Type keyword(s) to search

Ghost Adventures - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I really want to know why Zak is so insistent that it's so scandalous and unfair to mention that Andrew Borden may have been a sexual predator, because "he can't defend himsefl." The sad nutcase he was talking to is by no means the first to broach that subject, and yes, there is no concrete evidence, but highly qualified LE profilers have put it forth as a real possibility. I don't recall Zak having the same scruples about trying to preserve the posthumous reputatons of other ghosts. And I have to check out the "new" Borden material that shows that the Borden family had "dignity," so therefore Lizzie didn't do it, or something. The Borden family was a spiteful, secretive, resentful mess, so Zak's weirdness about this is quite odd. All three of those women may be legit bonkers. but the psychic was clearly traumatized, and I thought Zak was fairly rude to her. He's usually much more sensitive when people are relating their terrible experiences. And he didn't seem to get that, if her story is true - and he's supposed to believe such things are possible - it only bolsters the case of ABorden as a sexual predator.

I thought the Queen Mary had been pretty thoroughly debunked, so I'm a bit disappointed that's what's kicking off the new season, but maybe I'm wrong. Oh, and bite me Time Warner! They have the Lizzie Aftershocks up On Demand right away, but still no Yorktown. Grrrr.

• Love 2

I thought the titillating bit was that she committed the murders nude, but it's been a very long time since I've seen it.

There's a show called Lizzie Borden Had an Axe, which airs this Wed. on Destination America, which might be the one I'm thinking of. In any case, it was a show that has aired on a station like DA, and fairly recently, that covers that theory. There almost certainly wouldn't be direct evidence for the incest theory, since it would require recorded confessions from Andrew or Lizzie, or recorded statements from an eyewitness like the maid perhaps. But the profile did seem to fit, and since I believe Lizzie did it, and I think they did as well, it's an attempt to figure out why she did it. To me, she's "innocent" like OJ was "innocent," and if not for her Dream Team she'd have been quite convicted, so Zak's pearl-clutching over the Bordens' delicate sensibilities and sterling reputation is decidedly odd.

Edited by Ananayel

I thought the titillating bit was that she committed the murders nude, but it's been a very long time since I've seen it.

Yeah, that too. I've since forgotten why the incest and necrophilia angles were ruled out, but I'm sure she, like OJ, did it.

If memory serves, Lizzie Borden Had an Axe was originally on Lifetime or another women's channel.

Necrophilia?! I hadn't heard that one! I wonder what Zak would make of that!

And now it's been moved to Tuesday 10/7 at 3:00pm on DestAmer. It always seems to be paired with that Jack the Ripper in America show. I haven't seen The Legend of Lizzie Borden air on tv in a very long time, but I'd like to see it again now.

It looks like this is what Zak was referring to, about the new evidence. Still not convinced, because really, is Borden going to go around town being an ass about or to his family? Everyone at that time was extremely conscious of what they presented to the world, and words are cheap. If they are ever transcribed and published, I'll give it more consideration at that point.

There's also a thread about GA on the Lizzie Borden Society forum

Only half an hour before Queen Mary cheestasticness!

I have not watched this show in a very long time, but tonight I caught a few eps. Did not see the season 10 premiere which was on tonight. There's only so much of this I can watch. These guys are hilarious. I'd forgotten how jerky Zak can be. When did he stop/start wearing the big ugly glasses? A few of the eps I saw tonight were more recent and he wasn't wearing them. Last time I watched this with any sort of consistency he was wearing the glasses.

What drives me nuts about this show is the amount of the commercials. There seems to be more commercials than show. And that white noise box. When they replay the recording about 10 times I get a headache listening to the loud white noise, the loud conversations ad infinium just to hear supposedly ghostly voices saying such things as "drop the rope."

