Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E22: The Storm

• Start Topic

It might be fun to have Owen Savage out, and have him return the favor Reid gave him. 

Brian from Tabula Rasa might want to ask Hotch a few questions...

Presumably Adam/Amanda from Conflicted is still in a mental health facility, as is Dr. Bryar from Derailed

The Kentucky fried unsub from Masterpiece (!)

The Dr. from Corazon

Caleb and/or Harvey from True Genius

Chad Brown from Amplification

I'm really just throwing these out

(edited)

This is an interesting exercise, trying to select 'good' escaped serial killers for the team to pursue once again.  The first thing I realized is that, for all the effort to make them twisted and cruel, most of our prior unsubs aren't particularly memorable.  It's the ones who were less 'creative' who stuck with me.  Then I realize that some of the memorable ones probably aren't in prison, but in psych hospitals. And the I realize how many of them are actually dead, often at the hands of the BAU.

So, since so few of them stood out to me, I looked to an episode guide for help.  And that's when the next problem arose. So many of these unsubs have such specific victim profiles that they're not all that scary to the general public.  The writers have gone to such lengths to 'make sense' of what is, essentially, senseless, that it removes a lot of the suspense. I don't think it actually works that way in real life.  I think serial killers have lost (or never acquired) their regard for any human life.  They may have male/female preferences, based on whom they consort with, but they don't go after 'brunettes with green eyes who wear Chanel'.  

Of the unsubs who are not dead, not commited, and who are remotely memorable, I agree, I like the idea of Owen Savage.  I think Reid would still think of him as the kid victimized by bullies, but Owen has probably hardened quite a bit in prison.  If Reid approaches him with his guard down, that could put our favorite genius in quite a bit of danger (which is always a good thing).  

I like The Fox, because having a family annihilator on the loose would be scary, and especially if he targets the BAU---either as a family, or each of the actual families. (Bye, Will!)

The unsub in The Internet Is Forever, except I can't remember if he survived the BAU.  That was a haunting episode, especially when they all watched on line as the murder was happening.

The cannibal in 'Lucky'.

The son from Remembrance of Things Past, who learned serial killing from his father.

The two genius friends from 'True Genius' who might make an interesting partnership and challenge for Reid.

Mr. Scratch, with his specific hatred for Hotch.

Cat Adams with her love/hate relationship with Reid.

That's only nine.  From eleven seasons.  Slim pickings.

Edited by JMO
typo
11 hours ago, ReidFan said:

Did they say there were 13 simultaneous prison breaks? Ignoring the obvious (how the hell would they accomplish that without a lot of outside help),  and besides the guy that died in the helicopter blowup, who else do you think has escaped/would you 'like' to be an escapee thinking that it may bring them back to guest star next season? (and again, I'm wondering how legit that would be, since they wouldn't be unsubs, they're KNOWN, but anyway..) Here's who I'd like to see back, for starters: 

Cat Adams (Aubrey Plaza)- from Entropy

Antonia Slade (Frances Fisher) --and make more use of her than they did in Storm, but not so that she dominates the screentime

Mr Scratch (Bodhi Elfman) --with the codicil that Matthew Gray Gubler directs the episode and Breen Frazier writes it

Adrian Bale (Tim Kelleher) -from Won't Get Fooled Again

Tim Vogel (Andrew Jackson) from the series pilot (he's just a personal favourite actor of mine from a real life experience : )  )

The Fox, please, The Fox, although I think he should be the one involved in a conspiracy against Hotchner instead of Mr Scratch. I do love Mr. Scratch, but I think if they didn't show us the consequences afterwards they should have letf it alone.

17 minutes ago, JMO said:

So many of these unsubs have such specific victim profiles that they're not all that scary to the general public.  The writers have gone to such lengths to 'make sense' of what is, essentially, senseless, that it removes a lot of the suspense. I don't think it actually works that way in real life.  I think serial killers have lost (or never acquired) their regard for any human life.  They may have male/female preferences, based on whom they consort with, but they don't go after 'brunettes with green eyes who wear Chanel'.  

Yes. I think that EM and maybe all the writers thought that serial killers of varying types and psychopathies would band together like a pack of crazed dogs when the cages were removed. I totally doubt that would happen, as I doubt serial killers would be grouped together like a boy's Scout troop in prison, nor would they all still possess the will or the capability to kill, especially in concert with another when out. Would not happen in real life.

• Love 1
(edited)
21 hours ago, Trillian said:

There was such a Godfather feel to that final scene with Rossi closing the door on his ex.  Kay, don't ask me about my business.   And it followed his protestations that things would be different in the future, that he would spend more time with his family - mirroring in 5 years, the Corleone family will be completely legitimate. Either it was entirely coincidental - am I the only one who thinks she noticed it?- or it was a clumsy homage. 

Pacino as Corleone is on my list of the most erotic things in the world, I can't think of Mantega near to it, I don't care if he was a few minutes on the third film xP

I think they were pretty rude storming like that, it was unnecessary, they didn't need to tell everything, just the basics. Will's face was a déjà vu from season 7, he should be ok with JJ's demanding job by now. I'm not saying he should be jumping of happiness, but not that funeral face either. He should have told Rossi's ex "what were you waiting for? take it or leave it"

That relationship (Rossi+ the second wife) is bad written and soapy. It's even bad written based on the previous mythology of the show.

Edited by smoker
  • Love 1
On 5/10/2016 at 5:22 AM, Trillian said:

There was such a Godfather feel to that final scene with Rossi closing the door on his ex.  Kay, don't ask me about my business.   And it followed his protestations that things would be different in the future, that he would spend more time with his family - mirroring in 5 years, the Corleone family will be completely legitimate. Either it was entirely coincidental - am I the only one who thinks she noticed it?- or it was a clumsy homage. 

Man, and poor sad Will just left there with Hayden. I thought they'd at least have him turn to her and commiserate. Man, without her, Will would have been left at the kids' table when something like that happens. So sad!

• Love 1

Presumably, Will, like Hayden, is an adult, who should know full well what his wife's job entails. Unlike Hayden, however, Will seems to have made his peace with the situation, and has two lovely sons because of it. While i'm sure he didn't like the cabalistic flavor of the closing door, he was probably just trying to look over to say, "Here we go again," saw her pouty-wouty wittle face and thought better of it. 

• Love 3

If the show really does bring back previous killers,  I hope the writers use their head and inject some realism (yeah I know, a bit much to ask of these current writers) by accepting that most of the killers they helped catch are nowhere near any of these prisons. Most of these killers wouldn't be in federal prisons, so they would likely be held in various state prisons. And since all of these prison breaks sound like they were in the Virginia area, that limits the previous unsubs they could bring back. Plus, a number of episodes where we already know the killer, but are simply manhunts would get awfully boring really fast, in my opinion.

• Love 1