores her throughout the whole time he was on camera.

Seeing next week's previews and what we saw tonight, I got a very weird vibe from him.  I was very much reminded of Russel Armstrong (Taylor of RHOBH's husband).  I'm hoping all it is, is that he is just not comfortable in front of the cameras, and was not really on board with the whole "being on a reality show" thing, and that's why he's "traveling" so much and seems so nasty.

And, not to be too catty, but Brian is kind of unfortunate looking - he's not exactly something to swoon over, imo.  

Brandy's Grandfather and his wife seemed like good people - he gave Brandy some good advice. It was interesting to see the side eye he was giving Brian when Brian walked in the house.

On the other hand, I'm kind of warming up to Travis.  He seems a little controlling at times, but Stephanie doesn't seem to mind it too much, and he did take her on a romantic birthday trip, even if it was just overnight.  He held the doors for her, he was respectful and comforting when she was so upset over the Leeanne dustup.  And, wow....that bracelet was unbelievable!!  (I wonder if she actually got to keep it, or if that scene was faked for the show?)

And that charity event...that was considered an actual "event"??  Didn't look like much but a bunch of women outside a church or some other public building, collecting clothes for the poor - we have that in our churches here all the time, but I've never seen it classified as an "event"...there was no food, no drinks...just a collection drop-off area.  

And, the Leeanne and Tiffany fight?  How fake and ridiculous could that have been?  I kept looking to see if I could see the cue cards with their script somewhere!  The guy in background - was he part of the production team?  He was just standing there, checking out his phone, while two she-cats screamed and got in each other's faces - like this is a common, every day experience!!   

I don't like Cary when she is being so dismissive and condescending about her husband.  How embarrassing for him (but, he does have great taste in womens' clothes!)  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

I had to laugh at Tiffany and LeeAnne and their apology competition.  "I was awful to you!  I'm so sorry!"  "I feel so bad, I have such a temper, can you forgive me?"  They both want to be seen as badasses with tempers, apparently.  So phony, as was their altercation last week. 

I wanted to feel bad for Brandi, but first I have to know how Brian really feels about her (and himself and the kids) being on reality TV.  If he's been traveling, he probably didn't feel like getting off a plane and coming right home to a house full of near-strangers.  I would have stopped for a drink too.  Brandi should have planned the cookout for a time when Brian was going to be home, not traveling.  Or for a time when he couldn't be there, since she probably knew he wouldn't be thrilled.

On the other hand, he might not be the sociable type, under any circumstances.  He's shown no personality in any of his scenes.  He strikes me as dull, especially for someone in real estate.  He's no Phil Dunphy, that's for sure.

I am thinking the same thing about Brian.  His trip may have been horrible and he had not decompressed from it yet.  Also, they may be having financial problems given how often he travels and the last thing a breadwinner wants to do is face the in laws when he does not think he doing very well.  I need to know more about why they have issues before I rank him lower than Jim from New Jersey or Slade from the OC.

Mark is just a tad bit creepy.  There is nothing wrong with a man buying clothes for a woman, but something about him doing it is just ick to me.

Stephanie's face seems distorted to me.  I don't know why people think that a plastic face looks better than an aging one.  Its scary to think what she will look like when she is actually old.

Leeanne is a nutjob, but I don't think Tiffany acted like a good friend.  She can be friends with the other women without talking badly about Leeanne.  Her comments at the fundraiser were not loyal.  She was talking shit about Leanne with Leanne's arch nemesis, then she goes and grabs Leeanne to lead her into the lion's den full of women that really don't like Leeanne.  Yeah, not really a good friend move in my opinion.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 4

It would be impossible for Brandi to plan a party when her husband is not traveling since he's always gone.  This was a huge moment in his wife's life, meeting her grandfather for the first time after many years apart. She wanted her husband to be a part of that, as he should be... he's family. But I don't see him sticking around much longer. 

