Type keyword(s) to search

Ghost Adventures - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 3/25/2017 at 11:26 PM, humbleopinion said:

New episode "Stone Lion Inn" was a doozy.

Poltergeist activity, Class 1 EVPs, light orb, audible footsteps.

Aaron's plumber's crack...you'll understand once you watch the episode.

This aired tonight in Canada. Maybe we're finally catching up to you guys. That door slamming shut on them in nerve center made me jump a mile high. That was a lot of force used and I wasn't expecting it. The last five minutes was crazy exciting.

Silent Movie Theater location did not disappoint with EVPs, poltergeist activity, apparitions, psychic mediums, orbs, mapping of spirits plus more.

Zac is back wearing is knit hat like a cone head.

If you have never seen Ghost Adventures, this episode has enough action to hook you to the show.

• Love 1

No more demons. Stop it with the demons. Just release Demon House and call it a wrap on the demons.

Zak said recently on Twitter that he hats it when he's having a bad hair day. Ok, fine, but why that stupid of a hat? Also, you're a dude with very short hair. How much of a bad hair day can you possibly have anyway?

On 4/29/2017 at 9:05 PM, humbleopinion said:

Exorcism in Erie.

Intense show.

Ugh.

20 hours ago, Ananayel said:

No more demons. Stop it with the demons. Just release Demon House and call it a wrap on the demons.

I hate it when they start talking about demons and claim they're going some place that has demonic activity. I hate it so much that I stopped watching and deleted this latest episode after just 10 minutes because I couldn't stand listening to them talk about demons anymore. I know they've investigated lots of places and encountered lots of things, but as far as I can see they don't have anywhere near the experience with demons that they would need to claim the level of expertness they're trying to.

On 4/13/2017 at 6:14 PM, humbleopinion said:

Samaritan Cult House was a weird episode with the history of the cult, the founder, her husbands and murdered children.

Into the bizarre mix, add the ZOZO Demon guy from a past episode.

He and Zak do the Ouija board to no results.

The planchette flies when Jay joins the dude on the Ouija board spelling out what's ailing Jay's brother.

This one aired on Saturday in Canada. I found it weird seeing the Zozo guy again. Nor do I believe in Zozo or this guy's ability to summon. I also wouldn't put it past Zac to leak the info about Jay's brother's kidney problems to the producers for dramatic purposes.

(edited)
On 4/29/2017 at 7:05 PM, humbleopinion said:

Exorcism in Erie.

Intense show.

Poor guy REALLY looked haunted.  I was surprised the Ghost Adventures guys didn’t ask the guy about his friends.  If he’s such a mess, wouldn’t his friends also be haunted/followed by something?

Edited by PBSLover

The Erie guy looked really rough.

He took the horseshoe from the other house that was used in demonic, satanic rituals and hung it over the family's fireplace...what a dumbass.

He buried it, then a storm came, uprooted a tree, exposed the horseshoe from the ground and someone brought it into the garage.

Why didn't he get rid of it after it reappeared from the ground? Dumbass...

Bishop was a badass... I'd call him if I needed a exorcism.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Wonder if Zozo guy is still married to his wife, the one that has an encounter with the spirit...with her pants undone.

Wasn't there an aftershocks episode featuring them and they had broken up? I feel like she was in jail at the time but I might be confusing her with someone else.

Freak Show Murder House aired tonight. I still can't believe this family thought it would be a good idea to buy a house where a gruesome double murder took place, and then add haunted items to it. It was just frustrating and I felt for the teens.

I’ve watched a lot of paranormal shows over the years.  Since GA is one of the few that has stuck around, I still watch but I really got pulled into the paranormal shows when psychics were the investigators, communicating directly with the spirits, getting them to pass over.  Because the psychic is having conversations with the dead as well as being with other people and for the camera, there is a lot of explanation. In addition, the other people (crew, the psychic herself) have spirits around them that can help guide whatever lost soul to the light.

