Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

https://www.wholesalehats.com/Trucker-Hats

WHOLESALE POLYESTER  MESH BACK  TRUCKER HATS

Product  Number - 7445 - PINK

I was all over Amazon but couldn't find Peaches' hat.  What I did find was a link to this website, which has customizable hats costing less than the good price that Peaches found.  (No offense meant, Peaches.)  I didn't have time to go all through the site, but here's an example in pretty pink that we could get BUNCHA monogrammed on!  You may find others.

I think these are so Pawhuska!  LOL

ETA:  Oops.  Just noticed the heart icon over on the right.  I clicked on it, knowing that it wouldn't register a "like" from me, but it did!  LOL  I'm embarrassed, but if anyone thinks I gave myself a heart out of a big ego, I didn't mean to!  How about that?  Everybody should give themselves a like, just to even the score.  (Just kidding, Lisin!)

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

Giant meatballs are stupid.  For the boys of course.  To watch during a football game.  NOT for the girls of course, they get salad.  Now a giant sized pizza.  She is really playing up the gender stereotypes, she and her producers probably believe that is what middle America wants.  I see they have the token black friend, Treyvon, maybe she can make him fried chicken and watermelon.  Next is coming "mile high mud pie."  After that diabetes.  She must own stock in a sugar company.  One problem with a giant meatball is that it might not cook all the way through.  Then you have raw meat, and have to put it back in the pan to cook.  In the first part of the show she made fried onions.  That isn't so bad, but I don't like doing that with all the oil that one must dispose of.  So much easier to buy some.

• Love 1

Now she is making desert, a huge ice cream cake.  With caramel sauce.  She is cutting it into huge pieces for the boys.  Getting them used to eating huge amounts of fat and sugar.  The pieces are so big I can't believe it.  She is contributing to America's obesity crisis.  Now Trisha is on.  She is a bit better.  She has gained back the weight she lost a few years ago.  Even so, keeping it off is hard, especially living in America.  Garth and Trisha are big stars, but they still are more down to earth and genuine than Ree, who I believe glories in her fame.

• Love 5

https://www.wholesalehats.com/Style-Number--6245CM

I think the pink one in this style is my favorite.  It's close enough to a trucker's hat, but it's cute, IMHO.

Before I can choose a slogan, I need a few questions answered.  Is this gang going to strike the Merc in the middle of the night and raise a little hell to scare Ree?  Or is this a daytime raid, and with what purpose?  I've been picturing a stealthy little gang of no-goods, breaking into the Merc by the light of the moon and setting Ree straight on a few of our gripes with spray paint, etc.  Maybe I have it all wrong.  Peaches?  Grisgris?  Film noire?  Anyone else?  I LOVE the name BUNCHA!  It sounds like a war cry!  Maybe with a T-shirt saying "REE-belling!" or something like that.  Ideas?

• Love 2

It's okay, buy what is that thing on the bill? I like this one:

PONK Custom Baseball Cap Vintage Printed Sun Protection Hat Classic Hip-Hop Sport Cap Adjustable Snap-Back Hat

4.6 out of 5 stars    19 customer reviews

| 5 answered questions

Price:$5.99 + $3.99 shipping

Get $70 off instantly: Pay $0.00 upon approval for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.

Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.

Fit:

As expected (100%) 

Color: retro rose

In stock.

Get it as soon as Feb. 6 - 9 when you choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.

Ships from and sold by Zhongtan Technology.

100% Cotton Made. Lightweight / Durable

Imported

100% Cotton Lightweight material, breathable, perfect for all types of weather

Our comfortable baseball caps are perfect match with most outfits and an excellent gifting idea for your friends and loved ones!

Suitable for all sports indoors and outdoors, such like:running, gym, travel, match, street dance party and etc.

Adjustable design for max comfort, can fit various sizes of heads with ease, suitable for adults, college students, teen boys and girls alike

Quick shipping and home delivery, Come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Don't hesitate to contact us to make your own baseball hat

Peaches, DH and I have searched the site with your info and went through a list of every hat in their inventory.  The only way we can find your hat is with the item number.   The website's search engine goes by item numbers, not names or titles of hats.  I'm anxious to see which cap you liked, but I'll need the item number to find it. 

• Love 1

Sounds like a good reason to me.  This lull between New Year's and Spring is always so dull.  We need to raise some Cain!  I heard some talk over at the beauty shop that Hye's been gearin' up to do a couple-a more commercials.  Since Hye can't read a sentence straight to save her soul, that might be somethin' we might consider sittin' in on. 

Edited by Lura
  • Love 2

I don't care for the color because I look terrible in it.  Always have.  I can handle the pink color, just not the rose.  Also, do you know that the pre-formed bill on that cap is 3.5" long?  I'm not keen on having a bill that long, which covers the front and the sides. 

