Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

The episode where they go to Boston to get Frederick into that school was great. "Oscar Meyer". The silent scene with Niles checking the turkey then leaving; Lilith & Frasier coming in and taking the turkey then leaving; Niles coming back and wondering where the turkey went - so classic Frasier so well done. We always talk about how good the dialogue is and DHP's physical comedy, but Kelsey and Bebe Neuwirth were so in sync in that scene.

• Love 6

Seasons 8-10 are not my favorite, but I do have to give the writers credit for a few wonderful episodes.  I just watched the one where Martin goes to the parole hearing of the guy who shot him.  From the guy's apparently genuine remorse, to the gazillion emotions Martin feels and his decision to not speak for or against parole, to the poor, poor mother's grief, it's well done.

And on a lighter note, Niles shooting himself in the foot with the irrational demand nonsense is amusing.

• Love 1

Sort of on a Cheers kick right now, and just watched the episode "Two Girls for Every Boyd" ... as many times as I have been through Cheers, I never caught the line Fraiser says that the reason he didn't get into the arts was because he didn't want to disappoint his father, who was a scientist. I cracked!

• Love 1

Just finished watching "The Two Mrs. Cranes", totally forgot how incredibly funny this episode was! The comedic timing is priceless, and the one-liners are unforgettable.

Moon-Crane, hahahahaha!

• Love 2

You are so not crazy, Hallmark does that. I never even heard of the Bad Boy and Dirty Girl episode until I watched it on Netflix. Evidently, it's too risqué for Hallmark. And...they cut out scenes.

• Love 2

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

I caught the episode where Frasier and Niles are trying to talk to their favorite author T.H. Houghton. I always loved the title of his manuscript, "The Chameleon's Song" there's something enchanting about it that makes me want to write a novel.

• Love 1

I believe I may have gone crazy because I could have sworn Hallmark skipped over several episodes and jumped straight to Season 3.

I hate Hallmark airings, they cut out so much. They don't even air one of my favorite episodes, "High Holidays".

• Love 1

High Holiday's, he he

Niles:  I know all the symptoms I can expect to experience. I'm especially looking forward to something called the "munchies" stage. It's where one enjoys bizarre food combinations. I'm thinking of pairing this Chilean sea bass with an aggressive Zinfandel!

• Love 7

::giggle:: @ Flour Child, CLASSIC episode:

Niles: It's not as careless as you make it seem. After all, a real child would have cried before it burst into flames!

• Love 4

I always wondered what happened to "High Holidays". I tried to catch it when Hallmark was in the last season, but then it magically disappeared and wondered if I too were on hash brownies and hallucinated the whole episode's existence. Talking Eddie was hilarious, though.

• Love 2

Lily Adler, if I remember correctly, at the end of that episode, Frasier ended up dating her without Niles' help. I don't think she was ever on the show after that ep, though. 

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Love 1

That episode was "Someone to Watch Over Me" - his number one fan "Kari".  In the end, after accusing everyone on being his stalker, Martin figures it out.  It was a funny one. 

• Love 1

Thanks for the info. I'd forgotten her name was Kari. I liked that they made Martin a cop in the beginning and were able to use his background in lots of episodes. It served him well over the years. I hate it when a show introduces something for only 1 episode for 1 or 2 jokes only to never mention it again. I originally thought Niles' nose bleeds would be the same way, but they did use that from time to time.

Then again, Frasier had trouble with his ethics several times throughout the series, but he doesn't get queasy like he did with that caller who previously dated Marco. I would have expected him to feel ill when he was in bed with Claire on that trip to Belize and wanting to be with Lana instead.

Wasn't that the point of that episode though SSG? He calls lilith for validation...then pretty much asks everyone else their opinion on the way back (including that dude who cleaned the plane?). He was really conflicted over his creeping feelings for Lana despite being perfectly matched with Claire. Episodes that followed were boring analysis of why he kept running from his real relationships IMO.

Thanks for the info. I'd forgotten her name was Kari. I liked that they made Martin a cop in the beginning and were able to use his background in lots of episodes. It served him well over the years. I hate it when a show introduces something for only 1 episode for 1 or 2 jokes only to never mention it again. I originally thought Niles' nose bleeds would be the same way, but they did use that from time to time.

Then again, Frasier had trouble with his ethics several times throughout the series, but he doesn't get queasy like he did with that caller who previously dated Marco. I would have expected him to feel ill when he was in bed with Claire on that trip to Belize and wanting to be with Lana instead.

This is one of my favorite shows but there were tons of issues with continuity.

