Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Israel Meets Spurgeon

• Start Topic

Jessa and Ben experience what life is like in a foreign country with a young son; Jill and Derick remember their beginnings together in Nepal and the adventures that have led them to Central America.

Israel meets Spurgeon.  Muffyn doesn't care.  The one thing they can count on is I won't be watching Counting On.  I just stop by for the snark. 

• Love 8

I'm sure it'll be all about how Jill falls in love with the first boy daddy let her meet, over the Internet, no less, with Ma and PA listening in!  Giggling Jill meeting D in Nepal, with Daddy constantly getting between the two. Yeah, Totally!  Jill, saying yes to D's proposal.  Snooze.

• Love 2
(edited)

So its a baby.  Meeting another baby. That could qualify as a commercial, not a one-hour episode.  And a regular commercial at that.  Not one of those 14-minute commercials for other TLC shows they air during Counting On bc no advertiser in their right mind wants to be associated with this shit.

ETA:  And I will be watching every minute of it :(.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

So its a baby.  Meeting another baby. That could qualify as a commercial, not a one-hour episode.  And a regular commercial at that.  None of these 14-minute commercials for other TLC shows they air during Counting On bc no advertiser in their right mind wants to be associated with this shit.

This does seem to be TLC's procedure at the moment, their MO for handling the Duggar "franchise." We'll invest our $ right now, since we can't find anyone to kick in with their own funds, and if it takes off, then we'll be back on Cash Street like before..." But I can't see this going on. I honestly can't imagine what ANYONE, even leghumpers, would find watchable. Even the Duggar kids who're being [basically] forced to participate don't seem to be into it. They look like they're half-heartedly treading water until the cameras are permanently gone, and their next steps can officially start. Whatever the heck that might be, of course... Poor kids. 

• Love 2

So it sounds like two infants meeting each other, Bin and Jessa not having all the comforts of home, and lots of clips from a couple of years ago.

I think I'll just turn off the TV and watch paint dry. Should be more exciting.

• Love 4

I wouldn't count on it, since those same parents are responsible for what little education and insight into the world that they have. Since none of them have branched out, other than changing location, I don't hold out much hope for them.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ingenting said:

In a country that specifically forbids foreign adoptions due to the numbers of foreign adoptions exceeding recorded numbers of children available for adoption!

But they never said they wanted to adopt a BROWN baby, did they?                                Maybe I'm off base, but I see them wanting a white baby..just a feeling I get.

OT, but I'm white and my husband is Puerto Rican, we've been married 47 years and have 13 grands in many various (beautiful) shades. You have to be up for the questions if you're white and your kid is not. (No, I'm not babysitting, these are MY kids)

I honestly don't think Jill (in particular) would handle those questions tactfully.

Again, just a gut feeling I have (with probably no basis in fact whatsoever)  ;-)

• Love 6

I say there will be 17 minutes of unseen programming. 17 out of 60. The footage will include Derick & Ben talking fatherhood. Jill & Jessa holding their boys, standing next to each other, saying - Can you believe we're mothers. And Jinger saying she is not courting anyone. Oh and a new clip of Jana discussing the dangers of being in Central America.

• Love 6
(edited)

I honestly don't think Jill (in particular) would handle those questions tactfully.

Are you kidding? A brown baby would let Jill grift, er, brag, er minister, yeah, minister to people about her life changing work in Central America. It'd be like freaking holiness trophy. (But I do agree these Are not the most racially sensitive people. Jill would say she loves the baby 'anyway'.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 8

Oh let's have some fun tonight - Drinking Game anyone?

There are so many choices -  Adoption, Pregnancy,  Life Changing/Altering, Courtship, Central America, In the Field, Mission Work, Season of Life 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Oh let's have some fun tonight - Drinking Game anyone?

There are so many choices -  Adoption, Pregnancy,  Life Changing/Altering, Courtship, Central America, In the Field, Mission Work, Season of Life 

A shot for every In-the-field, and no one will make to work tomorrow.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Ok, so who's pregnancy will be announced tonight? Line right up and place your bets!

Someone at FJ claimed they saw a preview with Muffy saying that she's NOT knocked up. But since tonight is All About Jill and Triple D, I'll hedge that bet.

