Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OSM Mom

Ghost Adventures

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I don't get these Screaming Room episodes in Canada. Last night the aired the episode about the Tiki Bar in Vegas with the shrunken heads. 

I think that one was made into a Screaming Room ep. It's fun to watch them talk about the ep but not so much when it becomes a TMI moment (I think Scoobie Douche confessed that the mummy feet turned him on). 

Edited by Ubiquit0us
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Ubiquit0us said:

I think that one was made into a Screaming Room ep. It's fun to watch them talk about the ep but not so much when it becomes a TMI moment (I think Scoobie Douche confessed that the mummy feet turned him on). 

Oh, ewwww, Zac! Like really?!

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/5/2020 at 9:22 AM, Ubiquitous said:

Last night's Screaming Room featured "Tinseltown Terror", in which Zak and the guys went to Hollywood in search for celebrity spirits at the Hollywood sign, the Legionnaires building, and a merry-go-round somewhere. I'm enjoying them watching and commenting on previous shows a lot more than their new ones. Oh yeah, we also learned that Zak loves stale popcorn and used to be a smoker.
 

I'm just reading some past posts and wondering what the hell i was watching because i don't remember any of these.

Share this post


Link to post

On last week's Screaming Room, Zak and crew watched their investigation of The Sallie House, where they witnessed scratches, dark forces, and moving toys, with even more extreme social distancing (done via Zoom or Skype session from each of their homes)! Jay hinted he wasn't wearing pants and Zak showed us his foot after it was bitten.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 11:48 PM, ForumLou said:

I'm just reading some past posts and wondering what the hell i was watching because i don't remember any of these.

Me too, but I stopped watching for awhile,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On last night's Screaming Room, Zak and the crew watched their investigation of the Westerfeld house, where famed Satanist Anton LaFay(?) and others used to live and cast rituals and who knows what else. Since it wasn't really about ghosts and was more about "feeling the evil energy" there, I quickly lost interest and moved on. Once again, they practiced extreme social distancing and held a Skype session from their homes. At least this time, Jay was wearing pants! Well, I hope he was...

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I was only slightly watching, but I did notice the weird setup (since it wasn't that way before.) Did they film a bunch of Screaming Rooms before Covid and are just airing them now? I know they used masks and all the procedures when they shot the four museum episodes, but I thought they shot the new (prior to two weeks ago) ones after lockdown. I would think that if they have all been tested and work closely together, they would be considered a "pod." 

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Ananayel said:

I was only slightly watching, but I did notice the weird setup (since it wasn't that way before.) Did they film a bunch of Screaming Rooms before Covid and are just airing them now? I know they used masks and all the procedures when they shot the four museum episodes, but I thought they shot the new (prior to two weeks ago) ones after lockdown. I would think that if they have all been tested and work closely together, they would be considered a "pod." 

I've been scratching my head over that as well. They started off within arm's distance in his theater (at his house?), then they acknowledged the epidemic and were practically seated in the corners of the room, and now they're using Skype from their homes. Maybe Zak realized Skype would allow them to have guests, because in the beginning of this ep, they spoke with some crazy old man who used to live in the Westerfeld House and may have participated in the Satanic rituals there, judging by what he had to say.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On last week's Screaming Room, Zak and the crew watched their investigation of the Pythias Castle. It wasn't particularly interesting.

 

Edited by Ubiquit0us
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

On last night's Screaming Room, Zak and crew watched their investigation of the Domes in Casa Grande, Arizona, a set of abandoned buildings allegedly used for Satanic rituals. I found it interesting that the buildings were in such bad repair that they had to be given a "safety tour" and sign liability waivers in case a chunk of the roof fell on them and that the domes have all since collapsed since their investigation in 2016. At some point, there were technical difficulties when they played the part where Aaron read a Jesus prayer card. Was it caused by... SATAN?!?!? 😁

Edited by Ubiquit0us
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

On last night's Screaming Room, Zak and crew watched their investigation of the San Haven Sanatorium from the comfort of their homes. Zak brings up the fact that they haven't investigated a sanatorium in a long time and this might be the last one they did.
 

Share this post


Link to post

On last night's Screaming Room, Zak and crew watched their investigation of a large stone cross in Kay's Hollow that is said to be a dark magnet for evil. That was spooky, plus we got to see some possession shenanigans.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

In Canada, we finally got to see the episode where they boys go investigate an olive oil farm. Man, Billy can shriek like a little girl, lol. I thought someone was being murdered and he was freaking out because he heard a loud noise. Geez. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

19 hours ago, jewel21 said:

In Canada, we finally got to see the episode where they boys go investigate an olive oil farm. Man, Billy can shriek like a little girl, lol. I thought someone was being murdered and he was freaking out because he heard a loud noise. Geez. 

