Type keyword(s) to search

There Goes The Motherhood - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Holy smokes, I think I actually like every one of these ladies. Or, at the very least, none of them claw at my nerves. Each has a certain vulnerability to which I can relate. And yes, I even like Jen. I understood her annoyance with Beth -- can't stand when people push positivity. Sometimes humans sulk. Get over it. Everybody does it and some point. Besides, scientists are discovering that our reactions to situations may be largely biological. Some people are just genetically more likely to see the cup as half empty. Besides, I don't think she is always complaining. (That said, she could stand to leap off the gossip train.  Speaking of which, Meghan refusing to gossip in the middle of the party was the most adult thing I've ever seen on a reality show.)

It's also mighty REFRESHING that these women don't seem to be playing the "Look at how WEALTHY I am" game. What a welcome change of pace on these craptastic shows (of which I am addicted, of course). I've worked to eliminate status conscious assholes from my real life; no need to have them hanging around my guilty pleasure reality watching, either.

Gotta say, I'm just about worn out on real housewives and this show is a nice change of pace. Same guilty pleasure nonesense, but less materialistically focused -- I'm digging it!

• Love 6
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:50 AM, Grey Goose said:

I think there's a chance Jen has had too much therapy. Unless it's editing, she seems only capable of talking about herself.   Not even so much her life, but herself.  For someone who had such an interesting visual career in the music industry, she seems so limited in her world view and limited in her ability to engage other people.  Safe. Safe. Safe. She's boring. She has a great body though. 

The little boy with the dog was the sweetest thing ever.  Possibly the most authentic reality TV ever.  I hope they keep up the therapy and teach him how to ask permission to approach a dog and ask the correct way to pet a dog. I love watching therapy dogs at work. When he asked for the ball to throw from the truck, I thought YEAH!  His mom really gets him. I love that she honored his fear. 

Interesting about too much therapy and Jen.  I don't think she is understanding the concept of a support group.  They are not there just to support poor unhappy Jen.  I think saying Beth doesn't belong in the group is just Jen looking for an excuse to exclude Beth.  Granted Beth did herself no favors by bringing her drunken cousin, but she is not responsible for his behavior.  Something Jen might want to learn on therapy.

Ellington has stole the show.    

• Love 2

Oy with the psychics, already!  Couldn't Bravo just let this ONE show be different and not have a fortune teller? 

This episode was fine for me, except not enough Ellington - although I'm not sure I can ever see enough of precious Ellington.  Each week I like all the women a little more, even Jen and Beth.  They have so much in common, it's dumb for them not to try to be friends.  I hope their truce turns into a genuine friendship.  Stephanie and Ron seem like a fun couple.

I'm not sure how fantastic it is to put the actual footage of children learning about their parents' divorce on television, but I'm not a parent so I am unqualified to have a solid opinion on that.  My parents divorced, and instead of telling me anything at all they just assumed I would eventually notice that my dad was gone and that I could only see him once in a while in a dreary apartment where some obnoxious, husky-voiced woman always seemed to be hanging around.  I was 6, which meant that I filled in the parts that made no sense with lots of self-hatred, guilt and shame, so from where I'm sitting, I guess Beth reading her kids a  book to gently explain things while cameras film their reactions is only mildly questionable compared to certain alternatives.  I can't help but feel that to be on a TV show during this particularly excruciating period of her life means Beth REALLY needs the paycheck, and she's really alone in all this, which is very sad, so I'm going to try to be easy on her.

Just because Jen is a huge drama queen doesn't mean Cousin Billy isn't a huge attention whore.  These things are not mutually exclusive.

• Love 2

I still kind of think Beth brought cousin Billy on purpose. She was being pretty snarky about Jen in her THs, and I don't think she was completely over it; wanted someone else to her dirty work. But it's not really anything you can prove, and Billy was not nearly as monstrous as Jen made him out to be. She acted like she was being stalked by the Green River Killer or something. She needs to calm the fuck down. 

My favorite moment was Megan comforting drunk Billy in the bathroom. Her face! I was dying. And then - "She's really upset because her mother just died" - "Wasn't that last year?" Bahahaha

Anyhow, Mommy Group should be about...ya know...Mommies. Parenting. Not stupid drama. I seriously think Jen just can't live without thinking someone is out to get her. She's ridiculous. 