Getting the spirits to pass over is a big thing to me and I wish these guys would suggest it more than they do.  Especially if there are children stuck.  After years of watching these shows, when a spirit says, “help me,” it just pisses me off they don’t bring in a psychic (maybe they do) to investigate.  

Yes I know that when they go to prisons or insane asylums, there is chance these spirits have chosen purgatory here on earth rather than face the music in the light. Some are just playing games with the guys. But some are just lost and can’t find their way out.

Maybe I am too idealistic.  Happy Sunday!!!!

** Demons and non-human darknesses are not included in what I am describing.

• Love 1

That is why I like Dead Files.

Amy does suggest how to help the families with their situation.

But some of the families still don't do what she suggests...why they don't is baffling...

But GAC's sincerity, like Paranormal Lockdown is why I am a fan.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I cannot watch that show. Way too dark.  The shit Amy describes she is seeing?  I watched one episode on a Friday and on Saturday night at 3am I was up with the lights on, rather freaked out.  I stopped watching after that.  Too many demons.  My Haunted House and some of those others freak me out as well.  I’m a lightweight, I guess.

On 4/23/2017 at 5:40 PM, humbleopinion said:

Silent Movie Theater location did not disappoint with EVPs, poltergeist activity, apparitions, psychic mediums, orbs, mapping of spirits plus more.

Zac is back wearing is knit hat like a cone head.

If you have never seen Ghost Adventures, this episode has enough action to hook you to the show.

This one aired last night. I thought it was okay. I have to say though, I"m skeptical about all these gagets they use. The paranormal puck, the camera that maps in figures, that device they type in questions and get a response, etc. For me the only ones I really trust are the good old fashioned digital recorder for EVPs, the mel meter, and the camera. Everything else seems hokey. I don't believe spirits can go into a word database and choose words they want to communicate. How would they even know to do that?

Like sausage...I don't worry about how they make the show...I like to be entertained.

The GAC crew is probably why I still watch... the spirits are a bonus.

Spirits at different locations have figured out how the puck works but again how..I dunno.

Authentic or not, it is my Saturday night go-to show.

Appreciate how you and PBSLover join me in convo on this show.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:18 AM, jewel21 said:

Freak Show Murder House aired tonight. I still can't believe this family thought it would be a good idea to buy a house where a gruesome double murder took place, and then add haunted items to it. It was just frustrating and I felt for the teens.

It was obvious to me the guy was trying to drum up business for his cursed item museum and palm reading shop.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:03 PM, jewel21 said:

This one aired last night. I thought it was okay. I have to say though, I"m skeptical about all these gagets they use. The paranormal puck, the camera that maps in figures, that device they type in questions and get a response, etc. For me the only ones I really trust are the good old fashioned digital recorder for EVPs, the mel meter, and the camera. Everything else seems hokey. I don't believe spirits can go into a word database and choose words they want to communicate. How would they even know to do that?

But they test their inventions so we know they work!

heh

I watched this week's show but didn't pay any attention to it. I need to find something else to watch.

4 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

But they test their inventions so we know they work!

heh

I watched this week's show but didn't pay any attention to it. I need to find something else to watch.

Hah!

No episode this Saturday. Did their last season end with the Silent Movie Theater? I wish they would at least produce more Aftershocks episodes in their downtime.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Try Paranormal Lockdown as an alternative to GA.

The Geobox and GeoPort  are cool investigating tools.

Paranormal Lockdown, that's the show with Nick Goff and Katrina from Paranormal State, right?  I really tried to like that show, but meh--I still have it on my DVR and watch it sometimes.  I think I like GA more just because I like Zak more - I think he's funny.

On 5/7/2017 at 1:06 PM, humbleopinion said:

Amy does suggest how to help the families with their situation.

But some of the families still don't do what she suggests...why they don't is baffling...

But GAC's sincerity, like Paranormal Lockdown is why I am a fan.

