Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
WendyCR72

Hey, I Know You! L&O Actors In Other Roles...

I searched and searched but didn't see a thread for this - so I was proactive and made one.

I live near the Albany, NY area, and my local CBS affiliate is currently showing Elementary in syndication. Lo and behold, I heard a very familiar, distinctive voice. Richard Brooks is on as a police detective! Even sporting a mustache. Hee.

The show tends to have some actors from the franchise (the aforementioned Brooks and Kathryn Erbe [CI] that I've seen so far - maybe more) or other non-regular cast/guest-starring actors who have appeared on any of the given 3 L&O shows over time. Pretty neat.

The late great Jerry Orbach is currently on a Golden Girls repeat on TV Land as Glenn, Dorothy's former flame, who was a married man...

• Like 2

Speaking of Jerry Orbach, I never knew he appeared on this or didn't remember, but he is now on an episode of Hunter (5th season episode) on the Heroes & Icons channel.

That makes two from L&O, since Dann Florek appeared on the show in S4.

Watching the second episode of the third season, Conspiracy, on WE right now, and Gloria Foster is playing the widow of the civil rights leader who gets shot at the beginning of the episode. The late Ms. Foster was perhaps best known for portraying The Oracle in The Matrix.

• Like 1

Watching The Killing Fields on DVD, because somehow I had missed seeing it all these years, and a much-younger Sam Waterston is playing a war correspondent covering the Vietnam War. Very strange to see him with dark hair and a full beard.

If anyone needs an additional Jerry Orbach fix, on November 22nd on the Heroes & Icons channel, a season 6 episode of Hunter titled "Son and Heir" from 1990, will be shown at 2:00 p.m. ET, in which he plays a father of a cop - and a mobster.

• Like 2

On November 18, 2017 at 7:04 PM, WendyCR72 said:

If anyone needs an additional Jerry Orbach fix, on November 22nd on the Heroes & Icons channel, a season 6 episode of Hunter titled "Son and Heir" from 1990, will be shown at 2:00 p.m. ET, in which he plays a father of a cop - and a mobster.

Here (over-the-air Chicagoland) it's on Nov. 21 at that time. Old iPad 1 date went wonky at midnight, but Wednesday, yes.

Edited by shapeshifter

40 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Here (over-the-air Chicagoland) it's on Nov. 21 at that time.

On H&I? Weird! I just rechecked, and yeah. Still listed for tomorrow. The episode for today is said to be "Broken Dreams". (I live near Albany, NY for reference.) I guess check your (universal your!) listings!

18 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

On H&I? Weird! I just rechecked, and yeah. Still listed for tomorrow. The episode for today is said to be "Broken Dreams". (I live near Albany, NY for reference.) I guess check your (universal your!) listings!

You are correct. See my correction above. Anyway, thanks for the heads up! 

ETA: I've got my DVDR set to record it. Hopefully…

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1