Type keyword(s) to search

There Goes The Motherhood - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I enjoyed this show.  It is kind of a combination of RHOC and RHOBH set in southern California.  Some serious money, some not so serious money, lots of kids and most of all a reason all these, for the most part, woman who don't know each other meet and are on out TV.   

There is a Debbie Downer type (Jen Bush)- who complains of having low self-esteem because of carrying 20 extra pounds at the first meeting of the mommy group and then becomes really unglued when approached by the cheerleader who offers to help her lose weight.  Of course this woman complained about pretty much everything.  Fittingly her son took a dump in the hosts playroom inside the house.  She lives with her father that seems very close to George from RHNY.

There is a former Fergie girl band woman Stephanie and her husband, a record executive with Virgin Records, who lock their children in bedrooms so as to not interfere with their lives as adults.  They host the first event a swim party.

The wife of a cemetery operator, Meghan. who is setting herself up to be the Greek chorus. Mother of three.

Beth is the former cheerleader, rich lady going through a divorce and I think she will be the target for the other women's dislike.  She looks good in a yellow bikini-which she dared to wear to a swim party.  She decides to rap with a rapper and things don't go well for her.

A new ager Leah, who dotes on her husband while he decides to take in a movie in the evening alone.  A set of twins. 

A well done series such as this may take over if the Real Housewives franchises ever peter out.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

I liked the show too. I'm a mother, so I find snarking on motherhood drama a lot more entertaining than the housewives (but I love my housewives too!). 

I think Beth is going to be the one who really drives me nuts. How many times is she going to tell her kids to "make good choices" when she, herself, does not? Bringing 4 small kids to a clothing boutique?? Of course they're going to act up! Way to drive all the staff nuts. Then you leave them to wander a stranger's property while you flaunt your yellow bikini and try to impress Xhibit with your rap skills? No. just no. 

Megan is a bit more permissive than I, and her kids a bit more wild, but she's funny and real and I think I'll find her the most relatable. 

Jill is going to be the emotional trainwreck. He split may be a few years out, but it feels very fresh to me. Her dad is gross, and not a good influence on her son. But yea, she just seems hypersensitive. Beth's comments about weight loss were a bit awkward, but I didn't feel they were mean spirited. 

Stephanie and the locks on the kids's doors. No words. Has she ever thought about a fire? Just saying. 

Leah seems kind of cool and funky in some ways, but still like a lot of moms out there who wish hubby was more involved. 

Alisa, not enough on her yet. 

I'm looking forward to this series!

One little moment that cracked me up Jen, who seems to want to tell all the other mothers what they are doing wrong with their kids, when she is talking to her dad in the kitchen her son takes a clearly sharp steak knife out of the dishwasher. I mean that can happen to anyone but she is worried about saying sex in front of him but doesnt seem to watch him that carefully.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

I don't even have children but the parents who lock the children's doors really bothers me. They have enough space in that house for a children's wing with a nanny if they want adult time.

I think I am going to enjoy this show especially when I learn their names.

• Love 2

I really liked this show.

It was nice to see a show that felt more real.

I knew the clerks at the store the blond was shopping at would talk crap when the mother left. Not that she should have let the children run around, but I don't blame the kids. Of course they were bored.

I think it's bananas how wild the mom with the chickens lets her kids run around. I certainly was afraid at how she lets them play around the pool. Letting them throw a playhouse in and riding a bike into it? Then she films it and thinks it is funny.

I also wonder if the blond is counting on the camera people to help watch the kids. Letting the 2 year old wander away like that is concerning. Certainly at a place with a pool. It only takes a little amount of time to drown.

But I don't want to judge them too harshly. Raising kids is hard work and no mother or father will ever be flawless.

• Love 1

I agree. There is a big difference from being a laid back mom to just being lazy and have your kids destroying stuff. My mom was really laid back, but she got annoyed when we purposefully destroyed stuff that they bought. 

I tried using the "I don't want to engage" statement that hippy mom's husband used. I didn't go over too well. haha

• Love 2
I also wonder if the blond is counting on the camera people to help watch the kids. Letting the 2 year old wander away like that is concerning. Certainly at a place with a pool. It only takes a little amount of time to drown.

Not to mention, there were a bunch of strangers there. Maybe I'm paranoid because of my past, but I'd be worried about some random dude going into the playhouse with that little girl. Stephanie's husband kept mentioning how far towards the edge of the property it was.

