Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Mouth of the South

• Start Topic

Stephanie and Brandi visit Stephanie's parents in Oklahoma; Cary invites Tiffany to join her for yoga; Marie hosts a cocktail party during which an embarrassing revelation comes to light; Tiffany tries to broker a peace between Brandi and LeeAnne.

(edited)

What is up with Cary's (the nurse) exaggerated facial expressions?  I am wondering if she just doesn't photograph well and may be very pretty in person.  She seems like a caricature.  WTF with the sex conversations at work.  Gross.

I feel like I might be one of only a few people watching.  I've decided LeeAnne has her hair dyed way too dark.  It's a dead color - there's no shine or variations to the color.  

Tiffani (y) -- I don't get her.  Also her boyfriend, well, I'm sure he's nice, but he needs to wash his hair and get rid of what might be soul patch.  

Edited by Grey Goose
  • Love 4

Ugh...watching WWHL now. It's so obvious that LeeAnne aspires to be a larger-than-life character like Ramona, Nene, or Vicki, and that she's giving a performance of what she THINKS will read as "outrageous" and "provocative." I assume the broken glass was supposed to be her table-flip moment. Wonder how long into the party she decided to make a scene. 

• Love 8

Leeanne is very calculating, giving a performance.  I am betting her famewhore boyfriend (who's been on other reality tv) would propose in a heartbeat if it meant a big tv wedding.  On WWHL, she was asked about her blush and she said oh when one went to the Mad Hatters Ball or tea or whatever it was (the poop hat party), it went on for hours and you went from this to that and to the next party......like she just kept adding more blush.  Her blush was out of control from the first episode.  And you just don't keep adding blush without at least looking into a compact mirror.  I think she overdid it thinking she needed it for the cameras maybe, that maybe it'd make her look younger since she's the 'elder' of the group.  I think she's had work done now (looks different on WWHL)  Not loving her hair; she needs just a few highlights to brighten up her face or warm it up.

• Love 11

Hoosier, did you catch the question on WWHL about whether her boyfriend will propose? She said she knows there's a ring (she found it while cleaning) and that he's just going to wait for the right time to surprise her. Sounded like a bit of wishful thinking to me, and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't appreciate her sharing that on TV.

• Love 3

LeeAnne looked good on WWHL.  Straight hair softens her face and makes her look younger.  Her makeup looked good too.  She should have been mortified looking at that clip of her acting like a fool.  I don't want to know how much money would make me act like an idiot on TV.

Stephanie's family seems nice.  All of that makeup she wears makes her look older than she is.  Travis does not seem like the generous type.  I hope Stephanie is smart enough to squirrel her Bravo salary away for her own use.

People like Cary get on my nerves.  I hate when people go through Yoga poses as if there is some sort of competition.  She has amazing flexibility, but I did not see one beautifully executed pose.   Then again, that may have been one of those flow classes wherein its more important to flow from one pose to another than to actually hold the pose and breathe through it.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

Ugh...watching WWHL now. It's so obvious that LeeAnne aspires to be a larger-than-life character like Ramona, Nene, or Vicki, and that she's giving a performance of what she THINKS will read as "outrageous" and "provocative." I assume the broken glass was supposed to be her table-flip moment. Wonder how long into the party she decided to make a scene. 

The thirst, the thirst is so very, very real. I still can't decide who's worse yet, LeeAnne or the equally thirsty and self-unaware Karen Huger of RH of Potomac, but both are equally repugnant, try-hard strivers who really think they're farrrrr more fabulous, classy and television-worthy than they actually are.

I do think LeeAnne is performing for her life...between the soap opera-esque emoting in that CHARITY scene with the wine glass toss and the angry ragefest, I don't even think she cares how batshit crazy she appears so long as she emerges from this shitshow as the breakout star everyone knows. This is a former pageant queen/actress/reality show-veteran, after all---she's the fame-whoriest of them all on this cast and has the resume to prove it.

I mostly hate that she's actually making me root for a trashy former cheerleader with bad fillers who loves poop and guzzles "Jesus juice".

• Love 16

I can usually find someone I like, tolerate, or that amuses me on the various installments of The Real Housewives of wherever, but I do not really like any of these ladies. Even if I do not like anyone on a particular housewives franchise they are at least a bit more entertaining to watch. These ladies are dull. I do not care about this lame feud between Brandi and LeeAnne. Tiffany, Stephanie, and Cary really do not have any story outside of the LeeAnne/Brandi feud. 