10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

A shot for every In-the-field, and no one will make to work tomorrow.

They use the wrong preposition and say "ON the field." It drives me nuts! 

• Love 2

You have to be up for the questions if you're white and your kid is not. (No, I'm not babysitting, these are MY kids)

The reverse happened to my mother-in-law. She and my father-in-law are both Mexican and my husband is very light skinned (and was blond as a baby). Some lady on the bus with her asked how much the parents paid her to babysit their baby...

• Love 4

They have to have some big end-of-season announcement. Maybe Jilly Muffin and Jessa Blessa are BOTH pregnant! Imagine the ratings.

If they really want to go for ratings, Jinger is announcing a courtship tonight as well. Of course she can't do this without her parents interrupting and sharing their "godly wisdom", so it's going to be the first on-camera appearance for Jim Boob and J-Chelle.

Maybe Joshley Madison and Anna will be pressed into offering the happy couple some premarital counseling!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Missy Vixen said:

They have to have some big end-of-season announcement. Maybe Jilly Muffin and Jessa Blessa are BOTH pregnant! Imagine the ratings.

If they really want to go for ratings, Jinger is announcing a courtship tonight as well. Of course she can't do this without her parents interrupting and sharing their "godly wisdom", so it's going to be the first on-camera appearance for Jim Boob and J-Chelle.

Maybe Joshley Madison and Anna will be pressed into offering the happy couple some premarital counseling!

Imagine if Anna was pregnant as well? 

12 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Imagine if Anna was pregnant as well? 

I realize this is not for those of weak stomach.

If all three of them are PG, Nancy and the CEO of Discovery Networks/TLC would be on the way to Tontitown to perform -- well, even I can't go there.

• Love 3

Is it just me or does it rub you the wrong way when Jill keeps saying she wants to take all the kids, walk out with a bunch etc.

These a CHILDREN. Not Barbies at Target. 

It feels like JILL wants to collect babies much like her mother. I just don't hear much about what is best for the child, the child's feeling, the child's history, the child's emotional needs. It's all about JILL. JILL wants a child. 

I would love to adopt but I think about the child's needs and can I provide what the child needs.  It's not about me. 

Maybe jill's heart is in the right place but it certainly sounds wrong/bad edit. 

• Love 15
(edited)

So no "life-changing" announcement (to give them a chance at another season) yet? I read that Muffy said she wasn't knocked up. That could have been true when Jessa visited Danger America 6 weeks ago, but maybe not NOW. They like to do that. Maybe a little video at the end. 

Sounds like there was nothing during the show. Are they forcing the audience to watch whatever is now on to see a pre-taped blurb like they did with those horrible interviews with the boydults the last few weeks?

Edited by Sew Sumi

Given that there were probably 10 minutes of new material, there really isn't much to snark about.  I don't see how TLC can justify renewing this show, especially since it doesn't have a lot of sponsors.  I have a feeling the Dillards are using birth control.

• Love 6

Hmm. When they announced the life-changing thingy, I figured the season was extremely boring because they had footage that would give away the secret life-changing announcement. Now I'm baffled. An entire season of previous footage and extended promos repeated endlessly and NO life-changing announcement. It's almost like they were just fulfilling an obligation in the most basic way possible. But then, why give out the bait in the first place? It was such an obvious omission.  

Really Jill. Your water was broke. GRRR!!!  I am not really feeling the love between Jill and Jessa. I see more love between a fire hydrant and the neighborhood dogs. Are the poor children in the orphanage desperate to the point they want a Duggar to adopt them. Yes Derick, Israel is his own person until you and Jill turn him into a robot who parrots his parents way of thinking. I am sure God is working 24/7 to help you decide if you will have another child. And Jinger saying Jill is normal. I think the heat in Central America is affecting her thinking.

Although it was nice to see the dynamic of the older kids without the parents, it was pretty boring. The backgrounds on some of the interviews was weird. 

Am I imagining things or was there a clip of Jana at the beginning of the season where she mentioned something unexpected happening like someone came out of nowhere?