• Love 1

The locked bedroom doors is very scary and wrong to me. Besides the worry about fire, etc., what about something as simple as one of the children needing to use the bathroom after he/she is locked in??

• Love 1

I wondered about that too. The younger ones might still be in diapers, but what about the older kids? What if someone was throwing up in the night and needed their parents? It really seemed like a way for her to put the kids away and not have to deal with them anymore for the evening. 

• Love 2

Going by last week's episode, I thought Beth was going to be the one to grate the most. I just find her really phony and trying too hard. And her parenting leaves a lot to be desired. But, while I still don't love her, I think Jen is going to surpass her in the annoying department. Man, that woman is a lot of work. She is the type to really blow things out of proportion. As awkward and inarticulate as Beth is, I don't think either of the things she said at Stephanie's party, either about or to Jen, were meant maliciously. For instance, the victim thing. I don't think she actually meant that Jen was "trying to play the victim" (although she certainly is now). I think she was trying to say that she sees how down Jen has got, because of her divorce, and she doesn't like to see people who become a victim of bad circumstances, but rather find joy in life and keep going. And the weight thing - Jen brought up her own unhappiness about her weight at group. And while it's definitely a touchy subject, I think Beth was just trying to say - "If you want to work on that, I know people who can help you". BFD. 

Jen and her dad living together - really bad match. He clearly isn't into all her "no white sugar/watch our words" lifestyle. No, he's going to sit there and eat his regular cupcake right in front of the kid who's being forced the tasteless knock-off. (Hey, maybe healthy cupcakes can be good, but judging by the kids at the party - they weren't!) He's going to keep having inappropriate conversations in front of his grandson, despite all of Jen's "Dad!"s. I almost wonder if production asked him to move in while filming, for a bit of a spin on the Odd Couple. Either that, or Jen just needs the help so badly, she's willing to put up with someone who disrespects her rules constantly. 

I'm not sure what to say about the dog thing. On the one hand, I hate the notion that animals are somehow inferior to humans and their feelings don't matter at all. If Jen's dog really does hate being confined, I can't say I would support her doing that. On the other hand, my  daughter has mild Autism and has dealt with sensory issues her entire life, and I've been places where it was too overwhelming and scary for her, and we literally just had to stand in one spot with her clinging to me. I really felt for both Ellington and Stephanie in that moment. I think having the dog nanny (who has a DOG nanny???) take the creature on a walk was a good solution. That way she's not caged up, but Ellington got to move about and have some fun. 

Leah is an interesting one. I actually agree with her about putting the marriage first - although, that's a lot harder to execute when you can't afford to keep a separate sex apartment. And a two week vacation every single year??? I can't imagine being away from my kids that long, but if I did, it would be because I finally got the chance to go to Ireland. A once in a lifetime trip. Not something we schedule every year. But hey, whatever works, I guess. I did not care for how she made HER nanny watch Megan's kids. I used to nanny for a family back in Portland. I wasn't a live in, I just came for 5 hours a day for a work-at-home mother. But if we ever got together with other kids for a playdate, either their mothers or their nanny were there. Going from watching 2 kids to 5 is A LOT. I hope that nanny got a bonus that day!

Megan is the one I really relate to. They have a very modest house, despite the pool. It's messy and damaged and they drive a mini van. I also have 3 kids (mine are closer in age, though) and a husband who works a lot. We haven't been away overnight together in almost 5 years. We tried to have a dinner date last winter, but a snowstorm ruined it. So yea. I totally get it. I thought it was great seeing them get some time together and it's clear that Nick is still very much enamored of his wife. He was practically tearing up at one point! So sweet. 

• Love 2

I sort of thought it was weird that Meghan and her husband had never been away from the kids given that at least his parents live close enough to take them for a few days to themselves. Based on his mother pointing out that the kids were clearly fine with them leaving, I got the impression that she also thought it was ridiculous that they haven't had her take the kids before.

I am sort of surprised that I like Leah and I thought she was really sincere about wanting to bring out whatever was Meghan's version of "sex date night" and Meghan did seem to enjoy their clothing tryout session. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I sort of thought it was weird that Meghan and her husband had never been away from the kids given that at least his parents live close enough to take them for a few days to themselves. Based on his mother pointing out that the kids were clearly fine with them leaving, I got the impression that she also thought it was ridiculous that they haven't had her take the kids before.