I'm surprised Beth is just now getting around to talking to the kids about the divorce. Surely the older kids already know what's going on. They're living in a different house, dad isn't around as much. But at least it's being addressed. Lorenzo seems to be taking it the hardest, so I hope extra attention is paid to that.

Leah and Bill truly do seem to love AND like each other, they just have communication issues. I'm glad he agreed to talk to somebody and work on it, I know that makes her feel important to him. 

So Beth is apparently a Christian who has issues with psychics, but not tequila shots and Eyes Wide Shut parties? Whatever. I'm not here to judge anyone's beliefs, and I do think it was a good idea to just keep it to herself. But I always think the psychic thing is so stupid anyhow. I was wondering where Stephanie's kids were during all of this? Those women were being pretty loud. Were they locked away in their rooms? Are the rooms soundproof as well?

• Love 4

Oh I think Beth knew exactly what she was doing bringing Billy to the party, she was bitching all about Jen when they were getting ready and pointed her out to him in a conspiratorial fashion rather than just introducing them. Plus, he was shouting things at Jen like her needing to go back to Staten Island and a few other personal remarks that Beth had to have told him. She was also standing right there when Billy first chased after Jen who had left the conversation so I think her missing the drama was extremely deliberate especially since literally everyone she knew at the party witnessed it and it went on for a time and different spaces. Her inability to simply say, I am sorry for bringing him and for not being proactive about getting him out of the party was ridiculous. Yes, he is an adult but if my friend/family member behaving like that I would have walked them out of the party.

I think that she thought Billy was going to say a few catty pointed comments at Jen to make her feel bad but Billy got drunk both on alcohol and the cameras and went way over the line. She really didn't seem to care until she realized Leah was pissed and that he was making an over the top scene. 

All of that being Jen just takes it to such on over the top dramatic place that she loses credibility and any sympathy I might have for her. Yes, Billy was annoying and out of hand and needed to leave but I don't think for one second she felt she was in physical danger not to mention she could probably break him like a twig.

Megan comforting Billy was my everything, she also looked fabulous in that dress.

Stephanie and Leah collapsing in giggles during the psychic reading was also cute.

I'm also glad that the "fight" between Leah and Bill from the preview was just an exercise.

• Love 1

Enough with the psychics.  It doesn't bother me when someone says they don't believe in psychics because of their beliefs.  Or perhaps they should just be like me and say, "I think it is hogwash and if others get comfort from such an experience more power to them."  I guess I have problems because I also don't put much stock in astrology, numerology and most religions.  Beth was wise to zip it.

I was happy to see Beth finally saw the light that the mere having her cousin accompany her to a part was reason enough for her to apologize.  I am assuming Beth's husband was not American born? I thought it was cute the kids called him Papa.  I am wondering if the children will really be visiting Papa's house in the LA area or if he has left the area.

Good episode.333

• Love 1

I am assuming Beth's husband was not American born?

That was my assumption as well considering she's a blue-eyed blonde with sons by the names of Lorenzo and Gianni which, to be honest, screams more Jersey Shore than Cali. So only because I'm bored at work and not     really a stalker (honest!!) I did a quick Google search.  Apparently his name is Gabriele Marcozzi and he runs a company called M3Green or something like that.

Still doesn't answer whether he is American-born or not but there is definitely Italian lineage there.  It is quite common for Italian children to call their father Papa

• Love 3

I had a bout with insomnia last night and ended up watching all 5 (?) episodes.  At first, I was horrified at Stefanie locking her kids in their rooms at night, but it doesn't seem to have negatively affected them. And who doesn't want an Ellington/Otto spinoff? I love the Fair family!

I also really liked Meghan and Nick. I kept thinking there were 4, not 3 kids. I wasn't Jennoffended by Meghan calling her kids Morons! or Idiots!  Hattie is gonna be one hot handful. The potty training struggle is real..."I got poop, Mommy!"  She and Sully's haircuts reminded me of a cross between flappers and Campbell's Soup kids. Nick seemed to be so genuinely gobsmacked by Meghan in a dress-so sweet! I bet the psychic was right about a 4th baby.