You must be a new viewer of this show! 😂

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ubiquit0us said:

You must be a new viewer of this show! 😂

Hahaha. I know Billy is a screamer, but I never heard that pitch come out of him before, lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It appears there are no more new Screaming Room eps, as this week, they investigate some place called Joe Exotic's Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park. 🤔 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I just watched the episode where they are in Utah and captured a weird/creepy face in a mirror they believe to be a hag. It looked like something out of a horror movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Ubiquit0us said:

It appears there are no more new Screaming Room eps, as this week, they investigate some place called Joe Exotic's Greater Wynnewood Exotic Animal Park. 🤔 

 

Looks like this was their Halloween special. I only watched the second hour. but Aaron going into a place thinking it was empty but it wasn't, and then freaking out entirely when the guy sleeping under the tiger bedspread moved and he thought it was an actual tiger was classic Aaron.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/30/2020 at 7:28 AM, Ananayel said:

Looks like this was their Halloween special. I only watched the second hour. but Aaron going into a place thinking it was empty but it wasn't, and then freaking out entirely when the guy sleeping under the tiger bedspread moved and he thought it was an actual tiger was classic Aaron.

Haha yeah that was pretty funny.  And then he went on with the investigation!  Go Aaron!  Man on a mission there haha. I thought it was a pretty good ep.  Watched it last nignt but want to rewatch it.  Had a lot of comical moments but trippy ones as well.  I bet Lewis is one of those remains, in the truck or under the alligator pond.  So what is Joe in prison for?  I think murder but of who? Gosh so much death around that place.  Lewis, Travis, couple other unnamed workers that were affected. Joe's  murder.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Joe Exotic is in prison for his murder for hire plot to kill Carole Baskin, the owner of a private animal sanctuary in Florida, Big Cat Rescue. Joe was obsessed with his hate for her.  Alan, the bald guy featured on this episode was the guy he promised to pay $5k up front to go kill her, and $5k after the deed was done.  Joe could only come up with $3k, so Alan took it and disappeared for awhile, but never went to kill Carole.  

Joe is also in prison for crimes involving his animals, but I'm not clear on what.  I think part of it is that he illegally sold exotic animals.  I'm not sure if he was criminally charged for killing tigers after they'd aged out of the cub petting window, or if that was just a civil lawsuit. 

My favorite twisted scene in this whole episode was the horse peeing in the living room of Joe's home.  Ugh! Seeing some of the Tiger King people again was much more interesting to me than the ghostly stuff.  Joe's possessions strewn about were more haunting.

I'm surprised that Zac didn't ask about the hot nanny. I can't believe he actually picked up the penis pump.  I laughed so hard when Eric said he might want to burn his clothes. 

Who actually writes their name on the brim of their hat in Sharpie?  That seemed a bit too convenient. 

Edited by Cowgirl
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

 

Ghost Train of Ely. 

Zak and the crew hop aboard a 100-year-old steam engine for a lockdown they will never forget.

 

That was fun and different, and it involved GHOSTS!

However, I am pretty sure Mud the cat was responsible for a lot of what they found.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

"El Rancho Hotel".

The crew investigates a New Mexico hotel where paranormal activity has caused employees to quit. The guys suspect the dark wave of supernatural energy was unleashed after a demonic ritual was conducted on the property.

There's something about this place that seems familiar... Anyhow, it was a productive investigation, although one of the demonic growlings may have been Jay farting. 

Edited by Ubiquit0us · Reason: Formatting
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Scooby Douche investigated the "Swastika Inn" in New Mexico. I'm not sure if the place was haunted by Nazis or had resident demons. To make a long story short, (too late!) His description of the spirit attacks was a classic case of sleep paralysis, except it wasn't space aliens. Oh yeah, Jay farted again.

Edited by Ubiquit0us

Share this post


Link to post

Ghost Train of Ely was one of the best episodes in a while. Investigating on a train is something you don't see often in these ghost hunting shows. It was a great way to start the new season. It was also better than the Joe Exotic episode, which I found a little lackluster, compared to past Halloween specials. In fact, I already forgot most of what happened in that episode. Even the four-part Quarantine special earlier this year was better.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

Zak has dropped weight and must be cutting back on his ‘Roid supplements.
Another 10 pounds he will begin to look sickly....

That was a repackaged rerun of two old eps as a new one last night. 

Nick's been gone from the show for several years.

 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Jay Wasley had better manners when he was married to Ashley....he held his farts In until the director said “cut.”

Now his sphincter has no on/off switch...

Where is Bill Chapel and his gadgets?

Bill and Billy segments are favorites.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/4/2020 at 6:50 AM, Ubiquit0us said:

That was a repackaged rerun of two old eps as a new one last night. 

Nick's been gone from the show for several years.

 

Nick has been gone from the show for so long that it feels weird watching an episode with him now, especially since he was Zak's second in command.