Mark is indeed a wife. LOL, I laughed when she said that. He loves buying women's clothes, and my guess is he tries them on before giving them to his wife. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

My heart broke for Brandi. Her husband is quite possibly the douchiest, grossest RH franchise husband to ever be featured yet. There was no excuse whatsoever for him to behave in such a selfishly cold manner after arriving LATE and DRUNK from his "business trip", especially in light of his wife's party and how important it was for her to meet her grandfather that night. Yep, he's totally sleeping around on Brandi and is a dick to boot.

Brian acted like he was pissed that he had to cut his time with the mistress short to be at a barbecue in honor of the grandfather of the wife he is so done with.  You could see the annoyance in his face.  Pity he tried to hide it using his daughter.  You would think that knowing cameras are filming this he would at least fake being a decent human being.

• Love 15

Brian is THE WORST. I don't even care about this show, and I'm not that wild about Brandi, and yet his behavior filled me with RAGE. Even if they are having financial problems, or he had a rough trip -- too bad, dude. This is a huge moment for your wife, your mother-in-law, your siblings-in-law, and your KIDS -- and haven't he and Brandi been together since they were 12? So he KNOWS what a big deal this is. You suck it up and act like a decent human being for the sake of the people you love for a couple of hours.

I haaaaaaate him now.

• Love 19

When Leeanne was calling Tiffany Fee, I thought it was a diminutive of her name.  Then Tiffany called Leeanne the same thing.  Am I hearing things?

I sort of like how Brandi stands up to Leeanne, and could care less what Leeanne says, does, or thinks of her.  Perhaps the NY cast can fly in and learn how to handle Bethenny.

I've gotten a bad vibe from Brandi's husband since the beginning.  He's cheating - I would bet on it.

2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

LeeAnne is scary. Anyone who would go off like that in public, on a busy street of all places, screeching/whacking at cameramen and cable cars, has some serious rage issues. It's a wonder that carnie nutbag has any friends, let alone a loyal friend who puts up with her shit like Tiffany.

When she whipped off her shoe, I swear I thought Leeanne was going to beat down the trolley with it.  I wonder how hot the pavement was on her bare feet.

2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

On the other hand, I'm kind of warming up to Travis.  He seems a little controlling at times, but Stephanie doesn't seem to mind it too much, and he did take her on a romantic birthday trip, even if it was just overnight.  He held the doors for her, he was respectful and comforting when she was so upset over the Leeanne dustup.  And, wow....that bracelet was unbelievable!!  (I wonder if she actually got to keep it, or if that scene was faked for the show?)

Both Stephanie and her husband are growing on me.  I can't imagine how Ken Todd would have reacted if Stephanie was his wife.  Travis managed to comfort and reassure his wife, let her know that he supported her, dismissed Leeanne's words, and managed it without acting like a fucking jackass.  And Travis seems just as doting and infatuated with his wife as Ken.  And Leeanne's boyfriend did a pretty good job of supporting Leeanne, but not coddling her or justifying her behavior.  He kept it real and let her know that her behavior contributes to these problems.  So, once again, there's evidence that being a good partner doesn't mean you viciously attack anyone who says a cross word to your wife.

• Love 8

So far this was the most watchable episode in my opinion.  I don't think it was a coincidence that it didn't really center on some dumb charity event and mostly just had the housewives doing their own things.  

I echo everyone's comments regarding the poop twins' husbands. 

I feel like at a certain point you have to stop blaming your shitty behavior on your childhood and at ~50 Leann is well past that point.

• Love 6

Hell it sounded like Brian didn't just have a drink but played a round of golf which means he didn't tell her the truth about his travel plans. There is no way he doesn't have a mistress if not a second family.

• Love 12

Dear Leeanne, 

Once you're past the age of twenty five which we all know you are, you no longer get to blame your childhood for being an arsehole and expecting a free pass on said arsehole behaviour. You're almost fifty, you choose who you want to be - I'm twenty years younger and even I've figured this out. Grow up.

Yours Sincerely, 

Someone who pays Hayu £3.99 a month to watch you act like a fool which quite possibly makes me the bigger fool. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I had a bad feeling about Brian and Brandy a few episodes ago when Brandy was crying about Brian not being home hardly ever. I said to myself "these two are getting divorced" I can't believe he didn't even say anything to his wife after being away again. Especially at an important party like this. I say we'll here the d word half way through the season on these two.

