Type keyword(s) to search

Ghost Adventures - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I always wonder if Frank Lloyd Wright put in that secret room or if the doctor added it.

16 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I watched the Back Dahlia episode tonight. That house is super creepy. I hate the outside of it and the inside is no better. It's so dark and oppressive looking, I'm not shocked it might have been the site of a couple of murders.

Whoa! Isn't anyone going to comment on that episode in Reseda, last night?? What a crazy thing! No one could film that "black mass?" Since I'm not at the scene, it's hard for me to understand the situation. It seems like the crew had lost their minds!

• Love 1

Every time they go to the "Indian burial ground" place, I roll my eyes. Every time they get hysterical during the night lockdown over something no one else can see, I roll my eyes some more. I figure it's just their brains fucking with them, because that's what brains do when their meatsacks put them in those situations.

BUT - that EVP was something else, and the geomagnetometer readings were crazy. I can easily put down that most of what people are experiencing is due to the crazy weirdness emanating from the earth at Earthquake Central. Infrasound, EMF disturbances, maybe vibrations that you can't feel on a conscious level but the lizard-brain in us can still detect. The cold spot was interesting as well - but I wanted them to also address the purple blobs on the far right side of the screen. Was that a window or an outside wall?

Zak apparently talked on Facebook about how difficult this was and how it affected them all. It seemed pretty gnarly.

Exhibit A as to why I watch this show (and Ghost Brothers) over all the others : one of the first eps of the season -

Zak: They're all running off after it, but I'm going to stay here. And hide behind this tree. In case it is a bear...or Bigfoot.

Hee!

Just saw The Aftershocks episode about the Brickhouse Saloon in Nevada and the former prison in Missouri. Both pieces made me kind of queasy, not from fear of ghosts, but from seeing people whose lives are falling apart. And who are they looking to for guidance? Not a professional therapist or social worker, but Zak Bagans. A lot of people say that the ghost hunting thing is harmless fun, but not when you see the negative impact it can have on people. It's the same thing with UFOs, especially the "abduction" phenomena.

I'm actually someone who believes that some paranormal phenomena is "real," if even in a way we don't yet (and may never) understand. But there are also a lot of people with severe psychological and emotional issues who are drawn to this stuff, and it can feed into their problems and often make things much worse. Especially out on the fringes, where you get people who believe they're battling demons for the possession of their soul, or have been kidnapped by aliens and are being used in hybrid breeding experiments.

And then there was the psychic, a friend of the Chinese woman in the Brickhouse episode, who offered to "cleanse" Zac of ghosts. Like I said, I'm not a total skeptic on the subject, but when someone says "I'm now going to open a porthole to hell" as casually as you would say you're going to Target, my head starts swimming. Sadly, her young son's suicide was also incorporated into her narrative of demons and angels. Again, this is someone who really might need help.

On a somewhat related topic, I may be late to the ball but I just read this: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/23/ghost-adventures-investigators-dead/72687698/

In the show's opening Zac talks very solemnly about how they've built credibility by surrounding themselves with the best "scientific" experts in the field. Well, if those folks are an example, that doesn't say a lot for the show's credibility. Or Zac's judgement.

Edited by bluepiano

I really liked this episode. I was really surprised when I heard the names of the other victims. Can anyone verify if these, were indeed, actual names of the unfortunate "boarders" at the house? Sometimes I also was surprised to see an entity appeared to be "hiding" in a corner. Small wonder she's still hanging around after all the guilt she must harbor!

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:30 AM, bluepiano said:

Just saw The Aftershocks episode about the Brickhouse Saloon in Nevada and the former prison in Missouri. Both pieces made me kind of queasy, not from fear of ghosts, but from seeing people whose lives are falling apart. And who are they looking to for guidance? Not a professional therapist or social worker, but Zak Bagans.

I'm sure the place being inhabited by skid row drug abusers has a lot more to do with people dieing there than ghosts.

I'm not sure if them calling the old woman who poisoned her boarders for their Social Security money a "serial killer" is accurate.

Who here has seen the "Dorothea Puente Murder House" episode? They got some pretty good evidence in it. There was some pretty crystal clear voices they got, particularly when they got the voice that said the name "Jenny". I had my head turned when it was first said, and I clearly heard that name before I even seen it on screen.

