Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Party

Thank god we only have three shows left to put us and this show out of its misery.

Will comes back vis a vis the old Dallas show to ride off into the sunset with Alicia.

Cary jets off to some island to join Kalinda  where they live happily ever after.

Peter weasels his way out of his predicament.

Eli says screw this and flies to CA to be with is love.

• Love 10

Of course, Cary hires Canning to represent him because there are no other attorneys or law firms anywhere.

When Jason first talked to the ASA, detective and lab tech, I thought Peter Florrick was the dumbest man to ever live except that no one could possibly be that stupid.

So Peter is being set up?

Alicia is now in love with Jason or thinks she is?

Diane does want an all female partnership law firm, and David Lee agrees with this because he will supposedly make just as much as if not more money.  One of the female attorneys, Alicia Florrick, did not practice law for years, and she has been involved in several scandals.  Her husband who she is about to divorce is being charged with corruption again.  The other attorney, Diane Lockhart, was once considered one of the top attorneys in the state, but she has spent the last several years flip flopping from law firm to law firm.  Yeah I'm sure Lockhart Florrick will be the greatest law firm ever.  {face palm}

When Peter told Eli he had Kurt do ballistic tests on the missing bullets, I just knew everyone was going to be sharing adjoining prison cells.

• Love 9

I wanted to see Zack return, and then he did, and he was given the worst plot ever.  The annoying girlfriend.  This show used to do this allllllll the time with Will.  They must have a Rolodex of ideas to return to, as old as the Rolodex itself.

Every week an episode airs, and everyone kind of shits on it, but I'm like "Hmm I actually enjoyed this one."  This one was awful, boring, a waste, and who cares.  I didn't like it.  I felt envious of GoT fans.

• Love 8

Except for the Jason/Alicia love story (very teen, soap-opera-ish), I thought this was a good episode.  Fun to see some of the long-time recurring characters. I like that we're getting more info on the Peter case.  But it is kind of odd that the show is now playing it like Peter's completely innocent...just a complete turnaround from last week when he was acting guilty.  I was a little confused on the Alicia/Peter divorce news getting out and how David Lee came to know about it?  Wouldn't he and Diane be concerned that having Alicia Florrick as a name partner won't mean as much when the Florricks get divorced?

I don't quite follow Alicia's connection to Lloyd Garber and why it's so important that she had waived spousal privilege in the grand jury proceedings.  Does anyone know if the Garber stuff has been mentioned in previous seasons?  

Anyway, good episode.  It makes me a little sad that this was probably the last time we'll see some of the Florrick relatives (Alicia's mother and brother, Peter's mother, the kids) and Marissa too.  This was a really really good show for so long with great casting.  

• Love 6

Alicia is like some sort of robot - with inappropriate/bizarre reactions to situations, etc.  Just weird.  She's coming off as a shell shocked victim - 

And, what's the big deal with the joke of the acres on the moon?  The fact that she didn't get it immediately is - again - weird.  Yeah, not the moment to hand it over but so what?  

So - I don't get why she likes him and I really don't get why he likes her.  

The fantasy of the kid moving to France is so ridiculous - good luck with getting that visa fella!  The "wife" is not a French citizen - I hate when shows screw this sort of stuff up so royally.

And, Jackie is never going to see the mother of her grandchildren again?

Who is writing this crap? 

If she ends up with Peter - well, I wouldn't be surprised but I don't care one way or the other.

• Love 11

And, what's the big deal with the joke of the acres on the moon?  The fact that she didn't get it immediately is - again - weird.  Yeah, not the moment to hand it over but so what?  

And, Jackie is never going to see the mother of her grandchildren again?

I think it might have been Mars.

And yes, to your second point.  That's what I immediately thought of too.  Just so incredibly stupid.

The deed was for 500 acres on Mars.

Zack, good luck in getting married at 18 or 19 and moving to France. Maybe you should just go on a student work abroad program (like a working holiday) for a few months - you and your 'fiancee'.  With high unemployment and other issues in France, finding a job may be tough. You're better off going for a month long summer vacation to see if it works for you. Chances are you don't know much of the language and it will be a real culture shock.

I do like Diane and Kurt as a mature couple. Alicia and her investigator, not so much.

