Type keyword(s) to search

Ghost Adventures - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 5/17/2023 at 2:58 PM, Natalie68 said:

I loved Holzer Files!  Bummed it was canceled.  The only ghost show I don't like is Ghost Adventures and that seems to be the only one staying.  The reason I do not like GA's is Zach!  He is a douchebag.

Holzer Files was head and shoulders above pretty much all of them, in my opinion. I rewatched a marathon last week, and it reminded me of how good it really was. I was upset when it was canceled...there seemed like there were so many stories left to tell in those files. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

"Lake of Death".  Zak and the crew comb the receding shores of Nevada's Lake Mead for clues about its deadly past. As the reservoir dries out at a rapid pace, dark secrets are rising to the surface. Is a curse behind the tortured energy emanating from the brilliant waters?

Pretty dull, save for the Scooby Douche Juniors part, who screamed even louder and sillier than Zak.

• LOL 1

They started airing Ghost Adventures house calls. I caught the first episode and found it underwhelming. Also, why is Zac not onsite with the rest of his crew? And I have no idea who the blonde is, they never aired the episode she was in in Canada. 

(edited)
On 5/18/2023 at 3:01 AM, Gharlane said:

Is that where it started? I'll call him "Dildo Baggins" on occasion.

I used to watch this every week. I think I got tired of the shenanigans (like taunting a ghost and screaming like a little girl whenever there was an unexpected sound) and becoming an amateur exorcist.

It all comes off as so fake, and has for a loooong time now.

Bagans especially seems like a huge fraud.  Everyone - even the guests - are always so "Oh Zak, you're so 'in tune' with the paranormal and you channel it so awesomely!"  Puuuh-leeze!  How hard it is to put on an act of 'zoning out' or suddenly get so angry you either need to leave the room/building for a bit or punch an inanimate object or fake a rush at one of your team?

The rest of his team are almost as big as frauds as him too.  They also fake 'overcome with dark energy' moments really badly as well. 

Also have been way over the never ending "SHOW YOURSELF!/PROVE YOU'RE HERE!" macho call-outs and then losing their heads like little girls when the entities do just that.  Been over that for sooo many years.

Used to be kinda enjoyable to watch the earlier seasons, but for the past decade +, its turned into an avoid-as-much-as-possible chore to even want to turn it on.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Applause 3

I'm starting to wonder if Zak is just over it, and just trying to complete his contract. He's already decided he's not flying anymore, doesn't seem to want to travel, I think he just wants to stay in Vegas and run his museum. He can act as a producer remotely, so he can lend his name and "expertise" to other shows that have hands-on teams, he can write another book. The early episodes where he was a somewhat awkward dork were quite good, now it's just tiresome.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 6/22/2023 at 10:19 PM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Watched thge last couple of shows and find this series ridiculous & fake as shit. What a bunch of assclowns,lol.  Pass on this fakery .

And yet they kept this show and cancelled Holtzer Files, Kindred Spirits, Destination Fear, Portals to Hell; all better shows

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

And yet they kept this show and cancelled Holtzer Files, Kindred Spirits, Destination Fear, Portals to Hell; all better shows

And Ghost Brothers. Love those guys. They seem to have kept Dead Files though. 

Watching the early episodes of GA is like watching a whole different show. I mostly watch now out of habit and for mockery.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 6/7/2023 at 7:49 AM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

It all comes off as so fake, and has for a loooong time now.

Bagans especially seems like a huge fraud.  Everyone - even the guests - are always so "Oh Zak, you're so 'in tune' with the paranormal and you channel it so awesomely!"  Puuuh-leeze!  How hard it is to put on an act of 'zoning out' or suddenly get so angry you either need to leave the room/building for a bit or punch an inanimate object or fake a rush at one of your team?

The rest of his team are almost as big as frauds as him too.  They also fake 'overcome with dark energy' moments really badly as well. 

Also have been way over the never ending "SHOW YOURSELF!/PROVE YOU'RE HERE!" macho call-outs and then losing their heads like little girls when the entities do just that.  Been over that for sooo many years.

Used to be kinda enjoyable to watch the earlier seasons, but for the past decade +, its turned into an avoid-as-much-as-possible chore to even want to turn it on.

You know what makes me groan are the sudden cold snaps and the screams that follow. 'Aaron feel this!', 'Feel this Billy!!' sooooo cold. Lolol

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Whatever happened to that threatened expose of Zack Baggins that I was kept hearing about half a year ago, I think? I was watching YouTube vids about this show and noticed a lot of related clips in which they threatened or promised to expose him but AFAIK, I never heard anything happening. 🤔

I noticed they were playing several eps on Discovery Channel last night, including new "Screaming Room" eps. I began to watch one about Skinwalker Ranch and I don't remember it, but them social distancing in the theater made me suspicious. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2024 marks my 10th year of watching Ghost Adventures. Yeah, when I started, Nick was just leaving the show. He had like three or four episodes left.

Though, I haven't watched the show much in like the past three years. The show just isn't as good as it used to be. Even though I was just getting into the show at that point, it seems that Nick leaving was the beginning of the end for the show. I miss the days when they didn't have a full camera crew, they actually traveled outside the states that surround Nevada, and all that stuff. Now, it's just another ghost show. It felt more unique before.

• Like 1