I do not have a side in the Brandi and LeeAnne fight. I think they are both wrong, and they both have issues. LeeAnne is so overdramatic. It is like extra bad soap opera acting.

• Love 4
(edited)

I did laugh at Stephanie's sister explaining that while they didn't have Uber they have AAA, and if you're too drunk you just call them and have them tow you home!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 22

I feel sort of bad for Brandi. More and more, her crazy antics make sense to me. She's dying for some attention. She lost out on a big chunk of her family because of her mom's estrangement from her grandfather. And I know how having kids can make that desire for family even stronger. And her husband....even when he's home, he seems checked out all the time. It's like he just can't wait for the next business trip. I hope she's able to form a good relationship with her grandpa. 

I'm so over LeeAnne I can't even take it. Who does she think she is? I just cannot understand the importance of this whole charity world thing. How can one possibly be involved in EVERY charity? Isn't that spreading yourself a bit thing? Why not pick a few charities that are very important to you and focus on those? And if you're not really donating to every damn charity, but just showing up for the prestige of it, well.....what does that say about you? 

Either way, she's incredibly immature and tacky. SHE'S the one letting the stupid behavior of Brandi rile her up that much. She's the one throwing glasses and screaming obscenities in people's faces. Maybe HER charity world will go down. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I feel sort of bad for Brandi. More and more, her crazy antics make sense to me. She's dying for some attention. She lost out on a big chunk of her family because of her mom's estrangement from her grandfather. And I know how having kids can make that desire for family even stronger. And her husband....even when he's home, he seems checked out all the time. It's like he just can't wait for the next business trip. I hope she's able to form a good relationship with her grandpa. 

I'm so over LeeAnne I can't even take it. Who does she think she is? I just cannot understand the importance of this whole charity world thing. How can one possibly be involved in EVERY charity? Isn't that spreading yourself a bit thing? Why not pick a few charities that are very important to you and focus on those? And if you're not really donating to every damn charity, but just showing up for the prestige of it, well.....what does that say about you? 

Either way, she's incredibly immature and tacky. SHE'S the one letting the stupid behavior of Brandi rile her up that much. She's the one throwing glasses and screaming obscenities in people's faces. Maybe HER charity world will go down. 

Very good observation. In the nfp world, the most valuable donor is the donor you retain over several years (donor retention is a hot button) and the ones you retain are typically those who have no more than 3 main charities that they support.  People who have the means to give to so many charities in a meaningful (high dollar way) probably have their own charity advisors. I seriously doubt if LeeAnne is the facilitator there.  Last night on WWHL, LeeAnne had her chance to say that she donates "thousands" each month.  I'll not eat the shit hat but I'll eat a nice plain linen cap if that $10K number isn't pretty much inflated and is in-kind (a donation of her services).  I didn't hear her say she donated cash.

LeeAnne creates her own invoice and gets the in-kind acknowledgment telling her to contact her tax professional regarding possible charitable tax deductions.  

EMCEE and CHARITY AUCTIONEER  $2500 per event. (in-kind)

Charity model for event.  $1000 (in-kind)

Facilitator / Donor Recruitment Event (cocktail party). $1000 (in-kind)

My guess is she's gone from the charity event circuit pretty much immediately because she's poison to the quiet high dollar donor which is back bone of nfp. 

• Love 14

I'll keep things positive.  

I think Brandi killed that answer to Stephanie's mother about no places to party, and Brandi said "I'm partying here."  It showed a civilized side to Brandi and I like it when people can fit into situations appropriately.

I wanted to rip those black and white shoes right off the feet of the woman who stepped out of the car at Marie's.  Those were everything. I rewound a few times to get a look at them. I know I'd never find them in my size.  Alas, that is the fate of a woman who wears a size 12 shoe.

I thought it showed good character when Stephanie said she didn't deserve what she had, because she didn't work for it.  Although that is not true.  Some people have to work hard for things and others get them easily, such is life.  As long as you appreciate what you have and know that you are fortunate, then you do deserve it.  

I was also impressed with Cary's yoga skills.  I've been practicing yoga for about 17 years, and I'm often cringing when I see people do poses on TV, because they are moving in jerking movements or coming in and out of the poses in dangerous ways.  Cary did very advanced poses with correct form (from what my non-advanced eye can see), so that is great.  Go her.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I will probably come across as a stone cold bitch but I do not feel for Brandi just because her and her family issues are on television. Everyone has their burdens to carry. I my self have not spoken to my Dad in over 25 years, not by my choice I have tried more times than I can count. I just think with what she is dealing with maybe being on a reality television show might not be the best place for her right now.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I will probably come across as a stone cold bitch but I do not feel for Brandi just because her and her family issues are on television. Everyone has their burdens to carry. I my self have not spoken to my Dad in over 25 years, not by my choice I have tried more times than I can count. I just think with what she is dealing with maybe being on a reality television show might not be the best place for her right now.

