Type keyword(s) to search

Ghost Adventures - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I like Zak.  I've watched on and off since almost the very beginning and he seems to be a little douchier now then in the beginning, but I think he's cute.  He seems like a nice guy.  Sometimes I think he bosses Aaron around too much.

My husband just recently started watching it with me and thinks he's a douche.

Zak and Aaron have a older/little brother relationship....Aaron irritates Zak while Billy and Jay don't.

Since Nick left, Aaron's loyalty has been rewarded with more respect on investigations.

Aaron dates Zak's sister, so he is family.

Younger Zak dressed in the Ed Hardy inspired t shirts, too big jeans, and acted aggressive and was hyper on investigations but in the years hence has calmed down and is more thoughtful and introspective in the investigations.

Long time fans of the show see the older, more mature Zak.

But he is not everyone's cup of tea...which is fine.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/17/2017 at 7:21 PM, notyrmomma said:

It was actually Aaron who supposedly did that, but it was a completely fabricated story--i.e., "fake news" (I actually totally believe it is faked (it has to be, ghosts aren't real), but the person who wrote the story had no proof and Aaron never said that).  Nick left on his own terms. 

LOL. Keep telling yourself that. Just because you've not personally experienced a haunting doesn't mean it's not real. My wife's childhood home was haunted by two ghosts and I experienced some of that. Her family didn't move from that house until a couple of years after I started dating her. I've written a couple of posts in the Everything Else forum about the experiences in that house, and I'm happy to recount it all here, as well.

Back on topic, I used to watch Ghost Hunters for a while, and some of their stuff seemed fake. It was during that Halloween special where you could clearly see Grant faking his collar being tugged on that I stopped watching them. We watched two episodes of Ghosts of Shepherdstown and we found it too fake to watch any more episodes. We also checked out Paranormal Lockdown and didn't like that show, in large part due to Katrina. (We had never watched Paranormal State.) As for Ghost Adventures, it's mostly me who watches now. My wife will watch if there's one that's worth watching. The episodes I refuse to watch are the ones where they decide they're dealing with a demon. They just get way too over the top during those episodes.

Edited to add: We watched Dead Files for a while, but got sick of Amy and didn't believe her.

Edited by MrSmith
(edited)
11 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

All those extreme closeups of Amy's face is especially unsettling....

I agree.  I think she's legit, but I don't like how she over dramatasizes (sp?) things at times.  The long pauses and some of the comments she makes.  I get that they're trying to draw in viewers, but I don't think they need to do it.  There are so many "paranormal/ghost" hunting shows, they have a unique premise and that should be the forefront of their show.  IMO they don't need the extra "theatrics."

Edited by DkNNy79

The double paranormal whammy of GA and Dead Files helps keep viewers tuned in since they alternate new episodes while the other goes into reruns.

If Dead Files go by the wayside, Kindred Spirits will do in its spot.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

I agree.  I think she's legit, but I don't like how she over dramatasizes (sp?) things at times.  The long pauses and some of the comments she makes.  I get that they're trying to draw in viewers, but I don't think they need to do it.  There are so many "paranormal/ghost" hunting shows, they have a unique premise and that should be the forefront of their show.  IMO they don't need the extra "theatrics."

I saw an interview with her once and she basically said that when she's channeling she makes those faces.  But she also makes the faces when she is talking to the home owners during the reveal, so who knows.  I have a tendency to make dramatic faces when I talk, so I understand where she's coming from - it just must be her personality.  

On 5/23/2017 at 10:06 AM, MrSmith said:

I've written a couple of posts in the Everything Else forum about the experiences in that house, and I'm happy to recount it all here, as well.

I’d love to hear it.  If not I will check out the Everything Else forum and see if I can find your posts.

In case you don’t know, there is a scary story Halloween contest every year on Jezebel.  If you haven’t submitted you should.  It’s a combination of paranormal stories as well as screwed up human stories.  Last year though, the stories were less paranormal and mostly the other. It was a pretty boring submission year in comparison to previous years.  The ghost stories are the better read.  So submit your stories if you haven’t!!!! 

@PBSLover I'll repost it here in the next couple of days and I'll tag you in the post to make sure you get a notification. Probably better to repost it here because it's broken up weirdly across the two posts in the other thread.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/23/2017 at 3:53 PM, notyrmomma said:

I saw an interview with her once and she basically said that when she's channeling she makes those faces.  But she also makes the faces when she is talking to the home owners during the reveal, so who knows.  I have a tendency to make dramatic faces when I talk, so I understand where she's coming from - it just must be her personality.