• Love 2

I was so bored by this episode I could only focus on superficial things. 

For a woman who is not classically pretty, CB steals every scene she's in. There's something about her that is incredibly attractive. Heck, I'm a straight woman and I wanted to take her home from that party.

What happened to poor Grace's face? Last time, she was on, she was a gorgeous young woman, but the makeup and the dark hair aged the poor thing by about 10 years. I was too distracted by trying to figure it out to focus on an otherwise boring episode.

Cory's looking really good. Is he already filming Logan 2.0? He looks younger.

Juliana Marguiles should put a clause in her contract to never be filmed from the back directly at her rear.

With 2 episodes left in the series, this was a self-indulgent waste of an hour. Zach's storyline is just silly. I'm only watching in the hopes the Florricks get their comeuppance and Cary finds Kalinda after he testifies at the trial. The fabulous Diane will obviously live happily ever after with her interesting husband and Eli can go to Vanessa Williams.  

• Love 8

I don't want to be mean but I wonder who thought it was a good idea to "outfit" Makenzie Vega with a new set of teeth. Man, they don't suit her now, but probably will in ten years or so. Gawd!!!

I noticed something was off about her. At first I thought she had plastic surgery. Then she was smiling so much, I thought she was high. After a few seconds of that, I realized she got new teeth. Like so many others that get work done, she looked better before.

Who throws/hosts a party only to sit in their bedroom and watch TV? Or let's discuss Zach's personal family matter at the party we are hosting?! Or let me leave the party I'm hosting so I can go outside to discuss my relationship with my boyfriend?! Or let me answer my phone so I can talk to the only other lawyer in Chicago about my husband's arrest and how it involves Cary?! None of those situations could have waited until the next morning?? Good grief, I hate this show!! I'm so glad there are only 2 episodes left.

• Love 2

I don't quite follow Alicia's connection to Lloyd Garber and why it's so important that she had waived spousal privilege in the grand jury proceedings.  Does anyone know if the Garber stuff has been mentioned in previous seasons?  

She has none. Garber was never mentioned until a few episodes ago. Neither was the murder trial. I don't know why Canning's bringing up spousal privilege. Either it's Chekhov's lawyering that's going to go off in the next two episodes or they wanted to have Canning do a particularly Canning-y thing for his final appearance. 

Zack, good luck in getting married at 18 or 19 and moving to France. Maybe you should just go on a student work abroad program (like a working holiday) for a few months - you and your 'fiancee'.  With high unemployment and other issues in France, finding a job may be tough. You're better off going for a month long summer vacation to see if it works for you. 

Well yeah, that was the point - that Zach is young and stupid and behaving irresponsibly. Although of all the things he could do, taking a year off to travel to France isn't that bad. And he doesn't have to worry about the unemployment rate because Hannah has a job and he's going to write a novel. I mean, it's a dumb thing to do (which the show emphasised repeatedly), but he point was that Zach was being dumb. 

I think I'm the only poster here that likes this show, even though I'm glad it's ending because it's run its course. But I hate the summer-camp-skit-level parodies they do of popular cable dramas. They're aiming for snarky but landing on bitter. And it's a dumb way to fill out the runtime. Not much happened this episode anyway. It was wrapping things up: the family learns about the divorce, more will they or won't they with Alicia and Jason, we move some pieces for Peter's trial, but a button on Alicia's relationship with Jackie and Veronica, and signal that the interminable partnership drama is over. 

So! Cliffhanger. What's the deal with the lab tech? Apparently she's been ruining Peter's (and only Peter's) trials for the whole time he was SA? Did Connor buy her off? Jilted lover? (The show is soapy enough to do that)? Or is Peter actually guilty. I still think he did something so the show can justify Alicia leaving him for Jason. 

• Love 2

So was all the clunky death imagery in this about the death of their marriage? Because for a moment I thought they were going to kill off somebody, maybe even Alicia. Then I realised that was random.

I hate to break it to the writers but this marriage died years ago. You've just been refusing to declare Time of Death.

