Type keyword(s) to search

The Magnificent Golden Loop: Scheduling notes

("Loop" since there are only 3 seasons, doomed to repeat....)

I emailed Me-TV using the Contact Us form on their site to ask about "The Return of Wonder Woman," the Season 2 premiere that Me-TV skipped a week ago, and they told me that it will air in its full 90-minute glory on Friday, April 25, 8 Pm EDT.

The first season was definitely the best, but I will give the producers props for the way the credits and costume followed the comics Diana's: in S1, she wore the classic WWII costume with the fully-defined eagle, and the cursive lettering in the big "Wonder Woman" title mirrored the original logo.  At the beginning of S2, the on-screen logo matched the one that was then-current in the comics, and she wore the modern, more stylized eagle emblem as the show moved to the 70's.

Of course, midway through S2 they did away with the animated credits entirely in favor of a more-traditional 70's open.  :(

• Love 1

I also noted that it is NOT being picked up by my DVR Series setting; had to set it manually.  YMMV.  :)

I'm not having any problems with my dvr picking it up. Sadly though, the more I watch this show, the more I think there is NO ONE out there who can play Wonder Woman other than Lynda. Okay, Lucy Lawless. But that's it. Everyone else that I see...just leave me cold.

Thanks for the warning -- I had to set mine manually too.

I have to agree -- I haven't seen anyone else (othe rthan Lucy Lawless) who could pull off Wonder Woman satisfactorally. It worries me. I *know* the right person has to be out there. Lynda just captured the character so perfectly. Her own inexperience actually contributed to the allure of the character in the first season where Diana was supposed to be innocent and naive.

• Love 2

Another warning, although this one IS being picked up by my DVR: MeTV is running both parts of "Mind Stealers from Outer Space" this Friday night in their TV-Movie timeslot.

• Love 1

What they should have been promoting as "Wonder Woman Month" concludes this Friday night with the final 2-parter, "The Phantom of the Roller Coaster," which were the final episodes broadcast (although per the WP listing not the last shot, and not strictly in accord with the series timeline as Diana had moved to LA in the prior ep).

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2014 at 3:31 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm not having any problems with my dvr picking it up. Sadly though, the more I watch this show, the more I think there is NO ONE out there who can play Wonder Woman other than Lynda. Okay, Lucy Lawless. But that's it. Everyone else that I see...just leave me cold.

AMEN!! I do NOT like Gail Godot (sorry, but I don't) That costume of hers was ALL WRONG and I do NOT see any hope for this Wonder Woman movie coming out! God, they can't even get her home right! It's PARADISE ISLAND!!

But I'm so glad ME TV brought this show back! I always had fond memories of watching the reruns with my mother, and little 4 year old me having my first hero and wanting to be like her. Now...over 30 years later..I'm still watching it with my mother! :)

Lynda Carter 4-ever!!

10 hours ago, SpikeGal said:

AMEN!! I do NOT like Gail Godot (sorry, but I don't) That costume of hers was ALL WRONG and I do NOT see any hope for this Wonder Woman movie coming out! God, they can't even get her home right! It's PARADISE ISLAND!!

Just for the record, the island was renamed Themyscira in the comics when George Perez took on the series in 1986.  So using that name in the movie makes sense, at least to me.  :)

• Love 1