Leah mesmerized me. After Stefanie's party, I would be saying, "Hon, did you see all that cool shit they have?" Leah tells Burning Man Bill how "amazing the experiences" were. I was sad to see that she seems to keep herself on a short leash to make sure she doesn't rock the boat with BMB. It reminds me of "keeping sweet".

Jen...I just don't know. Definitely anxious and neurotic, but those aren't deal breakers for me.  I didn't like her trying to get all the dirt on Beth at the bday party while Ellington was so scared of Greta. For Christ's sake, she had a DOG NANNY there! Not that I didn't want to hear the dirt, though. Her dad teasing Rivers with that white sugar Satan cupcake was kind of shitty.

And Beth. There are a lot of layers to that onion.  I imagine she was her husband's arm candy, with beyond full-time help, and now, in 2 months, is basically broke.  If anyone else saw "Queen of Versailles", Beth reminded me of Jackie saying that since there were always nannies, she just kept having kids. Once there was no money for nannies, she was completely overwhelmed. I don't get why you would want to appear on tv at that particular time of stress and change. Maybe she's looking at it as a way to advertise her single status. And her yellow bikini.

I know there's another one, but I can't remember her name. Or her kid, or her story.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, EverybodyIsACritic said:

She and Sully's haircuts reminded me of a cross between flappers and Campbell's Soup kids

My daughter has the same haircut! It's mostly because she is very tenderheaded and I need to keep it short to avoid tangles. But I also adore the style. I think she reminds me of Ramona Quimby, but a Campbell's kid is a great description as well. Megan's daughters are both just adorable. 

7 minutes ago, EverybodyIsACritic said:

I know there's another one, but I can't remember her name. Or her kid, or her story.

Alisha? Haha, she has been VERY background. So far all I know about the other chick is she is also divorced/going through a divorce, has one boy who is under 2, and is Jen's little sidekick. She must be really boring, because they haven't focused on her at all. 

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

My daughter has the same haircut! It's mostly because she is very tenderheaded and I need to keep it short to avoid tangles. But I also adore the style. I think she reminds me of Ramona Quimby, but a Campbell's kid is a great description as well. Megan's daughters are both just adorable. 

Yes! Ramona Quimby is perfect! Those girls are really adorable.

Alisha? Haha, she has been VERY background. So far all I know about the other chick is she is also divorced/going through a divorce, has one boy who is under 2, and is Jen's little sidekick. She must be really boring, because they haven't focused on her at all. 

Alisha is "The Shadow". I wonder if she's just hanging back and will explode later. I kind of hope so.

Edited by EverybodyIsACritic
Screwed up the quote

Wild Orchid was around for 11 years!?

Leah and her issues with her mother and daughter reminded me so much of my BFFS relationship with her mother and daughter who is also 5, it's scary!

• Love 2

I liked this episode. No drama between the moms. Quite a bit of family time. And I found the talk of THEIR mothers to be really interesting. I have a great mother. She was, and is, incredibly loving and supportive. Zero complaints about her. My father, OTOH, is another issue. He was also pretty loving and supportive growing up (divorce), but he also is a very controlling person and had insanely high expectations for everyone. If you disappointed him, watch out. He wasn't physically abusive or anything, but he could talk to you in a way that made you feel lower than dirt. I relate to Leah a lot, because as much as I take issue with how my father handled certain things, my oldest child is JUST like me and triggers something in me where I catch myself acting like my father. And it scares me. I just find the whole dynamic of raising kids and trying to be, or not be, like our parents quite interesting. At least Leah is aware of it and WANTS better for her daughter. That's the most important thing. 

It was nice seeing Beth making individual time for her daughter. I hope she does the same for the other kids as well. They all need that right now. 

I don't even know what to say about Jen wanting to have another baby on her own. I don't think she is in a healthy place in her own mind right now, so I don't know that this is a good time for all of that. 

And then there's Megan wanting another one as well. But I don't think hubby does. Look, I'm very careful not to judge people on how many kids they have, when they have kids, etc. Your life, your choice. I'm not living it, so I'm really not in a position to judge. But personally, you haven't even gotten the little one out of your bed yet! She's trying to work on giving Hattie her own room, so her hubby can come back in their room. A new baby would really derail that. I get having baby fever, I really do. Her youngest is two, and that's about the time it would get strongest for me. But I think they really need to make the marriage a priority here, before the kids totally eclipse everything. 

