Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E01: Mexican Standoff

• Start Topic

Whenever I hear Frank I think of the guy from Real World Las Vegas and not the above-pictured one, whose original season I did not see, and whose Challenge scenes I would have preferred not to see!  Not that the previous Frank is any great shakes either, because I seem to recall a post-season story of him breaking into a house that was for sale and pooping in it (seriously, what the F), but he shines in comparison to the above Frank.  Unless of course there's more bad stuff about him, and I wouldn't put that past any of these folks.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

The best thing about this season is that I won't have to decide who I want to go home/hate more--Johnny or Sarah.  I hate Johnny for obvious reasons but I think I might dislike Sarah more.  She just grates my nerves--reminds me of one of those girls who brags about hating girls and only having guy friends.  I just know she's that girl.

I could not stand Sarah her first few seasons.  Between being firmly planted up Kenny's backside, desperate for his attention, and then how shitty she and Laurel were to Cara Maria, for no good reason, I just could not stand her.  But, at some point over her last couple seasons, she grew on me.  It was probably her unrivaled enthusiasm for every weird stunt this show has them do.  "I"m going to be running on top of a moving semi truck?  Awesome!"  She knows what she signed up for and loves every minute of it, unlike a lot of other cast members.  Screwing over John certainly helped, as well.  

• Love 6
On 5/11/2016 at 1:16 PM, KerleyQ said:

I could not stand Sarah her first few seasons.  Between being firmly planted up Kenny's backside, desperate for his attention, and then how shitty she and Laurel were to Cara Maria, for no good reason, I just could not stand her.  But, at some point over her last couple seasons, she grew on me.  It was probably her unrivaled enthusiasm for every weird stunt this show has them do.  "I"m going to be running on top of a moving semi truck?  Awesome!"  She knows what she signed up for and loves every minute of it, unlike a lot of other cast members.  Screwing over John certainly helped, as well.  

I despised Sarah too, and now I can't remember why. I just recall that scene during The Ruins where Katie (angry about the boys putting a used toilet plunger in her bed) screams at Sarah and kicks her out of the room, and I definitely recall being on Katie's side. Which is weird, because not only was Katie totally out of line to take her anger at Kenny out on Sarah, but I didn't even like Katie! So for me, to take the side of someone I didn't like who was clearly in the wrong, I must have really disliked Sarah. There must be something more than her crush on Kenny but I don't remember what.

And then I thought she was ridiculous sobbing and shrieking at Vinny about how his assault on Mandy meant she had to go home- she sure didn't care about what Vinny did to Mandy before she realized it  would affect her. And, this wasn't Sarah's fault, but it really annoyed me how the general consensus seemed to be that Mandy overreacted and was more to blame for Sarah being sent home than Vinny was.

The turning point for me in liking Sarah was during Battle of the Seasons, when she and Chet volunteered to go in to the elimination round to prove it was nothing to be worried about. It always drove me crazy when someone (like, say, Susie) would interview about what a badass they were and how his or her dead body would have to be carried out of the pit before they would give up, and then spend the whole day scheming and manipulating to avoid the elimination game, and act like a bitch to whoever voted them in - or in Johnny's case, even considered voting him in. LIke if you think you're such a badass, why not volunteer for the elimination and prove it? So when Sarah did that, I really liked her. Now she is one of my favorites, but that doesn't really say much for this crew.

• Love 2