We have family withing an hour of us, and I know they'd totally do it if I asked, but I always feel bad about it. When you have 3 small kids, close in age, you kind of feel like they're too crazy for anyone else to handle. LOL! Plus, I think her husband works A LOT, often on weekends. 

• Love 2

I thought Jen was being insensitive by not putting up the dog.  I know a lot of people say their dog is part of their family.  I have had dogs where I loved them much more than many people I know, but if someone was afraid of her, I would put her away.  And the other mother pretty much had to be there with her child because it was part of her job (the show).  And, my God, there was a dog nanny, that whole situation should have never been a thing, the dog should have went with the damned nanny, I mean, what else is she there for?  If someone's child was acting up, the child would be expected to be removed by the nanny or parent (the dog was mildly acting up by eating off of tables and platters.  Gross!)  I think it was a sign of the kind of person she is.  She wants it all her way and doesn't even consider what others are going through. 

• Love 2

Are the other episode discussions elsewhere in this forum? Since the upgrade I have having a hard time finding stuff. I just binged the 1st 5 episodes of this show (they are on the internet if you look for them). I don't know if they have aired all 5 yet.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Megan is the one I really relate to. They have a very modest house, despite the pool. It's messy and damaged and they drive a mini van. I also have 3 kids (mine are closer in age, though) and a husband who works a lot. We haven't been away overnight together in almost 5 years. We tried to have a dinner date last winter, but a snowstorm ruined it. So yea. I totally get it. I thought it was great seeing them get some time together and it's clear that Nick is still very much enamored of his wife. He was practically tearing up at one point! So sweet. 

I was wondering just how much running a cemetery or whatever it is he does pays because if they are really in PV that house is worth well over a million.  It looks modest and in need of repair, but the Palos Verdes peninsula is very expensive. 

I like Beth and think Jen is a jealous drama queen and professional victim

7 hours ago, mothmonsterman said:

I thought Jen was being insensitive by not putting up the dog.  I know a lot of people say their dog is part of their family.  I have had dogs where I loved them much more than many people I know, but if someone was afraid of her, I would put her away.  And the other mother pretty much had to be there with her child because it was part of her job (the show).  And, my God, there was a dog nanny, that whole situation should have never been a thing, the dog should have went with the damned nanny, I mean, what else is she there for?  If someone's child was acting up, the child would be expected to be removed by the nanny or parent (the dog was mildly acting up by eating off of tables and platters.  Gross!)  I think it was a sign of the kind of person she is.  She wants it all her way and doesn't even consider what others are going through. 

Jen was too busy trying to get gossip about Beth to worry about her guests and her dog

• Love 1

I do agree with that. Jen wanted to just plant herself on the cool couch and gossip. If she had been making the rounds to check on her guests, she might have noticed that Ellington was still in the same spot as when he arrived, frozen with fear. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, mothmonsterman said:

But the dog wasn't acting up, the dog wasn't anywhere near the kid.  Instead of coddling the kid, she should have set a better example and showed the kid that the dog was OK.  If the dog had been following the kid around I may agree with you but the dog wasn't near the kid. 

• Love 2

I may be totally off, but Ellington looked like he had Down Syndrome to me. His reaction was not that of a coddled kid, IMO. I have a mildly autistic daughter and she has struggled with sensory issues and "odd" fears her whole life. About six months ago, she decided she couldn't go into any rooms by herself. So someone always has to go with her when she she needs to potty or get a toy from her room. Just a few weeks ago she was afraid to walk on the wood floors, and only wanted to be on the rugs. She has mostly outgrown her noise issues, but I used to have to run her inside if a neighbor started using a chainsaw or a mower. 

If you've never parented a child with special needs, it might seem like we're coddling them, but their fears are larger than life. To us that dog may have seemed fine, but to the kid he may have seemed like a huge monster. With my daughter, I know her fears can be paralyzing, so I try not to judge whether or not it SHOULD be scary, but just do whatever I have to in order to make her feel comfortable. 

That was an awkward situation. Should Stephanie have just taken all the kids and left? Should Jen have kenneled the dog, even though it was his/her home and he/she wasn't technically doing anything wrong? I don't know. I think having the Dog Nanny take the dog on a walk was a good idea, I only wish they'd reached it earlier. I really felt for Ellington, you could see the terror on his face. And it's very hard to be a mother in that situation, because you have other kids to look after as well. 