Jesus Christ.  Did anyone watch yesterday/last night’s airing of the demon that was possessing the drug addict (former drug addict) as well as his home? The boys took on more than they could handle with this one. I could barely watch, muting it several times as it was fucking with all of them.  When one of the guys shouted, “He’s in here!” The voice comes over the ovulus meter saying, “Come in here.”  

Jesus Christ.

You know what, Aaron's kind of a dick.  I always thought he was a nice guy until the revisit episode with the psychic from the Riddle House in West Palm Beach, FL.  He didn't want the crystal (or whatever it was) from the psychic because he didn't trust the object's energy but he will knowingly take fully haunted objects with bad mojo?  I can't decide, is he a moron or a glutton for punishment?  Although I really don't believe in ghosts, I really do believe objects hold people's energy (I struggle with walking through a thrift store as I find the energy overwhelming), but he throws away a crystal that was a gift from a seemingly nice person?  What a dick.

• Love 2

Yeah, that episode turned me off of Aaron as well. I thought he was being a dick with her during that whole exchange. Especially when he said he was getting mad or whatever. Shut up, Aaron. And get yourself blessed.

• Love 2
On 11/29/2016 at 5:34 PM, notyrmomma said:

You know what, Aaron's kind of a dick.  I always thought he was a nice guy until the revisit episode with the psychic from the Riddle House in West Palm Beach, FL.  He didn't want the crystal (or whatever it was) from the psychic because he didn't trust the object's energy but he will knowingly take fully haunted objects with bad mojo?  I can't decide, is he a moron or a glutton for punishment?  Although I really don't believe in ghosts, I really do believe objects hold people's energy (I struggle with walking through a thrift store as I find the energy overwhelming), but he throws away a crystal that was a gift from a seemingly nice person?  What a dick.

That is where I got the “dark” from.  His family is breaking up, he doesn’t protect himself from what he encounters.  Not good.  The team should do an intervention.

• Love 2

And he's got really creepy, dark paintings in his house. It's like in the beginning he was scared all the time and since then he's just gotten drawn into the darkness he encounters on a regular basis. In a really unhealthy way. It's taken over him. Heck, even Zac gets himself blessed on a regular basis to avoid getting sucked into all that negativity they surround themselves with. When Zac is the rational one of the two, you know you're in trouble.

• Love 2

Just watched Sharon Tate Murder episode.  Nick’s body is getting taken over by something and he is begging Zak to come and get him (yes, his legs still work so he could have left) and Zak is sitting in the car/nerve center and just watching, telling him he is coming but not moving.  This show is so weird.

Oh, Zak. This silly museum. It's been forever and it's not open yet. Maybe its fate is the same as the Demon House film that was supposed to be out a year ago. And he seriously needs to shave that pitiful stuff off his face and lose those fake glasses. It's embarrassing.

• Love 1

I just watched the episode in the DeSoto Hotel, please lordt Jesus never take this show away from me. Zak Bagans et all give me such joy. And for once they actually capture something move that was bigger than a very tiny rock. But the angry ceiling fan wasn't the best part though, the best part is one of his cohorts claimed they saw a ghost "enter" Zak, and he promptly ran very far away despite Zak's confusion and protestations. I mean hypothetically let's say this all real, finally someone responds like I would: BOY BYE.  Comedy gold. Sadly there was no "debunking" his inability to under stand what that word actually means will never stop being funny to me. 

On 8/23/2016 at 4:23 PM, bluepiano said:

On another note, I just read that lawyers in some states are seriously discussing making disclosure of ghostly activity a requirement when selling a house, as sellers now have to do with, for example, a leaky basement. And if the new owners claim a house is haunted when there hasn't been disclosure, they could bring suit to rescind the sale.

I can just imagine a judge voiding a million dollar real estate transaction on the kind of "evidence" that Ghost Adventures presents, like garbled EVPs,  spirit box recordings, and videos of streaking "energy orbs." Not to mention testimony that "I felt an evil presence," or "suddenly my whole body went numb." (felt cold, felt hot, started tingling etc.)