Nick's last episode would have been the time they went to Ireland, which was one of the show's best specials, so at least he left on a good note.

Share this post


Link to post

They played another repackaged rerun of two old eps as a new one last night, one of which was the investigation of the Bird Cage in Tombstone, Arizona by the original three. Zak was downright cute. 😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

He was cute, in a dorky sort of way.

I am confused about what the Cecil House special being on the new D+ means. Does it mean it goes there first, but airs on TRVL later that week? I know they want to draw people into this new service, but come on. What will happen to all the shows on these networks that are On Demand through your TV provider? I would actually want to see this one, but I don't have a smart tv or extra money right now, so there's no way I'm coughing up for anything extra when it should just be on my normal channel in a normal fashion.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 12/11/2020 at 10:22 AM, Ananayel said:

He was cute, in a dorky sort of way.

I am confused about what the Cecil House special being on the new D+ means. Does it mean it goes there first, but airs on TRVL later that week? I know they want to draw people into this new service, but come on. What will happen to all the shows on these networks that are On Demand through your TV provider? I would actually want to see this one, but I don't have a smart tv or extra money right now, so there's no way I'm coughing up for anything extra when it should just be on my normal channel in a normal fashion.  

I'm out of the loop.  What's Cecil House?  They're pushing him out like a PPV event?  I pay my frickn cable company, aint that enough? And trust me that would get a couple bouts lol friggin expensive.  I dont like this turn of events.  Soon there will  be ppv for everything streaming  TPN the Paranormal Network.  With talk shows, game shows yada yada.

Back to Cecil House?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

i was watching a repeat of Mount Wilson's Ranch, not a bad ep, but i had forgotten about my favorite Dakota moment ever.  Picture it:  Aaron and Dakota were investigating an abandoned house.  Both kinda filming each out but pointed down as they talk strategy.  All of a sudden the door behind Dakota started opening on its own. He didnt look anywhere twice BAM he was on the floor out of the shot, and luckily Aaron was in the right place at the right time and nailed it.  It just makes me chuckle, Dakota's reaction. But he did everything right, he was just so dam fast, thats what makes me laugh.  Like hes attached to some stunt rigger to propel him backwards, or possessed LOL. You Rock Dakota, love DF. 😁

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Cecil House? 🤔

On 12/4/2020 at 6:56 AM, humbleopinion said:

Jay Wasley had better manners when he was married to Ashley....he held his farts In until the director said “cut.”

Now his sphincter has no on/off switch...

Jay used to be married? I must have missed that!

 

On 12/5/2020 at 3:56 PM, Lili said:

Nick has been gone from the show for so long that it feels weird watching an episode with him now, especially since he was Zak's second in command.

Didn't it turn out that the guys who replaced Nick were already on the crew, but behind the scenes? 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Ubiquit0us said:

Cecil House? 🤔

Jay used to be married? I must have missed that!

 

Didn't it turn out that the guys who replaced Nick were already on the crew, but behind the scenes? 

 

Yes. Billy and Jay were already part of GAC, and appeared on the show sometimes. After Nick left, they were promoted to main investigators.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Oops. Hotel Cecil in LA, near Skid Row I believe, once classy then kind of trashy, where Richard Ramirez the Nightstalker once stayed and more recently, the girl who was visiting LA, had some sort of breakdown and whose body was found in a water tank on the roof. Also where an Austrian dude who had done time for murder stayed to write about serial killers, but actually was doing the serial killing. It will likely be a good one, and I'm okay with them using it to launch the new service, but the fact that they haven't announced when it will air normally means that they know we will just wait to see it then and not scramble to give them money on Day 1. I think we will probably see it turn up on tv shortly after the streaming launch. Or even if they want to wait a bit and use it as the on-air premiere of the next season, it's fine. Just tell us!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

They played another repackaged rerun of two old eps as a new one last night, one of which was the investigation of the Magnolia Plantation, from which came his hilarious quote "Do that voodoo that YOU do on MEEEEE!". 

On 12/17/2020 at 9:28 AM, Ananayel said:

Oops. Hotel Cecil in LA, near Skid Row I believe, once classy then kind of trashy, where Richard Ramirez the Nightstalker once stayed and more recently, the girl who was visiting LA, had some sort of breakdown and whose body was found in a water tank on the roof. Also where an Austrian dude who had done time for murder stayed to write about serial killers, but actually was doing the serial killing. It will likely be a good one, and I'm okay with them using it to launch the new service, but the fact that they haven't announced when it will air normally means that they know we will just wait to see it then and not scramble to give them money on Day 1. I think we will probably see it turn up on tv shortly after the streaming launch. Or even if they want to wait a bit and use it as the on-air premiere of the next season, it's fine. Just tell us!

