Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OSM Mom

Ghost Adventures

Zak confirmed on Twitter that + is the "new home" for GA. I went to their Twitter page to let my feelings on this be known, but looks like I might not have to. There are tons of technical difficulties, people griping about canceling before their free trial is even up, and every response is a cut and paste bot, no matter what the incoming tweet says. In a bit I may tweet them and ask, if all new content is exclusive to +, how the content creators really feel about losing so many viewers, and what do they plan to air on the actual channels that come to everyone that has cable or satellite. I don't think they thought this through, I think they saw a bandwagon and ran for it. I did notice that TRVL is almost never included in the six or so channels that are listed to entice us, either on the commercials on their Twitter.

• Useful 3

I wonder what that means, if anything, so those of us outside the U.S. who get the shows later and on a different network? 

• Like 1

Yeah, "Paranormal Caught on Camera" is another favorite show of mine, and it too is moving exclusively to D+ (Along with "Kindred Spirits" and "Ghost Nation", too). I'm getting tired of all the good shows moving there, and getting stuck with dreck shows on the cable channels. 

Edited by scarletine
  • Sad 4

I think I am going to tweet them. I already pay for their channels via an additional cable package above "basic." I'm not paying again. 

• Like 4

I find all the streaming exclusives to be ridiculous. What is going to be left for those of us who pay for the regular cable channels? I feel like my satellite bill is already too much. I’m not paying for streaming services too. 

• Like 5

On 1/11/2021 at 8:49 PM, Ananayel said:

Zak confirmed on Twitter that + is the "new home" for GA. 

Crap!  Does this mean it's no longer on the Travel Channel at all? I just realized it's been a couple weeks since I've seen anything there and thought it was a temporary thing and  the new ones on D+ would eventually be shown here. 

Edited by Ubiquit0us

20 hours ago, Ubiquit0us said:

Crap!  Does this mean it's no longer on the Travel Channel at all? I just realized it's been a couple weeks since I've seen anything there and thought it was a temporary thing and  the new ones on D+ would eventually be shown here. 

I've seen some random reruns here and there, and they are also only showing reruns of Mountain Monsters and Expedition Bigfoot, so I guess they have a "new home" as well. At least they let us see the premieres of those before shunting them off to streaming land. It's only been not even three weeks since + started, so things may change as far as airing them on the actual network at some point. I can't imagine Zak is pleased to have his potential audience (anyone whose cable or satellite package includes that range of channels, which has to be most of the country) get shrunk down to only the people who are willing to pay for this nonsense (minus, of course, the people who are only doing so for the "90 Day Universe" or the cooking/home shows.) I would be very interested to see what the rate of cancellation at the end of the free trial is. Or, how many people are signing up only to binge something and will cancel when done.

• Useful 1

So, Dtour, the Canadian station that airs Ghost Adventures, aired three new episodes and now apparently we've stopped again. The one that aired the other night was the El Rancho Hotel/Motel. The head poking out of the room was pretty cool. 

However, it looks like next week we're getting the first of the Screaming Room episodes!!! It's apparently the one of the Titanic museum. I'm glad to hear we're finally getting to view some of these. It's about damn time, heh. 

• Like 1

GA was a one hour commercial for Zak's Haunted Museum (a fantastic museum, BTW). That free advertising has been gutted by being a Discovery+ exclusive. These shows and personalities are very replaceable. Out of sight, out of mind. And I felt a very good point was made by one of the critics of the service. Many of these shows are like background music. It might be on, but you're not paying close attention to it.

• Like 2

Zak talks to Mental Floss. He claims he is pleased about going to +, since it allows them to push boundaries. If he wants to buy me a new tv to replace my 30 year old one that works fine, a new computer to replace my 13 year old one, a new modem and router so I can get wifi, pay the extra wifi charge to Spectrum, and pay the D+ fee, then I'll get it. I'm sure he had no choice in the matter of switching, so he's spinning. Rumors are swirling that the parent company wants to shut down several of this mass of channels, and Travel is one of them. Possibly it all started when Josh Gates' shows went to Discovery, He and Zak were the two mainstays of TRVL for a while. On the other hand, Logo is still around, and rumors have been swirling around that ever since RuPaul's Drag Race went to VH-1.