A Paranormal Puck. PARANORMAL PUCK?!  Now they're just taking the piss. Seriously.And when did Debby Constantino become a "psychic medium" instead of just an EVP expert? We sure didn't see her do anything she doesn't normally do when she goes on investigations. And where was Mark, since this ship was so big they needed extra people? Debby's OTT Jersey Shore aesthetic is bad enough in regular light, but it's absolutely terrifying in night vision. Activity-wise, same old same old.

Zak goes back and forth on the hideous glasses and scraggly facial hair. Judging by his Vines, he's in a scraggly facial hair phase right now. He's a good looking man, I don't know why he makes himself look horrible by doing that.

Woo! DVDTalk says The Legend of Lizzie Borden is finally released on dvd!

Edited by Ananayel

Oh, the usual. Noises, footsteps, incomprehensible EVPs,  random words coming through the "paranormal puck" which are then twisted and tortured into whatever story Zak is trying to convince us of. Little girl's voice, but since it's Zak, it can't just be a little girl ghost, it has to be a demon posing as a child ghost. Bonuses: random friends of psychic Peter James, bringing his old jackets as trigger objects, and Jay/Billy entrusted with the "paranormal puck," which is like the Spectral Speak'n'Spell, but without the speak part - this types. Aaron made The Soup this week.

The Queen Mary is currently promoting its Dark Harbor event, and I've never believed it's actually haunted. Just another way to promote itself now that it has to fill rooms/seats. And since I'm fairly sure they wouldn't have been able to close the whole thing down for their investigations, you have power, heating/ventilation, plumbing, electronics, and lots of other people around, so what was the point of this, in the end. Nothing they found could possibly stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever under those conditions.

• Love 1

I don't think it's the same house. I think he's doing a separate documentary on that.

Aaron has posted a vlog about their Leap Castle trip.

It's hilarious. Zak mangles the pronunciation of "oubliette" in about six different ways, and besides the stupid facial hair, he's obviously gone back to the Fake Bake. He's standing next to Nick, who has a perfectly normal skin tone, and it's super obvious. Even if you couldn't see that his neck and hands are a completely different color, it would be obvious. I can't wait for this one.

• Love 1

More demons! Demons everywhere! So Zak's still working on the documentary about the house he bought.

And a heads up - new episode is tonight, because Halloween, not tomorrow. Irish ghosties! Maybe they'll be drunk on Irish whiskey. Kind of sucks, because tonight I have TAR, Grimm, and Constantine, and tomorrow only Doctor Who. I guess the On Demand is going to be getting a workout...

Okay, I'll admit it - I love this show. I love all paranormal programs but this is my favorite.

I feel that this season is starting off to be the best one yet. Creepy doll island was insane! I don't think I would have been able to get off the boat at all.

That Loftus House was very very creepy.  I actually saw the mist behind Zak...usually I don't see it.  And that door closing? Yeesh...

Good episode tonight.  I Tivoed my other stuff so my daughter and I could be scared on Halloween

Poor Aaron - always the one left alone in the super creepy places, and now groped by the devil himself! I have to watch this again on demand, since I was having to surf back and forth, and I fear I missed a lot of dramaticals.

I watched the Exorcist house ep. right after this, and Zak was completely able to say "Ouija" correctly. But in the Zozo and one other recent ep, he keeps saying "uh-wee-jee," I mean, don't get me started on how the letter "a" is given an "ee" sound, but he was saying it right! Why does his mouth fall apart like this? He used to be able to say "toward" as well, now it's "torrord" or some other garbled mess. And "mare-kree" will never get old.

Edited by Ananayel
  • Love 1

I've quit watching this show because I just can't deal with the stupidity, there was a time I laughed, but I don't bother anymore.  

Last night my dog was next to me on the bed talking - he's really quite mouthy and I realized that that was what EVPs sound like to me. A dog talking - can't understand a darn thing, but he likes to talk.

Now's your chance, folks, if you have $439K lying around. The Zak Lair is for sale. Frankly, it looks awful. Cold, sterile, uncomfortable. But I guess it's bachelor-paddy, and he travels a lot anyway. But a chrome toilet? Really? I covet the closet though.

