Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Kayla & Courtney

Possibly the most bizarre episode ever. I totally think Courtney is full of shit, but for the life of me can't see why she would go to so much trouble to research it all.  15 minutes of fame?  Maybe she wants to sell her services to other simpletons clients.

The main reason I came to post was about the raccoon.  Not for nothing, but a raccoon behaving weirdly, out in daylight, and in Florida, made me think of rabies first and foremost, not some act of possession by a psychotic killer.  Sure, go ahead and approach that raccoon Nev.  

• Love 3
On 4/29/2016 at 9:29 AM, shelley1005 said:

Listen MTV....when I watch Catfish....I wanna watch about people thinking they're dating Will Smith and then finding out in the end they are dating Alfonso Ribeiro.  (which to me would be a total win and we'd do the Carlton dance as the episode ended).  

I also think Nev and Max need to up their investigating skills....since they didn't do anything to find out more about this woman and what connection she might have to this family.  Of course...because Catfish is scripted and mostly fake.  Boo.  Hiss.  

THIS times 1000! My husband had watched this episode before me, and told me I HAD to see it. What a let down, when it got to the end....

• Love 3
On 4/28/2016 at 6:46 PM, AManfred said:

The creepiest part of this episode was that raccoon. What was Max doing approaching a raccoon that was acting strangely and out during the day??

Sorry Amanfred.  I posted something similar on page 2 and for some reason didn't notice there was a page 1, and that you had already said the same thing.  

• Love 3

Lmbo! This article sums up this bullshit scam of a show brilliantly! I'm disappointed in Catfish, MTV, and especially Nev & Max. And Courtney, the amazon ladyzilla beast, scared me with her giant size and those man hands! Yikes!

• Love 2
  On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 5:46 PM, AManfred said:

The creepiest part of this episode was that raccoon. What was Max doing approaching a raccoon that was acting strangely and out during the day??

Sorry Amanfred.  I posted something similar on page 2 and for some reason didn't notice there was a page 1, and that you had already said the same thing.  

Trained animal to add to the paranormal effect they were trying to pull off. Or just an odd coincidence. Either way, it wasn't Frankie, because he is DEAD. lol.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, lulabell79 said:

Trained animal to add to the paranormal effect they were trying to pull off. Or just an odd coincidence. Either way, it wasn't Frankie, because he is DEAD. lol.

Listen, I don't pretend to know the mysteries of the universe, but if you were going to come back....why as a raccoon?  They eat garbage and live in garages.  I would come back as a honey badger.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

Racoons standing on the hind legs is totally common.  Youtube it.  It's not anything weird....and totes adorable.  

Not only that, but they were meeting in a picnic area at a park when the critter approached.  Where ELSE are raccoons going to congregate?  I'd be shocked if they weren't there!

I was reading around the 'net and found a reddit subthread devoted to this episode.  I didn't verify the research past clicking to see if the FB posts look legit (they did), but some people there found that the aunt, who was against psychics for religious reasons on this show, had previously posted on FB about going to see the Long Island Medium and some other local psychic to talk to her dead brother.  If that's the case, then there's a lot more reason to believe Kayla wasn't wrong about her aunt feeding the information to Courtney.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

Racoons standing on the hind legs is totally common.  Youtube it.  It's not anything weird....and totes adorable.  

I meant it was odd that it was out during the day. Here in NJ, raccoons out during the day means they rabid and you should call animal control asap! lol

• Love 1

This woman gave me the creeps from the get go. She was too affected to be authentic and anyone who was viewing with a critical eye could have seen this. My theory as far as how she knew what she knew is that she was likely a friend of someone in the group home or was in the group home with him herself. Also, I was reading a few articles about how they cast this show and did ya'll know the CATFISH is the one who makes the initial contact with the show? In my estimation of what is happening she DID INTEND to let the whole world know about her so called "gift" by CALLING CATFISH and having the entire thing APPEAR to unfold before the viewers eyes. This has been very interesting.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, if you read the Reddit page (very first paragraph sums it up nicely):  https://www.reddit.com/r/catfish/comments/4gugzc/s05e10_investigation/

You will see screenshots of the Aunts Facebook page where she had visited multiple mediums. One of which she said she left there with "total closure" where her brother came across with things no one else would know.

This from the woman who said she didn't believe in mediums.

So yup, Aunt was in on it. Now whether they were all in on it to promote Courtney (which has obviously happened) or she did it to give her niece some closure, who knows?