• Love 8
On 4/29/2016 at 8:33 PM, mothmonsterman said:

First off, I'm sorry if I'm quoting somebody, I didn't intend to quote anybody but for some reason every time I click reply a bunch of quotes show up in the reply box.  Sigh. 

Anyway, my sincere apologies.  Stephanie just mentioned that Ellington needed speech and physical therapy, I didn't realize that there were other issues as well.  My apologies if I offended anyone. 

To be honest, I thought he was just a spoiled brat like so many of the kids seem to be these days.  All of these shows seem to have nothing but spoiled, undisciplined kids who have never heard the word no in their lives. 

What the hell is with the names of some of these kids?  Of course, for the life of me I can't remember any of them at the moment but I remember my jaw dropping every time I heard one of the kids' names. 

I don't know for sure if he has Down Syndrome, but that's what it looked like to me. I definitely think there are a lot of spoiled children on these shows, and Stephanie's kids may very well belong to that group. But just going by what I've experienced with my daughter, I thought Ellington's fear looked very real and very paralyzing and not something he was being bratty about.

I think the name that bothers me most on this show is Rivers. I'm actually quite fond of unique, but not crazy, names. I like River. But RiverS? It just sounds like he should belong to the country club already. "Riverrrrs, dahling!"

• Love 1

I think Rivers is so cute. I like Jen's Dad and hope that he sneaks Rivers some sugar on occasion. :)

As a child I was terrified of dogs and never wanted to go to anyone's house if they left their dogs roam around. As the host of the party, Jen should have been more sensitive to the situation. I couldn't believe how she dismissed Stephanie. I'm happy the "Sex Apartment" Mom (lol) brought it to her attention and she did the right thing. I remember Stephanie from Wild Orchid! I too was surprised she has an actual latch on the doors of the kids rooms. Is that even legal? It was weird to me that nobody really batted an eye at that and just laughed.

• Love 3

I am an avid dog-lover and owner. I have NO CLUE how Jen has a high-anxiety dog without having crate trained her. All three of my dogs have had huge (safe, humane crates full of toys) and have been crate trained since I first take them home. As every rational dog owner should know, it helps keep the dog safe, gives them their own space, and also allows you to function. I cannot fathom how Jen manages a household, albeit poorly as you all have pointed out, with a dog, an insane father, and a child. And as someone who suffers from panic attacks, it was simply callous of her not to put the dog away (or have her DOG NANNY!!!!!! actually walk the dog) the first time someone mentioned that their child had a serious issue with it. Again, people are so self-absorbed - she will flip out over white sugar because she heard it "may cause some behavioral issues in children?!!!!!" but will absolutely disregard someone else's legitimate problem with her home or animal. 

Leah's locks on her children's doors horrified me, and it seems like I'm not the only one here. I can't believe she won't consider her children's needs and safety - yes, fire and bathroom trips were my first thoughts when I saw her latch their doors. What is wrong with this woman?! I almost admire her free spirit, but at the same time, she seems a bit too free to function normally. And yes it was really rotten to dump Megan's unruly tribe on the poor nanny with no notice Leah. 

Megan's parenting style gives me agita. She is entirely too lax for the safety of her children. That introductory scene with the pool was it for me. 

I get the feeling that Beth considers everyone to be beneath her still and is having an incredibly difficult time adjusting to her newfound status of wage earner. I bet she figured the store's staff would keep an eye on her kids for her and didn't give any thought otherwise. She just seems so "woe is I" in her introductory segments and clearly is going for the audience's pity. 

Maybe the entire Mommy group is entitled and this is just the way things are now. I'm still having trouble learning everyone's names and trying to keep them straight. 

On April 29, 2016 at 0:30 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

I was wondering just how much running a cemetery or whatever it is he does pays because if they are really in PV that house is worth well over a million.  It looks modest and in need of repair, but the Palos Verdes peninsula is very expensive. 

What's PV? I'm trying to figure out the geography since I used to live down there.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, IvyDancer said:

I am an avid dog-lover and owner. I have NO CLUE how Jen has a high-anxiety dog without having crate trained her. All three of my dogs have had huge (safe, humane crates full of toys) and have been crate trained since I first take them home. As every rational dog owner should know, it helps keep the dog safe, gives them their own space, and also allows you to function. I cannot fathom how Jen manages a household, albeit poorly as you all have pointed out, with a dog, an insane father, and a child. And as someone who suffers from panic attacks, it was simply callous of her not to put the dog away (or have her DOG NANNY!!!!!! actually walk the dog) the first time someone mentioned that their child had a serious issue with it. Again, people are so self-absorbed - she will flip out over white sugar because she heard it "may cause some behavioral issues in children?!!!!!" but will absolutely disregard someone else's legitimate problem with her home or animal. 