I don't even know what to say about the physic stuff. I just really do not believe in that kind of thing. I can respect that other people do, but I'm not sure I like involving such young kids in it. It's very common for little kids to talk about imaginary people. So I almost wonder if Dempsey said something a few times and then Megan fed into it, made a big deal of it, and now the kid's totally freaked out about going in his own bedroom. As much as I don't believe in "cleansing", I hope that display by the psychic gives Dempsey some peace of mind so he can go back in there. 

I know we've only seen a tiny bit of them, but I think Stephanie's husband is an ass. I really do not get WHY he is pushing her to get involved in music again. It gives me the impression that he got with her because she was a hot "pop star" (using star loosely here) and feels resentful that all she is now is a mom. I mean, it's great that she has a talent, but it doesn't seem to me like it's something that's really important to her anymore. I grew up acting in community theater and traveling productions. I LOVED the theater. I even went to a magnet school for the performing arts. I thought I would be an actress when I grew up. But throughout my 4 years of school, I realized just how competitive it was, and how political. I auditioned for everything, but I noticed certain "pets" were always getting the parts. I'm not even saying I was the best, but I just realized there's not room for everyone and I really didn't have the fortitude to put up with that nonsense. I see the same with Stephanie. She sounded very logical about it. I think she is happy letting that be her past, and focusing on her kids. But her husband won't let it go. To have him book a show like that, without even telling her, is just so disrespectful. And the way he spoke to her about it was so condescending and dismissive. I really really do not like him. 

Once again, no Alisha. Why is she even there????

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 7:19 PM, terminalpreppy said:

Jen is your typical neurotic anxiety laden NPD-riddled new york jewess. Sorry, but it is true. She is so damn dramatic and a perpetual victim.

She felt in danger at the party? come on, you need to get out more. That is TWO separate social activities she attended where she felt ünsafe". Jesus. And her dad is a skeevy old perv who talks it up for the cameras, even in front of rivers.

I just cant with Jen, seriously, She is clearly jealous of Beth. It all came out of nowhere from day one and she is clutching at straws. What a bitch.

I agree that she is anxiety-laden, but not that she is jealous of Beth.  Jealous of what?  Beth seems a bit dim and I think she is having trouble opening up and being real because she is so used to pretending everything is wonderful and fine.  Having to admit that she doesn't have the money she once had, or the lifestyle she has grown used to must be difficult. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It was nice seeing Beth making individual time for her daughter. I hope she does the same for the other kids as well. They all need that right now. 

I don't even know what to say about Jen wanting to have another baby on her own. I don't think she is in a healthy place in her own mind right now, so I don't know that this is a good time for all of that. 

And then there's Megan wanting another one as well. But I don't think hubby does. 

I don't even know what to say about the physic stuff. I just really do not believe in that kind of thing. I can respect that other people do, but I'm not sure I like involving such young kids in it. It's very common for little kids to talk about imaginary people. So I almost wonder if Dempsey said something a few times and then Megan fed into it, made a big deal of it, and now the kid's totally freaked out about going in his own bedroom. As much as I don't believe in "cleansing", I hope that display by the psychic gives Dempsey some peace of mind so he can go back in there. 

I know we've only seen a tiny bit of them, but I think Stephanie's husband is an ass.

Beth - I was shocked they are talking, with the kids, on camera about the divorce.  To me it is detrimental to the kids, she is using them for her Bravo paycheck.

Jen is Fruit Loops.  I agree with what you said.  

Megan can't remember if her kids bathed?  Good call on having another one.  The psychic stuff - when my niece was little she was afraid of her closet.  The pediatrician asked her about it and then said, "Poof it's gone".  Imagine the hands like a magician thing.  Then he asked my sister if she lets "people" live in her house without paying rent.  THAT WORKED.  Kids!

Why wouldn't Stephanie just start out by joining a local church choir, community choir?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Megan can't remember if her kids bathed?  Good call on having another one.  

I give her a pass with that, I only have 2 kids and I have to think about when they had a bath last.  Even if it was yesterday - sometimes I have to check my calendar to remember what activities we had going on to remember what happened last night. 