EDITED: because 'clanky' isn't a word

Edited by AudienceofOne
  • Love 1
(edited)

I watched Veep right before I watched TGW tonight and my main takeaway was that Gary Cole is on two different shows about politics and although one is a comedy and the other is a drama, Veep is far more enjoyable. It's sharper, it's funnier, it's smarter, and it's more acerbic. It's everything that TGW thinks it is. Instead of Eli banging into his desk for half a season, Veep has actual jokes.

When Jackie said she wouldn't be seeing Alicia again because she's divorcing Peter, I thought hey, there's an unexpected bonus from the divorce! I mean, realistically, Alicia will probably see Jackie at some holidays and around the office (since Jackie seems to enjoy coming to the firm and gazing adoringly at Howard) but hell, if Alicia knew that divorcing Peter would mean never seeing Jackie again she probably would have considered doing it years ago!

Zach is being a dumbass, but as Alicia said, it's his mistake to make. Nothing she or Peter say to him will change his mind. And once your kids are adults, it's up to them to make life choices. Yes, this is probably a huge mistake but at least he will be making his own mistake, not making a mistake based on obeying his parents.

I do not care about Alicia and Jason at all. And she is an idiot for kissing him in front of her building when she and Peter haven't announced their divorce yet. Anyone at their party could have looked out the window and seen her. A photographer or hell, some random person, could have taken a picture of her kissing Jason out on the street. If she's going to be as concerned with her image (as well as how it affect Peter enough that she is waiting until after his trial to officially divorce him) then at least have enough brain cells to realize that kissing a man in public is not exactly using the best discretion. Neither is discussing your divorce in the hallway of your apartment building where the neighbors or any party guests could overhear you.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5
I watched Veep right before I watched TGW tonight and my main takeaway was that Gary Cole is on two different shows about politics and although one is a comedy and the other is a drama, Veep is far more enjoyable. It's sharper, it's funnier, it's smarter, and it's more acerbic. It's everything that TGW thinks it is. Instead of Eli banging into his desk for half a season, Veep has actual jokes.

Also more honest and less self-indulgent. I would take Selina over Alicia every day.

• Love 5

I think I'm the only poster here that likes this show, even though I'm glad it's ending because it's run its course. But I hate the summer-camp-skit-level parodies they do of popular cable dramas. They're aiming for snarky but landing on bitter. And it's a dumb way to fill out the runtime. Not much happened this episode anyway. It was wrapping things up: the family learns about the divorce, more will they or won't they with Alicia and Jason, we move some pieces for Peter's trial, but a button on Alicia's relationship with Jackie and Veronica, and signal that the interminable partnership drama is over.

I actually enjoy the show too.  (I also don't give a crap about many of the things other posters seem to dwell endlessly on.  And I adore Jeffery Dean Morgan, for what its worth).

It wasn't the greatest episode and seeing those strange TV series death scenes was bizarre with the party and everything else that was going on.  I was very amused about the funeral flowers and how Jackie loved them.

• Love 7

The point I was making about lazy writing is that Americans (and others) cannot go to anywhere in the EU for more than 90 days; not without a grueling VISA process - so, no, he can't go to France for year to travel or anything.  It's just a bugaboo of mine when they gloss over stuff like this so they stick this storyline in - in real life, all a parent had to do is point out it is not legal in any way (and, believe me, they are checking) to go for more than 90 days.  That would sober up the kids - and, fast.  The girlfriend could go for more than 90 days as she has a job, but not him.

Anyway - says a lot about this crappy episode that I focused on that - and the strange bot person that Alicia has become.  "Happy" seemed to become her code word for the night and I guess I as a viewer am supposed to assume that she will now focus on finding happiness?  Yeah, by now, I really don't care.  

Edited by roomtorome
  • Love 3

I'm thinking if you were already a JDM fan, you like this season. Otherwise, you have problems with it.

Steven Pasquale(Johnny Elfman) has a half hour romantic comedy on DTV. He's searching for a girl he met in a bar and didn't get her last name or number. He was talking to his shrink who said.

"Only lobotomized republicans or Pharrell talk about"happy""

Edited by Kathyk1024
  • Love 1

The deed was for 500 acres on Mars.