There is a cap shown in the color chart called Plain Pink, I think.  It's in the third row down, second hat in.  It looks like the bill is much shorter, and it's a pretty pink.  Actually, from the picture, it looks like the crown of the hat is closer to the rose color, and the bill is a paler pink.  That's the hat that I like.  I don't know if it's actually two colors or just looks that way in the picture.  I sent a question, and hopefully it will be answered eventually.

Sorry if I'm sounding particular.  My mom never could wear that rose color either.  It turned our faces to a bleached white.  Really awful!  :)  Not as bad as Ree looks, but sort of.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Lura said:

Now, what are we buying these for?  Aside from a buncha fun, that is!

I propose pictures of everyone in a hat holding something that will drive Ree crazy (like a "eating healthy" cookbook or a boy playing with dolls) and post it on her FB page.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I propose pictures of everyone in a hat holding something that will drive Ree crazy (like a "eating healthy" cookbook or a boy playing with dolls) and post it on her FB page.

Or a buncha manly guys in cowboy hats eating great big salads. Or maybe quiche. :)

• Love 3

Her facebook page says she was the keynote speaker of the national cattleman's association convention.  Why?  She says in the blurb that she can't even saddle a horse. It was held in Arizona, which was a nice warm getaway in this bitter weather.  You can bet she was paid, and probably a lot.  For probably doing her Ethyl Mermon impression, and putting up pictures of her dogs.  She wore the same butterfly boots that were in the 12 days of boots this year.  Why do people fall for this con artist?  Is anyone watching the superbowl?  I will. Also the puppy and kitten bowl, I hope.  I will be making wings, potato skins, and I bought spinach dip and hummus.  

• Love 2

SQUEEEE!  I love the Super Bowl almost as much as I love Thanksgiving!  My son and future daughter-in-law came over.  I served veggies, chips, hummus, guac, Korean pancakes, samosas, pulled chicken sandwiches and for dessert, macaroons and clementines with Caramel Shortbread tea.  

• Love 3

IOU Payne, what a fantastic spread, and every single thing sounds delicious!  I'd have been there, too, if I'd been invited.  (LOL)  Where do you get (or who makes?) your Caramel Shortbread tea?  It sounds heavenly, especially with dessert!

• Love 2

Thanks, Lura.  Consider yourself on the invite list!  The kids took home all the leftover chips and cookies.  The tea is from David's Teas.  I got a gift certificate for Chanukah, and it's a total splurge to drink a flavoured tea.  Check out their website if you don't have one in the mall near you.  It's the next phase of the Great Canadian Beverage Invasion - first we brought you Tim Horton's.....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, IOU Payne said:

It's the next phase of the Great Canadian Beverage Invasion - first we brought you Tim Horton's.....

The heck with beverages - bring me Nanaimo bars!  Tim Horton's used to carry them in the States and called them Silk Bars or some other silly name but they stopped.  Man, those things are to die for.  Luckily I am heading for Vancouver in the fall so will stock up when I am there.

• Love 2

My mother used to make Nanaimo bars for the holidays. Our aunt and uncle lived in Toronto and that's where we got the recipe. I remember that you needed Bird's custard powder, which back in the 60s-70s was next to impossible to purchase (at least in the Kansas City area.) So ... my aunt would send Mom a supply. (Today, you can find it anywhere and when all else fails, World Market!) Anyway, she would always give a tray of Christmas cookies to the neighbors and they would always ask Mom for the recipe. She wouldn't share it because she knew it wouldn't work without that one ingredient. I guess it was deemed a "secret recipe." I don't like Nanaimo bars because I hate coconut so I would always just eat the top and middle!

Small world, eh? ;-)

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, grisgris said:

Small world, eh? ;-)

It sure is!  While they originated in, well, Nanaimo I have found them throughout Canada.  Some of the best ones I ever had were from a vendor at the City Market in St. John, New Brunswick.  And when I used to live in the Detroit area, I'd have to go to Windsor for Bird's.  If I couldn't get it, I would substitute vanilla pudding mix.

• Love 1

I'm getting an education.  I never heard of Nanaimo bars.  Would one of you care to describe them, please, for those of us who grew up deprived?  :)  I wish I'd known about them when we were in Vancouver, Calgary, Banff, etc.  Maybe we'll just have to go back to look for Nanaimo bars!  I love Canada, and people from Canada are the nicest, most polite people in the world.

In Canada, I was in the car at a shopping center, waiting for my husband to return from a store.  Suddenly, the car horn came on, and it was stuck.  One of those times you want to disappear and hide.  At least eight people came over to see if they could help, and one man actually fixed it.  Nice people!

