Type keyword(s) to search

Ghost Adventures - General Discussion

• Start Topic

What I really can't stand about these guys is that they lose their train of thought so easily. For instance, they say to their spiritual subjects, "We want to help you." Then the spirit speaks through the "spirit" box, they ask another question, and then the team hears something. They are more curious about what they heard then what the spirit has to say. Those guys are soo insincere, no wonder they get attacked! Also, remember when they used to provoke the spirits? I'm glad to see that they have stopped that practice-bunch o' nuts! I think sometimes, that these guys behave like a bunch of contemporary three stooges! Lord help me!

• Love 1

It certainly looked as though the light bulb budget had been slashed. I could barely see some of the interviews, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't my tv. The insta-feud was pretty good too - loved how they made sure to talk "to" each other without looking at each other and carefully separated by some sort of railing, to prevent a throwdown.

• Love 2

Awee come on!  There was no love here for last night's two-hour Halloween episode???  My favorite part was when Zak and his interview subject (don't remember his name) expressed their hatered of each other.  I was literally LOL!!!!

I think I watched it but have no recollection of what happened. I think I got bored and changed the channel. This genre is totally played out.
  • Love 1

I'm sad this forum doesn't get more traffic/comments because Ghost Adventures is one of my favourite ghost shows. I think the Dude Bros are hilarious and I find it way more entertaining than Ghost Hunters. Although I still miss Nick, and he wasn't even my favourite ghost hunter, but I feel the group dynamic just isn't the same without him around. The season finale aired last week but according to Aaron Goodwin's fb, a new season should be starting up in a few months. I'm kind of excited about that, heh.

• Love 2

New episode tonight! Black Dahlia House. I'm actually excited, because a) I have done a fair bit of reading about the murder and this house, and b) I was thinking a few weeks ago, before this was announced, that they should investigate there.

And if you want a bit of amusement, in the Ghost Adventures subreddit there is a guy who is compiling all the instances of "dude!" and "bro!" in each season. It's cute, but honestly I thought there were tons more, given that it's become such a shorthand for them.

Edited by Ananayel
  • Love 2

My favorite moment from the Black Dahlia episode was when a guide was taking Zak on a tour of Elizabeth Short's last known stops the day she disappeared. They arrived at the Hotel Figueroa, and he could not pronounce the place. Almost every time he mangled the pronounciation, the tour guide would correct him. Other times, he'd ask if he got it right, and she'd say "No." Which brings us to my favorite exchange between them:

Zak: Somethingsomething Hotel Figeerora. Was that right?
Guide: No.
Zak: Sorry. I have trouble with weird words.
Guide (deadpan): It's Spanish.

Yeah, that woman might be my spirit animal. The first time he did it, she said "aww, that's so cute!"  Yes, Zak has trouble with "weird words" - words like "cattle," and "toward," and "slaughter." I wonder if that's a thing, some sort of dyslexia of pronunciation.

I'll have to watch again, because it was hard to follow at the end. The house is a maze, there are secret rooms and crap, and I wish they would do like Most Haunted and post a schematic of the building showing where they were. Fun fact - ANTM used this house for one of its cycles.

While I do think Hodel probably was the murderer. Steve Hodel has gone on to claim his father was also responsible for at least one, maybe two, series of murders elsewhere. He seems to be really invested in the idea that his father was a monster. Perhaps it's a coping strategy of some sort, but it makes me uncomfortable when I see interviews with him. Though I could barely seem him in this interview. Zak! Light bulbs!

I watched the Black Daria ep this week. I never realized there was more to her story! Was this a recent development or something they try not to talk about?

Zak: Somethingsomething Hotel Figeerora. Was that right?
Guide: No.
Zak: Sorry. I have trouble with weird words.
Guide (deadpan): It's Spanish.

Followed by Zak redoing the scene and going out of his way to not say the name.

I'm from Canada and watch this show on Dtour. They haven't started airing the new season yet though. I hope I won't have to wait too long. It looks like the premiere was a pretty decent episode.

Edited by jewel21

Nick's new show Paranormal Lockdown premiered last night on Destination America. I like Nick just fine, he seems like a great guy. But it really showed why Zak was the lead on Ghost Adventures. Nick is very low key, and doesn't have that spark of goofiness that Zak and Aaron both have. He balanced out those two really well, but carrying a whole show is a very different thing. Maybe he will get better with time, but for now, I just didn't find the show very entertaining. Not to mention I don't really like anyone from Paranormal State, so there's that. They got some good evidence, and I'll give it a couple of more chances. Nick looked kind of rough though. The beard doesn't really suit him, and he looked a bit too thin. I didn't remember his New England accent being that strong on GA either.

