Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm Plot Holes

On 8/23/2016 at 2:59 PM, OtterMommy said:

Recent conversations in spoilers and the Everything wrong thread reminded me of this one:

113) In season 3, after Renard has Eric assassinated, his mother calls to congratulate him and she has a very thick French accent.  When she shows up in season 4, she has a British accent.  I'm not bothered by the voice being different, but different accents is just sloppy.

Good catch.  

I was annoyed that Elizabeth was the SAME age as her son.  Sheesh.  I always enjoyed how OUAT had Emma the same age as her parents, but Grimm and Sleepy Hollow seem to copy that idea.  

1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

Good catch.  

I was annoyed that Elizabeth was the SAME age as her son.  Sheesh.  I always enjoyed how OUAT had Emma the same age as her parents, but Grimm and Sleepy Hollow seem to copy that idea.  

The age thing wouldn't have bothered me if there had been some sort of explanation (beyond "she had some work done").  This applies to so many of the spoilers here:  All they needed to do was give us an explanation--and, since this is fantasy shows, those explanations could be completely BSC--and we'd accept it.  But they don't even go that for--they just assume that the audience is stupid enough not to ask questions.

• Love 1

115) The show never explained the black leopard that we saw at the graveyard when Nick and Juliette said goodbye to Marie.  Ha!  I finally remembered to jot this plot hole down last night on my phone!  This plot hole really bugs the heck out of me, because we should have seen something in the Grimm books that mentioned the black leopard and how they show up when a Grimm is buried.  

2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

115) The show never explained the black leopard that we saw at the graveyard when Nick and Juliette said goodbye to Marie.  Ha!  I finally remembered to jot this plot hole down last night on my phone!  This plot hole really bugs the heck out of me, because we should have seen something in the Grimm books that mentioned the black leopard and how they show up when a Grimm is buried.  

I don't think it was a black leopard.  I think it was the mellifer that shows up in the next episode.  At least that is how I always remembered it, but I could be wrong and I just don't have it in me for this show to go back and check

4 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

I don't think it was a black leopard.  I think it was the mellifer that shows up in the next episode.  At least that is how I always remembered it, but I could be wrong and I just don't have it in me for this show to go back and check

Nope.  It was a black cat which looked like a leopard to me, because it was really big and black!  The cat came out of the bushes behind Nick and Juliette when they were leaving the cemetery.   I kept wondering when the show would come back and tell us why the cat was coming out of the bushes, but it probably is just another plot hole that they clearly forgot about!

116) Adalind told Nick her father left home when she was four and she was home schooled.  Ummm.  Is Mr. Schade still alive?  Did Mr. Schade pay child support, because Catherine did not act like she had a job and all of her things were placed in storage.  

On 9/3/2016 at 10:59 PM, OtterMommy said:
On 9/3/2016 at 9:29 PM, Darklazr said:

The age thing wouldn't have bothered me if there had been some sort of explanation (beyond "she had some work done").  This applies to so many of the spoilers here:  All they needed to do was give us an explanation--and, since this is fantasy shows, those explanations could be completely BSC--and we'd accept it.  But they don't even go that for--they just assume that the audience is stupid enough not to ask questions.

See, I was kind of OK with this because (a) they acknowledged the weirdness of it with other characters' bemused glances and Renard's tongue-in-cheek tone when he said "she had some work done", and (b) we've seen that hexenbiests have a slug-based beauty regimen that perhaps reduces signs of aging. Of course, I may be being especially forgiving since I thought Elizabeth and Renard had quite nice mother/son chemistry.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tpel said:

See, I was kind of OK with this because (a) they acknowledged the weirdness of it with other characters' bemused glances and Renard's tongue-in-cheek tone when he said "she had some work done", and (b) we've seen that hexenbiests have a slug-based beauty regimen that perhaps reduces signs of aging. Of course, I may be being especially forgiving since I thought Elizabeth and Renard had quite nice mother/son chemistry.

This!  This is why I thought it was so dumb that Elizabeth and Kelly never met head to head over her raising what SHE thinks is her granddaughter (that kid is Eric's!).  I enjoyed Renard and his scenes with his "mother!"

On 11/28/2016 at 0:34 PM, Darklazr said:

Nope.  It was a black cat which looked like a leopard to me, because it was really big and black!  The cat came out of the bushes behind Nick and Juliette when they were leaving the cemetery.   I kept wondering when the show would come back and tell us why the cat was coming out of the bushes, but it probably is just another plot hole that they clearly forgot about!

No it was mellifer watch the scene again.

• Love 1