And it's official. I'm linking to the Reddit thread, which has links to the relevant tweets etc., as well as the usual speculation. I'd thought this was coming for a while - he's now got two young children, lives across the country from Zak and Aaron, and has begun branching out into producing other things. I couldn't blame him if he just got tired of dealing with Zak as well - Aaron always felt more compatible with Zak personality-wise, especially as Zak got douchier and douchier.

Not to mention his new ventures would allow him to be home more and pursue other interests as well. He may have simply felt it was time to move on or there may have been a blowup. For sure Nick has much different priorities now as a dad with two kids while the others (as far as I know) are not married and no kids. Regardless i will keep watching GA and I will keep following Nick as he goes on a new path

Maybe I'm wrong, and need to take another scoot round the wikigoogle, but I thought the Bell Witch had been discredited. I mean, it's not like that's stopped them before (coughRose Hallcough) and I've never heard of a cave, certainly not one with 30,000 year old Indian graves above it.

This was actually quite weird, without Nick. He must have split from them a long time ago, since he only announced his departure last month and this would have to have been filmed much longer ago than that. Everything just felt off somehow.

I do wish Zak would shave that garbage off his face, and there were a couple of shots where it looked like he was pregnant. Maybe he was eating his feelings about the Nick situation. Oh, and his demon house documentary has wrapped, and he's saying it will air in the fall.

Edited by Ananayel
  • Love 1

This show is becoming hilarious. Now they're doing their background interviews in the dark, with just a few atmospherically placed candles around. And how many times have we had this scenario:

Traumatized person: "I'll never go back in that place again, ever."

Zak: "So, would you go back in that place?"

Traumatized person: "Okay."

The woozy young psychic was a nice touch. But forgive me for being all skeptical about places that have tour guides. Who owns the Sallie House? How much money is this haunted business bringing in?

And at this point, I'm mostly just watching to see how many times Zak pronounces "toward" as "torrorrd." He used to be able to say it! Why hasn't one of the other producers or editors taken him aside and pointed out that he looks like a moron? Is he that big a douche that they don't care that he looks like a moron? I swear, it's driving me crazy.

Edited by Ananayel
  • Love 2

We're still in Season 10. It's hard to tell, because they take so many long breaks, but still officially Season 10. 

I'm a bit confused though, because my listings show a new episode of Leap Castle next week, and I could swear that was the Halloween special that already aired. If they break that into two pieces and call it two new episodes, well, that just could not be more lazy.

And I don't even know where to begin about this one. The title was Apache Junction, but they kept calling it Goldfield. Zak Bagans: Brothel Inspector (!?) Investigators asking ghost for sexual favors (!?) As soon as they brought out the "gas detector," and the stupid "scientific" explanation of how it worked, I figured it would be useless for anything except possibly detecting farts. Two minutes later, it detected a fart. Too bad I have to wait nearly a week to see if that makes The Soup. This is fast becoming a parody of itself. No wonder Nick bailed.

So sad that this thread isn't more active. In the show's infancy, it was my favorite to watch in an altered state, so I have sort of a bizarre nostalgia for it.

Anyways, I just watched the episode where they visit the Birdcage again.  Five minutes in I told my viewing partner, "Watch, they'll get a woman to dress up as a prostitute as a trigger object. Sure enough...

Irritated by how that whole thing went down. Women can be (and are often) used as "trigger objects" but not as actual investigators? Come on, dudebro you can do better than this. Not to mention, how creepy was it that he pulled a woman from the crew to "wear a floozy dress". Methinks he was fulfilling a personal fantasy there! The camera person should be a respected crew member, and not be asked by the star of the show to romp around in a skimpy dress saying lines like, "Hey fellas, wanna have a good time?" and literally given as a "gift" to the ghosts. The dialogue was even more sexist/gross than that, but I'll leave it at that. Then, Zach hits up the brothel area and says," Can I rent you? How much for a good time? What's your name?" Zach was just rude to those ghosts. At least Zach had a tiny minute of introspection when he said, 'Wow, we're asking girls to dress up and sending them into a hotel in the hopes they get groped on TV.' (Paraphrased.) And then there was Zach reminding everyone how a "female" ghost grabbed his junk last time they were there.