I LOVE Jen's lipstick/lipgloss.  It was what she was wearing when she was in group, and she started crying about her mother.  I tweeted at her that I like it, and that I want to know who makes it, but I am not really on twitter and I am not sure if it was successful or not.  Does anyone know how to tweet?  If so, would someone else ask her about it?  I am a bit obsessed.

• Love 2
(edited)

Hi everyone! Caught up on all the episodes and ready to join in the fun here. I'm shocked by a couple of things, mostly that Bravo has (so far) managed to give us a show where (for the most part) the women are not embarrassments to our gender and the focus seems to be on real lives, issues and feelings. I'm enjoying it a lot! AFAIC, the guilty pleasures of the housewives have faded amidst stupid made-up drama and I'm ready for some women I can actually relate to on some level (I raised a kid, too! I have a marriage I fret over sometimes!). I like these ladies and their little ones. And while I am usually ethically, morally, and every other -ally opposed to televised therapy, the moms' group is just enough at the edges of that to be both interesting and acceptable to watch without feeling inappropriately intrusive.

The Jen and Beth stuff seemed a bit producer/editor-enhanced, but I also think they genuinely have personality types that clash, that Beth is a bit insensitive and Jen a bit oversensitive, and that they both sincerely would prefer not to carry on a grudge. I hope it doesn't flare back up though, especially with the simplistic implied explanation that Jen is jealous of Beth's figure and blondness, and certainly let's keep Cousin Billy's drama ass out of the picture from now on, yes?

So, on to the individual women:

Beth is the least relatable to me, from her Cali good looks to her moneyed sense of entitlement (nothing wrong with a townhouse!). She needs a good reality check, and I am worried for her kids (all of them, really; being on reality TV is probably not good for them and it *is* my one concern with the show even as I enjoy it) with all the divorce stuff being talked about on camera. I also tend to dislike "think positive!" types along with "sweep everything under the rug" types so she is certainly my least favorite, but I'm not hatin' on her. Yet. :)

Jen: Can totally dig her neurotic Jewishness, although not her uptight vegan parenting style. I found her more interesting once I learned of her rock and roll background; also, i kinda feel for her being dumped. She needs to chill a bit with the victimhood and "safe space" language and I don't think a second child is a great idea for her, but I've warmed to her quite a bit, especially after learning more of her background with her mother's mental illness. I think she'd be fun to hang with. Also don't find anything distasteful about her dad at all, he seems like a good guy, and I think she is lucky to have him in her and her son's life as another helpful adult. Rivers is adorbs.

Alisha: Who? Why is she there? She has a cute baby and is Jen's echo, that's all we know, right?

Jill: Not bad for a TV shrink type.

Stephanie: Other than the alarming "locking the kids in their rooms" thing, I am liking her. I don't find her husband to be as much of a jerk as Ghoulina does, but he does need to CHILL OUT and listen to his wife. He seems to me to be motivated by his belief that this is something she really wants and just needs "encouragement." I hope they don't play this as a storyline where his insistence that she do things his way results in some triumphant moment for Steph to make his pushiness look justified, since I agree that it's not that she has a burning desire to get back on stage but is crippled by stage fright, but rather that she is fine with what she's doing and has made a logical assessment of her chances of "success" in today's market. Besides, she has already been there, done that, so what's the big deal? I like how she has been handling her son's fear of dogs, she seems very friendly, affectionate, and fun. 

Leah: I really thought I wasn't going to like her! She seemed brittle and almost subservient to her husband in some of her comments and the chanting and spritual stuff is definitely not me. Plus I thought her party idea seemed dated and an overt attempt to be shocking in a silly way. But I can admit when I'm wrong! The more I see her, the more I appreciate her personality. She can be vulnerable, like in group when discussing her mom, or shut down someone threatening the good vibe of her party (shut up, Billy!) without a second thought. She tries her best as a parent but recognizes her own limitations and wants to fix them. Her attention to her marriage, and her distress when she feels something is wrong, is something I actually relate to quite a bit. And her party looked like a hoot after all :)

Meagan: They were wise to choose her as the narrator, I think. She is about as real as it gets on reality TV. Love her messy house, messy kids, cute husband who works in a cemetery, and easygoing attitude in general. I like her confidence in her parenting style, although I can't imagine having four kids! I was a little disappointed in the psychic mumbo jumbo, since she seems more down to earth to me than that, but whatever. Not the worst quality one can have. Her husband's skepticism balances it out nicely. I want to see more of her kids! All of the kids!

