Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/02/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Way too much focus on Miss Whoopi today. The nun story was nice, but Whoopi didn't buy them any of that stuff, right? Wasn't it all sponsored? And yet she gets all the credit. And then she shows up on The Chew. She refuses to devote the time and energy to this show it deserves, instead falling back on her celebrity status to carry her. I sure hope the rumors are true and she's gone at the end of the season. When is that anyway?

• Love 6
On 5/5/2016 at 2:02 AM, GiveMeSpace said:

Regarding Sarah Jessica Parker-I know she isn't "classically attractive" with perfect features, but I think she can be at times, stunning. I get tired of all the perfect faces and really enjoy an interesting face. (I have been taking film classes that cover films in the 50s and 60s-we used to have actors and actresses that looked like normal people)I remember reading an interview with her one time and she talked about growing up poor. She was asked what the worst thing about it was and she said that it was watching her parents be sad about not being able to do better for their kids. The parents were worried about the kids and the kids were worrying about the parents. That just rang really true for me and I understood exactly what she meant. Count me as a fan.

For me, it's not about her looks.  I agree that she can look pretty at times.  My issue is that she's hailed as a fashion icon, and I think her taste in fashion is pretty awful.  I've rarely seen her wear anything that I thought was attractive, and a lot of it, IMO, is really ugly & unflattering.  Way too "out there", and not in a good way.  

But as I said, I have heard wonderful things about how sweet she is, and I've heard that so often that I have to believe it's true.  So I'm not NOT a fan.  I just don't get the "fashion icon" thing.  At all.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This show...........on their Facebook page:

Be Raven-Symoné's stylist! She's getting a mani that will bring the bling—which color scheme should she try on her nails? Vote now!

OMG, does anyone really care about this stuff?  I am not the slightest bit interested in anyone's manis, really, and most especially Raven's.

Or anything to do with her at all.

They should put her on a kids' show, and let the tweens vote on stuff like that.  The dumb ones.  Because I'm sure the smart ones probably couldn't care less either.

• Love 11

I can only imagine the ton of pressure & anxiety Raven must feel when getting a mani. I mean come on. She might actually have put her phone down for a few minutes! I've heard that Twitter withdrawals are hell!

• Love 6

I don't think the View knows their audience at all.  Do they really think we care about Raven getting a manicure?

And if the argument is that same old stale wrong belief that people want mindless drivel then they can take that argument and shove it.

Just because more people eat junk food than healthy food doesn't mean junk food should be what more people want.  So if ABC would stop shoving the equivalent of pork rinds at us and offer up some fruits and vegetables then maybe more people would watch.

• Love 6

Air head Sara Haines back today. What was the point of having her back?

I'm now convinced more than ever she will be on next season. Why would they give the kid a bib with "Little Co-Host" if she wasn't a co-host?

• Love 4

Haven't watched this show in ages, but can I say that I hate that the accent on Raven's name is misleading and how she pronounces her name is not how her name would be pronounced?   Is that even her real name?

• Love 4

Pamela Anderson’s lips were so lopsided… Love Lily Tomlin, and both she and Fonda are fantastic actors. I haven’t seen the show yet; it’s somewhere down my Netflix queue.

I'm guessing they planned the Mother's Day months ago for Sara Haines.

• Love 1
(edited)
41 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Pamela Anderson’s lips were so lopsided… Love Lily Tomlin, and both she and Fonda are fantastic actors. I haven’t seen the show yet; it’s somewhere down my Netflix queue.

I'm guessing they planned the Mother's Day months ago for Sara Haines.

Exactly! her face looked really weird and I cannot put my finger on it..Plus, she says that she sleeps with her makeup on....That could be the reason why she looked so weird..I know what we all get older, but, there was something off about her...Joy continues to be so bloody awesome..Why did they let her go in the first place..Her presence and intelligence elevates the show...Raven needs to go yesterday,why does she feel that her opinions about politics are more valid than everybody else's, she really needs to go somewhere..Her arrogance makes me stabby...Paula actually annoyed me today, she was channeling the Whoopster's rudeness, I did not like her tone with Joy today....Her staunch defense of Trump is starting to remind me of Whoopie's defense of Cosby..I will never believe that Latins will vote for Trump...I miss Michelle, I wanted to see her today. I know that I am a lone wolf on this, but, I really like Michelle...I want her to stay...It cannot be said enough, I don't give a F...ck about Sarah Haines...I am glad that she is happy with motherhood and I wish her well, but, I don't need to see her on the view....Sunny is so refreshing and she has really grown on me...A day without the Whoopster's overbearing presence is always a good day. Happy Mother's day! to the Moms on this board....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

It cannot be said enough, I don't give a F...ck about Sarah Haines...I am glad that she is happy with motherhood and I wish her well, but, I don't need to see her on the view..

