Type keyword(s) to search

Hairspray Live! (NBC) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

She's probably just nervous....hopefully she'll settle in. 

It doesn't help that her microphone cut out twice during the first song.  

The good news is the live audience is in the bleachers and not directly in the scenes which I found to be THE BIG distraction in Grease Live.  Bad news, while I like Darren Criss, having him be the host throughout is going to be the distraction here.  Not needed. 

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 3

Thanks, I didn't recognize him.  Maddie doesn't seem to have Nikki's charm, but maybe it'll shine through once she relaxes a bit.  It's hard enough being 'newly discovered' for a movie but for a live TV movie?  That's got to be pretty terrifying.

• Love 3

It's hard enough being 'newly discovered' for a movie but for a live TV movie?  That's got to be pretty terrifying.

Especially when you're surrounded by Broadway vets, and one happens to be the one who wrote the book! 

2 minutes ago, Sara2009 said:

I'm not sure why they gave it to Corny in this, though.

Probably to justify whatever money they were paying Derek to be in it.  Also, they hired him to dance, so I'm sure giving him a big number justified it.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

I really wish they had cast Matthew Morrison as Corny.  Especially with an extra song. 

Well, at least the " Hairspray"medley that he does at his solo shows is on YouTube.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Bewitched said:

I really wish they had cast Matthew Morrison as Corny.  Especially with an extra song. 

I think they should have cast Matthew Morrison as Corny and pushed Derek Hough to Link. 

Garrett Clayton is like a Ken doll. Pretty, but plastic and ultimately uninteresting. Also, I'm distracted by his blush. It's not really helping to dispel the gay vibes.

Kristen Chenoweth is amazing.

• Love 6

I'll say this for Derek Hough, he is exactly whitebread enough for this.

HAHAH Corny was white bread! I am however missing James Marsden's glinty toothy smile (although Derek comes close)

I'm so happy to see my fellow theater geek-types on here.

The guy playing Link reminds me of the guy that played Conrad Birdie in the original movie version of Bye Bye Birdie but way more delicate.

• Love 2