Oh, I know we all have our stuff. My parents split before I was born, but my dad was very much involved and a great dad my whole childhood. He disowned me shortly after I had my first child (out of wedlock) and got married. He hasn't spoken to me in almost 8 years. I did try to apologize for things on my end and make amends a few years ago, but he informed me that he had made his peace with the situation and wanted nothing to do with me. So yea, Brandi certainly isn't alone in having family drama. 

I just felt for her, because I could relate. I don't have a relationship with my grandma either, because of my dad. It sucks. I just feel she is very lonely and that trip home with Stephanie really highlighted what she missed out on with having such a disjointed family. 

I do agree that going on TV isn't going to help matters, and will probably end up hurting. Her marriage seems to be in a not so good place, and I won't be surprised if after a season or two they're divorced. 

• Love 8

I guess the mystery of why Stephan Pyles closed his flagship downtown restaurant last week is solved.  He knew it could never recover from having this shitshow happy hour filmed there.

• Love 6

I'm still team Leanne, so she is a try hard and obsessed with charities, so what. I felt like Brandi came for her from the start. Leanne did try and laugh off the impersonations but Brandi responded she needed therapy. Then Carrie put poop on her chair, after Leanne played nice to Brandi about her hat. Its like they didn't get the reaction they thought they would so they took it one step further.

I think Brandi takes her anger out on the wrong people because she is unhappy with her life. From the outside it looks nice but inside it's boring, lonely and vapid. 

I think Stephanie feels she hasnt worked for anything ... Because it's probably what her husband has told her. He gives that vibe 100%

• Love 10

I'm still trying to process the small child who knows way too much about wine.  You can call it whatever cutsey name you want, but it's still alcohol. 

Leanne needs therapy and Brandi needs rehab. 

• Love 4

WWHL was so painful to watch last night - Andy was just downright rude to LeeAnn.  

Stephanie's tears at the cocktail party were ridiculous.  WTF?  And the twelve year old kid that was on a charity board and was spreading rumors about people?  Really?  What was that?

Tiffany was going out of her way to separate herself from LeeAnn, so I can see why she thought no one had her back.  I felt bad for her.  Until she tossed the wine out of the glass, I thought she handled herself well.  Cary was definitely trying to make that an Amsterdam moment a la RHOBH.  

• Love 5

I'm actually starting to get into this show. Potomac lost me, I can't watch OC because I can't stand Vicki, NJ is a mess and I didn't like Miami or DC. I still go crazy for BH and NYC, I still have hope for Atlanta, and this one might turn into something as soon as LeeAnne stops trying to derail it with her bullshit.

• Love 4

Stephanie's tears at the cocktail party were ridiculous.

Yup. I wonder why these women give LeeAnne so much power. That "your charity is going down the toilet!" comment was ridiculous and didn't even make sense. I've only been to Dallas once but it struck me as a city sizable enough for these women to have a life without reference to LeeAnne. (Although I get that they're all on a TV show together and are forced to film together.)

I'm not a fan of Carey (or anyone, really) but she's the one who I think is most capable of going head-to-head with LeeAnne. She's not emotional like Stephanie. Based on her comments, she knows what's what and isn't threatened by LeeAnne's thug-in-a-cocktail-dress bluster.  She's also self-contained enough not to make comments like "call me trash and I'll kick your ass," which basically is Brandi reinforcing LeeAnne's observation that she's, well, trashy. I also don't see her as the type to get physical, a la Tiffany. But maybe she'll just smirk and let LeeAnne continue to hang herself with her own rope. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I am just not a LeeAnne fan, and after seeing her on WWHL I have even less respect for the kind of person she is.  She's just way too impressed with herself, and I can't figure out why.  Other than her Dallas Swat boyfriend, (I've always thought he was hot) there is not a thing about her life I would ever envy.  Even if she is simply insecure, and it's a front, I just can't find anything likeable about her.  Now, if I thought her charity work was about charity and not about status, I'd actually have some respect for her.

Edited to add...I'm even more sick of "Jesus Juice" than I am of the word "charity".   