Oh yeah, I saw part of that one, but I thought it had a different name. So they're doing a followup? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think this is new - didn't they do a different hotel in LA before? The one where they put a static camera in the hallway and weirdos were all up in it checking it out?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

GAC at The Comedy Store in West Hollywood

EVPs, shadows, light anomalies, Puck 2

Are these free basic cable episodes going to be inferior in content and production compared to the higher quality of 4.99/month Discover Plus GAC Episodes?

Edited by humbleopinion

Share this post


Link to post

This Discovery plus thing is so irksome. I can't even afford a streaming service of any sort right now, not to mention buying a smart tv and getting wifi to be able to use it (my tv is almost 30 years old and still works fine - knock wood.) I know I'm far from the only one. So have a big splashdown on plus, but show it on cable later on. A week, a month, whatever. Just let us know. Even VH1 made the change from showing Drag Race All-Stars on Showtime at the start of the pandemic for just this reason. At least, at the very least, a free trial of at least three months would be in order. Get people really attached before you start charging them, and at least pretend to be concerned about reaching people who can't afford it right now.

Oh, and I would watch a full roast of Zak and the boys, for realz.

Edited by Ananayel
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Ananayel said:

This Discovery plus thing is so irksome. I can't even afford a streaming service of any sort right now, not to mention buying a smart tv and getting wifi to be able to use it (my tv is almost 30 years old and still works fine - knock wood.) I know I'm far from the only one. So have a big splashdown on plus, but show it on cable later on. A week, a month, whatever. Just let us know. Even VH1 made the change from showing Drag Race All-Stars on Showtime at the start of the pandemic for just this reason. At least, at the very least, a free trial of at least three months would be in order. Get people really attached before you start charging them, and at least pretend to be concerned about reaching people who can't afford it right now.

Oh, and I would watch a full roast of Zak and the boys, for realz.

Cheers to all you said.  I tll ya, im so verklempt over this whole sitch. My theory is that will run current shows on cable, and then will stream shortly thereafter.  No prob there.  But im wondering if vice versa and will shows on D+ make it to cable after a bit.  I really want to see that Cecil Hotel investigation. And now they're dubbing it the 'new home of the paranormal' .  I will just wait and see how they do it.  This things has all but wiped out OnDemand. Which i used a lot.  You know one thing i noticed, in all the hubbub, nothing anywhere about naked & afraid.  Interesting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, they are really pushing this Discovery+ thing. The only way I'm getting that is if Spectrum users can get that for free, much like you can with HBO Max.

I don't know why they can't just simulcast new episodes on both Travel Channel and Discovery+, so people who only have one or the other can see them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

At this point, I'm rooting for it to come in so far under their projections that they realize they have to air things on the actual channels involved. I mean, Comcast is trying to reinstate its data caps and if they get away with it others will follow, and if people have to use their allotment for work/school, there won't be any left for all the streaming. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/5/2020 at 1:56 PM, Lili said:

Nick has been gone from the show for so long that it feels weird watching an episode with him now, especially since he was Zak's second in command.

Nick's last episode would have been the time they went to Ireland, which was one of the show's best specials, so at least he left on a good note.

I believe it was season 10.  Never saw him again after that for GAC

Share this post


Link to post

Tonight's ep is going to be another two concatenated eps labelled as a new one, but you might be interested in knowing the second one, I think, will be the one in which Scoobie Douche gets confused by what a succubus and incubus are. 😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Tonight's ep was followed by what I guess was a prevu of their Discovery+ show, featuring their top ten ghosts caught on camera.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder how many people who signed up for + are going to cancel after the free week trial. I think that will decide if we ever get to see these "exclusive" shows on air. I mean, even CBS started showing Star Trek: Discovery on the network. Two seasons behind, but still.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

DTour is finally starting to air some 'new' episodes in Canada. And by 'new' I mean the episode on the ghost train. It was kind of cool because it was a much different investigation than we're used to and I liked the conductor. That being said, any strange noises or movements/rocking of the train, to me, seems more like the train is settling than anything ghostly. I also love how the cat kept scaring everyone, heh. 

I am annoyed that the network hasn't aired any of the past Halloween specials in years, though. They always used to air them in the past but I think the last one I saw was when Zac had a bunch of different people investigate various parts of his museum. I also never got the serial killer special and ended up watching it on YouTube. It's frustrating.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hoping kind strangers spending 4.99/month will review the new GAC episodes on the + stream for us.

Thinking others will share so we can see the +episodes eventually...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The one week free trial will be up soon. If it were me, and I had a tv that could do streaming, I would have signed up, binged, and then cancelled. I can't imagine I'm the only one. Now they are advertising "exclusive" episodes of more shows. I have nothing against streaming, but I really hate this "exclusive" BS, no matter where it rears its head. I want to see the final numbers of actual paying customers who stay past the trial week.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size