• Love 2

I miss Nick on Ghost Adventures, which is funny because he was always my least favourite on the show. It was always Aaron, followed by Zak and then Nick. And not because I think Nick is a bad guy, he was always just so low key he was almost overlooked by me.

But now that he's gone, I miss the chemistry all three had with one another. It really was the 'dude, bro' show. And since Nick left, there's a gap there that Billy and Jay just can't fill. I don't know what happened behind the scenes with those three but I'm sad it cost us one of the original members of the team. And I still have yet to warm up to Billy or Jay.

• Love 2

Yeah, that Seattle haunted house ep was so obviously a hoax.

I accidentally saw a rerun of this episode and I couldn't stop laughing at the "tough guy" investigators walking around an empty house trying to pick a fight with ghost.

• Love 1

Am I crazy, or is Nick in this show as well? They don't mention him, and no one is listed on the cast page (there's also no IMDB page.) It sounds just like him to me, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't mention it prominently in the intro, even if he was only brought in as an expert and not there for the whole show.

Also, I wonder if Nick won’t work with Katrina again after the Hillsdale house episode.  The house had a demonic presence and it followed Nick home.  He has a wife and child.  Just wondering...and what the hell was she thinking?  

Short interview with Zak on Dread Central - four more episodes from this current season air starting next month. They are currently filming next season. Episodes include one about the building that houses this alleged museum, and a return to the Winchester Mystery House. Nothing else of note, and despite appearances, there isn't a video, just quotes from the interview shown over spooky music.

Black Dahlia House is on now. I will never not love "Figeyora?" "Oh that's so cute!"

• Love 2

I still haven't been able to watch any of these episodes here in Canada.

Tonight dTour aired an episode of Ghost Adventures: Aftershocks. Not sure if it was new, but I had never seen it, so it was new to me, heh.

There was a new "aftershocks" this past weekend but I guess it wasn't very good b/c I no longer remember what it was about. OK, I do remember there was this mental guy who worked there but had since been fired for unspecified reasons, I assume were related to him pestering the ghosts instead of doing his job.

• Love 1

Tonight: Zach getting told off by the former owner of Moon River Brewing Company in Savannah, Georgia about his behavior years before yelling at a ghost to manifest itself.  Then tells Zach how ghosts think and the risks (possible death) are a real possibility. It was kind of brilliant.  Bad scene at that Brewing Company, by the way. Like really bad. People dying.

• Love 1

Still no Ghost Adventures in Canada and we haven't gotten the new season of Paranormal Witness either. WTF, Network TV? It's 2016 and it's ridiculous I can't watch these shows along with my neighbours to the south.

Yes, it was lame. But nothing - I mean nothing - can top the aliens episode. I can't even. Every single person on it needs serious, sustained, professional help. But, the new season starts next month. Woo!

On August 7, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Ananayel said:

Yes, it was lame. But nothing - I mean nothing - can top the aliens episode. I can't even. Every single person on it needs serious, sustained, professional help. But, the new season starts next month. Woo!

Did I miss this?!  What season did it air and do you remember the name of the episode?  

It was the next to last episode (I think) of the most recent season. If you have on-demand you should be able to see it. It's called Stardust Ranch, and it's a doozy.

ETA: Supposed to reair Friday 8-26 at 5:00 pm.

Edited by Ananayel

Thanks!  If it is not ON DEMAND I will catch on Friday.

They’ve had some pretty active cases this past season.  I do wonder sometimes how real it is but it is certainly entertaining when they are communicating with the spirits.  How real was it when one of the guys got a hole in his shirt from the little person in prison who smoked cigars.  That was pretty freaky.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:00 PM, Ananayel said:

Yes, it was lame. But nothing - I mean nothing - can top the aliens episode. I can't even. Every single person on it needs serious, sustained, professional help.

How did I miss that one? That sounds over the top!

Last week's new ep was an "aftershocks" featuring that asylum with the ghost of a seven foot tall man. That's all I remember.

To all of you who watch this show, do not ever watch the After Shocks show where they bring in the doll.  One poster wrote about watching it and becoming haunted after seeing the doll’s face.  The owner brought in the doll with a sack over its head for good reason but then, stupidly, the sack is taken off and there are a few shots of the doll’s face. I wonder if Zac had anything happen to him afterwards. 

I just watched the aliens episode.  The set up was more interesting than their own testing.  There should be an After Shocks show, or at least some kind of mention if anyone appearing on that show had anything happen to them afterwards.