I think the reason why people don't follow Amy's suggestion because it's usually like, "get a female Native American Shaman to do a cleansing ritual during the 4th blue moon of May. K? good luck.  Bye." and the people are left like huh???  It's not like these people she suggests are easy to find...If I were on that show, I'd be like "Thanks Amy, can you point me in the direction of a few good 'female Native American Shaman' and give me an approximate date of the 4th full moon in May?"

• Love 1

I like that Amy keeps her ex-husband employed in the cast.

He is the guy who covers the pictures and personal tchotchke to prepare for Amy's walks.

She and Matthew are split yet he is on the show.

Better than paying him alimony, I guess.

• Love 1

I can't do Paranormal Lockdown because Katrina has Paranormal State stink all over her. Plus, there has been some questionable evidence right off the bat with PL that has been plausibly (to me, at least) shown to be faked. Also, I wonder if part of the apparent animosity between Zak and Nick is not just that Nick went behind their backs to produce Ghost Stalkers, but that he used "Lockdown" in his show's name. GA was the first show to really call it that, and Zak may feel like Nick is still trying to ride GA's coattails with that.

Never one to let grass grow under his feet, GA apparently spent something like a month in one place to get evidence, and it will be a multi-part event. Take that Nick, and your three-day investigation!

5 minutes ago, Ananayel said:

I can't do Paranormal Lockdown because Katrina has Paranormal State stink all over her. Plus, there has been some questionable evidence right off the bat with PL that has been plausibly (to me, at least) shown to be faked. Also, I wonder if part of the apparent animosity between Zak and Nick is not just that Nick went behind their backs to produce Ghost Stalkers, but that he used "Lockdown" in his show's name. GA was the first show to really call it that, and Zak may feel like Nick is still trying to ride GA's coattails with that.

Never one to let grass grow under his feet, GA apparently spent something like a month in one place to get evidence, and it will be a multi-part event. Take that Nick, and your three-day investigation!

My husband can't stand Katrina, he thinks she is a total faker.  My favorite show is Dead Files, although I will occasionally watch GA as it was my first of the paranormal shows and I still like the guys even though Zach seems a little douchier now.

7 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

I think the reason why people don't follow Amy's suggestion because it's usually like, "get a female Native American Shaman to do a cleansing ritual during the 4th blue moon of May. K? good luck.  Bye." and the people are left like huh???  It's not like these people she suggests are easy to find...If I were on that show, I'd be like "Thanks Amy, can you point me in the direction of a few good 'female Native American Shaman' and give me an approximate date of the 4th full moon in May?"

From the little I watched the show, I believe the show’s producers help the family find whatever is suggested.  I thought the same thing but found out they actually do help to get what is needed by Amy.  That is why they do the follow-up at the end.

4 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I think part of the problem is boredom with this type of show.

Ha!  Then why are you on this board?

3 hours ago, Ananayel said:

Also, I wonder if part of the apparent animosity between Zak and Nick is not just that Nick went behind their backs to produce Ghost Stalkers, but that he used "Lockdown" in his show's name.

Nick was fired from the show because he told a reporter the show created “ghost noises.” I find Nick way more earnest than Zak, but that is me.

Re: Paranormal Lockdown: did anyone see the first show for their second season? It recapped season 1.  They went back and highlighted some of the evidence they found in season 1 that was maybe not so clear in the dark and on the camera but when put in for enhancement, was crystal clear.  There was a naked faceless body crawling behind Nick and Katrina that was a shadow on the show but when highlighted was fucking creepy as shit and hilarious at the same time. I kept thinking, wouldn’t it have been great if they could have seen him better and all of them turned and watched him and said, “We can see you, you know.”  And then (this is my imagination) it looks at them.  Ha! Right out of a Saturday Night Live skit.

Rob, the cameraman seems like a rational guy so when the slithering blob shook him up when he captured it on his HD viewfinder, it became credible.

Guess I am more lax in my willingness to believe that the spirits are communicating with the investigators.

GA, Paranormal Lock Down, Dead Files and Kindred Spirits are on my TV dance card...that's my limit....

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Nick was fired from the show because he told a reporter the show created “ghost noises.” I find Nick way more earnest than Zak, but that is me.