Leeann is just scary. Like a bully I'm waiting for someone to knock her off her pedestal. I hope its Brandy

Edited by tinaw
  • Love 7

LeeAnne and Tiffany have a really weird, co-dependent relationship. Did Tiffany really say that LeeAnne didn't speak to her for 2 years after she moved to LA? And the latter is the reason Tiffany moved back? I have some friends that I love dearly, but I've never moved anywhere just for them. Weird. And that fight was intense. Tiffany was insane; I wouldn't tolerate ANYONE literally screaming in my face like that. But then LeeAnne flipped her shit and not only assaulted the camera man, but a passing trolley as well. Yea, you're a great example of a charity madame. I wonder what her boyfriend thinks, he doesn't look like the type to tolerate a bunch of drama. 

I can't figure out what the hell is going on with Brandi's husband. My best guess is that their was marriage trouble prior to the show, but he also really really hates the idea of the show and doesn't want to be on it much. My husband has bad social anxiety, he doesn't usually go with us to gatherings at other people's homes. And when we host, he will make the rounds, but then kind of putter off to the back yard. He's not trying to be rude, but he just really cannot handle all the commotion. But since Brandi hasn't ever mentioned Bryan struggling with something like that, I'm left to assume he's just an ass, who also hates the cameras. 

Who runs off to the golf club for drinks after being out of town for an extended period of time? My husband doesn't travel much for work, but when he does...he can't wait to get home to see the kids. It seems like he was avoiding the house. But then when he did get there, he barely spoke to his wife, and took one of the girls off to swing. It was like he was really trying to avoid the cameras. 

I don't know. I feel bad for Brandi because it seems like her husband is totally checked out and lonely. But then I don't feel bad, because why would you pick to do a reality show and just expose all of the flaws in your marriage and make them worse? They'll be the next RH divorce, mark my words. 

Of course Cary makes her husband get Botox. Of course she does. 

• Love 12

I don't know if I can watch another marriage disintegrate on reality TV.  It just hurt my heart to see the look on Brandi's face when he didn't even touch her or address her when he walked in the door. 

Glad they are showing more of Travis and Stephanie.  Goes to show that first impressions aren't always the whole picture.  The fact that he bought that Rolls that they used on their wedding day when it came up for sale later shows that he is a real romantic at heart. 

Throw me in the bunch that feels Mark's passion for fashion seems a little weird.  Maybe it's because I don't give a rip about it myself though. I wouldn't know who half of these designers were had I not heard their names dropped a zillion times on Bravo. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

It would be impossible for Brandi to plan a party when her husband is not traveling since he's always gone.  This was a huge moment in his wife's life, meeting her grandfather for the first time after many years apart.

Did anyone else notice that when Bryan said hello to the grandfather it seemed as if they'd already met? He walked up to him and was all, "Hey John (or whatever his name is), how's it going today?" I don't know, it just seemed very casual and relaxed, like two people who already knew each other. It made me a bit suspicious. I'm not saying that Brandi wasn't estranged from her grandfather for many years. But I'm almost wondering if their reconciliation hadn't happened prior to filming and they kind of recreated it to have something for a storyline. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

Did anyone else notice that when Bryan said hello to the grandfather it seemed as if they'd already met? He walked up to him and was all, "Hey John (or whatever his name is), how's it going today?" I don't know, it just seemed very casual and relaxed, like two people who already knew each other. It made me a bit suspicious. I'm not saying that Brandi wasn't estranged from her grandfather for many years. But I'm almost wondering if their reconciliation hadn't happened prior to filming and they kind of recreated it to have something for a storyline. 

Brandi's niece (her brother's daughter) was on Brandi's lap at the initial meeting, so maybe her brother was there and they just focused on Brandi and her mom for the show.  I did get the same feeling you had though, so maybe it was a recreation, but the tears felt genuine, so I don't know.

Bah, I'm the forum sap who feels sorry for LeeAnn and her horrible childhood.