Well said. I couldn't agree more!

Sara Haines is an airhead and adds nothing to this show. I'm afraid she will be there  next season. I couldn't take it when Rosie Perez was there so I'll be out again.

• Love 1

I came in late and had no idea who that was sitting in the middle since I didn't hear her say a word until the giveaway. 

Yesterday I loved the segment with the adorable nuns but wish Whoopi hadn't made it all about her by surprising them and coming out in costume. 

• Love 4

I wondered how surprised the nuns could be seeing Whoopie on the show where she's a co-host.  I also thought she was kind of rude to the two nuns who rushed over to her.  It looked like they wanted to hug her and she turned her back to them.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Exactly! her face looked really weird and I cannot put my finger on it..Plus, she says that she sleeps with her makeup on....That could be the reason why she looked so weird..I know what we all get older, but, there was something off about her...Joy continues to be so bloody awesome..Why did they let her go in the first place..Her presence and intelligence elevates the show...Raven needs to go yesterday,why does she feel that her opinions about politics are more valid than everybody else's, she really needs to go somewhere..Her arrogance makes me stabby...Paula actually annoyed me today, she was channeling the Whoopster's rudeness, I did not like her tone with Joy today....Her staunch defense of Trump is starting to remind me of Whoopie's defense of Cosby..I will never believe that Latins will vote for Trump...I miss Michelle, I wanted to see her today. I know that I am a lone wolf on this, but, I really like Michelle...I want her to stay...It cannot be said enough, I don't give a F...ck about Sarah Haines...I am glad that she is happy with motherhood and I wish her well, but, I don't need to see her on the view....Sunny is so refreshing and she has really grown on me...A day without the Whoopster's overbearing presence is always a good day. Happy Mother's day! to the Moms on this board....

You are not a lone wolf!  I, too, love Michelle. And as with you, Sunny is slowly growing on me.  Paula annoys me everyday and my fervent wish is that her contract isn't renewed but I'll never be that lucky.  Sarah adds nothing to the panel ever, but she sure has one heck of an adorable baby.  And he has better hair than Trump.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, roseslg said:

Haven't watched this show in ages, but can I say that I hate that the accent on Raven's name is misleading and how she pronounces her name is not how her name would be pronounced?   Is that even her real name?

Yes! I've been saying that forever! The way she spells it would be pronounced "Symon-aye" How does she not know this!?! I'm sure she added that stupid accent mark sometime in her 20s thinking she was cool and different. 

• Love 4

In the discussion of Trump eating a taco bowl (from his own trump towers restaurant)  and proclaiming "I love Hispanics"  Paula seemed genuinely confused by how this was offensive - she asked if he should have used a different term.  Clearly, she thought that the criticism was around the word "Hispanic", and not about Trump thinking that eating some sort of taco on a Mexican holiday would negate all his past slurs about Mexicans.  (AND the self-promotion involved in talking about a restaurant where he clearly has a financial interest).  Paula took the same stance that people on Fox News did -  Questioning how it could be considered offensive.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, backformore said:

In the discussion of Trump eating a taco bowl (from his own trump towers restaurant)  and proclaiming "I love Hispanics"  Paula seemed genuinely confused by how this was offensive - she asked if he should have used a different term.  Clearly, she thought that the criticism was around the word "Hispanic", and not about Trump thinking that eating some sort of taco on a Mexican holiday would negate all his past slurs about Mexicans.  (AND the self-promotion involved in talking about a restaurant where he clearly has a financial interest).  Paula took the same stance that people on Fox News did -  Questioning how it could be considered offensive.

Which is why I can't stand her.  Totally clueless about anything outside of her cozy little comfort zone.  Twit. 

• Love 10

Oh Geeze.

Tuesday's show got interrupted twice--first right after the divorce talk, when my local news interrupted about a someone "carjacking" a bus, when really, shouldn't it be "busjacking?" and at the end, with the same news they got the guy. I think.

And then yesterday's show was interrupted by the news, the asshole in charge of our Metro system, trying to explain his new plan to fix the multitude of problems these past two weeks, after shutting down the whole system for 39 hours in March--something unprecedented and never done, to FIX the same problem, which wasn't fixed. Anyhoo, I just deleted it, so didn't see yesterday's show.

But Raven is a moron. On Thursday? I think she said? Or was it Wednesday? About how we are all born racists. Deep down inside our bones and when an opportunity presents itself, our inner racism comes out. Because we "ALL" are racists and say this shit when we are in the privacy of our home.

