Type keyword(s) to search

Ghost Adventures - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/1/2017 at 6:56 AM, MrSmith said:

Oh, man. John Zaffis. That dude is a shyster. We watched a few episodes of Haunted Collector and were both amused and dismayed that all the stuff that's supposedly haunted appears to have high intrinsic value. His show felt like he and his team were robbing the people while they were standing right there.

I agree they could have just gone with GA: Deadly Possessions. I like Aftershocks. I avoid Extra Pulses because all of those types of shows annoy me. I don't do "social" versions of shows and  don't do "extended" versions. I'm not interested in reading what other people had to say on Twitter ("social" versions) and if the producers can't be arsed to show me the "extended" version the first time, then I can' be arsed to give them more of my time to get perhaps 5 minutes of new footage.

You just hit on the exact issue I have also with the 'retread' shows.  I refuse.  Naked & Afraid pissed me off with all their retreads

• Love 1
On 9/3/2017 at 8:18 AM, Tammee said:

Me either! Hah, although further into the ep, Id look away whenever they showed her but I still got glimpses. Hopefully not enough to do anything lol

I looked up once later during the seance and didn’t realize the uncovered doll was still in the room.  I caught a glimpse as well but just that one time.  The doll was definitely uncovered on the show for longer than I thought it would be.  In addition, I’m certain there are people who tuned in later in the show who missed  Zak’s warning. I hope they are all okay. 

Edited by PBSLover

As I watched the Peggy show I looked like your avatar but my fingers over my eyes with quick opening and closing... to not get the full evil Peggy mojo....

Peggy's pix is on the GA fb page...wonder if anyone will ill and affected from seeing it there....

No heart problem so far...so good....

Regarding John Zaffis, does anyone remember a tv show in the 80s/90s called Friday 13th, the series.  Great show, cult series, censors couldn't take it and essentially killed while it had so far to go.  No I'm not bitter lol  Oh yes I digress, the plot of the show is that these 2 cousins went around the country capturing hexed/possessed item to lock up in a lead  closet.  Life imitating tv?

• Love 3
On 9/6/2017 at 11:40 AM, Tammee said:

Regarding John Zaffis, does anyone remember a tv show in the 80s/90s called Friday 13th, the series.  Great show, cult series, censors couldn't take it and essentially killed while it had so far to go.  No I'm not bitter lol  Oh yes I digress, the plot of the show is that these 2 cousins went around the country capturing hexed/possessed item to lock up in a lead  closet.  Life imitating tv?

I remember that show. I loved the red-head on it. She was very pretty and most of the reason I watched it. heh

• Love 1
On 7/9/2017 at 11:45 AM, Tammee said:

Ok, the Viper Room ep was great!  Of all the iconic places they've investigated, this by far is my favorite one.  I can totally see the spirit of River still being there, and I can totally see it as confused.  He had such a horrific passing, I can only wish him peace.  I've always been curious about the VR.  Does Johnny still own his part of it?  I think I remember reading he had sold it not long after River's death.  Loved the guitar strum.  Dont blame Aaron on his freak out,  I would too.  Did laugh at Z & B laughing at Aaron.  All in all a great ep!

This one aired for the first time tonight. I enjoyed it. There seemed to be a lot of evidence and noise. I loved that one guitar note. The video of people constantly fainting in that one spot was weird. I wanted to learn more about that. I thought it was mean having Aaron, the biggest guy in the group, go into that crawl space. The complaint meter was hilarious, though. And he handed it better than I would have, mine would have been constant swearing, heh. I don't know if that was River, but it was still a cool EVP. That club is freaky though, so dark and oppressive looking. I would hate to work there.

• Love 1
On 9/4/2017 at 6:33 PM, humbleopinion said:

Peggy's pix is on the GA fb page...wonder if anyone will ill and affected from seeing it there....

No heart problem so far...so good....

Seriously?  Why would they warn the audience look at the doll at your own risk yet they put a picture of her on Facebook?  The one woman who was affected by the doll just looked at a photo as well.  That makes no sense.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:45 PM, PBSLover said:

I turned off the sound on the Ed Gein portion of the show.  It was not scary or interesting.  It was just gross.  I didn’t want to hear all the details (what the fuck happened to this guy to make him such a sick fuck????). No thanks.  It’s just too gross.