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 9
(edited)

I really dont care for Leanne, she is loud and not in a good way. I don't believe that this show is a good move for her and will hurt her efforts in the end, as time goes on those influential  people who aware of her working for the charities will see the side of her that she hides from them. I believe that eventually some donation streams may eventually dry up because of her.

The way she goes on and gushes about society and royalty, putting them on a false pedestal and makes comparisons, tells me she knows deep down in her carny heart, which holds a large chip on its shoulder and carries unvoiced resentment, that she will always be on the outside looking in no matter how many dog eared etiquette books are on her shelf. She's not to the manor born and wants to be one of them so desperately, she practiced and played it out in her head before going to sleep, still she knows she will never reach her true goal and that is where her anger towards others come from. Charity work is only a way she can rub shoulders with that world. She covets what they have.

Edited to add: I have to wonder who it was and when in her life was she dressed down by someone in "society" and told her place. I believe all we see stems from that.

Edited by Giselle
typo
  • Love 16

I'm not a LeeAnne fan but I felt bad for her when Taylor shared that LeeAnne had pooped her pants.  For one, I don't believe it, and even if it happened, how would he know?  It's not something you announce.  What you do is you quietly excuse yourself, go home and clean up.  (Don't ask me how I know.) 

Also, Taylor -- you don't need more botox.  Your face doesn't move when you speak.  You've had enough.

• Love 8

Last night on WWHL, LeeAnne had her chance to say that she donates "thousands" each month.  I'll not eat the shit hat but I'll eat a nice plain linen cap if that $10K number isn't pretty much inflated and is in-kind (a donation of her services).

Yup. I bet she is a "philanthropist" in that Sonja Morgan way - I believe Sonja's contribution to that LBGT teenager fundraiser (?) in the Hamptons was her burlesque "performance." (And no, I'm not kidding.)

She's no to the manor born and wants to be one of them so desperately

She could have tried marrying into money at one time, but her partner is a divorced cop and it seems like he can take her or leave her. (Nothing against cops at all, just that they're not considered part of the inner circle of society. None of these people are.)

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I really dont care for Leanne, she is loud and not in a good way. I don't believe that this show is a good move for her and will hurt her efforts in the end, as time goes on those influential  people who aware of her working for the charities will see the side of her that she hides from them. I believe that eventually some donation streams may eventually dry up because of her.

The way she goes on and gushes about society and royalty, putting them on a false pedestal...She's no to the manor born and wants to be one of them so desperately,

Kissing people's butts to get them to do something will never go out of style.  With charities there is a lot of kissing up, and Leeanne is willing to do it.  Also, it seems like she is kind of always the same, so I feel like the people in charities already know the real her.  

I have worked for several charities and the charities need doers like Leeanne, someone who will put in the work, it is equally as important as those who give money (to me, maybe just because I was usually behind the scenes).

Also, I don't know why people keep saying people have to be born into the society world.  This isn't Game of Thrones where one of the only ways to get ahead is having a king's blood in you.  Money and connections talk, I don't know that people care so much who your parents are. Sure it can matter, but it isn't even close to being the only way in.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, jmunutt said:

I had to join just to post that it hit me last night while watching that Brandi looks like Carrot Top!  If I knew how, I would post pictures. 

Yes, I agree, she looks like Carrot Top especially the eyebrows!

• Love 1

Andy Cohen on WWHL was hilarious with all the Carnie questions. LeAnn was a good sport about it and answered all his questions,although I still don't like her. She has had quite a bizarre life. 

Brandi is one of the strangest little creatures I have ever seen on any HW show. She behaves like a 12 year old in a 30 year olds body. Talk about thirsty. 

• Love 3

Stephanie is really growing on me.  She seems fairly down to earth and appreciative of what she has.  I could understand the crying because I've seen people in my life who break down after any sort of confrontation.  LeeAnne was basically screaming at her and pointing her finger in her face.  If you aren't used to that kind of aggression, tears can erupt.

I still contend as I said last week that Brandi is immensely unhappy and acting over the top as a result.  I think she's probably a very sweet person, but sad and heartbroken at the state of her marriage.  It is scary when a marriage is ending, especially when you have two kids.  Been there done that, so maybe it hits too close to home to be objective about her.

I've never done yoga beyond Wii Fit level (lol) so Cary's moves knocked my socks off. 

Tiffany seems more like she's playing both sides than being the peacemaker.  I'll have to wait this one out and see.