Other than that, the episode was okay. Stick Figure danced on top of a table, which was probably the highlight of the episode. (Can you see now why I used to watch this show inebriated?) Zach made Aaron go into the creepiest part of the place  (Swampman's cave) alone, then proceeded to leave him there forever. There was a shitty EVP that was used to jump to completely random conclusions.  So, it was basically the same as most other episodes.

Moving on, I saw another episode tonight (I believe a season 9 episode) where they filmed at Keith's house (not sure of the location). Did anyone else see this? It was probably the strangest episode I've ever seen, and its been bugging me because I know I've seen Keith before.

• Love 1

That wasn't just a random woman, that was Jay's wife! I'm sure she's used to their shenanigans by now - not that it still isn't wrong or creepy for sure.

The most recent one was the Demon in Seattle. Which wasn't so much a demon as a complete and total hoax, possibly perpetrated by a mentally unstable individual. The male half of the couple was named Keith. Even the clowns at the Zozo house did a better job of fakery than this nonsense. I actually like that they didn't find anything at all, didn't bother to even pretend to find anything, and made it clear that the only "negative" feelings they got were when they were around the creepy girlfriend. Since they were renting, I can't imagine what they hoped to get out of this - get out of the lease maybe? Did the girlfriend want to move to a nicer place, and was trying to force his hand into moving? I have no idea. But Keith apparently called into Dave Schrader's radio show, and doubled down on the BS. Schrader didn't even pretend to believe him.

I thought Zak had had a change of heart regarding provoking the spirits, but some of that seems to be creeping back into the newer eps. I wonder if the change of heart on the front was due to Nick, and with Nick gone, Zak's going back to his old ways. Zak also has a second book out, which I'll be acquiring shortly.

Yeah, that Seattle haunted house ep was so obviously a hoax.

Ok this ep creeped me right the F### out. I dont even want to type the name of the demon. Question: is this the house Zak had bought in the Midwest?

Hey! They did a followup to Zozo this week!
  • Love 1

Zozo followup:

I'm no more convinced now than I was then that they're on the level. Such fake business, and I think they're as messed up in the head as the Seattle folks, just not as obvious about it. I think they're trying to get a movie deal, like the Lutzes did for Amityville. Or, at least he is. I think the wife and the other guy are just extremely susceptible to his manipulation. And while I did enjoy watching Zak squirm a bit, I hope the rest of their investigations don't lead to a bunch of childish whining after the fact about not being provided a "spiritual cleanse." It's called Craigslist - you feel you need one, then get one. Knock yourself out.

Katies' bar:

I still have no idea what this guy hoped to accomplish by having them come. They documented some evidence, but obviously he had more, since he's there all the time. He said he wanted their "help,' but with what, exactly? And more whining about spiritual cleansing. Sigh.

I understand why they do Aftershocks, because it's "new," cheap, and fills the timeslot, but I don't like them very much. I'm glad they abandoned Extra Pulses though - that was just stupid, and on smaller or standard def. tvs, you couldn't read any of the little popups.

Edited by Ananayel

I take back what I said above about Aftershocks, simply because it gave me this: Barry Taff calling out David Oman as being a "volatile" weirdo with "anger management issues" who had "grossly misrepresented" what was going on in his house. And then! Zak brought David Oman out to sit next to Taff, and Oman proceeded to prove him right! I live. Now, Taff may or may not be a fraud as well, but if it's true that the geomagnetic field there is off the charts and can have severe negative effects on people, that's at least measureable, and provides an explanation for what people are experiencing that doesn't involve dragging up a decades-old famous tragedy for fun and profit.