Many times they are either attacking her or wanting her to feel how they died.  From what I remember (that show is too dark for me), she was seeing some pretty nasty shit.  I think I would make some horrible faces as well.

23 hours ago, MrSmith said:

@PBSLover I'll repost it here in the next couple of days and I'll tag you in the post to make sure you get a notification. Probably better to repost it here because it's broken up weirdly across the two posts in the other thread.

Thank you!!!

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, MrSmith said:

@PBSLover You're welcome. I'm (still/again) dealing with Sprint on a billing issue or I would do it now. This is now a 6 hour saga and they've exhausted me.

So Sorry!  I hope it all works out...in your favor!

On 4/15/2017 at 11:18 PM, humbleopinion said:

Zak is hatless but his hair looks odd.

The poltergeist activity, EVPs and shadow person liven up the episode at the Double Eagle Restaurant.

Made Billy and Zak giddy with the amount of evidence they experienced.

Not much goings on at the Old Dona Ana County Courthouse but like when Aaron and and Jay investigate together.

This one aired tonight. I loved all the poltergeist activity. That acrylique sign toppling over was crazy. I've worked in bookstores and used those holders before, they do not flip over like that. Pretty cool. And it was nice to have GA back after no episode last week. I agree the courthouse segment was a bit boring. I look forward to next week.

On 5/28/2017 at 0:33 PM, humbleopinion said:

Next week's episode is a good one.

Last night for me was a GA rerun but Dead Files was fresh.

Instead of airing the episode, dTour, the CDN channel that airs Ghost Adventures aired a repeat instead. And next week it'll be the same thing. They're re-airing season 14 from the beginning. I'm so disappointed I got shorted an episode, grr.

Man, if someone gave me an hallucinogen without telling me what it was, letting me think it was something like sage or herbs, I would be beyond pissed. That said, tripping Scoobies are funny. At least they had fun with it in the edit bay later on.

Thinking the producers/researchers knew what the nice lady was feeding the boys and chose to let the "herbs"segment happen.

The guys were just more trippy than usual, no harm ...no foul.

None of the GAC are strangers to herbs.

The last couple eps have been creepy as bleep!  Note to self: turn light on.  Loved the tripping segment heehee cracked me up.  Especially how they banded together in one vehicle, heehee safety in numbers Bro!

On 5/18/2017 at 4:17 PM, DkNNy79 said:

That's one of the reasons I like watching Dead Files.  I want to see if what Amy is seeing is collaborated by Steve's investigation.

With these other shows, while we do at times get to see some evidence (shadows/light anomalies/sounds), we're not there so we can't feel what they're feeling.  Also, I hate when they try to guess what something means, because its really a big overreach most of the times.

For example: If they hear a little girl crying, you then hear a voiceover from Zach.... "is that little girl crying for her mother or the childhood that was cut drastically short."  Something along that lines.

Re Dead Files, Amy has access to the same research Steve has - so it's a little hard for me to accept the premise of the show, that one collaborates the other.

I couldn't understand, during the Skinwalkers ep, why terrified Aaron was trying to contact Zak, who was miles away, when Jay was sitting at the entrance to the cave he was in. BTW, Aaron, if I heard a growl in a cave I was in, I'd be terrified, too... and on my way out immediately!

The Upper Fruitland episode was interesting. I'm curious to know the family's story - I had actually just finished watching the Utah pizzeria ep and couldn't stop thinking that business must be bad and they figured this would be a good way to advertise, so I had the same cynicism watching Upper (not Lower!) Fruitland. I did notice the Fruitland father was wearing a Bigfoot T-shirt with the New Mexico flag on it - BFRO member? Hmmm, doesn't mean scam but he obviously is impressionable. Also, didn't the neighbor mention graves on the property? Then that was the last we heard of it - but isn't building on graves a big no-no for Indians? Why didn't that come up? And, finally, Jay must not have any problems with claustrophobia, like I do... Man, he always goes into those tiny places that make me uncomfortable to see him in!

And, really last thing:  back to the pizzeria:  Not only why was that gross, bodily-fluid drenched mattress in the basement, but why in the hell did they keep it there? I wouldn't eat in a place that kept something like that on the premises! 

I'll do my best to give my answers...

Aaron always tries to get Zak because Aaron knows who the star of the show is and which side his bread is buttered.

Aaron is a goofy guy who understands where the spotlight shines...on Zak.

Upper Fruitland episode, the investigation went off the rails when the boys ingested the herbs...

The show was a mishmash mess but that's Ghost Adventures.

Jay has turned out to be fearless when it comes to going down into crawl spaces or up into attics.