That's because you muted the TV. ;-)

If memory serves, Ed Gein's relationship with his mother messed him up, but I forgot the details.

BTW, I noticed they've been playing reruns of his museum eps with a new title. I still laugh at the woman with the cursed crying kid painting claiming it caused a fire in a candle-light room her cat was in.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:59 AM, jewel21 said:

Wait, is this 'artifacts' show just a rename of his museum episodes? Because I feel like I've already seen these episodes you speak of...

Yes, that's exactly what they did!

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 0:40 PM, Tammee said:

I do not remember the censors killing the show, but I do remember it pushing the envelope and generally being aired late at night. I think what killed Friday the 13th: The Series was them replacing Ryan with Robbie's ersatz fiancé.

I just watched Twin Bridges Orphanage.  I am a non-violent pacifist . . . . unless we're talking children and animals.  That matron cackling over torturing little kids, and accidentally killing them by back-handing them down the stairs - no mercy.  I hope some nut job who was abused as a child tracks her down.  That's all I'm going to say.

• Love 1
On 9/20/2017 at 0:16 PM, Ubiquitous said:

Yes, that's exactly what they did!

I do not remember the censors killing the show, but I do remember it pushing the envelope and generally being aired late at night. I think what killed Friday the 13th: The Series was them replacing Ryan with Robbie's ersatz fiancé.

Yep, thats exactly when it jumped the shark for me.  I still watched but it wasn't the same without Ryan

For me, and this might make me a bad person, Possessed Zak is Hilarious Zak. I'm 100% sure it's his own brain doing whatever to him, he's not actually possessed. But I don't think he's "faking" in the generally understood sense of that word. I think he would overact a lot more, and it would be fairly obvious if that was the case. I think he (and to a certain extent all of them) get themselves into a sort of hyper-suggestible state, and it goes from there.

Is it me, or did Jay lose a ton of weight?

• Love 3

I loved tonight's episode, Ogden Possession, but then the demonic cases are always my favorite.  Zak was dramatic, as usual, and I'd like to think he's just ultra sensitive to these things, versus being a total drama queen.

I thought Zak's advice to Junior was a little odd.  Telling the kid to tell the devil off in a squeaky fearful voice, and almost promising to take care of everything by morning.  I wish he'd said some sort of prayer over the kid, then had him removed - pronto.  The kids have been there too long, and it seems atypical for a demonic possession to be preying on all the family members.  It was also creepy that one of the daughters was supporting dad (you know - the demon) over mom, and saying, hey no use fighting, it's gonna win.

I thought Aaron was going to faint in the closet when the entity said it wanted Father Bryan (Aaron gives me life).  I noticed the nun giving Father Bryan a look, and Father Bryan looked a little unnerved,

Loved the nun.  She was doing her thing, kicking Satan's ass, then looked like she was going to climb on her horse, and participate in a cattle drive.  If all nuns were like her, there would be far fewer traumatized Catholic children in the world.

• Love 2

I thought Zak handled the scene with the son pretty well. He didn't promise they'd get rid of the demon, just that they'd try hard to. I thought maybe having the boy say those sentences out loud was more for making the boy feel a little better, a little stronger just by hearing him saying that himself. Like an affirmation exercise. I think they totally missed the crossover opportunity with Dead Files - I was curious what took place on that property that caused it to harbor a demon. Where's Steve DiSchavi when you need him?!! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cherry Cola said:

Whoa. That was intense! I need an update.  Is the dad free from the entity now? 

It was!  This should have been a two hour, or a to be continued (much as I hate those).  There was more then enough content.  And I have so many questions!  Yes, how is the whole family, especially the affected dad.  Did they stay in the house, Did they sage it?  

• Love 2
On 9/30/2017 at 11:13 PM, PBSLover said:

Jesus Christ.  What a fucking episode.  I hope the priest and nun stayed there to make sure that thing was gone. They should also move the hell out of that house!  

The ending was just so abrupt.   I think maybe they try to get enough stuff for a 2hr but maybe just came a little shooooort so then they had to cut it all and stll leave it relevant and 1 hr.  On the plus side they can do another one of those eps, ExtraPulse or something like that, and I hope they do.  Im sure it took way mkre than blessed water to get this thing out of him.and whats its name?  Did they ever give it?  S [oooooooooo Maaaaaaany Queeeeeeeeeestions.........