Linda Vista Hospital is apparently apartments now. But it didn't look like I was going to get a clip of their shenanigans during that segment, so I switched over to Drag Race reruns.

New episode next week, allegedly.

Edited by Ananayel

This week was an "Extra Pulses" ep about the Bell Witch Caves investigation. Am I correct in assuming the only thing "new" about it is the Twitter pop-ups? Oh! I see Dildo Baggins introduced something new: the Stereo Spectral Speak 'n' say!

I guess I should be thankful it's not another "Aftershocks" ep, since they all seem to be about how Zak dramatically increased paranormal activity after his investigation and how someone's life was destroyed b/c they became possessed, err, obsessed with doing investigations at the site.

I thought they were done with Extra Pulses, since it's Extra Lame. But I guess not. The only new things are the popups of tweets and "insider" facts. But I can't see those because my screen is too small, so they're just an annoyance. Tonight is Extra Pulses Sallie House.

If you haven't watched the Aftershocks with David Oman, I heartily recommend it. It's the only one I recommend, but still. It was kind of awesome. I think my Time Warner still has it up on demand, maybe I'll check it out again. If they ever do one about that loser in Seattle who faked everything, I'll be right there, but I doubt he would ever agree to come on.

They started filming episodes for Season 11 recently. It will air in August, supposedly.

I'm not normally a fan of the Extra Pulses nonsense, but tonight's is the Demons in Seattle. I think I'll actually pull the chair up a bit closer to the tv so I can read the itty bitty popups, and I hope they let Hoaxie Hoaxerson and his crackpot girlfriend have it, like they did in other interviews after this aired.

I'm not normally a fan of the Extra Pulses nonsense, but tonight's is the Demons in Seattle. I think I'll actually pull the chair up a bit closer to the tv so I can read the itty bitty popups, and I hope they let Hoaxie Hoaxerson and his crackpot girlfriend have it, like they did in other interviews after this aired.

Did you see anything interresting? My TV is too small and I need cataract surgery so it's impossible for me to read them. More to the point, why do this obvious hoax?

It was quite disappointing. They only popped up a few skeptical tweets, and more than a few "why would they hoax this?" ones. As to why they would bother in the first place, maybe they're running out of places to investigate after this many years, or maybe they felt it would be good to go to someplace so obviously haunted only by humans and find nothing, thereby silencing any critics who miight be claiming they find "evidence" everywhere they go. Or maybe they knew that whackass new invention of Bill Chappell's was going to be a mess, and they wanted to use it someplace where the fact that it wouldn't work at all would actually work in their favor. Or maybe all three. I guess I just have to hope now that Keith and Tina turn up on an Aftershocks episode, and get raked over the coals at that point. But after those interviews Dave Schrader gave, that probably won't happen.

Season 11 begins August 22. Highlights included in the article. Once again, the majority of the investigations are in the western half of the US, and I didn't see any foreign locations. The budget, she be gettin' smaller, it seems. Perhaps if they were to ditch some of the gaggle of people who trail around with them or are acquired in each place (re-enactors and the crew to make cheesy "dramatic" segments, anyone?) they could afford more episodes in more varied locations. Sigh, Still going to watch though....

• Love 2

Tonight's ep was an "aftershocks" one.

● In the first half, they tried to convince this disturbed 16 year old to quit visiting the Magnolia Hotel ( AKA Hotel Hell ) after being banned and exhibiting strange behavior.

● In the second half, they followed up on the Sloss Factory and saw a couple vids someone took of a headless man with missing arms. As usual, I couldn't make it out, even though he "enhanced" the image.

Edited by Ubiquitous

Awee come on!  There was no love here for last night's two-hour Halloween episode???  My favorite part was when Zak and his interview subject (don't remember his name) expressed their hatered of each other.  I was literally LOL!!!!

• Love 3