Leah's locks on her children's doors horrified me, and it seems like I'm not the only one here. I can't believe she won't consider her children's needs and safety - yes, fire and bathroom trips were my first thoughts when I saw her latch their doors. What is wrong with this woman?! I almost admire her free spirit, but at the same time, she seems a bit too free to function normally. And yes it was really rotten to dump Megan's unruly tribe on the poor nanny with no notice Leah. 

Megan's parenting style gives me agita. She is entirely too lax for the safety of her children. That introductory scene with the pool was it for me. 

I get the feeling that Beth considers everyone to be beneath her still and is having an incredibly difficult time adjusting to her newfound status of wage earner. I bet she figured the store's staff would keep an eye on her kids for her and didn't give any thought otherwise. She just seems so "woe is I" in her introductory segments and clearly is going for the audience's pity. 

Maybe the entire Mommy group is entitled and this is just the way things are now. I'm still having trouble learning everyone's names and trying to keep them straight. 

What's PV? I'm trying to figure out the geography since I used to live down there.

Palos Verdes

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:27 PM, Vicky8675309 said:

Are the other episode discussions elsewhere in this forum? Since the upgrade I have having a hard time finding stuff. I just binged the 1st 5 episodes of this show (they are on the internet if you look for them). I don't know if they have aired all 5 yet.

Vicky I asked for this Forum and made some pretty lame topics.  Feel free to add some.  I don't know who the mod is there may be a prefence as to how they want it done.

WouldofShouldof,
Leah reminds me of a young Julie Hagerty.

It was driving me crazy to remember who she reminded me of!! I finally asked a friend and together we figured out that she's a dead ringer for actress Anne Ramsey in the days she played Lisa (the sister) on Mad About You. That was very maddening until my friend cobbled together some very vague clues on my part!

• Love 3

I'll try not to reveal any spoilers for episodes 3-5:

Meghan family life (kids) seems chaotic. What’s up with filming her kids doing dangerous stunts (riding bike off diving board into the pool); I’m not sure why she thinks Beth still has a bunch of nannies; Beth admitted that she use to have a bunch but no longer since in the process of divorce; she seems jealous of Beth’s former life style. I like her mater of factness about her being the drunk girl hooking up with the soccer player (I like the self-deprecating humor). STFU about the yellow bikini your jealousy is showing. I like her and her husband on their date. I think if she stops hating on Beth, then I will like her more.

I like Beth's attitude about being happy/grateful for what you have rather than dwelling on what was. Her 10 year old daughter seems so mature and well behaved (even more so in contrast to the younger kids—they are’t misbehaved anymore than the average kid who gets bored easily).  What’s wrong with wearing a bikini? I’m not sure why people shook their heads or even commented on it like it was an issue and I don’t get why focusing on the positive is a bad thing and it doesn’t mean she doesn’t sympathize with Jen (shut up Alisha you non-entity). I like Beth not giving a shit about how she looks and just busting out a rap. I thought she was tactful when talking to Jen and was pissed when they kept over talking her at the group (not giving her a chance to explain/defend herself). Despite doing nothing wrong she apologized to Jen who didn't deserve an apology.

Jen’s dad seems like he likes the camera and wants to be “cool” (like what a 15 year old considers cool). He basically raised Jen so I’m not sure why he needs a bunch of rules on raising kids. She complains about low self esteem and being 20 pounds overweight yet gets pissed about Beth genuinely trying to help her (jealous and bitchy of Jen). Beth never said “fat” and was PC and said something about Jen not feeling like she was at her ideal weight and wanting to help her with that since she could and it would help Jen's insecurity. In NO way was it an ATTACK you freaking drama queen (professional victim). White sugar is the devil—WTF. Maybe if you are obese. I can’t stand Jen and a lot of that is from how insane she was about Beth. Not feeling safe….bullshit, Jen was attacking Beth at group and wouldn’t let Beth speak. Also Alisha and Jen  (and Meghan) ganged up on Beth and tore her down and never let Beth speak. Jen saying she is confused as to who is the victim since she also lost her mom—wtf, no one has to be the victim (can’t stand this woman Jen). Jen owed Beth an apology imo.