Zack, good luck in getting married at 18 or 19 and moving to France. Maybe you should just go on a student work abroad program (like a working holiday) for a few months - you and your 'fiancee'.  With high unemployment and other issues in France, finding a job may be tough. You're better off going for a month long summer vacation to see if it works for you. Chances are you don't know much of the language and it will be a real culture shock.

I do like Diane and Kurt as a mature couple. Alicia and her investigator, not so much.

I think the GW looked at plots from the early late 90s/2000s when everyone wanted to go to France for some reason ei: Dawson's Creek to Friends. As beautiful of a place as France is. Sorry, you can't get more than 90 days on a VISA as everyone has said. Unemployment is very hight and after the terrorist attacks. Its has a lot of businesses and people saying: "I don't think so." Yet, come on! Everyone wants to go to Paris! Right? Right? Oh wait, that was the 60s. Really, 2 episodes left and this train wreck is finally over. 

• Love 1

The point I was making about lazy writing is that Americans (and others) cannot go to anywhere in the EU for more than 90 days; not without a grueling VISA process - so, no, he can't go to France for year to travel or anything.  It's just a bugaboo of mine when they gloss over stuff like this so they stick this storyline in - in real life, all a parent had to do is point out it is not legal in any way (and, believe me, they are checking) to go for more than 90 days.  That would sober up the kids - and, fast.  The girlfriend could go for more than 90 days as she has a job, but not him.

They were getting married. As her spouse Zach could stay in France without the visa limitations imposed on tourists. It's pretty normal in most countries that if one spouse is working the rest of the family can stay in the country for as long as the working spouse is there. Alicia even made a comment about Zach being a house husband while his wife worked.

• Love 8

The Kings have a new show coming up this summer: BrainDead. Just saw a commercial for it, I think during GW. Very meta.

Perhaps they've been unconsciously preparing us for it during these last few sad and mediocre episodes.

• Love 2

So was all the clunky death imagery in this about the death of their marriage? Because for a moment I thought they were going to kill off somebody, maybe even Alicia. Then I realised that was random.

I hate to break it to the writers but this marriage died years ago. You've just been refusing to declare Time of Death.

EDITED: because 'clanky' isn't a word

But clanky should be a word! Completely describes the creaky writing. Maybe the writers were paid in advance and are just cranking out the scripts while enjoying champagne & cheese. Kind of a disservice to the fans and the incredible actors that form this assemble.

Anyway - says a lot about this crappy episode that I focused on that - and the strange bot person that Alicia has become.  "Happy" seemed to become her code word for the night and I guess I as a viewer am supposed to assume that she will now focus on finding happiness?  Yeah, by now, I really don't care.  

Would that be the reason they've turned the relationship into a quickie marriage? If the fiancee was actually born somewhere in the E.U. she would automatically be qualified without a visa, and her husband could probably get a spousal visa. Or so I speculate - I don't really know. Nor do we know much about this fiancee. She was originally portrayed negatively I thought but as the party continued they made her a bit more sympathetic. A bit. but overall not a very interesting character. (Finally remembered her name - Hannah!)

I'm thinking if you were already a JDM fan, you like this season. Otherwise, you have problems with it.

Steven Pasquale(Johnny Elfman) has a half hour romantic comedy on DTV. He's searching for a girl he met in a bar and didn't get her last name or number. He was talking to his shrink who said.

"Only lobotomized republicans or Pharrell talk about"happy""

I'm a fan of JDM but  I'm not happy with what the show has done for him. TGW can't even write his character consistently. Even John Winchester had a better storyline, although Supernatural also erratically dealt with his motivations. The only actor I don't feel sorry for on this show is JM. I have lost the respect I had for her after seeing her graceful departure from ER. 

I'm going to watch until the end, but it really is like watching a trainwreck. I don't have much faith that the writers & directors can pull it together and have Alicia move gracefully into the future. I would like to see the continuing adventures of Marissa though. She's become my favourite character, just ahead of CB and GC's.

Personally, I would love to get acres on Mars. What a cool gift! If she's not the kind of person who appreciates a quirky gift like that (and doesn't know him well enough to understand why he would give it), maybe they're not as compatible as they thought.

