Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Iʻike Ke Ao (For The World To Know)

• Start Topic

Yeah, that's the same guy. When Kono said that they knew someone, I wondered if they were going to go back to the first season (I think) and bring Toast back.

Did they say what happened with Addison after her confession? I wondered how she ended up in Hawaii after growing up in Minnesota so I should have known that there was some secret.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SoapDoc said:

When Kono said that they knew someone, I wondered if they were going to go back to the first season (I think) and bring Toast back.

It's funny, my first thought was Nick Jonas' character, but then I remembered that he was killed by Gabriel Waincroft Done Right (Wo Fat), so then I thought it must be Martin Starr's Toast, and it was! Awesome. I really dig Martin Starr and it's great to see him having so much success with Silicon Valley. It was also nice of them to give him some fictional success in the show as Toast. 

• Love 1

Overall not bad but the B-plot really belongs in another episode.

Interesting take on the villain. I liked that he wasn't a murderer. Leaving a gun beside your victims seems like a bad idea. No prior victims ever though of trying to shoot him instead of themselves? Although I guess it wouldn't have mattered since the guy was obviously related to Jason Voorhees. A big metal bar through the torso and four bullets to put him down? I hope they cut his head off and salted the earth.

They actually put effort into making Poopy Penguin so they could show us McGarrett shitting on digital people instead of the law. The game actually had a bar indicating "bowel capacity"! But if there's one aspect of it that I find very unrealistic, it's the idea that this genius hacker develops for Windows Phone.

Jerry was stuck in coach with a surly Danny? I think Jerry has earned that badge already.

I can't see Danno paying $100 for in-app purchases of digital turds so his kids could drop them on people's heads. Also did he imply that his four year old has a cell phone?

I would have loved it if the model was going to school to be a biologist and the idea of a flying penguin completely turned her off.

I'm sure I've seen 5-0 condemning underage drinking before (Danny "rescuing" Grace from a party comes to mind) but drinking and boating is apparently okay. They don't seem to care about weed either. Toast's morning bowl would have had to be in his carry-on. But the moral of this story? Distracted driving kills! Make sure to use the voice command features of Cortana on your Windows Phone to stay safe on the roads!

I also feel like Steve, who is supposed to be a Navy SEAL would never let anyone set foot on a boat that didn't have its safety gear in order. He'd have extra flares, lifejackets, a spare sail, paddles, backup radios and batteries and a bunch of ammo and grenades. I guess he was too distracted by the tiny bottle of champagne.

Another episode of 5-0 cornering the wrong suspect immediately. If only they were as quick finding the right ones instead!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

Overall not bad but the B-plot really belongs in another episode.

Interesting take on the villain. I liked that he wasn't a murderer. Leaving a gun beside your victims seems like a bad idea. No prior victims ever though of trying to shoot him instead of themselves? Although I guess it wouldn't have mattered since the guy was obviously related to Jason Voorhees. A big metal bar through the torso and four bullets to put him down? I hope they cut his head off and salted the earth.

They actually put effort into making Poopy Penguin so they could show us McGarrett shitting on digital people instead of the law. The game actually had a bar indicating "bowel capacity"! But if there's one aspect of it that I find very unrealistic, it's the idea that this genius hacker develops for Windows Phone.

Jerry was stuck in coach with a surly Danny? I think Jerry has earned that badge already.

I can't see Danno paying $100 for in-app purchases of digital turds so his kids could drop them on people's heads. Also did he imply that his four year old has a cell phone?

I would have loved it if the model was going to school to be a biologist and the idea of a flying penguin completely turned her off.

I'm sure I've seen 5-0 condemning underage drinking before (Danny "rescuing" Grace from a party comes to mind) but drinking and boating is apparently okay. They don't seem to care about weed either. Toast's morning bowl would have had to be in his carry-on. But the moral of this story? Distracted driving kills! Make sure to use the voice command features of Cortana on your Windows Phone to stay safe on the roads!

I also feel like Steve, who is supposed to be a Navy SEAL would never let anyone set foot on a boat that didn't have its safety gear in order. He'd have extra flares, lifejackets, a spare sail, paddles, backup radios and batteries and a bunch of ammo and grenades. I guess he was too distracted by the tiny bottle of champagne.

