Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

All My Children

What is Janet's story background? Who did she kill? I never watched amc but have caught the odd youtube clip over the last while. The time period is when she was with Trevor? But she killed someone? Just wonder what the story is.

Thinking about the whole Bianca and Zarf/Zoe thing 12 years ago I remember the TWOP boards were just livid, saying Bianca was "into dick now". Complete negative reaction from LGBT press at the time. I admit at the time the concept of a "transexual lesbian" made me go "Whaa?"  Now you could do it. It would still have to be handled better than they did but it would have more acceptance now. Sense 8 being a great example of how to lesbian romance when one of the women is trans. The big problem was of course they should have cast an actual transperson in the role. Critiques that Zoe looked like a drag queen would have except it was a Cishet man playing her.

• Like 1

Apparently, Susan Lucci just announced she had open heart surgery late last year due to an almost completely blocked artery! Just goes to show, even if you live right, you have to watch out. Sounds like she is on the mend, thankfully!

• Like 1

They all looked great on Strahan and Sara. Jacob seems to be doing a western Brad Pitt look and Walt has a bit less hair. (And Cady is clearly wearing extensions but I ain't mad at her.) I thought Strahan made a tacky joke about their show being the reason AMC wasn't on any more and how AMC fans should get over it and give them a chance. That's not entirely accurate since it was actually The Chew that replaced AMC but the point was basically there. I'm not getting over it though. This would be the first time I've watched anything on ABC Daytime pretty much since AMC was cancelled. Yeah, I am holding that grudge.

• Like 4

I always looked forward to the closing credits when the original full theme music would play. The following clip has been on YouTube for awhile but has the original voiceovers playing over the music. A fan stripped out the voiceovers and added a pristine copy of the full theme to this revised version:

I also loved the closing credits "scenes" when certain actors would carry on with that day's story. Often, the scenes weren't especially dramatic. For instance, you might see two characters folding laundry in a living room and carrying on a conversation (silently, because the theme music was playing) from earlier in the show. The closing credits scenes made Pine Valley seem like a real place.

Edited by Jan Spears
  • Like 1

Just spied Lonnie Quinn, meteorologist, and the first nicer Will Cooney/Cortlandt, on my local CBS affiliate during its evening news. So trippy. He is still recognizable! Just older.

As are we all.  😛

I found a playlist on YouTube of episodes from 2004, and it's been fun to watch! 

Kendall is on trial for the murder of Michael Cambias, and Greenlee just ripped off her dress in court to expose the fake baby bump. Ryan and Kendall are together and in love (I liked them together in this period). Bianca is about to tell Erica that she kept the baby and is pregnant. 

Best of all, there's a baby faced Michael B Jordan as Reggie, which makes me smile so much! I loved the Kane/Montgomery family around this time.

Meanwhile, Babe is pregnant but isn't sure if the father is JR or Jamie or maybe even Paul (I'm unclear on if she was saying that to manipulate Paul or if she actually believes he could be). Crystal is hooking up with Tad who is involved with Simone and Liza is also after him. That's all super icky, but so very classic soap too. 

And! Edmund was in a coma after some shoot out at a cabin that I'm not sure the reason for, and has just woken up and Maria got to have some fun meltdowns about that. Brooke is hanging around for some reason and David actually gets to be a real doctor. 

I think I'm somewhere in early February of 2004 and it seems like so much has happened in just the little bit I've watched. 

Susan Lucci was on Tamron Hall's new talk show today. She looked great and must have the best plastic surgeon(s) money can buy because she doesn't seem to have aged at all. The interview was basically a tongue bath though, IMO.

• Like 1