This episode seemed like an excuse to cram as many former players in as possible, some more successfully than others. I was happy to see some familiar faces, but by the end I couldn't point to any plot line that had moved forward in an interesting or surprising way. We learned that Peter is either guilty or being played, Jason doesn't like commitment but does like Alicia, and adolescent boys make bad decisions when girls are involved. The funeral flowers were funny, though.

• Love 6
I don't quite follow Alicia's connection to Lloyd Garber and why it's so important that she had waived spousal privilege in the grand jury proceedings.  Does anyone know if the Garber stuff has been mentioned in previous seasons?

It makes no sense at all.  Unless Peter directly told Alicia that he had tampered with the evidence or she saw him do it, there is nothing for her to testify about. She's a lawyer, for Pete's sake; she knew what she was doing when she waived spousal privilege in the case.  She wouldn't have done it unless a) she didn't know anything incriminating and knew there was no way she could be connected to any wrongdoing or b) she knew from the start that Peter had committed these crimes and she plans to perjure herself if asked about it.  Canning was implying that she could end up in jail because she now was forced to tell the truth.  Was he high?  Has his brain been affected by his neurologic condition?  Nonsensical

Speaking of nonsense, what the he** was the issue with the disappearing bullets?  If Peter didn't trust the crime lab and wanted them evaluated by an outside investigator, there would have to be strict documentation and the chain of evidence would have had to be followed or anything done by the investigator would be worthless.  If he went to the lab, dropped 'em in his pocket and gave them to someone else to evaluate without any documentation; then he WAS tampering with evidence and obstructing justice.  It doesn't matter if those bullets would have convicted or exonerated the kid; Peter doesn't get to decide to discard evidence.  They would also have been returned to the state evidence locker once the outside investigator was done.  The fact that there's no paper trail and the bullets have apparently disappeared is even more proof that Peter is guilty of something.  His admission to Jason that he did it was unbelievable.  He was the top attorney in the city at the time in charge of all criminal prosecutions, how are we supposed to believe that he's innocent when the show itself clearly says he's not?

• Love 4

No, it is not an automatic right to stay if his wife has a Visa.  One tiny bit on this (given this isn't a board re: immigration issues):

"Relatives of non-EU/EEA/Swiss nationals

Spouses and minor children can apply to join family members who are not EU/EEA/Swiss citizens, living in France, under the following conditions:

"- The family member you are going to join must be living in France for at least one year and hold a valid residence permit.
- Your relative must have adequate finances (an amount equal to the monthly minimum wage – EUR 1,445).
- There must be enough room for you: French standards are 16sqm for a couple, and 9sqm per extra person."

Whatever I think of the faults of this story - I don't really mind it - it is a time when young people do things of which parents often don't approve.  I know I did something pretty extraordinary at 18 years of age and my parents were 100% opposed, it didn't stop me.  

In hindsight now at my age, would I have done what I did as I did it.  No, but that's how it all works - young people do things and they are either successful and happy with their choices or things go haywire or it is just plain disappointing.  

Trying to stop someone over age 18 years of age from making their own choices (stupid, bad, goofy ones) is like trying to turn a ship around in the ocean.

The only person on this show I actually like as a character is Eli's daughter - I like the character and I like the actress who is just very natural in the role.  

Would that be the reason they've turned the relationship into a quickie marriage? 

In the scene on the bed with Hannah, when A asked why they were getting married, the only 'reason' I thought I heard was "TAXES".  

FWIW, I got married so I'd never have to go to the dry cleaner again so who am i to judge?

• Love 4

"Buy land on Mars" is not a legit business. It is like "name a star" in that you would have no legal claim to the property. Also expensive: one I saw was $20/acre, so maybe Jason got a much better deal to buy 500 acres.

• Love 1

It was so awful, up to an including Alicia drunkenly laughing at Zach's plans.  But the question I'm asking, the morning after, is what kind of son brings his new fiancee to meet his family and then makes his engagement announcement while both his parents are holed up in the bedroom by themselves?  I hate hate hate hate hate what this show has become. 2 more to go. And no, I won't watch Brain Dead. 

• Love 5

Personally, I would love to get acres on Mars. What a cool gift! If she's not the kind of person who appreciates a quirky gift like that (and doesn't know him well enough to understand why he would give it), maybe they're not as compatible as they thought.

