Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Road Trip / S05.E18: A Chill Day In

After being emasculated in front of Cece, Schmidt insists on a manly bachelor party weekend in Vegas, but the road trip goes awry when the guys end up at a desert biker bar and he must put his newfound bravado to the test.

Refusing to accept that their crazy days are behind them, Jess and Cece abandon their low-key bachelorette party plans and seek a night out to top all others.

I loved these episodes. I liked getting the guys and the girls in their own stories and giving them time together. I love the Jess/Cece friendship and I think that plot was pretty fabulous. High Jess was actually pretty funny and their adventures were solid. Adding Allie to the mix actually did a lot to flesh out her character and I really loved having Allie (Or is it Aly, short for Alyssa?) hang with someone other than Winston. She's a strong enough character that I think she could blend into the group.

Nick/Schmidt was also great. They're just such solid friends and I loved that Nick went along with Schmidt's need to prove himself. Those "bikes" were ridiculous and Schmidt should have gone out that bathroom window but I still enjoyed it. I could have done without the groomsmen that weren't Nick and Winston. I found none of that funny, but I guess Winston needed something to do until his big moment with Allie.

I loved that moment too. Winston won her over by caring and being a good person. Even his confession of feelings was sweet and not overbearing. I can totally believe that Allie is done with her jerk boyfriend in favour of Winston.

• Love 1

I smiled all through Road Trip but really laughed out loud at A Chill Day In. Cece and Jess stoned was just too funny. Their antics in the store with the breadmaker were hysterical. Especially when it kept talking to them. Not sure how I feel about Winston and Allie (or however it's spelled) - doesn't seem like the show has invested enough time in Allie to make us really care about her yet. And that also made his obsession over her kind of annoying. 

I'm glad they've found a way to keep Nadia around too.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 1

I laughed more during the first 30 seconds of the Prince re-run than I did for this entire hour. I think I've fallen out of love with this show :(

There were some good ideas here. Getting the guys away from Jess and exploring the relationship between Nick & Schmidt is usually golden. But I found myself more interested in and amused by the other groomsmen.

Connecting the slow-mo fight scene from the first episode, to the mall jail breakout in the second episode is one of those crazy and brilliant writing ideas that I usually would fawn over. But the desert fight scene just didn't work for me. I think it's because Schmidt works best when he's pretentious and douchy. Having him all in a tizzy because he thinks he can't take care of Cece is a generic storyline that every show uses, but really shouldn't have happened here.

And to top it all off, relationships that start before another relationship is ended just aren't cool. And that's not the first time this show has gone there.

29 minutes ago, andipandi said:

The original bachelor plan was japan, right? I could swear it was Japan, and there was an episode about finding the money.

Yes. They had a throwaway line early in the episode saying that Japan was out. It came so suddenly that I couldn't catch the reason. They couldn't get the money after all, or something.

Did the breadmaker ever get resolved?  Cece doesn't even have the battered one that was abandoned in the store.  Or did she say something to Jess & Aly about telling Schmidt later? 

Schmidt knew about the package delivery, which is why Cece wanted to immediately replace it.  Guess Schmidt temporarily forgot with all that happened to him afterward.

I loved both episodes. I really loved that Jess and Cece were watching Anne of Green Gables. I love the AoGG films (even the crappy last one). Like Cece, I would have thrown it all away for Gilbert Blythe. RIP Jonathan Crombie.

• Love 3

I thought the boys' trip was gold. MG has been on fire this whole season. His expressions with the "Toby" confrontation and immediately preceding the fight were hysterical. And the throwaway ending with the two of them on the bike and the boom box... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I think Rob Riggle is hilarious (in small doses). Poor Robby. And i don't remember the other guy's relation, but I remember him from the Robin Williams/SMG show where he played movie voiceover guy. He's always funny. a true HITG.