Another episode of 5-0 cornering the wrong suspect immediately. If only they were as quick finding the right ones instead!

Well, Stan bought Grace her first cellphone when she was 8 (Danny learns she has it in Ep 123, when he ends up in the hospital after he's exposed to Sarin on that raid where they're trying to nab Wo Fat & get Sang Min (again) instead. So, it could be possible Stan got Charlie 1 too (especially since Stan raised him as his own for 3 years & only recently found out he was Danny & Rachel's son, thanks to the bone marrow compatibility testing), but maybe it's only operable for games &/or extremely limited call functionality.

But really I think the implication there was meant to be that they both probably play the game on Grace's phone. I mean, I don't think Danny was happy Stan bought Grace a cellphone (instead of him, or at least Rachel), let alone when she was 8; so he'd probably think his 4-year-old son having a cellphone was way over the top.

Plus, I think if Charlie had his own cellphone, he'd have been as miserable as Grace during that "no phones" time Danny enforced during lunch on Danny & the kids' day together in the recent ep where the Camaro got stolen & Danny ended up using Mamo's bus to chase the car thieves after they passed the car while trying to get back into town to report the theft, or whatever.

• Love 1

especially a young girl with her whole life ahead of her. At that age, people mocking you on social media is a given.

Especially a young girl who was still addicted to texting despite killing somebody while doing it. She barely looked up at her friend. She'll probably just be "h8ers gonna h8" and proceed on with her life. I do like that she had the gumption to fight back.

Most people would slow down a bit after a pipe through the abdomen, but not that guy. He just pulls it out and tries to hit you with hit.

The self-righteous dude tasered at least one innocent guy, tied up two people and left a baby with two incapacitated adults not knowing how long the situation would last just so he could kidnap a girl to shame her on social media. I think maybe he shouldn't be so judgey. 

I did not find the boat bit funny. People so fully unprepared should not be on a boat and they shouldn't be calling for assistance after 1 hour in a calm sea. Don't tell me those goofballs managed to sail out of port. The engine must have worked to begin with. I don't blame Steve for them not being prepared because he probably never set foot on the boat and told them to stay put. After that mess of a boating outing, I'm definitely not taking their helicopter tour.

Why was half of 5-0 on a plane? To get waffles? Was the hacker treating? I thought at first that he had just photoshopped his own magazine cover to troll for girls. It looked so fake.

Somebody is doing something that takes great concentration. Let's keep hectoring him to go faster so he can't think.

• Love 4

I thought the boat shtick was the cute half of the ep.   To each their own.  Happy to see Toast, and loved the nerd faceoff with Patrick. 

Couldn't care less about Addison.  One dimensional.  Boring. Predictable.   

Loved, loved, loved Toast getting Steve addicted to the Poopy Penguin game though  =)   That was super cute! 

Wish this ep had had a better main storyline.  It was like they had a handful of super-cute humorous scenes, spliced with a schlocky horror movie about endangered college coeds with secret crimes in their past.  Like that's never been done before ever? 

1 hour ago, kili said:

Why was half of 5-0 on a plane? To get waffles? Was the hacker treating? I thought at first that he had just photoshopped his own magazine cover to troll for girls. It looked so fake.

Somebody is doing something that takes great concentration. Let's keep hectoring him to go faster so he can't think.

Exactly! To both comments.

I did enjoy the episode, liked that Addison fought back against her kidnapper.  I assume she was going back to Wisconsin to face up to her crime.

The boat story didn't fit with the main story but I liked it too.  Except that Max wasn't the hero - he thought they were on one of the unpopulated islands but it turns out they were just down the beach from a resort.  It's a wonder they never smelled the food cooking - or heard even the slightest bit of noise.

So, even if the hacker was taking everyone to LA for chicken & waffles (why??), how come Kono, Chin & Grover weren't invited??? Only Steve, Danny & Jerry seemed to be there.

No prior victims ever though of trying to shoot him instead of themselves?