Edited by Jenkins
  • Love 2

Ok so the story is tragic and obviously true. However my theory is, Kayla and the Aunt and maybe the whole family are bats hit crazy. They or someone close to them obviously know Courtney and fed the information and I personally think Kayla and the aunt were in on it, just to get on TV. And you didn't think some hillbillys from Kentucky were that smart...  obviously a collusion. And even though courtney was a giant, she resembled kayla and the aunt in the face tremendously. The eyes don't lie. Kayla couldn't hardly look her in the eyes when learning all this new info and first meeting courtney. Its total BS but good TV for the naive. 

• Love 4

Come on people. I can tell you how Kayla and her family are in cahoots with Courtney. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed remember. When Nev and Max say, only in Kayla's presence, that Courtney did not show much emotion during the initial visit, somehow Courtney knew how to explain (during the 2nd meeting), that she held back her emotion on purpose because they might find her crazy.  That's seems quite obvious to me she was told to explain this. But of course she is a psychic ha! Courtney is a terrible actor.  Kayla is not bad though with those tears.

• Love 1

Best case scenario, this woman is who she claims to be, and for some reason she can acurately communicate for the dead father. Even so, I wouldn't want anything to do with the guy who killed my pregnant mother.

Also, I don't think this is at all legit, I'm not sure what the scam is or who is in on it, or why they're doing it, but I don't believe any of it. Too bad the young girl did/does.

• Love 1

Just caught this epi on repeat. OH MY GOSH!! Shame on Nev and I'm looking at you most, Max for being a part of this huge scam. Courtney and aunt Shannon (or maybe gma) are in cahoots over this. I don't think Kayla is in on it, too much genuine emotion.

• Love 1
(edited)
On May 1, 2016 at 10:58 PM, Blissfool said:

The way that courtney said "you have your father's eyes" made me think she had a personal connection to frank while he was alive. I don't know much about mediums, can they actually SEE the dead person, or just feel his presence? 

Maybe courtney is related to the foster mom.

Edited by Ashpotato27
  • Love 1
(edited)
On April 29, 2016 at 5:26 PM, emily842752 said:
On April 29, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Cranky One said:

I think it's very possible that Courtney could have been a pen pal  of Frankie while he was in prison. That's my theory. She probably read about him online and started writing him.

Heck, she may not have been writing to Frankie directly. Even writing to his cellmate could have garnered enough info about Frankie (since what Courtney seemed to know was pretty basic). What annoyed me is that when Frank supposedly joined them during the last scene, why didn't Nev and Max have Courtney ask him additional information to "prove" Courtney was really talking to him.  Like his Social Security number, etc. 

I'm so glad I found this website convo! I thought the exact same thing. Ask his social security #! Hahaha. The prison pen pal is another really good theory. At first I thought she must've been a friend of the foster mother (which would explain knowing all of his favorite things etc).. But thinking back, how fast the aunt changed from totally against it to totally for it, she's probably in on it. Why weren't any other family members involved like "grandma" who supposedly told her to message Courtney back in the first place? Sigh. Fake, so so fake. No one actually bought all that right? I realllllly hope not, regardless of the situation, it was definitely not real. I'm so mad Nev&Max never addressed that!

Edited by Ashpotato27
  • Love 1

I believe in psychics and mediums but good ones--and this person was so fake. I was shocked when Max said he believed her. He usually sees through the liars--not as much as I do or as fast, but more than average. When they both said they believed it, it was then that I realized the show was fake or the two guys aren't as bright as I thought they were. They did say they were out of their league, so why not bring someone in who is in the league. There were numerous indications of how insincere this nut job was from the moment she walked up to them. She followed this story, talked to a lot of people, was a pen pal with the guy, knew his cel mate, etc. Numerous possibilities. So disappointed in the show after I saw this one. I used to enjoy it.

I believe in psychics and mediums but good ones--and this person was so fake. I was shocked when Max said he believed her. He usually sees through the liars--not as much as I do or as fast, but more than average. When they both said they believed it, it was then that I realized the show was fake or the two guys aren't as bright as I thought they were. They did say they were out of their league, so why not bring someone in who is in the league. There were numerous indications of how insincere this nut job was from the moment she walked up to them. She followed this story, talked to a lot of people, was a pen pal with the guy, knew his cel mate, etc. Numerous possibilities. So disappointed in the show after I saw this one. I used to enjoy it.

And this girl is so desperate to replace her parents that you can tell her anything. Either that or she cooked it up with the fake medium and/or her aunt. So bogus. Why did they even air it?

• Love 1