Jen can put Gretta (dog) into a room but she is too busy getting gossip about Beth (from Alsiha and Megan) about the “nannies” to take care of her guests including a special needs child whose mother ask you to put up your dog. I don’t know why Megan is getting involved. Jen, you put your dog up when you aren’t home or at night….train your dog. The drama with Beth is all your creation (not beth's creation)…poor ole Jen having to drag yourself away from gossip to talk to Beth (where she needlessly apologized and you still were a bitch). Another person who can’t take an apology. I can’t stand Jen (I can’t say that enough). She reminds me of Eileen from RHOB. No surprise the rest of the kids didn’t like the sugar free cupcakes. It's all about you and not your guests. Stephanie got a variety of food for her party and didn't force "healthy" crap on her guests...especially kids who are picky eaters.

Stephanie: I don’t get the locking the kids in the room (seems very unsafe even if they have a camera system). I like her saying “I don’t want to be seen as someone trying to relive her 20s”. She interacts with Elllington beautifully. Crowded backyard for a Virgin record executive. I think I’m going to like Stephanie (despite her locking her kids up; lol)

Leah: she seems flakey (saying "magical kids") but nice; I’m not into the classic man/woman relationship and her husband seems creepy, she seems like a doormat or the submissive. I do like her healthy attitude about sex and keeping up your appearance. I like her eclectic fashion sense. She is beautiful as are Beth and Stephanie.

Alisha practically orgasmed hearing about the nannies (I don’t know if I even believe Megan). She is a non-entity and just another jealous cow who hates on Beth.

(edited)
On 4/30/2016 at 0:21 PM, IvyDancer said:

Palos Verdes.  The title cards before scenes at her house say "Palos Verdes".  They obviously aren't in Palos Verdes Estates given what their house looks like, but the whole peninsula is expensive.  

They all display a certain type of entitlement that seems to prevail in the Prius driving, chicken owning, anti-vaxxing pockets that can be found on the Westside.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 2

Leah saying her husband would leave her if she wasn't hot anymore. Really? Saying it so casually and not even reacting when Stephanie tried to help her out was telling. She tried so hard in the first couple of episodes to portray her marriage as perfect with their sex apartment. It's really sad to watch. What if she had an illness? Or what happens when she starts aging and things start sagging? He's out the door to find a 21 year old?

• Love 5

Jen just seems so unhappy about everything.  What is with her keeping her coat on throughout the date? 

I am glad they addressed the lying situation about Beth.  Talk about jumping to wrong conclusions. 

Enjoying the show and Jill with her practical advice with the kids.

• Love 1

When I first heard that Jen's son was named Rivers, I thought she did that because she is a Weezer fan girl. I find it sort of weird that she isn't just a fan girl she worked for him. Of course she is sending Rivers to a Waldorf school (said partially with love).

• Love 3
(edited)

Jen is such a drama queen! I just can't with her. Whining about how Beth's apology was BS and how she doesn't feel "safe" at mom group. Give me a fucking break. First of all, maybe her apology was BS because she didn't really have a reason to apologize. I think Beth was exactly correct when she said it was a misunderstanding. Jen is feeling insecure about her appearance and wanting to get her groove back - Beth offered to help. BFD. And even if Beth is lying about having a nanny, how is that any of your business? How does that effect you? Please don't compare it to the trust issues you have because of your marriage ending. Not even in the same ballpark. 

Leah kind of makes me sad. I really agree with her, to a point. Making the marriage #1 is beneficial for the entire family, and keeping the spark alive is so important. I'm not one to judge other moms, because I know how overwhelming it can all be. But I make sure to take time to do my hair and makeup every day, and I never wear sweats even though I'm home all day. Just for me, it makes ME feel more confident, which in turn is more attractive to my husband. But for her to feel that pressure, that if she doesn't do that stuff, she'd be a single mom? That's a bit extreme. I wonder if her husband really feels that way, or if she has insecurities of her own. If he really does make her feel like that, he's a giant douche. 