What I find interesting was the way Jill was acting like she was an inspiration to the local women. I would love to see her live in a mud hut with the bare necessities and having to find a way to take care of her family without TLC and donations.

(edited)

I guess I missed something because I didn't hear either of them speaking Spanish beyond a quick "hola" here and there. The people who have sent them money for this "ministry" must be fuming. First, it was all the trips back to the US for this and that, but this time they were going and staying and taking immersion language classes. What do they do all day?

This was just embarrassing. TLC paid to fly all of those people to Central America for this?

ETA: OMG! How could I forget Jessa telling us that life in the mission field is "hard, really hard. They don't even have air conditioning."

Edited by cmr2014
Forgot the dumbest thing in the entire episode
  • Love 17

Jessa and Jill plan to be pregnant at the same time?? How do they plan to do that -- one gets knocked up, texts the other, and then that one gets busy with her husband??

Also it seems like Jinger is courting -- by the way she said she wouldn't have to go around the world to a husband.

Wondering if Anna is a little "hurt" watching this episode. She fancies herself a Duggar sister and they made ever distinction they could between their sisters and their brother's wife -- i.e. it's different when your sister has a baby rather than just your sister in law; it's different when your sister gets married rather than your brother. I'm sure they didn't do it to hurt Anna -- rather they are still distancing themselves from their disgusting brother. Yet sometimes it feels like Anna thinks the Duggar girls are the only ones she has for support and here they are saying --well you're not THAT important bc you're affiliated with our disgusting brother.

• Love 7

No announcement on TLC or social media about a pregnancy or courtship. I stick with my hypothesis that the "life-changing" announcement was just a ploy for viewers. 

• Love 5

Did one of the sisters talk about how Jill "walked through" her pregnancy? I wasn't sure whether I heard that correctly. I know they love to use the "walk through" phrase to talk about challenges, etc., but it seems odd to use it to talk about pregnancy.

The only walking through I did during my pregnancy was pacing back and forth while I was in early labor

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

On their blog, Ma and Pa Duggar are begging the humpers to bug TLC to bring their show back for another season.

Where is that?  All I saw were plugs for the season just ending.  Thanks.

(edited)

Lily and Ellie's fan blog, not the Duggars themselves. See the bottom of their post. 

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/

eta: I read the comments on the blog (so far, just a few), and to a person, the leghumpers are pissed that they were misled about the "life-changing" announcement. One even came up with my theory! LOL

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Muffyn said:

Israel meets Spurgeon.  Muffyn doesn't care.  The one thing they can count on is I won't be watching Counting On.  I just stop by for the snark. 

LOL!  Same here, Muffyn!

19 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

On their blog, Ma and Pa Duggar are begging the humpers to bug TLC to bring their show back for another season.

I would beg money for Kanye West before I'd do anything to keep this shitshow going.  A bunch of famewhore, lying, hypocritical morons.  All of them.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Why were they playing soccer/futbol on cement?

Reminds me of my husband's family's land in Puerto Rico. For miles around...there are NO flat surfaces anywhere.

Except for places like that cement court that was probably professionally chisled out of the rocky land (like for a school.)

It's probably the only practical place they can play where they won't be tripping over embedded rocks, and losing the soccer ball/futbal when someone kicks it and it rolls down a hill, down into the dense tropical undergrowth..never to be found again.

Yep..my kids lost many, many balls that way when we went to visit.

But OUCH to the scrapes they must get!

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

What I find interesting was the way Jill was acting like she was an inspiration to the local women. I would love to see her live in a mud hut with the bare necessities and having to find a way to take care of her family without TLC and donations.

Yeah, like REAL missionaries live.  Someone up thread said that Blessa talked about how hard missionary life is because "no air conditioning".  The stupid bitch doesn't care that most Central Americans don't have a/c, AND I'd be willing to bet that some of the sheeple that financed the Dillard's faux mission trip don't have a/c either.  Can these nutjobs be anymore spoiled and entitled?!?!  SMDH

• Love 6

Apparently, during the Roloffs, there was a taped segment with Benessa that told us absolutely nothing. Milestones, watching Ben "love on" Spooge, dropping said kid off at the compound for dates. Often. No announcements.

The end. 

• Love 1