As someone who's been interested in the whole UFO phenomena since a young age, I was really appalled by the Stardust Ranch episode, which gave air time (and credibility) to the kind of people responsible for making any serious discussion of UFOs almost impossible. Shows like this one confirm the stereotype that people who report UFO sightings and encounters with aliens are a bunch of mentally unhinged hillbillies. And the fact that the ranch owner possesses an AK-47, as part of what I'm sure is a large military arsenal, makes the whole thing pretty scary.

I think that in the past Zac and his cronies could be accused of encouraging the delusions of people who need psychological help. But in this episode they're giving credibility to a guy who slashes "grey aliens" with a samurai sword and blasts away into the sky with his AK-47 at fleeing spaceships. How long before he kills some "extraterrestrial" who turns out to be a FedEx delivery man?

On another note, I just read that lawyers in some states are seriously discussing making disclosure of ghostly activity a requirement when selling a house, as sellers now have to do with, for example, a leaky basement. And if the new owners claim a house is haunted when there hasn't been disclosure, they could bring suit to rescind the sale.

I can just imagine a judge voiding a million dollar real estate transaction on the kind of "evidence" that Ghost Adventures presents, like garbled EVPs,  spirit box recordings, and videos of streaking "energy orbs." Not to mention testimony that "I felt an evil presence," or "suddenly my whole body went numb." (felt cold, felt hot, started tingling etc.)

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, bluepiano said:

I can just imagine a judge voiding a million dollar real estate transaction on the kind of "evidence" that Ghost Adventures presents, like garbled EVPs,  spirit box recordings, and videos of streaking "energy orbs." Not to mention testimony that "I felt an evil presence," or "suddenly my whole body went numb." (felt cold, felt hot, started tingling etc.)

In essence, that's what they people who lived in that purported haunted house in Amityville, NY did.  They got in over their head with the house, so they made up an elaborate story and it was all plausible due to the Defalco murders.  Instant millionaires! 

6 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

In essence, that's what they people who lived in that purported haunted house in Amityville, NY did.  They got in over their head with the house, so they made up an elaborate story and it was all plausible due to the Defalco murders.  Instant millionaires! 

My guess would be that the publishers knew it was all BS, but realized they could make a mint by marketing it as a "true story." But trying to prove that your house is haunted in court would be a whole other thing. What would they do, call Aaron Goodwin as an expert witness?  "Dude, I walked into the house and holy shit, every hair on the back of my arm was standing on end."

• Love 1

Everyone involved knew it was BS. There's a show that reruns occasionally on Reelz that lays all that out. DeFeo's lawyer was trying for an insanity defense, and it got spun as "possession." The Lutzes were in over their head, and seized on that to get out from under, not to mention the book/movie deal. I may be misremembering the timeline a bit, in that I can't remember if DeFeo had been convicted at the time they bought the house, but it was definitely a load of hooey.

I wonder who at the company that produces GA comes up with locations like Stardust Ranch. Zak seemed to be coming at it from the "what if it's a demon impersonating an alien" or "what if it's a demon, but because of UFO activity in the area we attribute it to aliens." And then he was overtaken by the sheer WTFness of it all. He didn't seem to have any idea they'd go so far astray from their mission.

22 hours ago, bluepiano said:

On another note, I just read that lawyers in some states are seriously discussing making disclosure of ghostly activity a requirement when selling a house, as sellers now have to do with, for example, a leaky basement. And if the new owners claim a house is haunted when there hasn't been disclosure, they could bring suit to rescind the sale.

I so agree.  Many states have a ‘if someone died in the house within the past 5 years’ clause or something; useless if a house is 100 years old.  

18 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

Back when it happened, there had been a lot of articles in the newspapers about the house and the address had probably printed. When I was a teenager, my dad took me to see the house. It was empty at the time. We sat in the car, I saw a doberman in a top window looking down at us.  I didn’t understand this kind of stuff at the time but I asked my dad if he saw the dog. He said no. Ha!

Years later I thought about it and figured the dog was there keep away prowlers. 

Edited by PBSLover
12 hours ago, Ananayel said:

I wonder who at the company that produces GA comes up with locations like Stardust Ranch. Zak seemed to be coming at it from the "what if it's a demon impersonating an alien" or "what if it's a demon, but because of UFO activity in the area we attribute it to aliens." And then he was overtaken by the sheer WTFness of it all. He didn't seem to have any idea they'd go so far astray from their mission.