Zak and Aaron won't go, Billy's heart races so that leaves Jay to pull up the big boy investigator's white jumpsuit and take the plunge.

I'm thinking no one working at Nonna's wanted to go down the basement to retrieve the mattress  and the GAC was happy for such a graphic prop to spice up the episode...

Thanks for watching GA and participating on this forum...it gets lonely with so few posters...

• Love 1

The most recent eps have been very good, after an unacceptably lame run. They may have gotten their groove back. However, though the mattress in the pizzeria basement was undeniably disgusting, those red stains were not blood. Paint, maybe, and I can't rule out bloodstains elsewhere on the thing, but dried blood is brown, not red.

According to reddit, they are revisiting the Tooele hospital/Asylum 49. Apparently the nursing home side of the building closed, and they are going back.

I still can't warm up to Jay and Billy. I'm sure they are nice people, and it sucks that Jay is separated from his wife since that bridge episode, but Billy is entirely too shrieky and Jay is too quick to go to the woo-woo "spiritual" stuff - actually, they both are. I can't remember which one thought it would be a good idea to google some kind of "ancient" "ritual" and read it at a "demon," without knowing what any of it meant. They did caution us not to try it at home though. Eye roll.

It's interesting to watch the older eps with Nick in them now, knowing what Nick ended up being. Ghosts of Shepherdstown is just non-stop shenanigans, IMO, and Paranormal Lockdown even worse, what with the Katrina-taint and all. Drinking game - every time someone says they felt or saw something and Nick chimes in with a Me Too!, take a drink.

Was there ever any explanation for the mattress being there? 

I think Aaron is easily cajoled into doing things whereas Billy totally isn't (he flat out refuses when Zak tries to order him) and Zak seems to feel Jay is a real adult like himself. 

So it seems there are some dramatics going down regarding Ghosts of Shepherdstown, according to one of those poorly sourced clickbait sites. However Jason Hawes has weighed in for some reason, and Dread Central has gotten involved. Allegedly, one of the "witnesses" in GoS is an actor, among other things. I'm not watching Jason do a FBLive thing, but Nick has responded. Fairly weakly, if you ask me.

This one wasn't nearly as good as the past couple, but Aaron's Complaint Counter was hilarious. For a minute there, it was almost like it was several seasons ago, when they weren't afraid of being funny.

• Love 2

After weeks of being in repeats, they finally aired the one of the possessed guy in Eerie which I didn't get to see before. I'm not sure what to make of it. Too many jump to the conclusion of someone being possessed by a demon when honestly, I wondered if he didn't have psychological issues and a drug problem. He was skinny and had the dark eye circles, but I have a brother with BPD and when he's off his meds, and doing drugs, he also gets super skinny and has dark circles under his eyes and sees things that aren't there, etc. I felt like in addition to the 'exorcism' they should have gotten him psychological help. Yeah, I don't know, this one just didn't sit well for me. I really felt for his mom, though.

• Love 2

Ok, the Viper Room ep was great!  Of all the iconic places they've investigated, this by far is my favorite one.  I can totally see the spirit of River still being there, and I can totally see it as confused.  He had such a horrific passing, I can only wish him peace.  I've always been curious about the VR.  Does Johnny still own his part of it?  I think I remember reading he had sold it not long after River's death.  Loved the guitar strum.  Dont blame Aaron on his freak out,  I would too.  Did laugh at Z & B laughing at Aaron.  All in all a great ep!

16 hours ago, Ananayel said:

This one wasn't nearly as good as the past couple, but Aaron's Complaint Counter was hilarious. For a minute there, it was almost like it was several seasons ago, when they weren't afraid of being funny.

The Viper Room was good but there was nothing solid there to my mind. I felt awfully bad for Aaron! Why not send Jay in there - why the biggest guy in the group? Sometimes I wonder if Zak is descended from a member of the SS... And some of those were more statements of fact than complaints: I can't find my Mel meter e.g. :-)  In any case, I didn't understand why Aaron had to crawl through that to get to the room with the dirt floor. There had to be some other way to get in there! How are you going to get a body in like that?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, OneWouldHope said:

The Viper Room was good but there was nothing solid there to my mind. I felt awfully bad for Aaron! Why not send Jay in there - why the biggest guy in the group? Sometimes I wonder if Zak is descended from a member of the SS... And some of those were more statements of fact than complaints: I can't find my Mel meter e.g. :-)  In any case, I didn't understand why Aaron had to crawl through that to get to the room with the dirt floor. There had to be some other way to get in there! How are you going to get a body in like that?

It probably wasnt like that until after the body was buried.  Just a guess

I'm new to the show and watching lots of episodes, but they bounce back and forth over seasons. Nick is there, Nick is gone, Nick is back.