Did anyone else catch Jen's comment when they were told a psychic was coming to the party? "I hope she has an electric cigarette". Someone watches RHOBH!

Edited by bref
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I LOVE Jen's lipstick/lipgloss.  It was what she was wearing when she was in group, and she started crying about her mother.  I tweeted at her that I like it, and that I want to know who makes it, but I am not really on twitter and I am not sure if it was successful or not.  Does anyone know how to tweet?  If so, would someone else ask her about it?  I am a bit obsessed.

Just tweeted for you.  Let's see if she responds.  Her twitter handle is @jpinkeb.  I will let you know.

• Love 2

I like that over the episodes the giant hole in Meghan's wall (probably from the kids slamming the front door open and the knob busting through) has turned into a patched spot that needs painting.  I fully expect to see it painted and probably eventually busted by the kids again.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I like that over the episodes the giant hole in Meghan's wall (probably from the kids slamming the front door open and the knob busting through) has turned into a patched spot that needs painting.  I fully expect to see it painted and probably eventually busted by the kids again

This is why I love Megan. She doesn't live in some spotless mansion that looks like the kids never leave their bedrooms. I have 3 kids, ages 4-8, and they can be rowdy! We have walls that have little holes and dings and scratches. Our couches have been jumped on way too much. I try to keep it nice around here, but you can definitely tell some wild scallions live here too. I always tell my husband - "Kids are why we can't have nice things!" 

• Love 4

I'm glad to see that Stephanie is embracing this show and excited about it, but I still think Ron seems like a controlling jerk. That rehearsal with him? Ugh, get me out of there. 

I'm really confused about the painting place the kids went to....and then Leah and Stephanie just went next door for lunch. Who was watching the kids? The painting lady? Was Ellington in charge? Did they consider it the same thing as going into the kitchen while the kids are in the playroom at home? Is this a common thing in LA? So confused. 

So Jen flew all the way to TX to hit up her ex and totally got shot down. I might feel sorry for her if I didn't think she was so full of shit. I think she wanted to be Anne Perkins and he would be her Chris Traeger.  She acted like they dated when she was young and remained "best friends" ever since. But she didn't even know he was engaged! He looked super awkward to be talking to her. This tells me they aren't even friends on social media, let alone exes who have kept in touch for years. I bet she was just some groupie who banged him one night and built it all up in her mind. Yikes. Like I said before, get yourself stable before you start thinking about another kid. 

I think Nick is literally the best husband/father I have seen on one of these shows. That room he set up for Hattie was SO sweet. And then he gets all teary about it? He's just the best! Megan, girl, can you give him a few months of just being alone in the room together before you start trying for baby #4? I think he deserves it. I mean, they can't even put the kids to bed and have 5 minutes without kids calling them. That's totally my life! And why we lock the door and ignore them sometimes, haha!

"The Juice is loose" on the bed was so hilarious. I guess that's her nickname, and Megan's mind automatically went somewhere dirty. But the first thing *I* thought of was OJ Simpson! Hahahaha

I just love their little family. They're so real and relatable. The arguing about game night was classic. "Mommy won Go Fish once!" Sully is a sass monster and I love it. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, terminalpreppy said:

Yes to all of this!!!! Oh Jen, what a mess. That was BEYOND super awkward talking to her potential sperm donor ex!!! They obviously did not know each other that well, super bizarre and awkward. As if she was going to ask him then and there, rather than over a meal and real conversation. How embarrassing.

Megan making fun of her hubby for crying, that was mean. Not mean mean, but man, does she realise how lucky she has it?

It's actually one of the few times I haven't liked Meghan because she was equating emotion with weakness and weakness with being a woman and mocking him for it which i never like but it was even worse because she was doing it in front of the kids. 

I wish Stephanie's husband would shut up about her needing to sing because I do not need to hear er sing! Though Ellington looks pretty spiffy in his jacket in the preview for next week.

• Love 3

I told myself that the "you're such a GIRL" thing was an affectionate joke between them, but yeah, i didn't like it one bit because, what are you telling your kids with that shit? I thought it was beyond endearing that Meghan's husband teared up!