Why the hell was Stephanie so traumatized?  I can't with little-girl women, that almost annoys me more that crazy LeeAnn.

• Love 12
(edited)
11 hours ago, 100PercentPain said:

Leanne, please. Lots of people are insecure and lots of people have unstable childhoods. Eventually you need to take responsibility for your own actions, and if you know you've got issues, you deal with them. You don't just incorporate your dysfunction into your personality and shrug your shoulders. She is exhausting. "I didn't say a word on that sidewalk." Girl, bye. 

I LOVE that LeeAnne's boyfriend was not buying a single word of that either.  He could not have been less interested in pretending to be sympathetic to that story.  I'd guess it's a regular occurrence for her.

I'm sort of obsessed with Brandi's two face syndrome. This week I think it's her eyebrows. In the confessionals where she looks good, someone has put brow liner on her so they are more pronounced.  In the day to day scenes, she doesn't do that so her forehead just ends up looking really weird.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 7

I really haven't bothered to learn all their names. Start with Leanne. I was born and raised in Texas and we are proud of being a little nuts but this woman needs to be medicated.

The plastic surgeon is way too into shopping and women's clothes for my taste, kinda feels off to me. And I do not like his wife giving him botox especially since she mentioned in a prior episode he wasn't much when she met him him she had to change him or something to that extent. Sorry but to me she comes off as superficial and ultimately married him for money and status. Even if she has grown to love him now.

Still not feeling Keth Urban clone and his wife. Is it just me or does she seem quite a bit older than him? Maybe her hairstyle.

The blonde one if your husband is that thoughtful and romantic hang on to him tight. I am lucky if mine remembers Mothers Day and gets me a card!

Now onto the ex-cheerleader. Her husband maybe an ass but I think their marital issues run long and deep and they are probably past the point of saving this marriage. Its about time to call it in my opinion.

• Love 6

I agree with all the posters that say Brandi's husband is fooling around on her, it's a shame that I am at work and cannot scream AMEN!!  It did seem odd that he walked in and was rather casual about meeting the grandfather for the first time, like he had seen him yesterday.  I predict that next season they will divorce, Brandi and Leanne will be friends and be on charity boards together.

Did anyone notice that the daughter Brandi bribed to stay out of the garage looked like she was heading in to the garage when people were arriving?  So much for the 10 bucks!

The diamond bracelet was ok, I wasn't wowed by it, don't get me wrong I wouldn't turn it down but that dress was a wow.  Anyone think it odd they have botox at home?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Bah, I'm the forum sap who feels sorry for LeeAnn and her horrible childhood.

Why the hell was Stephanie so traumatized?  I can't with little-girl women, that almost annoys me more that crazy LeeAnn.

It's OK to feel sorry for someone to have come from a tough childhood but that doesn't excuse them from living with a chip on their shoulder and acting like a dramatic asshole around everyone. Glad Leann's boyfriend called her on contributing to the fight. She is exhausting.

We saw Leanne from the side lines work her self up for the fight with Brandi, and then blamed everybody but herself for the blow up. It's everybody else's fault because "they" hit a nerve and got her close to crying when she was the one, always the one looking for a fight.

Brian should have been there for Brandi. He should have just told her "Give me 20 minutes  to decompress get myself together and I'll be down." Then suck it up and be at least cordial.  He may be why she's drinking most every time we see her.

Good on Travis. Let's hope there is more to him than what we were first shown. It may be the to-do lists came about because Steph says she wants to stay at home then complains she is bored but the little stuff around the house isn't getting done.

We have been talking about how Cory talks about her husband. They are both critical of each other. He wants her to be one way to the point of picking out her clothes and as she said he will make a face if he is seeing something he doesn't like and she knows to correct it. She on the other hand points out his flaws. Tit for tat kittycat.

I don't understand Tiffany something about her doesn't make sense. Haven't figured her out yet.

Poor Jesus, Brandi keeps him busy making juice. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Giselle said:

It's OK to feel sorry for someone to have come from a tough childhood but that doesn't excuse them from living with a chip on their shoulder and acting like a dramatic asshole around everyone.