I thought the gift was cool and quirky too, but do you find it in character for Jason?  I'm earnestly asking, I don't know the answer.  I never really thought of him as a quirky character, and this action seemed to come out of nowhere.  He doesn't act particularly smitten with Alicia, but I don't really blame the actor so much as the writing/directing.  It just seemed to come out of nowhere, feel a bit unearned.

• Love 3

The funeral flowers and the RIP cake.....hilarious writers, too bad you couldn't do a "big desk in a little office" gag...oh wait, you did that already.

I have a nice sized summer bash at my house every year - 75 people.  I HIRE PEOPLE TO HELP ME.  A  bartender and two roaming servers/helpers.  I want to enjoy my guests and don't want to bother with setting the buffet, stocking the bar, etc.  (I'm not "rich", by any means, but I know how to throw a damn party)

What was the significance of the movie AF had to watch while she's hosting a party, (with no staff) 

So are Peter and Alicia going to get drunk and screw?  

Get the hook....its done.

• Love 3

I thought the gift was perfectly fine, and in keeping enough with Jason (we don't know that much about Jason, after all).  I found Alicia's reaction to it baffling--it showed that she had no sense of humor at all.  Why did she think it was so inappropriate? Why did it tell her that Jason was not at all invested in the relationship?  It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

• Love 5

I guess I hated that one a little less than the past few. The jokes were kind of dumb, but I loved that Jackie loved the flowers and loved her party even with the mistakes. That could have lead to drama, but she went with it because she's happy and not worried about the little things. Now that I only see her a few times a season, Jackie has become a delight. Look was Alicia has to look forward to!

I also like that Jason seemed to do some investigating this week. Who knew? Mostly he went places and people just told him things, but with the lab tech, he researched her record and had actual facts. It's progress. I still think Peter did something hinkey because he's Peter and I do not trust him. Kurt, however, is so ethical it hurts but if he did find something to exonerate the kid in the trial why wouldn't he have testified? We've seen him switch sides before because it was the right thing to do so why not now?

I did hate that Jason kept coming by the party. I get that this is a time sensitive issue, but he clearly knew what was happening and who was there. How thoughtless to keep showing up. I get he needed to talk to Eli and wanted to talk to Alicia, but one of those things could absolutely have waited until the next day. And that stupid kiss was just dumb. Anyone leaving early, going outside to smoke (I assume there's no smoking in Alicia's place), looking out the window or just stepping outside to make a phone call or get some fresh air could have seen them. Considering those are the people Alicia wants to hide the divorce from, a make-out session was pretty dumb.

I like the friendship that exists again between Eli and Alicia. Their few moments at the party were nice and I like that they seem to have each other's back again. I love Marissa and loved drunk Marissa at the end.

Veronica continues to be awful. Owen, at least, understood what she did, but holy crap to just drunkenly spill the divorce news at a party like that is just so over the line. Besides hurting Jackie it hurt poor Grace and Zach. Awful woman.

• Love 2

Am I the only one who thinks that Alicia and Peter will decide to stay together and have a real marriage for the first time in years?

The most that I got out of the epi other than that was that there was probably more business taken care of during the party than during the work day that preceded it. And that Zack's girlfriend thought it was entirely appropriate to use the ensuite bathroom in her future mother-in-law's bedroom. The woman you have just met for the first time an hour or so ago. Maybe it is just my pet peeve but my ensuite bathroom is off limits to anyone other than my hubby.

• Love 2

I took this episode for what it was, a last goodbye to a whole host of fun characters who were once on a much better show, nothing more, nothing less. And for a show as rich in history and particularly as rich in guest stars, I thought it was appropriate to have an episode like this, regardless of the overall quality of the narrative.

For the record, I always liked Peter as a character and I appreciate that the show's final big storyline revolves around him. Alicia's relation to him is probably the only one that made sense to me throughout the entirety of the series.

Now that it's ending, I decided not to be bitter about the shows faults anymore. I'm actually kinda looking forward towards the home stretch.

• Love 3
I thought the gift was cool and quirky too, but do you find it in character for Jason?  I'm earnestly asking, I don't know the answer.  I never really thought of him as a quirky character, and this action seemed to come out of nowhere.