I know I'm late to this, but other than the obvious problems with this, the other problem I see is that supernatural activity doesn't happen for every family - or, if it does, it may not be noticed by most in the household. Here's a perfect example: My wife is the oldest of 5 children. The house she grew up in was haunted by two ghosts, one that kept mostly to itself in the basement far from the stairs and would only make you feel uncomfortable/threatened if you invaded its space, while the other one freely roamed the entire rest of the house. Her family always had dogs, cats, and a rotating menagerie of other animals that you could more or less consider to be "pets" (ferrets, spiders, scorpions, guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, etc). My wife and her two sisters (children #2 and #5) were aware of and experienced the hauntings, and acknowledged the truth of what was going on. Their brothers did not experience anything (that they recall) and to this day do not acknowledge the house is haunted. Their parents experienced things from time to time, but didn't give it a lot of thought or acknowledge the fact the house is haunted. (Her mother experienced things while preparing the house for sale and, since that time, has acknowledged that the house is haunted.) Their father in particular dismissed all talk and possibility of the house being haunted. In fact, much of what occurred while the entire family was living there could be easily dismissed or completely escaped notice, not to mention the fact that the number of incidences was considerably lower with 7 people in the house than with 3 people in the house. (While the house was on the market, only my wife, her oldest sister, and her sister's husband lived in the house and it was at this time that I started dating my wife.)

So, if this had been a law at the time my parents-in-law sold that house, how would they have been able to be held responsible for failing to disclose the house being haunted? There was never anything that happened to my father-in-law that couldn't be explained away. My mother-in-law only had a few days' worth of experiences and nothing really overt (a tape her in stereo system was removed and a different one was put in - while the player was paused - and she heard some footsteps). So, she didn't have enough personal experience to present as evidence. And only three of the five children had experiences that they understood were supernatural in origin.

And what about people who simply never have anything happen to them? The family that bought and moved into my wife's childhood home never had anything happen to them, and the house has since been foreclosed and re-sold. So, that family would have been truthful in saying "The house isn't haunted" even if the next owners experienced lots of things.

Edited to add: If you want details on things that my wife, her sisters, her mother, her aunts, and I experienced in the home, PM me.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 3

Classic poltergeist activity is attached to a person (usually a young girl), so if that if the person moved to another house the activity would go with them. (Supernatural writer/researcher Colin Wilson documented a number of cases like that).

So that would be another legal wrinkle. If it was poltergeist activity, would you need to disclose it, since it may not have anything to do with the physical location? Unlike your classic ghost, who is tied to the physical location.

Of course this is assuming that these phenomena are real. My personal view is that, like with UFOs and aliens, well over 90% of the reported cases have a conventional explanation, or are hoaxes. But there's a small number of cases that can't be explained and may be evidence of genuine supernatural activity.

By the way, has anyone seen the show "Ghost Asylum," which features a bunch of bubbas whose accents are so thick I can barely understand them. I don't want to insult southerners, but these guys make Zach and his team look like serious scientists.

The Nick Kroll Show on Comedy Central did a very funny take-off on all the ghost-hunting shows. Their fictitious show was called "Ghost Bouncers." Which is actually a great name.

Edited by bluepiano

So this is Zak's next project. It's a bit of a move away from ghosts, and that's probably for the best, since GA can't go on forever. It's already gone on longer than I thought it could. Still no definite info on the Demon House doc (someone on Reddit wondered if the delay is because they have to edit Nick out, but I don't remembe when he left in relation to filming that,) the museum opening (allegedely soon). He's also mentioned another book. Busy dude! Too busy to shave!

Watched the episode about the orphanage. That ex-matron who came on and talked about flushing a kid's head in the toilet for sighing and then laughing gleefully about it made me want to stab her. Stupid, bitch. I don't know how Zak managed to keep his cool.

I guess their "extra pulses" are now reruns with social media popups. Last night was the one in which the remote camera caught a chair tipping over.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, bluepiano said:

By the way, has anyone seen the show "Ghost Asylum," which features a bunch of bubbas whose accents are so thick I can barely understand them. I don't want to insult southerners, but these guys make Zach and his team look like serious scientists.

I saw this one advertised on Destination America called something like "Spook Homies" and featured black guys doing the investigation, which for some reason reminds me of an old racist stereotype.

Not to mention whatever the hell was on top of Zak's head, and I'm not talking about the hair this time.