The etiquette class was.....interesting. I'd be surprised if any of those kids learned anything. It looked more like a way for the moms to get some "mommy time" while random ladies try and corral their kids. Beth's boys definitely seemed the most naughty of the bunch. I bet they're dealing with some real issues because of their dad suddenly not being in their daily life. Instead of etiquette lessons, I'd have them in therapy. 

I thought the dog book for Ellington was super sweet! Hopefully he can gradually get over his fear. 

Jen's date was semi hilarious and awkward at the same time. The biggest red flag - it's your birthday and you're on a blind date. Have you no friends or family that want to celebrate with you? Then I even entertained the idea that he made it up, in hopes to get lucky. He seemed to really be pressuring Jen to DRINK drink. I hate people like that. Very uncomfortable. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:03 AM, ghoulina said:

Jen is such a drama queen! I just can't with her. Whining about how Beth's apology was BS and how she doesn't feel "safe" at mom group. Give me a fucking break. First of all, maybe her apology was BS because she didn't really have a reason to apologize. I think Beth was exactly correct when she said it was a misunderstanding. Jen is feeling insecure about her appearance and wanting to get her groove back - Beth offered to help. BFD. And even if Beth is lying about having a nanny, how is that any of your business? How does that effect you? Please don't compare it to the trust issues you have because of your marriage ending. Not even in the same ballpark. 

Leah kind of makes me sad. I really agree with her, to a point. Making the marriage #1 is beneficial for the entire family, and keeping the spark alive is so important. I'm not one to judge other moms, because I know how overwhelming it can all be. But I make sure to take time to do my hair and makeup every day, and I never wear sweats even though I'm home all day. Just for me, it makes ME feel more confident, which in turn is more attractive to my husband. But for her to feel that pressure, that if she doesn't do that stuff, she'd be a single mom? That's a bit extreme. I wonder if her husband really feels that way, or if she has insecurities of her own. If he really does make her feel like that, he's a giant douche. 

The etiquette class was.....interesting. I'd be surprised if any of those kids learned anything. It looked more like a way for the moms to get some "mommy time" while random ladies try and corral their kids. Beth's boys definitely seemed the most naughty of the bunch. I bet they're dealing with some real issues because of their dad suddenly not being in their daily life. Instead of etiquette lessons, I'd have them in therapy. 

I thought the dog book for Ellington was super sweet! Hopefully he can gradually get over his fear. 

Jen's date was semi hilarious and awkward at the same time. The biggest red flag - it's your birthday and you're on a blind date. Have you no friends or family that want to celebrate with you? Then I even entertained the idea that he made it up, in hopes to get lucky. He seemed to really be pressuring Jen to DRINK drink. I hate people like that. Very uncomfortable. 

Jen seemed like she needed little urging since she was on her third drink by the time they ordered. Jen has a stinky look on her face half the time-it makes for a very unattractive profile.  Something tells me there are very few places she finds safe. 

(edited)

Yes, but she was drinking a drink of her choosing. I don't recall what it was (wine?), but she didn't seem inebriated. He was pushing shots. Shots are going to get you drunk a lot faster. I hate when people do that, and she was clearly uncomfortable with it, but he pushed it several times. Jen is my least favorite mom on this show, but that guy was totally skeeving me out. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 4

Kids learn how to treat to people (etiquette) by modeling the adults closest to them.  While I don't mind an etiquette class for older kids, if, as a pre-schooler, you aren't learning how to stand and say hello to adults, say thank you for a gift, and please when you'd like the organic non-white sugar passed your way, then your parents are super lame.  

• Love 2

Ellington seems like such a super sweet kid, I would watch a show of just him.  When he didn't want his sister to play with the dog, it seemed to be out of worry for her safety, and he was so pure and genuine in pushing himself through his fear to enjoy watching the dog play and interact. So happy that he felt comfortable enough to pet Otto, and even give him a kiss at the end!  Of course, this doesn't mean he is cured of his fear of dogs in general, it means he is not afraid of Otto, and sadly he will have to go through these feelings again many times as he encounters different types of dogs, but he's very brave and willing to try.  I adore him. His interactions with his siblings are sweet, too.  I forget his mom's name, but she seems to be doing  really great job as a parent.

Drunk Cousin Billy needs to go.  He was clearly just trying to make sure he got into the episode, and I have no patience or interest in those people.

That townhouse Beth looked at was so bad that it made me uncomfortable, and I'm not even a snob.  Even beyond how hideous it was, a home with no grass or outdoor space and 4 small kids is not a match.