This is how I feel.  I feel most when people have gone through something, survived, and grown.  I have much less sympathy for people who use their history as a crutch or an excuse for bad behavior.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did anyone notice that the daughter Brandi bribed to stay out of the garage looked like she was heading in to the garage when people were arriving?  So much for the 10 bucks!

I bet she'll still get it. 

9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Anyone think it odd they have botox at home?

Not really, considering he's a plastic surgeon and she's his nurse. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not sure about this series. I'm not vested in this show. I'm not keeping the episodes to rewatch and if anybody is gonna ruin it for me it's Leanne.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I wonder what her boyfriend thinks, he doesn't look like the type to tolerate a bunch of drama. 

"Woohoo!  I'm back on TV!"

2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I'm sort of obsessed with Brandi's two face syndrome. This week I think it's her eyebrows. In the confessionals where she looks good, someone has put brow liner on her so they are more pronounced.  In the day to day scenes, she doesn't do that so her forehead just ends up looking really weird.

I think her lower face is involved too.  I noticed that when her mom was all done up to see the grandpa she was sporting the same bad pink eyeshadow look that Brandi's so into.  I wonder if she learned it from her momma or if she did her mom's makeup for her.

• Love 1

When Leeanne was calling Tiffany Fee, I thought it was a diminutive of her name.  Then Tiffany called Leeanne the same thing.  Am I hearing things?

I heard the same thing, then decided it must be "Lee" and "Fee" and I misheard? Maybe I'm wrong, but that at least would make sense...

• Love 2
11 hours ago, swankie said:

Brian acted like he was pissed that he had to cut his time with the mistress short to be at a barbecue in honor of the grandfather of the wife he is so done with.  You could see the annoyance in his face.  Pity he tried to hide it using his daughter.  You would think that knowing cameras are filming this he would at least fake being a decent human being.

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I can't figure out what the hell is going on with Brandi's husband. My best guess is that their was marriage trouble prior to the show, but he also really really hates the idea of the show and doesn't want to be on it much. My husband has bad social anxiety, he doesn't usually go with us to gatherings at other people's homes. And when we host, he will make the rounds, but then kind of putter off to the back yard. He's not trying to be rude, but he just really cannot handle all the commotion. But since Brandi hasn't ever mentioned Bryan struggling with something like that, I'm left to assume he's just an ass, who also hates the cameras. 

Who runs off to the golf club for drinks after being out of town for an extended period of time? My husband doesn't travel much for work, but when he does...he can't wait to get home to see the kids. It seems like he was avoiding the house. But then when he did get there, he barely spoke to his wife, and took one of the girls off to swing. It was like he was really trying to avoid the cameras. 

I don't know. I feel bad for Brandi because it seems like her husband is totally checked out and lonely. But then I don't feel bad, because why would you pick to do a reality show and just expose all of the flaws in your marriage and make them worse? They'll be the next RH divorce, mark my words. 

This is what I don't get - if you are having marriage problems, why sign up for a reality show and have your divorce be your "storyline"?  Seems weird to me.  And yes to Bryan at least trying to act like a decent human being on camera!  My husband isn't too social, but he knows how to greet people properly and then usually just grabs a beer and goes to hang around whomever is doing the grilling, and I'm sure that if he were being filmed he could put a smile on his face and act normal for all of 5 minutes!

Leeanne's an ass but I think Tiffany's full of shit.  I wonder if they planned that whole scene in advance.  And LOL to the dude on his phone right next to them!  Hehe :)

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

The plastic surgeon is way too into shopping and women's clothes for my taste, kinda feels off to me. And I do not like his wife giving him botox especially since she mentioned in a prior episode he wasn't much when she met him him she had to change him or something to that extent. Sorry but to me she comes off as superficial and ultimately married him for money and status. Even if she has grown to love him now.

I am convinced he's a cross-dresser.  He seems to get more turned on by the actual clothes then his wife. 

His wife, by the way, has the neck of a linebacker. Great body, but she's also insufferable to me.