Aaron was visited by the Ass Crack Bandit </Community>

The activity was extraordinary - I ordinarily am not really impressed by moving doors in old houses, but those doors moved decisively. However, that woman was super weird, and since she makes money off this house, I have a nagging skeptic in the back of my head. I keep remembering that restaurant in California that put out stories of the ghost in the ladies' room, and then sounds were piped in and they did something screwy with the mirror so people would have experiences and then talk about them. I don't see how all of it could be rigged though, and she surely couldn't have predicted that tent thing they did.

Zak was wearing the knit cap like he was a SNL Conehead.

Yes, there was more going on with the lady and her murder/mystery evenings but Zak didn't want to muddy the waters and just focus on his agenda.

She'll be on a future Aftershock show...of course.

And her Inn and show will be booked solid.

Michelle the housekeeper had the more compelling segment...she was totally believable.

What a trooper...wonder if she still sleeps in the attic anymore.

Aaron had another neat little moment. Zak is notorious for sending Aaron into scary places and then unexpectedly locking him in, making Aaron very unhappy. This time when he went where he was sent, just before he went through the door he held up the key to it and said something like "I'm keeping this" with a sly little wink. Gotcha, Bagins.

I now fear for Billy or Jay when they are sent down to a  pitch black basement.

They stumble and get hurt in the dark or they lose time.

Billy came out unscathed in this episode.

Jay was safe at nerve center except when the spirit box turned on and he jumped.

On 3/25/2017 at 11:26 PM, humbleopinion said:

New episode "Stone Lion Inn" was a doozy.

Poltergeist activity, Class 1 EVPs, light orb, audible footsteps.

Aaron's plumber's crack...you'll understand once you watch the episode.

Yeah, it was a great episode. This is some of best evidence they've ever gotten in an episode.

• Love 1
(edited)

I’m watching a new episode, “Freak Show Murder House” and it is just pissing me off.  Why the fuck would a parent buy a house where a notorious murder took place, move your haunted object museum in and then have your family live there?  His kids, a teenage girl and boy, as well as his wife are all having terrifying nightmares.

The father is clearly loving it all. Selfish prick.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 3

In Freak Show episode, the Dad wants free publicity for the Palm Reading biz, his oddity selling biz and their house which he will now open for paranormal investigations...for a hefty fee.

The Dad is messing with the psyches of his family and it is disturbing.

That ugly doll was the topper...it needs to be in Zak's collection.

The De Soto poltergeist activity and the Stone Hill episode door slamming is hard to debunk so I'm going with believing it...

• Love 2

They aired the episode with the bridge tonight. The one where's Jay's wife gets affected and later leaves the show. That was some pretty crazy activity. Zak strangling himself, Aaron getting tossed 20 feet back, everyone losing their shit. I found it highly entertaining.

• Love 1

Samaritan Cult House was a weird episode with the history of the cult, the founder, her husbands and murdered children.

Into the bizarre mix, add the ZOZO Demon guy from a past episode.

He and Zak do the Ouija board to no results.

The planchette flies when Jay joins the dude on the Ouija board spelling out what's ailing Jay's brother.

• Love 1

I wonder if all the crispy hair gel over the years is causing it to fall out, and he's hiding his bald patch under the drab melted crayon-looking hat.

I can't even believe they brought that Zozo guy back. Along with Keith from Seattle and David Oman, he's one of the individuals I completely believe is a giant faker. And now the doofus who wore the 666 necklace to a seance is on my radar too.

I will say Zak's continuing battle with pronunciation keeps me entertained. Sometimes, he get it right in the moment of shooting, then garbles it during voiceover. Sometimes vice versa. And sometimes we get "Figgeyora?"

• Love 3

Something fishy is going on under that knit hat.

Will see if he wears it in tomorrow's new episode in New Mexico.

Add to the Bogus Pile is that Seattle couple with the trashed house but no captured evidence when the GAC investigated.

Zak is hatless but his hair looks odd.

The poltergeist activity, EVPs and shadow person liven up the episode at the Double Eagle Restaurant.

Made Billy and Zak giddy with the amount of evidence they experienced.

Not much goings on at the Old Dona Ana County Courthouse but like when Aaron and and Jay investigate together.