It seems like Leah, who is a stylist and looks so well put together most of the time, would find a new hairstyle that isn't such a distracting mess.  I find myself constantly trying to figure out what's going on with it when I should be listening to what she's saying.  There's too much going on all over her head, but her body is amazing.

I really like this show, it's so much more real than the other Bravo franchises.  I don't have kids, so I didn't think this one would interest me, but by not changing the channel quickly enough one night I found myself watching, and now it's on my regular list.  I appreciate seeing things like busted up walls and dirty feet and homes that look like people actually live in them. I don't want to see those things on RHBH, but on this show it's perfect.

• Love 6

So I was previously finding Megan very relatable with her three kids and banged up house. And I still do - watching her and her husband try to get ready for their very adult party while their brood crowds around the room was hilariously awkward. "Why are you wearing a cape?" "Aren't they all wearing capes in the movie?" "Yea, but then they all have sex with each other". Bahahaha!

But the one I really related to last night was Leah. My husband and I have the same issues with communication. Whenever we have an argument (which isn't too terribly often), he wants to retreat and I just want to talk, talk, talk until it's resolved. It's not so much that he doesn't want to deal with problems, but not every argument is a serious problem, not everything has to be fixed. But also, he can have a bit of a temper and would rather get some space instead of potentially saying something he'd regret. But I just can't let it go, I want to fix it NOW. Our styles definitely don't mesh well. 

And I also, sadly, related when she said that if he's mad at her, it effects how she feels about herself in other areas. Despite how put together and confident she comes across, she's obviously a very insecure woman. I have the same issues. I hate that my self worth is so tied up in someone else, but there we have it. I was glad to see that her husband agreed to talk to someone, I hope it really helps them. 

Ellington and the dog!!!! I died. He was so freaking adorable, playing fetch from the back of the truck. And then when he pet the little guy, I actually started crying! I have a daughter on the ASD spectrum and when she overcomes a major obstacle or fear it is SUCH a huge moment. I was so proud of him! And I think Stephanie is a great mom. She handled that situation perfectly. It was all positivity and encouragement, but no pressure to do anything with the dog unless it was on HIS terms. Kudos to her. 

I'm sorry that Beth is going through a rough time, but homegirl seems more upset about losing her house than her husband. I try to empathize with people in hard situations, no matter their station in life. But I just can't with her stank face over that perfectly fine townhouse. Five people CAN live in 1700 square feet, honey. My family of 5 lives in 1000 square feet. You'll survive. If you were more positive about it, you might teach your children some lessons about humility and making the best out of a hard circumstance. But instead you're whining about the "dated" kitchen. 

Also, maybe I'm paranoid, but I feel like she brought her cousin to the party in hopes that he'd start something with Jen. I was previously on Beth's side in all this drama, but last night I felt like Jen was actually the one who wanted to let go and move on, and Beth wasn't. I'm basing this on their THs. Jen seemed genuinely ready to just have fun and forget the BS and Beth was making snarky faces and acting like it pained her to have to put up with Jen. 

• Love 9

Leah surprised me with her openness regarding her marriage.  It seems as a couple they have the parenting down fairly well but put a lot of work into the marriage.  Leah's outfit was certainly one for the books, she does not seem to have any body issues. 

Ah Beth, she either has a horrible family law attorney or her husband hides his assets.  I could see where it is difficult to downsize so quickly after separating-she has been separated under two months.  We saw what popped Beth's positivity balloon, the reality her life is really going to change. 

Jen didn't fail to disappoint in the midst of all the drama she claimed Bethe "ordered" her idiot cousin to confront Jen.  Beth kind of threw a curve ball out there with her references to religion.  I wonder how that flies with the rest of the mommies.

• Love 2

I think there's a chance Jen has had too much therapy. Unless it's editing, she seems only capable of talking about herself.   Not even so much her life, but herself.  For someone who had such an interesting visual career in the music industry, she seems so limited in her world view and limited in her ability to engage other people.  Safe. Safe. Safe. She's boring. She has a great body though. 

The little boy with the dog was the sweetest thing ever.  Possibly the most authentic reality TV ever.  I hope they keep up the therapy and teach him how to ask permission to approach a dog and ask the correct way to pet a dog. I love watching therapy dogs at work. When he asked for the ball to throw from the truck, I thought YEAH!  His mom really gets him. I love that she honored his fear. 

• Love 5