Brandi's husband most def has a girl on the side.  Wouldn't surprise me if she finds out all that travel he was supposedly on never happened.  And my goodness -- the faces of two Brandi's.  Didn't they teach the DCCs how to put makeup on?  Not only is the pink highlighter under her brow is awful, but the washed out frosted pink lipstick?

On Travis...yeah, he seems like a good guy.  But I'd be more impressed with both of them if instead of buying her an expensive bracelet, she said, "Hey honey, how about we donate the $$ instead to charity!"  For fux sake, that's what this whole show is about!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 9

I felt bad for LeeAnne, too, but not because of her background.  Unless you are Cruella Deville and are truly always malicious, it has to hurt and be humiliating to have your best friend tell you everyone she meets in town talks shit about you.  Especially since a lot of those people are probably people LeeAnne considers friends.  There had to be a more tactful way of proving you are a good friend.

Also, I'm skeptical that so many people would run down LeeAnne to Tiffany if these are people Tiffany had just met and if Tiffany had made it clear she and LeeAnne were close friends.  I think it is more likely Tiffany downplays their friendship.

Regarding Brandi's husband, I would bet he was one of those husbands who said she could do the show but he didn't want to be involved and now he is stuck filming scenes with her.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Anyone think it odd they have botox at home?

Not at all.  My former dermatologist kept it in her fridge at home and had her husband or stepson inject her with it to her instructions of course.

• Love 1

I'm really starting to like Brandi, so I have one thing to say:

"Honey, he's promised his girlfriend that he won't show any affection to you on TV.  Dump him NOW--!!!"

I found the jewelry shopping so fake.  Sorry Stephanie.  I didn't even like the bracelet.  

Cary doing Botox at home was weird.  She annoys me.

LeeAnne --- F off.  

• Love 7

Oh, and if looks could kill, Brian would be dead.  The look Brandi's brother gave him was killer.

Loved Stephanie calling him an idiot.

Brian is absolutely nothing to look at.  Gross!

Granddaddy John needs to take him to the wood shed.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ninjago said:

Regarding Brandi's husband, I would bet he was one of those husbands who said she could do the show but he didn't want to be involved and now he is stuck filming scenes with her.

Also -- and maybe I'm projecting my own insecurities here -- he might realize that he's not the TV "type" -- he's not very attractive or outgoing.  I'm finding it hard to believe he's having an affair -- that requires energy, and he doesn't seem to have any. 

There's some passive-aggressive behavior going on with him.  It was a slap in Brandi's face to play golf before going home.  He had to know that, so apparently he just doesn't care.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Also -- and maybe I'm projecting my own insecurities here -- he might realize that he's not the TV "type" -- he's not very attractive or outgoing.  I'm finding it hard to believe he's having an affair -- that requires energy, and he doesn't seem to have any. 

There's some passive-aggressive behavior going on with him.  It was a slap in Brandi's face to play golf before going home.  He had to know that, so apparently he just doesn't care.

If this is an isolated incident, my guess is it was payback for the straddling of dancers.  Maybe Brandi has a history of flirtacious behavior?  And he holds that against her?  Whatever it is, he is totally check out.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, JenFromCincy said:

Glad they are showing more of Travis and Stephanie.  Goes to show that first impressions aren't always the whole picture.  The fact that he bought that Rolls that they used on their wedding day when it came up for sale later shows that he is a real romantic at heart. 

That was sweet.  And I liked how Stephanie waxed nostalgic for her dad's old riding lawn mower (or tractor - can't remember).

8 hours ago, Jel said:

Why the hell was Stephanie so traumatized?  

I'm a grown woman, fully capable of defending myself verbally, and 5'9", but I really can't handle that type of situation.  I completely shut down, and one might assume I came from a violent household (I didn't).  When voices are raised, I head in the opposite direction.  So if I had an enraged woman who was twice my size and screaming in my face, I quite possibly would cry, too.  I just don't know.  But odds are the scene was edited from a much larger incident. 