Riiiiight.

The nuns made me cry. I hate when the show makes me appreciate stuff. I live to snark on it.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, backformore said:

I loved Joy's comparison to an abusive husband. It seemed to tick Paula off, too, which is always a bonus.

I've also come to really like Michelle. I guess she wasn't there because of Pamela Anderson and Sara Haines. I like Paula in the conservative role, because I know from years of Elisabeth (and Jed's visits) that they could find a much worse conservative to replace her with, someone who screams, can't formulate a sentence properly, and has a voice that makes my ears bleed. Sunny and Sara are just okay. Not a fan of them, but they make you realize how valuable being "average" is when they're sitting next to Raven and Candace. But I still have a sneaking suspicion Sunny will slowly morph into something worse after she's hired, just like Nicolle.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, backformore said:

The utter and complete tone-deafness of it just overwhelmed me. It was seriously something I thought was a fake tweet from a satire account. Thinking that months and volumes of hatespeech could be alleviated and forgiven by eating a pseudo-Mexican meal on a national holiday while pimping your own business interest just ... I'm at a loss for words how offensive it is.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The nuns made me cry. I hate when the show makes me appreciate stuff. I live to snark on it.

Well, you could snark on the fact that Whoopi stole a lot of the attention. Granted, the other co-hosts kept harping on the fact that the nun resembled Whoopi....oh, cohosts, you continue to let me down with your undying love of Whoopi when she never ever even tries to reciprocate. (Earlier, in the week when they were saying how much fun they had with each other at the Met Gala, they asked Whoopi if she had fun too and she basically rolled her eyes at them.)

Back to the nuns.......and the show made it seem that Whoopi was responsible for the monetary donations and goodwill, which she was not.

• Love 10
On 5/4/2016 at 9:08 AM, backformore said:

So, Whoopi - how many days in a row have you been wearing that same ugly scarf?  

I think you mean months.  Either Whoopi only owns one scarf or she has a dozen of the same one - like those damn white shirts.  

On 5/4/2016 at 9:51 AM, Fisher King said:

wingnuttery.

Hahaha!  Love this new(?) word. 

On 5/4/2016 at 0:04 PM, rcc said:

Thanks for the response. I'm not surprised about the "tongue bath" and I'm glad I missed it. I agree Whoopie Pie needs to leave. Joy can moderate much better.

What if Whoopi stayed and Joy became the moderator??????  Heh.  It would never happen because of Whoopi's ego but I'd love, love to see it. 

On 5/4/2016 at 4:23 PM, SunFun said:
  • SJP. One day someone can explain to me why she's considered stylish, or attractive. Don't see it.

She's Carrie Bradshaw!  And Carrie was on top of her fashion - she worked at Vogue, LOL.    I've liked her since Sex and The City*   As an aside I heard an interview she did with Sandra Bernhard on Sirius yesterday [the first one I've ever found remotely interesting] and it seems her siblings did okay.  One is a successful Broadway actor, another is the Director of The New School in NYC.  Oh, and she used to dance with ABT and sits on the board there now.  I didn't know any of that but I was impressed.

*I was once so obsessed with that show and bummed it was ending my TWoP screen name came from there.  Who knew I would still be using it 11 years later?  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

The utter and complete tone-deafness of it just overwhelmed me. It was seriously something I thought was a fake tweet from a satire account. Thinking that months and volumes of hatespeech could be alleviated and forgiven by eating a pseudo-Mexican meal on a national holiday while pimping your own business interest just ... I'm at a loss for words how offensive it is.

I absolutely thought it was a fake tweet from a satire account too.  I was stunned when I realized it was real.  Honestly, it seemed like something they would have done on SNL.  And it would have been hilarious.  Sadly, it's real and not cause for laughter at all.

I agree.  Very offensive.  Worst damage control ever.  IMO it had the complete opposite effect, and just made things worse.  Let's hope that most of America sees it that way.

• Love 6
On Friday, May 06, 2016 at 1:27 AM, DebbieM4 said:

OMG, does anyone really care about this stuff?  I am not the slightest bit interested in anyone's manis, really, and most especially Raven's.

Or anything to do with her at all.

They should put her on a kids' show, and let the tweens vote on stuff like that.  The dumb ones.  Because I'm sure the smart ones probably couldn't care less either.

I am thinking that the producers don't know what else to do with dumb Raven so they focus on her looks. Interesting that I have noticed that Raven's nails are not done with color or any length,  so the nail color/manicure seems a producer driven idea. God knows Raven couldn't come up with her own  ideas to feature...except for getting huffy abt the "community" and her "industry ", she's got nothin to offer on a talk show. 

• Love 5