• Love 3

Episodes like this make me really uncomfortable. This guy clearly had personal demons, most probably not paranormal demons. If I had to guess, I'd guess schizophrenia, or perhaps insane amounts of guilt over something stressing him ( and consequently his family) to the limit. The entire family needs counseling and a medical evaluation, not an exorcist. Same with those other cases recently where it's clear the people involved are addicts and need professional help. Go back to hunting ghosts, please.

• Love 2
On 10/3/2017 at 10:25 AM, Ananayel said:

Episodes like this make me really uncomfortable. This guy clearly had personal demons, most probably not paranormal demons. If I had to guess, I'd guess schizophrenia, or perhaps insane amounts of guilt over something stressing him ( and consequently his family) to the limit. The entire family needs counseling and a medical evaluation, not an exorcist. Same with those other cases recently where it's clear the people involved are addicts and need professional help. Go back to hunting ghosts, please.

Did you watch the show????

I watched again yesterday, and in a way it was even worse. There are clearly bad things going on in that family, but I strongly doubt it's related to demons.

Since there were children involved, putting this on tv and handling it the way they did was just a carnival of irresponsible behavior. Bishop Ouellete is part of an "independent" Catholic sect that focuses on exorcisms, so I seriously doubt the generally more rigorous procedures of the main Church were followed in determining possession. I mean, when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

There could be several things going on here, or a combination of them. A) undiagnosed/untreated mental illness or neurological issue, b) highly suggestible people having this idea put into their heads and (consciously or subconsciously) framing their narrative around it, c) using "possession" as a way to indulge in and simultaneously handwave nasty abusive behavior ("it wasn't me that swore at you for an hour, it was the demon!," d) a flat out scam (a story in search of a book/movie deal.) Choking on "holy" water is completely unconvincing - if you believe you're possessed, and a man in clerical clothing randomly hands you water, you know (even if subconsciously) that this is the standard test and what's expected of you. The other "evidence" I take with the same grain of salt I always do.

• Love 1
On 12/17/2016 at 10:56 AM, Ananayel said:

Oh, Zak. This silly museum. It's been forever and it's not open yet. Maybe its fate is the same as the Demon House film that was supposed to be out a year ago. And he seriously needs to shave that pitiful stuff off his face and lose those fake glasses. It's embarrassing.

I believe the glasses are real...look on the edges you can see..they look prescription to me. 

Vicksburg:

These were very good episodes. Some light, funny moments like in the old days, hundreds of creepy dolls, Zak got scared and fell over - twice! (I mean, I'd be scared too if I suddenly heard gunshots near me.) And they got good evidence. Then they said the word "demon." I really need an entire episode without hearing that word. It didn't seem like much came of it, but enough. It's almost a parody at this point - a kid in the affected house leaves three fries on his plate and "it's the mocking of the Trinity! That's demonic!"

Someone posted this on reddit that Zak missed - some feel it's genuine, others that it's the way a doll's hand reflects when he moves the IR light.

Another reddit sleuth feels that you can see the doll that fell over get slightly pushed three times before it falls. My crappy 20+ year old tv doesn't let me see stuff like that. Once I finally get a new one, it will probably be like when I first got my glasses and realized trees have leaves.

• Love 3

I just watched the Vicksburg episodes.  Right before the doll fell off the shelf and Zack fell on his butt you can see a hand move on the right side of the screen close to the camera. I don't know if this is the room with the Santa Claus in it but it is a large doll like hand. 

• Love 1
On 10/8/2017 at 6:16 PM, Dot Com said:

I just watched the Vicksburg episodes.  Right before the doll fell off the shelf and Zack fell on his butt you can see a hand move on the right side of the screen close to the camera. I don't know if this is the room with the Santa Claus in it but it is a large doll like hand. 

That was a huge stand out of the episode. I love it when they actually capture that stuff, because after all, isn't that why we watch shows like Ghost Adventures?

The Vicksburg show series are a great showcase to those who aren't already fans.

The mix of shows is what GAC does best...one historic based, one spotlighting Zac's doll phobia and one bringing back the godfather of invention...Mr. Bill Chapel to premier his latest doodad.

Anyone else notice thatBill C has gone Hollywood with his look-no more soccer dad jeans, stylized haircut, facial hair and updated glasses plus the wearing of all black, no more colorful polo shirts.