LeeAnne said on WWHL that Marie brought Taylor to the party purposefully to spread those rumors about her.  Seems like even her friends aren't really her friends which might be why she's so guarded.  Doesn't make me like her anymore just yet, but it makes me understand her a little bit.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

I'm not a LeeAnne fan but I felt bad for her when Taylor shared that LeeAnne had pooped her pants.  For one, I don't believe it, and even if it happened, how would he know?  It's not something you announce.  What you do is you quietly excuse yourself, go home and clean up.  (Don't ask me how I know.) 

Also, Taylor -- you don't need more botox.  Your face doesn't move when you speak.  You've had enough.

I don't believe the Leanne soiled herself story either. That little boy was being a bitch.

• Love 9

LeeAnne and Brandi are both wrong, both acting stupid and both are being attention seekers. They just come from two extremes where one wants to pretend that she doesn't care what anyone thinks of her and the other wants to pretend that it matters what people think of you...but really what she means is that it only matters what the socialites think of you. Both are annoying. I think LeeAnne's obsession with the charity world is her way of trying to feel like she fits in. I just get the vibe that she resents that her childhood was the way it was - she literally grew up a black sheep to what is considered 'normal' society. Brandi is distracting herself from what seems to be a failing marriage and a broken family. 

Stephanie is the only tolerable one of the group and so far, this entire show and cast are piggy backing on a storyline that's about someone wearing shit on their hat. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I did laugh at Stephanie's sister explaining that while they didn't have Uber they have AAA, and if you're too drunk you just call them and have them tow you home!

That was pure gold.  I also agree with how sweet Brandi was at the dinner table (everyone drinking water!) at Stephanie's family's house.  She seems so much more comfortable there than at the events.  I heard both Brandi and Stephanie on RadioAndy on Sirius/XM the other day and they were so sweet and funny and seemed better than they do on the show.  They were both nominated by someone else that the production company was targeting for the show because they were so goofy and hilarious together with their antics.  They did not know it was for the Real Housewives franchise until after they had shot all of their footage and went to shoot the opener holding the stars that they were told it was RHOD.

4 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I guess the mystery of why Stephan Pyles closed his flagship downtown restaurant last week is solved.  He knew it could never recover from having this shitshow happy hour filmed there.

I said the same thing to my husband (who has no idea why we have to watch this -- other than its in the Dallas area...)

1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

Taylor seemed like a plant to me as well.  He was only there to cause trouble -- guess he has "bowed up" with LeeAnne before during their board serving time....

I think that someone has to be encouraging these ladies(?) to start fighting at these meetings as it happens every.single.time.  I have never seen this sort of fighting in real life at charity, social or other events.  I do not see people fighting/arguing at restaurants so much either.  Dallas is really a chill place and the people are friendly.  Not that you could tell it from this bunch....

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JenFromCincy said:

Stephanie is really growing on me.  She seems fairly down to earth and appreciative of what she has.  I could understand the crying because I've seen people in my life who break down after any sort of confrontation.  LeeAnne was basically screaming at her and pointing her finger in her face.  If you aren't used to that kind of aggression, tears can erupt.

I agree. It wasn't even so much WHAT she said, but the fact that she got right up in her face when she was screaming. Also, I don't know if that's the case here, but I'm a crier, period. I cry when I'm angry. Once when I worked at a preschool and we had a staff meeting, this co-worker went off on me (because I told the director that some children from her class had escaped out the back door and were running wild in the parking area) and I began crying. It wasn't because she hurt my feelings or anything like that. It was because I was pissed and trying to hold in my anger and not act like she was. So I sat there shaking my foot and crying. I don't know, when I feel any kind of way, tears come out. I can't help it. So I'd be the last person to fault Stephanie. 

2 hours ago, JenFromCincy said:

Tiffany seems more like she's playing both sides than being the peacemaker.  I'll have to wait this one out and see.

My guess is that Tiffany quickly realized that LeeAnne may be coming off really badly on the show and decided it might be better to defect to the "nice" side. But she doesn't want to rush it and look like a bad friend, so she's going to make a more gradual transition. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

My guess is that Tiffany quickly realized that LeeAnne may be coming off really badly on the show and decided it might be better to defect to the "nice" side. But she doesn't want to rush it and look like a bad friend, so she's going to make a more gradual transition. 

Excellent point.

2 hours ago, mothmonsterman said:

Kissing people's butts to get them to do something will never go out of style.  With charities there is a lot of kissing up, and Leeanne is willing to do it.  Also, it seems like she is kind of always the same, so I feel like the people in charities already know the real her.  