I'm sad to hear he's getting a little dark. By far he's my favorite.  I just watched the episode when Zac told Aaron to climb in bed with him so they could feel the vibrations together.  I loved Aaron's response - No!  Did you just hear what you said?

Zac shamelessly sends Aaron and Nick out to do the scary things while Zac often watches the monitors or takes the least scary option.  He's so shamelessly gutless.   I feel he does it much more so with Aaron, and enjoys sending Aaron on these tasks with a little too much joy. 

5 hours ago, OneWouldHope said:

Ok, that sounds logical. Thanks!

I don't really get how the woman knew that was River Phoenix's voice. The first clip was barely audible!

To us anyway.  It might have been much clearer in person.  That's the problem with EVP, its so hard to make out sometimes

• Love 1
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm new to the show and watching lots of episodes, but they bounce back and forth over seasons. Nick is there, Nick is gone, Nick is back.

I'm sad to hear he's getting a little dark. By far he's my favorite.  I just watched the episode when Zac told Aaron to climb in bed with him so they could feel the vibrations together.  I loved Aaron's response - No!  Did you just hear what you said?

Zac shamelessly sends Aaron and Nick out to do the scary things while Zac often watches the monitors or takes the least scary option.  He's so shamelessly gutless.   I feel he does it much more so with Aaron, and enjoys sending Aaron on these tasks with a little too much joy. 

It can seem that way, I agree.  I think part of the reason he sends Aaron in like that, is because Aaron has a natural empathy and kindness that people/spirits can relate to and gravitate towards.  He gets responses..now, NOT to say that Zak is mean and not empathetic.  He is very kind and nice. Its just in a different way. Sidebar #1 I think he has a lot more pressure on his shoulders to produce a good show.  I can see and get it because I am the same way.  My sister is more like Aaron.  Kids run to her all the time and from me HAH.  Sidebar #2  I was excited when they did a couple eps in Colorado a few years back and Zak was tweeting about maybe buying a house here. I dont think it ever happened though.  Sigh, denied again.  Heh kidding. Sidebar #3 kidding, no more sidebars.  I just hope I got my point across without demonizing (hah pun) Zak, because I dont mean to do that.

• Love 1

A new ep aired for me tonight. The boys visit a Native American family up on a reservation. There was this cool video of a form seeming to materialize out of the ground and then disappear.

There was a moment when Aaron and Jay were in the car and they thought something was pounding on it. They showed an exterior shot and it looked like something big and dark was on the doorstep of the house but they never mentioned it. It appeared to be moving and was way bigger than a cat. I wonder what it was?

• Love 2

Your mileage may vary...

New episode featuring the return of the GAC to Asylum 49 was the Billy Tolley show.

He volunteered to sleep in the creepy room with EKG leads on, got the fright of his life since he was in a deep asleep when it happened and showcased new equipment he and Bill Chapel created.

As usual, Aaron was typical Aaron.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, jewel21 said:

There was a moment when Aaron and Jay were in the car and they thought something was pounding on it. They showed an exterior shot and it looked like something big and dark was on the doorstep of the house but they never mentioned it. It appeared to be moving and was way bigger than a cat. I wonder what it was?

It was the owner's dog. I'm sure they knew what it was at the time, but they should have devoted one line to it in the show - "the black shape you see moving on the porch is the owner's dog." But then I guess they wouldn't get people tweeting at them about the evidence they spotted that the GAC Scoobies missed.

Billy is getting on my last nerve lately. He needs to settle his backside at nerve center and keep his yap shut just a bit more often.

• Love 1

I seriously had thought it was a bear at one point. That is a massive dog, lol. And yup, they should have made a comment on the show.

Billy and Jay both get on my nerves. I miss Nick and he was always my least favourite of the three.

Then they could have smacked that big "DEBUNKED!" graphic on top. They used to love that.

It was weird seeing that random crew guy. And that nurse. Man, that was a look. Did she bathe in fake tan syrup? Also, she was a bit of a mess overall. And don't get me started on the "3:00 am is the devil's hour" nonsense.

Think she's had a few rough years after being fired from the nursing home where she worked 12 years.

Sweaty because she was nervous being back at the site, being on camera and talking about her past employer's treatment of her.

• Love 1

Zak said on his Twitter last week that he would have a "special announcement" yesterday. People got super excited thinking it was about the demon house doc. But no, it's some sort of contest where a fan gets to do a lockdown with them, in yet another episode shot in the Haunted Museum. Which has been scheduled to open "soon" for the longest time.

• Love 2