That 4X4 tossed by an entity almost knocked out the inventor.

The pile of ziplocked poo is hard to forget.. Ewww.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

For those who watched the latest Vicksburg episode...where did the bones come from...and why?

Good question.  I don't think they figured it out.  Was it just someone messing with them? I always wonder that, like with the gunshots.  I didn't think those were paranormal.  Very creepy property though.  Zak was right, how sad it looks, and how nothing beautiful seems to grow there.  All those dead trees. Very strange. 

• Love 1

Thinking it was the occult camp people nearby with night vision goggles messing with the GAC.

Bummed that Ashley and Jay are separated, hope they work things out and both are at peace in their lives.

You can read Zac's twitter comments about his 2 good friends.

On 9/4/2017 at 9:07 PM, PBSLover said:

I looked up once later during the seance and didn’t realize the uncovered doll was still in the room.  I caught a glimpse as well but just that one time.  The doll was definitely uncovered on the show for longer than I thought it would be.  In addition, I’m certain there are people who tuned in later in the show who missed  Zak’s warning. I hope they are all okay. 

I know you posted this almost two months ago, but I saw that episode in its entirety, twice I believe, in its original formal (Deadly possessions?) and I am just fine!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

I know you posted this almost two months ago, but I saw that episode in its entirety, twice I believe, in its original formal (Deadly possessions?) and I am just fine!

I’m glad to hear it.  You are braver than I am!

• Love 1

Last night's episodes were a big commercial for his museum, open Mon-Sat 1-9p at the cost of $34/person 16 years and older...no younger kids

Episode one brought back 3 characters from past episodes and Zac has them unaware of each other in different parts of the museum... with Lady Snake with the Ed Gein cauldron and Father Sebastian with the Bela Lugosi's mirror.

Patti Negri using her psychic powers to narrate what she is seeing of the activity of the other 2 without any prior knowledge of  what they were doing.

She is always good TV.

Episode 2 is Annabelle and the 3 viewer contest winners investigating the museum.

The Annabelle portion is what GAC does best.

Zac don't do it...leave her foot alone, bro......

• Love 2

Wait, I thought Lady Snake wasn't into dark magic, and backed out of doing a full ritual in one of the England shows (just opened a portal) because she didn't do that. And now Zak's introducing her as a dark magic practitioner?

I watched Versailles instead of Annabelle, because Versailles isn't rerun, and also Alexander Vlahos and Tygh Runyan. I also think the Warrens are crackpot fraudsters and didn't want to endorse that nonsense.

Dakota is a cutie - has it really been that long since the contest he won? I wonder which one of Jay or Billy he's going to end up replacing.

Edited by Ananayel

Lady Snake makes a comment about how the show has moved toward the dark side.

GAC need more hands since they never got any more help since Nick left with the exception of the sound guy who is making more appearances in episodes and manned nerve center with Bill Chapel in last night's show.

Dakota needs to cowboy up or he's going to be a cat scratching post, marked every time there is a malevolent spirit who likes to pick on the weak willed.

• Love 1

After the demon voice was played in the first hour of last night’s Halloween special, I muted the tv.  I love this stuff but I think the darkness of last night’s show was just more than I wanted. I turned the sound on again for the beginning of Annabelle and then I muted the tv again.  After a bit, I just turned off the tv. I guess I am turning a corner and am looking for more light and happy in my life. Since the Ed Gein episode (Zak is really selling the crap out of his museum), I’m kind of half in/half out.  The show has gotten way darker.

There was an old episode when they were in a building with a theater/stage and on the anomaly device the screen showed several anomalies on the stage and they realized they were playing instruments.  The team clapped for them and they bowed.  I think that was my favorite moment from this series.  

• Love 2

I had no idea his hair isn't naturally black, and it's good that the rest of his face has caught up with his nose. (Not being negative -- he looked good then and now, just with different emphasis on facial features and shape over time.) It's also interesting that he was able to promote himself as a performer even at a time in life when most young people haven't managed that level of self-confidence.

Communications major and film student explains the degree of professionalism in Ghost Adventures. Even when I'm thinking the investigation results are a bit implausible I'm appreciating the skill put into producing the series.

Edited by CoderLady
  • Love 2