I have worked for several charities and the charities need doers like Leeanne, someone who will put in the work, it is equally as important as those who give money (to me, maybe just because I was usually behind the scenes).

Also, I don't know why people keep saying people have to be born into the society world.  This isn't Game of Thrones where one of the only ways to get ahead is having a king's blood in you.  Money and connections talk, I don't know that people care so much who your parents are. Sure it can matter, but it isn't even close to being the only way in.

I don't bash Leanne for her charity work, that is admirable. I do hold her to account on other things.

Sure "society" can be someone who marries or buys into it or someone born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Leanne is the one making the distinction about the striations of  "Society", she is the one making the incessant "you, them, us and I" statements and getting her knickers in a twist when someone calls her on her pretention and striving.

If Brandi was much wealthier and more well connected I bet Leanne would have bit her tongue when Brandi mocked her and would have said how clever the poop hat was and laughed off the seat dropping just to get checks out of her. I'm sure Leanne has done and still does that in regard to a super wealthy patron's slights to her but she wont take it from someone she deems below her.

• Love 8

I've been watching this from the start, and as everyone else has said before, the Poop talk needs to end, one maybe two times it might be funny, but every freaking episode and in every scene, ridiculous... if the production team "encourages" these ladies to stir the pot, I hope they "encourage" them to stop the potty talk.

Lee Ann's life revolves around charities, we get it and just like the poop talk I could use one episode without hearing the word Charity, but at the same time the other ladies know how serious she takes her "job" , leave her be, but then again there wouldn't be a show if they did.

The clips I saw of her and Tiffany at her house relaxing by the pool were the most likable to me, I could get behind that Lee Ann.

I get a very Mean Girl vibe off the trio Cary, Brandi, and Stephanie when they are together, and Cary is the instigator, that woman has no scruples and lives to make fun of people, husband included and I wouldn't put it past her to do it toward your kid too.

I grew up around extended family that always made little sarcastic comments about weight, looks, money... you'd be surprised how that crap sneaks up on you later as an adult.

Brandi is an immature baby talking woman, no amount of tears makes her likable to me because I feel she is seeking whatever kind of attention she can get. 

Will have to come back and finish this later... lunch break is over. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Buying your way in is another. To paraphrase Jill Zarin, who "[ran] in a fabulous circle of people," the price of entry is naming a building...or maybe it was the wing of a building. At any rate, new money is accepted in certain circles if one shows the largesse. Talking a good game isn't enough.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, JellyBean77 said:

Stephanie sounds like she must have traded her OK accent for that ditzy, teenage valley girl one. 

I'm confused by Stephanie and her family.  I have cousins raised strict Pentecostal,d they were not active in the pageant world - it's far too immodest.  The parents also had no problem with liquor being served in the house.  But the funniest part was Stephanie reaching for the baby dressed like a boy down to the little bow tie, and talked about how adorable "she" was.  Brandi seemed more loving with Stephanie's family than Stephanie.  Stephanie also seems a little disconnected from her own children.

17 hours ago, archer1267 said:

I doubt LeeAnne has raised "millions of dollars" for charity, regardless of what Tiffany says. 

I agree, especially when LeeAnne bragged about the $20,000 dollars she raised.  Seems like peanuts.  The only thing I'm liking about her is her love of dogs, which seems very genuine.

4 hours ago, archer1267 said:

Yup. I bet she is a "philanthropist" in that Sonja Morgan way - I believe Sonja's contribution to that LBGT teenager fundraiser (?) in the Hamptons was her burlesque "performance." (And no, I'm not kidding.)

I don't think she's as bad as Sonja.  Sonja couldn't even state what the LGBT letters stood for.

3 hours ago, JenFromCincy said:

I still contend as I said last week that Brandi is immensely unhappy and acting over the top as a result.  I think she's probably a very sweet person, but sad and heartbroken at the state of her marriage.  It is scary when a marriage is ending, especially when you have two kids.  Been there done that, so maybe it hits too close to home to be objective about her.

I find Brandi very sympathetic.  Her husband is very cold, and stupidly blames the little rabbit for being thrown in his face by his daughters.  Maybe ask yourself why your daughters have to try so hard to gain your attention, asshole.  I also got the distinct impression that the dogs and rabbit would go into that large box the minute the family left.

I refuse to make fun of Brandi's baby voice.  There's a theory as to why grown women talk like babies, and it's been proven true too many times for me to discount it.

Edited by RedheadZombie
grammar
  • Love 4