I think that was what they were getting at (finally!):  Alicia has no real idea at all who Jason is.  I suspect that what Alicia is going to realize is that "living in the moment" like she's trying to do more of with Jason has its drawbacks, too.  She knows Peter very well-- the episode makes that clear.  She hardly knows Jason at all-- the episode makes that clear, too.  The sad thing for Alicia is that the one person she knew well, but who also held out a feeling of genuine excitement and romance, was Will.  And he's gone.

I found Alicia's reaction to it baffling--it showed that she had no sense of humor at all.  Why did she think it was so inappropriate? Why did it tell her that Jason was not at all invested in the relationship?  It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

I think if Jason had given her the gift during their "bed-a-thon" a while back, I bet she would have found it fun and funny.  But Alicia had just gotten through making the proclamation "I want you," which for her is incredibly difficult to say, and so giving her the gift at that time (rather than his "I want you, too" which he doesn't tell her until later), feels off-putting, particularly since it's so silly and insignificant. 

I'm just surprised that Alicia didn't dump him when she confirmed that he was saying he likes to pick up and leave all the time, but it sure would be peachy if she comes with him next time.  Alicia, honey, that's not a free-spirit, that's a four-alarm fire bell screaming "run away from this scattered person as fast as you can!"

Edited by bobbyjoe
  • Love 6

Am I the only one who thinks that Alicia and Peter will decide to stay together and have a real marriage for the first time in years?

Nope! Definitely some heavy-handed foreshadowing in this episode, in the Peter/Alicia scenes at the beginning and end of the party and in the conversation with the kids. Also, Alicia's realization that she doesn't know Jason and how HARD it would be to get to know him (given that he's hardly an open book). The inertia of familiarity is going to be a hard thing to escape, I think.

If there is an "I choose me," I think it will come in the wake of things dissolving with Jason and Alicia realizing that even without him, she still doesn't want Peter back. But I'm skeptical.  

• Love 2

If I were either Peter or Jason I'd take one look at that hard, sly face of hers and get the hell out of Dodge. To me, she looks and acts like a vampire appraising necks. Makes me want to page Buffy. I expected Alicia to change over these seasons, but not to become a harder, meaner, more shallow, more selfish, more self-absorbed version of her original self. Wow, what a character arc, lol.

Peter & Jason should look at how good Carey looks now and see how wise it is to leave Alicia!

• Love 5

As much as I hate to say this about Stockard Channing, I hope I never, ever see her face on this show again. Veronica is the ultimate in self-centered old bags. She actually makes me not hate Jackie as much. Jackie is a nutbar, but it's usually too intensely centered on her family, as opposed to being so focused on herself that her family can just go hang. Ugh. Just...ugh.

Diane and Kurt continue to be so darling. If I didn't know this slog was almost over, I'd cram them both into my purse and spirit them away to a better show where they could just be cute and mature and truly enjoying of one another's company and have THAT be the center of the action.

It probably says a lot about the relationship that I have with my mother as an adult, but there were at least three points in that hallway conversation between Alicia and the kids that I probably would have been smacked. Or at least, my mother would have looked at me like I clearly wanted to be smacked, very, very badly.

(I am totally with Alicia though. If your marriage is going to feature no real commitment and no real work, why even bother?)

• Love 3

I think Canning's scene at the end was the ultimate foreshadowing for the ending - they'll pull a switcharoo and Alicia will somehow end up going to jail in the series finale.

What would she go to jail for? The Lloyd Garber thing? She clearly has nothing to do with that.

What is Alicia's problem? I'd be over the moon if someone gave me 500 acres on Mars! What did she expect? A diamond bracelet or an engagement ring?

I was certainly rolling my eyes at Zach's shenanigans and admired Alicia's patience when he started to behave like a brat in the hallway. However Alicia and Peter should not have laughed off his idea of writing a memoir - because the kid of Peter and Alicia Florrick would definitely get a publishing contract (complete with a fat advance check) no matter how bad his writing was.

I'm actually worried about Diane and Kurt - the show has made way too much of their happiness recently and now that Kurt is somehow tied to the case Peter is accused of having manipulated I see all sorts of trouble ahead for these two, damn!

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 1