• Love 2

Aside from Meghan not knowing how to properly react when her super great husband choked up because he was so happy that his daughter loved the room he worked so hard on, I liked this episode a lot.  I like all the episodes.  This may be becoming my favorite Bravo show, which I didn't see coming because I don't have kids and never expected to relate to this particular series at all.  Turns out, it's very relatable in so many ways, and these are some of the realest women on the entire Bravo network.

Based on the preview for the next episode, I give Meghan a little slack right now because she says she uses snark to protect herself from getting emotional.  Her husband must know this about her, and while it would have been nice if she would have just given him a huge hug and told him how wonderful he is when he felt emotional, hopefully he understands that she gets awkward and has some issues when it comes to these moments.  I'd like to think later, when they were finally alone in their bedroom, that she was kinder and more loving towards him.  He's a real catch, that Nick.

Need more Ellington!!!!

• Love 3

I put off watching this show because I thought it would be more of the spoiled kids and clueless parents schtick but I binge watched the epis this weekend and it's probably my favorite bravo show now!

i love how connected the mothers are with their kids and they all have relatable qualities and an authenticness missing from other reality shows. I really hope it's renewed!

Im enjoying Meghan and her family. Her husband is amazing. He just loves his family and it shows. It's nice to see a more "middle class" California family as opposed to all the nannied mothers on tv. I thought she looked like mariska hagerty, my beloved Olivia benson so I liked her right away. Lol. She definitely could go easier on her husband and I felt she kind of railroaded him into another baby but he seems to be on board. Not sure how big their house is but I imagine it will get pretty cramped with four kids when the baby gets own room. I could watch an entire show about them. 

For all my of Leah's sexual bravado she is very insecure. I think her husband is quite ambivalent about her. If she didn't meet him more than halfway he'd drift even further away. She seems to be the one holding things together. She does seem tense around her daughter and I think she picks up on that. I think Jill's visit with her was helpful. 

Jen is tiresome. I was wondering where her money comes from since I don't think she's working? I didn't think being a stylist paid a lot but I don't run in those circles! She's abrasive and the least enjoyable to watch. Her ex couldn't have been less thrilled to see her. Awkward!  Is rivers' father involved in his life at all. Her dad brings balance to her parenting style which she needs. 

I did not like Beth in the beginning. She seemed fake and aloof. I was surprised when she brought up jens not being happy with her body the first social event. That coupled with her positive thinking pep talk was insensitive and unhelpful. She was acting like she had all her shit together and that's annoying when you're in a bad place. She should have taken more responsibility for what she said and given a real apology. She also should have been more accountable for cousin Billy.  She totally primed him to go after Jen and I think the girls should have stood up for Jen more. She has shown a real tenderness with her kids and their needs which has won me over finally. I wonder what happened in their marriage and if she's getting support from him. 

I like Stephanie a lot though her husband rubs me the wrong way. She is so good with her kids and I love her interactions with Ellington. She's an awesome singer!  I'm still appalled at her locking her kids in at night. Is that even legal?  

Wasnt jill a regular on Oprah?  I think her segments are helpful and insightful. 

Alisa, who?

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 1:09 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I like Stephanie a lot though her husband rubs me the wrong way. She is so good with her kids and I love her interactions with Ellington. She's an awesome singer!  I'm still appalled at her locking her kids in at night. Is that even legal?  

See - I don't see anything wrong with locking the kid's doors.  I have had to "secure" my 3 year old in his room.  It is for his safety, really.  My older kid never even tried to get out of his crib, or his room... the little one won't stay put.  It has made all the difference in the world. 

• Love 1
(edited)

We have a lock on the outside of our daughter's room. It's really there because our 100 year old home is built very oddly, and you have to go through the bathroom to get to her bedroom. So it's really for the privacy of the person in the bathroom. However, I have used it a time or two for her. She is on the spectrum and when she has meltdowns, it can be pretty bad. So sometimes for the safety and sanity of everyone involved, her chill out time in her room involves me locking the door. But only for about 3-5 minutes. And after 9 months of behavioral therapy, her fits aren't nearly as bad and I don't do it very often at all. 

