Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Where Are They Now? Joe

• Start Topic

On the supersized episode, we learned that he told her he was interviewing for jobs on the day he bought the engagement ring.  If I was Sarah I would have asked him about his interviews.  Having a job really helps with, well, everything.  The more I saw of her, the more off she seems.  She's just a little odd.  It was interesting seeing her parents.  So often the families are very large.  She and Joe met on a weight loss support board.  I wonder how large she was.  Her parents were not obese.  Also, I noticed in every scene in which we saw Joe eating, other than at the hospital, Joe was eating carbs.  Dr. Now is as anti-carb as can be. 

• Love 3
On 5/2/2016 at 3:04 PM, Barb23 said:

I really think Joe thought he was a 200 lb person when he went to meet Sarah.  For example, the way he walked thru the airport when  his feet couldn't keep up with his body & he ultimately fell.  I thought he said something like the long walk thru the airport was the first time he had walked that distance without sitting.  Why didn't he just take a rest break? 

I didn't understand why he didn't request a wheel chair service.  They have plenty of those at airports.  And I found it weird that he was rushing to his gate, what in the world was he doing!? It's not like he was catching a connection. He should have been at the airport plenty of time ahead of his flight.

Someone donated $1000 on his gofundme.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

Wasn't me.

I'd like to become a friend to that person because if they're just willing and able to give away $1000 to worthless cause..... I have plenty of things I could do with $1k lol 

• Love 6

Not saying that he isn't a nice person, but maybe Joe's fiance is impressed that he is on tv, because when you think about it he has no job, a lot of health issues, and seems to be mentally stunted. Not a lot to offer to a woman with children, although she may be a bit simple minded too. He was so eager to finally be with a woman that he dropped his mom like a hot rock. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Was she working? It's not just the man's job in a relationship, IMO.

I was not suggesting that it was.  Given that they are both trying to get people to donate money to them for a wedding, honeymoon and house, I would expect them both to be working if physically able, which they seem to be.  He had said he was interviewing but it was a ruse so he could buy a ring and buy rose petals to put on the table.  Personally, if I were her, I would want to know if he had been able to secure any interviews.  And if I were him, I would hope she had a job or prospects also.  My comments were aimed at the situation of that day; they were not intended to in any way imply that men are expected to be the only ones working. 

• Love 3

I watched the episode again and beyond my original comments, just found Joe creepy.   I think the part they hid is he is probably prone to tantrums, because he strikes me as a spoiled kid who never grew up and lives in a world of one.

Sarah must have some developmental issues along with major delusion.

• Love 5

In theory I think go fund me is a good thing..BUT I think at this point it's grossly misused like a magic genie.  It's to the point I ignore them now, call me old fashioned but I find it distasteful to literally just ask for money. I'm sorry but a wedding is not a necessity, there are a lot of people who go to the courthouse and maybe have a ceremony a few years down the road when you can save it up.  I think the purpose of go fund me is good and I want to help where I can... It's devastating when someone dies suddenly and unexpectedly, or you lose everything to a natural disaster... But more often than not people are seeking to supplement income, or using it like insurance for every single medical procedure (I'm not referencing Joe, I understand weight loss surgery and the related are not covered by insurance).  I've always been really self conciliatory about my teeth and would absolutely LOVE to get veneers, it would seriously boost my self esteem so much... BUT if I want that it is MY responsibility to save up for it, I can't imagine asking my friends/loved ones to pitch in for it.  Especially so much, if they were asking maybe for $2000 to help off set some of the expenses, while I don't agree, I can kinda understand... But $20,000!? 

• Love 4

Just wanted to point out that the banner image on Joe's FB page says, "Don't Wish for It, Work for It," and his very first post is pointing people to his wedding beg-a-thon page. 

Joe needs to take his irony meter in for some fine tuning. 

Caught this one today as a rerun. I felt very uncomfortable watching Joe. Frankly there was something that really just creeped me out. The social awkwardness was in high gear-his girlfriend walks in to dinner and he puts his had up like "wait!" And then he proposes (what are they thinking, they don't know each other.) Then Joe blurts out to his mom that he's not going back home with her. For me it was uncomfortable all around. 

I didnt have much skeeve factor with Joe. I kind of felt sorry for him to tell you the truth. 

Marrying the first chick to ever touch Mr Winky after one whole date is probably not smart...but they seem to be a fairly decent "match" if you will. Not sure why he was eating heaps of pasta at his proposal dinner.

Ditching Mom was douchy as well.  Their conversation seemd staged though. They spend all day sitting in a tiny apartment.  Did she really not know what was going on between the two of them?  

They're showing this on TLC right now (Saturday February 12th).     It's sad to see how happy he is to meet his online girlfriend in person, knowing everything about the relationship.       Seeing how supportive his mother is, and how mean he is to her is irritating.    This was originally a combined episode with Charity, but that seems to be on the previous hour, and split off from this one.  

This is the second of three episodes about him, the first was his original episode, this is the first WATN in 2016, and there's another one later in 2017. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

I'm watching the rerun of the WATN.   Joe is so rude, and such a user.   When he falls in the airport, a bunch of people run to help him up, and he only says he's fine, but not a Thank You to anyone.       This is the one where he gets married, while treating him mother like an afterthought, after she supported him for years.    I won't say what eventually happens, but there's a lot out there about what happened after the wedding happened, and the show ended.