• Love 3

Thank you for the recipes, IOU Payne and Kahola 3.  The bars sound and look delicious.  I'd like to try the one made by the woman from Nanaimo.

I sometimes use vanilla pudding mix in my cream puffs and eclairs.  It's yummy and practically indistinguishable from real custard or pastry cream.  Do you eat these with a fork, like cake, or by hand, like brownies?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lura said:

Thank you for the recipes, IOU Payne and Kahola 3.  The bars sound and look delicious.  I'd like to try the one made by the woman from Nanaimo.

I sometimes use vanilla pudding mix in my cream puffs and eclairs.  It's yummy and practically indistinguishable from real custard or pastry cream.  Do you eat these with a fork, like cake, or by hand, like brownies?

I do this as well. I use chocolate pudding sometimes too.

• Love 1

So do I. My mother, however, was the type who would absolutely refuse to deviate from a recipe. Vanilla pudding mix would definitely have been an easier (and at the time, cheaper) alternative to the Bird's custard powder but I know she would have complained about "tasting the difference" and not in a good way. She would never purchase "store brand" products like frozen vegetables. I think that's why she was such a big fan of Ina's. Ina is strictly by the book, too and prefers "good" brands.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, grisgris said:

So do I. My mother, however, was the type who would absolutely refuse to deviate from a recipe. Vanilla pudding mix would definitely have been an easier (and at the time, cheaper) alternative to the Bird's custard powder but I know she would have complained about "tasting the difference" and not in a good way. She would never purchase "store brand" products like frozen vegetables. I think that's why she was such a big fan of Ina's. Ina is strictly by the book, too and prefers "good" brands.

My mom was the same way until my dad (who sold electronics to manufacturing plants) told her he had just been at the Birdseye plant and they were using the exact veggies to fill the name brand packages and the store brand packages. She wised up.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lura said:

Do you eat these with a fork, like cake, or by hand, like brownies?

Like brownies. Gosh, after dwelling on these I think I am going to have to find some Bird's and make a batch. They are my very favorite dessert.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 2/6/2018 at 10:56 AM, Lura said:

Thank you for the recipes, IOU Payne and Kahola 3.  The bars sound and look delicious. 

When you're done with whipping up a batch of Nanaimo bars, you can move on to butter tarts, the other great Canadian invention (and one of the few things able to bring Canadians to harsh words, eh,  regarding the proper tart filling -- not me, though - I'll take them any way I can get them.;)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1

I watched the "kids-go-camping-with-Nana" episode yesterday.  How many of you have heard Ree give her story on how much she hates bananas?  I just sat through her long story about hating them two days ago.  So, here's Ree, putting together "banana boats" for the little campers, and she looks at the camera and starts in, all over again, with how much she hates bananas and has never tasted one in her entire life.  She also told the same story on a third episode, but I don't remember the name of it.  You talk about conversational filler!  I think Ree should kill that story and bury it somewhere on the ranch.  I would think the director would stop the taping and tell Ree that she's told the story twice before, but I'm beginning to think there's no director but Ree herself.  I'm just waiting for another dramatic telling of the day in high school when she walked into a plate glass door.

• Love 2

Today's episode about making Ladd's favorite breakfasts from the merc was so childish.  She made similar huge plates of fatty meat. Bacon, sausage, ham, fried hash brown potatoes, and sticky buns.  She told us the names of these various "dishes" at the merc, like "the cattleman's" etc.  "the farmer's" etc.  It should be more like "the widowmaker" or "cardiac arrest."  Or maybe "clinical obesity."  Or, "balloon angioplasty."  Ladd may not be fat but he will probably die early, but maybe that is the whole piont.  She also used the show to advertise her restaurant.

• Love 7

Looking at another episode I can't help but wonder what Ree's and Ladd's cholesterol levels are.  Probably very high.  I hope they start taking statins, to lower the levels.  The longer they live, the longer we can make fun of them!!! LOL. 

• Love 3
On 2/4/2018 at 9:22 AM, cathy said:

probably doing her Ethyl Mermon impression

Perhaps you mean Ethel Merman?  Though I do like your imagery of ethyl and her ranch.

Glad to see I wasn't the only thinking the huge food was ridiculous.  She uses way to much sauce on her pizza too - says the Italian.

• Love 1

I've been MIA for a few weeks, the winter blahs, the winter crud, in-law dramas (are some people genetically programmed to make bad decisions over and over and iver again?). And now couch-bound recovering from another bout of the crud. Watching Ree's chocolate episode from 2012, and she says the most honest words she has ever uttered on television - I'm going to let these cool and then dip them in basically everything I could get my hands on last time I went to the store.

Followed vh a glimpse of her toppings shopping trip.

• Love 3