9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

LeeAnne and Tiffany have a really weird, co-dependent relationship. Did Tiffany really say that LeeAnne didn't speak to her for 2 years after she moved to LA? And the latter is the reason Tiffany moved back? I have some friends that I love dearly, but I've never moved anywhere just for them. Weird. And that fight was intense. Tiffany was insane; I wouldn't tolerate ANYONE literally screaming in my face like that. But then LeeAnne flipped her shit and not only assaulted the camera man, but a passing trolley as well. Yea, you're a great example of a charity madame. I wonder what her boyfriend thinks, he doesn't look like the type to tolerate a bunch of drama. 

I know Leeanne didn't really hurt the camera man, but it enraged me.  It's not like she was being stalked by TMZ.  The camera man was doing his job, and she lashed out at him knowing full well he could not retaliate.  I have zero tolerance for it, and IMO, should be grounds for immediate dismissal.  But I think Leeanne is the one the want to build this franchise around, so she's untouchable.

7 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I get the same impression, but I'll add in the incentives of breast implants, lipo, and unlimited botox.

And I don't think it's great advertising for his practice that his wife self-injects botox at will, and straddles him to administer it as he's objecting.  Also - I've never seen it injected so roughly.  What a loving wife.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Who was that little dude in the ball cap texting away when Leanne and Tiffany were fighting of the street?  

While watching I assumed he was a producer, and he was worried fists were going to fly.  Maybe he was frantically texting his boss:  These chicks are nuts, and they're twice my size!  He seemed fearless though, and it made for an unintended comical moment.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Giselle said:

We have been talking about how Cory talks about her husband. They are both critical of each other. He wants her to be one way to the point of picking out her clothes and as she said he will make a face if he is seeing something he doesn't like and she knows to correct it. She on the other hand points out his flaws. Tit for tat kittycat.

This is what I did not like about him picking out her clothes.  It was like he was creating the image that he wanted to see and that bothered me.  He seems to be obsessive about it.  Of course, she is too so there is that.

5 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I think her lower face is involved too.  I noticed that when her mom was all done up to see the grandpa she was sporting the same bad pink eyeshadow look that Brandi's so into.  I wonder if she learned it from her momma or if she did her mom's makeup for her.

Pink and purple shadows are not for them.

5 hours ago, ninjago said:

I felt bad for LeeAnne, too, but not because of her background.  Unless you are Cruella Deville and are truly always malicious, it has to hurt and be humiliating to have your best friend tell you everyone she meets in town talks shit about you.  Especially since a lot of those people are probably people LeeAnne considers friends.  There had to be a more tactful way of proving you are a good friend.

Also, I'm skeptical that so many people would run down LeeAnne to Tiffany if these are people Tiffany had just met and if Tiffany had made it clear she and LeeAnne were close friends.  I think it is more likely Tiffany downplays their friendship.

Tiffany was not a friend to LeeAnne for sure.  Friends don't just stand around letting other folks say nasty things about their friend without defending that person or simply excusing themselves.  Tiffany can be friends with the other women and tell them not to say anything to her about LeeAnne.  If you have been friends for someone 30 years, you learn to look over the crap and focus on the good stuff. 

2 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I wonder if that scene was a reenactment.  He was flat emotionally, but he greeted everyone and awkwardly hugged his brother law as if he was just going through the motions.  He was not surprised at all meeting Brandi's grandfather which tells me they had already met.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Who was that little dude in the ball cap texting away when Leanne and Tiffany were fighting of the street?

I bet he was texting his friend, "Cat fight!!!"  Lol!

• Love 4

I can't believe Brandi is young.  She has awful skin.  HDTV does her no favors.

I feel for Leanne, as for her not "marrying well"...well, I think stuff like that is all a crapshoot anyway.  Two women dressed exactly the same go to a dance, Woman A meets a wealthy man, Woman B doesn't; it's just the luck of the draw.  Maybe Leanne is upset that she didn't "marry well."

• Love 2

^^^^^^^

For me its Brandy's mom whose age I can't believe.  If Brandy is 36, and her mom had her at 16, the mom is 52.  I turn 50 later this year, don't look particularly young for my age, and I look a good 15 years younger than her.

The only thing I can think of, is that her mom has spent the past 40 years constantly in the sun, while drinking gallons of alcohol and smoking a pack a day.

• Love 11