Personally, I wouldn't do it at night for any of my kids, because they sometimes need to go potty in the night. Or they will come get me if they're sick. But I can understand there might be circumstances with a sleepwalker or a kid who explores at night in which locking the door might actually be safer for them. I just hope she has monitors in which she can not only see, but hear them. 

The thing is, it's not just her little ones. It's all of them. The older kids seem fairly well behaved, so it's weird. I wonder if they have ensuite bathrooms?

And I just worry about a fire. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 2

I won't say too much as to veer off the show and share my personal story about this, but barring special circumstances I don't agree with the practice. But i'm totally okay with y'all not agreeing with me. 

• Love 1
(edited)
54 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

We have a lock on the outside of our daughter's room. It's really there because our 100 year old home is built very oddly, and you have to go through the bathroom to get to her bedroom. So it's really for the privacy of the person in the bathroom. However, I have used it a time or two for her. She is on the spectrum and when she has meltdowns, it can be pretty bad. So sometimes for the safety and sanity of everyone involved, her chill out time in her room involves me locking the door. But only for about 3-5 minutes. And after 9 months of behavioral therapy, her fits aren't nearly as bad and I don't do it very often at all. 

Personally, I wouldn't do it at night for any of my kids, because they sometimes need to go potty in the night. Or they will come get me if they're sick. But I can understand there might be circumstances with a sleepwalker or a kid who explores at night in which locking the door might actually be safer for them. I just hope she has monitors in which she can not only see, but hear them. 

The thing is, it's not just her little ones. It's all of them. The older kids seem fairly well behaved, so it's weird. I wonder if they have ensuite bathrooms?

And I just worry about a fire. 

That is true, she is locking them ALL in, which is a little strange.  More for convenience I guess.

I do it for safety, I am genuinely worried that if my son gets out of his room, he will leave the house.  He has figured out the locks - even the ones that are high up, and he is able to drag a chair to the door.  He has escaped through the garage, as well.  I also found him opening a 2nd floor window, and then proceeding to open the screen...that had been locked.  I am not comfortable with him being free while I am asleep.

I have told him that if he needs to go to the potty or needs me for anything, I promise to be there asap - and I always am.  He is ok with the arrangement.

As for the fire, I figure I wouldn't expect my kids to fend for themselves anyway, I would be helping them to safety no matter what - if my son was in a crib behind a closed door, or locked door.  I wouldn't just run out and think, hope they all get out.  If he was a baby, I would have to run to his room anyway.  Actually even thinking of this is making me nervous.  I am going to double check all of the alarms tonight...

Edited by heatherchandler
(edited)

So no reunion? Is this going to be one and done? It's a shame because I ended up liking all the women and really enjoyed that they seem to really like one another!

I noticed Leah's  kids also had picnic baskets so they also go to a Waldorf school.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

I enjoyed most of this show. Privileged white women and their struggles was an interesting concept. Uncomfortable with Beth exposing her children at their most vulnerable time. Way too much Stephanie time ( and her husband) and Leah trying not to be her mom. But I guess that's what privileged women do-- a lot of naval gazing and Waldorf baskets.Jen's dads humor and Megan's relationship were the highlights.

• Love 1
On 5/4/2016 at 10:33 PM, charming said:

Leah saying her husband would leave her if she wasn't hot anymore. Really? Saying it so casually and not even reacting when Stephanie tried to help her out was telling. She tried so hard in the first couple of episodes to portray her marriage as perfect with their sex apartment. It's really sad to watch. What if she had an illness? Or what happens when she starts aging and things start sagging? He's out the door to find a 21 year old?

Shouldn't he have already left her?  She's not anywhere close to hot!  Plus, she's irritating as hell.

• Love 3

I'm so bummed the season is over already. Only 8 episodes?  I'd love to see them come back or maybe have Jill run a new mommy group every season. I'm just not ready for this to be done!

I hope they continue in some way. I'm strangely attached to these women. Lol. 

• Love 1

Jill is the least interesting person on the show which is actually to her credit! She gave sound advice and didn't get overally involved, a rarity for the "expert" on a reality show.

• Love 4

I actually agree that it might be nice to see a new mommy group each season. As much as I liked the majority of these women, reality shows tend to change people. A one and done might be for the best. 

• Love 4