• Like 1

The Travel Channel could also merely be rebranding. Recently, Bizarre Food and Hotel Impossible have aired again on it. It's the first time they had any shows on there that didn't have anything to do with the paranormal or mysteries since 2018, when the last rebrand happened

It seems like the only shows still having new episodes on it are World's Most Unexplained and Paranormal Declassified.

• Like 1

Sorry...technical difficulties 

On 1/29/2021 at 6:20 PM, Lili said:

The Travel Channel could also merely be rebranding. Recently, Bizarre Food and Hotel Impossible have aired again on it. It's the first time they had any shows on there that didn't have anything to do with the paranormal or mysteries since 2018, when the last rebrand happened

It seems like the only shows still having new episodes on it are World's Most Unexplained and Paranormal Declassified.

Well the idiots lost a lot of hours of fan tv.  That was my channel.  I stuck through those anthology series shows My Haunted Whatever,  so i could watch with glee my fav shows, GAC, Kindred Spirits, Ghost Nation, anything with Josh Gates and a few others i forget.  I wonder if their stock plummeted, or the ratings or viewership or whatever they keep track of.

Edited by ForumLou · Reason: Tech issues
  • Like 1

I don't know why I'm posting duplicates for some reason.

On 1/22/2021 at 8:59 AM, Ananayel said:

I've seen some random reruns here and there, and they are also only showing reruns of Mountain Monsters and Expedition Bigfoot, so I guess they have a "new home" as well. At least they let us see the premieres of those before shunting them off to streaming land. It's only been not even three weeks since + started, so things may change as far as airing them on the actual network at some point. I can't imagine Zak is pleased to have his potential audience (anyone whose cable or satellite package includes that range of channels, which has to be most of the country) get shrunk down to only the people who are willing to pay for this nonsense (minus, of course, the people who are only doing so for the "90 Day Universe" or the cooking/home shows.) I would be very interested to see what the rate of cancellation at the end of the free trial is. Or, how many people are signing up only to binge something and will cancel when done.

If someone were business savvy, they would put together a conglomerate of prominent, professional peeps of the paranormal world, and start their own network.  That would be awesome.

Edited by ForumLou · Reason: Tech issues
  • Useful 2

I guess I can only watch this show on D+. I've seen no sign of it on Travel Channel for a month.

• Sad 1

Been watching the + episodes on youtube but with alterations to the video and the quality of the original showing on the pay + channel.

You have to catch the download gift and before it is removed.

Saw the Joshua Tree Inn episode.

But you can get enough to feed your need for the GAC....

• Useful 1

Watched the Grist Mill and the Steam Ferry Berkeley episodes.

What is most notable is Zac is looking wane...pale and thinner in his black hoodies.

The shows are meh....

• Useful 1

On 5/2/2021 at 8:52 AM, humbleopinion said:

Watched the Grist Mill and the Steam Ferry Berkeley episodes.

What is most notable is Zac is looking wane...pale and thinner in his black hoodies.

The shows are meh....

I'm not thrilled with the D+ quality of things.  I can't get thru an ep of GA without it being dropped at least twice.  Those are actual drops, then theres also the reboot drop where it goes to the blue acreen and thru the bootup process.  I get at least 2 of those.  Its just nasty.

• Like 1

New series for Zak. Of course only on D+ Bastids. I did read an article I think on Andy Dehnart's site, about how some of the D+ "exclusive" series are slowly migrating back to cable/satellite, thereby angering the people who paid thinking they were getting exclusives. I have seen what I swear are new Holzer Files, and PCoC that I haven't seen before, there was just no fanfare about them coming back. Now if they could just bring back my Ghost Brothers and GA, I'd  be fine. And with the new announcement of ATT merging with Discovery, I don't even know what will happen. I know I probably won't like it though!