Not my favorite season by any means, but I have a soft spot for "Momma Mia," 7x1.  Hester's appearances throughout the show were always pretty touching to me, since my dad died several years ago, and I found the throwaway moments where she was mentioned pretty true to life when you've lost a  loved parent. You're not thinking consciously about them a lot of the time, but then they just pop up. The last few minutes of that episode....sigh.

Of course, I didn't consistently watch "Cheers," so the lack of continuity in Hester's overall character isn't much of an issue for me. 

• Love 3

Last night I watched the episode where Daphne's ex-fiancee shows up and so Daphne pretends that Niles is her husband in order to get out of their 5-year pact. Then they conscript Frasier to being the brother who is separated from his wife, Maris. Martin enters and decides to pretend to be a retired astronaut. Roz arrives and Frasier is hissing at her "You're Maris! You're Maris!" and when she spots the poor ex fiancee she hones in on him like a predator. "Hellooooo." Then Eddie comes in the room and when the ex fiancee asks his name no one knows what to say, before they all finally agree that his name is Eddie. I don't recall seeing this episode before, and I laughed until I think I broke something. Spot on, just everything. 

• Love 6

That episode is one of my faves @dahling - it's called The Two Mrs. Cranes.  Undoubtedly one of the funnier ones. 

The last line brings it all home:

Clive:  I'll never understand how two men like you could be spawned from that sweet courageous old astronaut.

• Love 5

That episode is one of my all-time favorites. From start to finish it's hilarious!

"If you batted your eyes any harder you'd blow out the candles."

"And by the way... STINKY needs a ride."

"It must have been during ONE OF MY BLACK OUTS!"

"Don't forget your warm glass of Tang."

"I remember when I first drove a moon-crane... damn near drove it into the Sea of Tranquility."

"Yeah. I had fun, too."

• Love 8

Hallmark is back to the first season.  I'm watching S01:E01 right now.

If I wanted to, I don't think I could tell you how many times I have watched Frasier from the beginning on Netflix, it is my go to show when I want to settle down at night.

I came in here to talk about Niles. As much as I really loved the whole cast, the most memorable moments to me came from Niles. It wasn't anything he said, but rather his awesome ability at physical comedy.

My all time favorite moment was the ironing board scene (I think I have mentioned that previously), but just the other day I was watching the scene where he confiscated the street sign for Daphne, OMG, totally hilarious. Brilliant!

• Love 5

My favorite episodes are the ice fishing one, the one when Martin pretends to be gay so Frasier can meet a woman at the opera, I think it's called Out with Dad, High Holidays, and then the one with Patrick Stewart ("the chair....hilarious").  Oh and the one when Niles and Roz pretend to be a couple at his Lake House to lure Donny and Daphne up there. 

Niles pretending to be high, Martin actually high and taking his pants off and putting them in the freezer gets me every time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Ok, this season 10 episode I'm watching? Frasier is dating a gym teacher. In the first half she's played by Jeanne Tripplehorn but then Frasier starts picturing her as his old gym teacher. The scene of him sitting in his bathtub while a poetry-reading Bob Hoskins loofahs his back has me in hysterics.

• Love 4

My all-time favorite has to be "Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskovitz" where Frasier et. al. pretend to be Jewish on Christmas Eve.

Frasier screaming "JESUS!" when Niles is coming out of the kitchen dressed as Jesus never fails to make me laugh and I've seen it dozens of times.

Out with Dad and High Holidays are faves as well.  I laugh every time over Martin and his BBQ pudding chips.

• Love 4

my favorite episodes are:

Room Service - an episode that in the hands of lesser writers and actors would have failed spectacularly but works wonderfully.

Three Valentines - Niles' ironing board scene alone makes this a classic.

The Good Son - a brilliant pilot.

• Love 3
Three Valentines - Niles' ironing board scene alone makes this a classic.

This is one of my favorite episodes as well. Also included are:

Out with Dad (Martin pretending he's gay and dating Niles)

Ham Radio (Everything about this episode is great, especially Roz and her "Mulppple Muwdewes")

Breaking the Ice

The Two Mrs. Cranes

And then I can't remember the name, but when Patrick Stewart guest stars and "dates" Frasier. And Niles is jealous. And they all think Roz's new bf is gay.

• Love 2

I never thought Three Valentines was that riveting. Not even Niles's ironing board scene. I'll show myself out now.

I'll do you one better.  I HATE the ironing board scene.  I find it annoying and not at all funny.

How can he not prefer Faye?!  Fabulous Faye who could use jejune in a sentence.

But there's Cassandra!  Who doesn't even need to use a sentence!  That might be my mad girl-crush on Virginia Madsen talking, though. 

• Love 1