Yeah, so now in addition to "is it a demon pretending to be a ghost" we can add "is it a demon pretending to be an alien pretending to be a ghost," or " an alien pretending to be a demon pretending to be a ghost" and on and on. I guess plain old demons and ghosts were getting old hat.

I give credit to Zach for pretending to take the whole thing seriously when the Stardust Ranch guy talked about chopping down greys with his sword. Of course all evidence of the bodies disappeared and the doctor (did he say it was a vet?) who performed the "autopsies" and discovered the aliens were plant life was mysteriously killed. Probably by Men in Black.

The only interesting thing about the show to me was the interview with Travis Walton, whose story of alien abduction remains to this day one of less than a handful out of literally thousands that has stood the test of time, and not been debunked as a hoax or the product of a seriously deluded mind. I bet he didn't know he was going to be on the same show as the Stardust Ranch loony, which didn't do anything for his credibility.

Just watched the episode about Zach's "museum," sure to become one of the top tourist attractions in Vegas. Or not.

Edited by bluepiano
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:04 AM, bluepiano said:

The only interesting thing about the show to me was the interview with Travis Walton, whose story of alien abduction remains to this day one of less than a handful out of literally thousands that has stood the test of time, and not been debunked as a hoax or the product of a seriously deluded mind.

The Travis Walton story was debunked years ago. If memory serves, they underbid a logging contract and concocted the story to get out of the contract under the "act of gawd" clause and win prize money from the National Enquirer. The family had a long history of being UFO enthusiasts and none of them were upset about Travis going missing.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Whitley Streiter wrote about his abductions, if anyone is interested.  The book is titled Communion.  Very creepy and real.

Whitley Streiter is a failed novelist who became successful by marketing his stories as being real.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 0:50 PM, Ananayel said:

It was the next to last episode (I think) of the most recent season. If you have on-demand you should be able to see it. It's called Stardust Ranch, and it's a doozy.

ETA: Supposed to reair Friday 8-26 at 5:00 pm.

I was just about to mention I saw that Friday evening!  Holy crap, you all weren't kidding about this!

They're finally starting to air new episodes in Canada. I caught the Scientology one tonight. I'm not sure what to say about it, other than I'm happy not to have to deal with repeats for awhile. I missed the Black Dahlia one last week, but it's supposed to air again in the next couple of weeks, and I set my PVR to record it.

For the supposed 'star' of the show, Zak sure loves to hide out in nerve center while sending everyone else to investigate.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:23 PM, bluepiano said:

As someone who's been interested in the whole UFO phenomena since a young age, I was really appalled by the Stardust Ranch episode, which gave air time (and credibility) to the kind of people responsible for making any serious discussion of UFOs almost impossible. Shows like this one confirm the stereotype that people who report UFO sightings and encounters with aliens are a bunch of mentally unhinged hillbillies. And the fact that the ranch owner possesses an AK-47, as part of what I'm sure is a large military arsenal, makes the whole thing pretty scary.

I think that in the past Zac and his cronies could be accused of encouraging the delusions of people who need psychological help. But in this episode they're giving credibility to a guy who slashes "grey aliens" with a samurai sword and blasts away into the sky with his AK-47 at fleeing spaceships. How long before he kills some "extraterrestrial" who turns out to be a FedEx delivery man?

That's right. In CA, they have to disclose it if it happened in the last three years. I notice there was a house where the man killed his wife in the garage OVER three years ago. It was under deposit, then it wasn't! I betcha they found out through another source!

• Love 1

New episodes (season 13!) start on Sept. 24. Colorado Gold Mine, where they encounter a "tommyknocker."

The episode from Seattle with the Fakey McFakersons and their supposed demon infested house was on over the weekend. I do love that, because every bit of it calls them out for being big fat fakers, without actually using those words.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:37 AM, Ubiquitous said:

The Travis Walton story was debunked years ago. If memory serves, they underbid a logging contract and concocted the story to get out of the contract under the "act of gawd" clause and win prize money from the National Enquirer. The family had a long history of being UFO enthusiasts and none of them were upset about Travis going missing.

The business about getting out of the logging contact was proposed as a possible motivation for concocting the story, but that's not the same thing as debunking it.

13 hours ago, Psherryred1 said:

That's right. In CA, they have to disclose it if it happened in the last three years. I notice there was a house where the man killed his wife in the garage OVER three years ago. It was under deposit, then it wasn't! I betcha they found out through another source!

Was it reported that “someone” is living there?

Edited by PBSLover

I watched the Back Dahlia episode tonight. That house is super creepy. I hate the outside of it and the inside is no better. It's so dark and oppressive looking, I'm not shocked it might have been the site of a couple of murders.