It was actually Aaron who supposedly did that, but it was a completely fabricated story--i.e., "fake news" (I actually totally believe it is faked (it has to be, ghosts aren't real), but the person who wrote the story had no proof and Aaron never said that).  Nick left on his own terms. 

Edited by notyrmomma
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Rob, the cameraman seems like a rational guy so when the slithering blob shook him up when he captured it on his HD viewfinder, it became credible.

Guess I am more lax in my willingness to believe that the spirits are communicating with the investigators.

GA, Paranormal Lock Down, Dead Files and Kindred Spirits are on my TV dance card...that's my limit....

I like Paranormal Witness, My Haunted House, Dead Files, Kindred Spirits and GA. There was also a short lived show called Ghosts of Shepardstown that I liked with Nick Groff. Also, there used to be a show on Animal Planet that dealt with ghosts and animals picking up on spirits, I really liked it but I think it got cancelled.

• Love 1

Someone on reddit did a pretty good breakdown of these shenanigans. To me, it's clearly a dude in some form of figure-disguising suit, crawling around in the dark. The shot just happened to be perfectly framed so that it could be "clearly" seen behind whoever was speaking in the talking head shot. And it was one of the first episodes, if I'm not mistaken, so since I'm a believer in starting as you intend to go on, I figured they just intended to fake stuff going forward.

Unless either Zak or Nick clearly and specifically addresses Nick's departure, all we can do is try to figure it out based on other snippets of interviews or statements. Nick announced his departure from GA in Nov. 2014. Ghost Stalkers premiered in Oct. 2014, so he had to have been working on it while still technically part of GA - Zak has made some statements that make it seem as though Nick did this without the approval of the rest of the team or the other producers. I think he used the statement "violated his contract." Of course, Zak has 7,439 other projects going on at any given moment, but perhaps he had a different contract as the creator of the show. Maybe the contract was set up like American Idol, where the producers get a cut of everybody's business, and Zak didn't get his cut. Or, maybe Zak's just a douche with a double standard. At any rate, Zak has made it clear that Nick is persona non grata, and he believes Nick is leveraging his GA notoriety on sub-standard ventures. Given that Nick is associating with Katrina, I don't find that an unreasonable position.

4 hours ago, Ananayel said:

The shot just happened to be perfectly framed so that it could be "clearly" seen behind whoever was speaking in the talking head shot. And it was one of the first episodes, if I'm not mistaken, so since I'm a believer in starting as you intend to go on, I figured they just intended to fake stuff going forward.

I want to be believe it was real. Just like I want to believe these shows are authentic.

The recent episode of the guy who was possessed by a demon (and man that guy looked haunted), had the guys yelling about the large black smokey figure that was on the stairs.  They spent a lot of time on it with the cameras on the stairs.  We saw nothing. It was moving and they are yelling, we still saw no evidence of what they were seeing.  Most times on GA, they see something but it is never caught on camera.  I’d like to believe at SOME POINT something is.  That is what I believe we saw on Paranormal Lockdown.

That's one of the reasons I like watching Dead Files.  I want to see if what Amy is seeing is collaborated by Steve's investigation.

With these other shows, while we do at times get to see some evidence (shadows/light anomalies/sounds), we're not there so we can't feel what they're feeling.  Also, I hate when they try to guess what something means, because its really a big overreach most of the times.

For example: If they hear a little girl crying, you then hear a voiceover from Zach.... "is that little girl crying for her mother or the childhood that was cut drastically short."  Something along that lines.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Suspending rational thought and logic is needed sometimes to watch these paranormal shows.

That's why I love watching these ghost shows despite my non-belief in ghosts.  No talk of current events or politics, generally no trashy drama, just pure, absurd, fun, and I love a good scare.  Plus I have a wicked and irrational crush on Zak, so there's that.

• Love 2

I also have a strange warm feeling towards our word-mangling dudebro. I can't hate on anyone too much who supports animal rescue (and has rescued animals himself.) I think he's a dork in bro clothing.

• Love 4