You don't point your gun at someone unless you intend to use it, and you don't hand anyone a loaded gun if you don't know where they're going to point it. I cannot *imagine* no one just didn't pick up the gun and shoot him in the back. While her plan was clever, she also could have just taken the gun and shot him, or just hid somewhere and got the drop on him. 

• Love 1

Is it wrong that I was more interested in Max, Kamekona and Flippa than I was the main storyline?  The commercial I saw made it seem like the shipwreck storyline was the main one, and I was looking forward to it.   I was disappointed that most of the action seemed to take place during commercial.  We never saw the shipwreck, and then all of a sudden Kamekona is waking up.

I didn't care for the main storyline at all.  The opening sequence was right out of a bad horror film, complete with sequence just before the credits of the scantily dressed idiot girl flipping on the light and revealing the bad guy that had been hiding in the shadows.  Too creepy.

Plus, there was no payoff or closure.  The girl revealed that she killed someone and lied to the police about it.  So now what?  Her video was broadcast, and someone would have seen it.  Minnesota PD should have had Hawaii PD arrest her.  At the very least she should be charged with manslaughter and obstruction of justice.  In some states, there is no statute of limitations on manslaughter.  Plus, even if there is one in Minnesota, it might not have expired.  She is still in college and she was driving in Minnesota so it couldn't have been that long ago.  

I'm glad the creep didn't get her to kill herself, but she clearly committed various crimes and should answer to them.

Seems like multiple episodes in a row now where Danny is fairly minimised.  I don't mind him when he's a member of the team and doing his job.  It's whiny complaining Danny that I can't stand.  

As a bonus, no mention of San Francisco Police Lady.  Maybe she's really gone.  No mention of Gabriel Wainwright either.  Yay.

23 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Well, Stan bought Grace her first cellphone when she was 8 (Danny learns she has it in Ep 123, when he ends up in the hospital after he's exposed to Sarin on that raid where they're trying to nab Wo Fat & get Sang Min (again) instead. So, it could be possible Stan got Charlie 1 too (especially since Stan raised him as his own for 3 years & only recently found out he was Danny & Rachel's son, thanks to the bone marrow compatibility testing), but maybe it's only operable for games &/or extremely limited call functionality.

But really I think the implication there was meant to be that they both probably play the game on Grace's phone. I mean, I don't think Danny was happy Stan bought Grace a cellphone (instead of him, or at least Rachel), let alone when she was 8; so he'd probably think his 4-year-old son having a cellphone was way over the top.

Plus, I think if Charlie had his own cellphone, he'd have been as miserable as Grace during that "no phones" time Danny enforced during lunch on Danny & the kids' day together in the recent ep where the Camaro got stolen & Danny ended up using Mamo's bus to chase the car thieves after they passed the car while trying to get back into town to report the theft, or whatever.

I'm not sure if you've fully thought through this all the way... you have to remember that Grace is a 12 year old girl.  (At least I think she's 12, I'm sure there's specific episode cites that pin down her exact age and what month and time she was born at.   It's probably the same date as Scott Cann's daughter, knowing them.)

There's no way a 12 year old girl would let her little 4 year old brother use her phone.  In the first place, Grace hardly knows the boy, he's been her brother for what, 6 months?  Secondly, she's a 12 year old girl, she's on that phone almost every waking minute.  If she's not calling her friends, she's texting her friends or playing on the internetz.   That's why she got so petulant when Danny took away her phone.  Because it's her life.

Third, what if the boy gets into her texts?  I'm sure there's a backstory on how precocious the boy is.  Maybe Stan suspected that the boy wasn't his, but wasn't going to let Rachel know that he knows, and was determined to compensate by making this boy his even if he wasn't and the most awesomest son that ever awesomed.  So he bought those "Your Baby Can Read" CDs and in no time flat, the boy is reading about how many soldiers died at the Battle of Chickamauga.   No way would Grace risk the chance that the boy reads all of the texts that Landon or Jimmy has been sending her!

But notwithstanding all of that... there's absolutely no way Cheapskate Danny would let his kids spend $100 on in-app purchases.  He's a neurotic control freak, and there's no way she has her own iTunes account and there's no way it's linked to his credit card.  She uses his account and he doesn't give her the password.

The B-plot really belonged in another episode but I still loved the ending with little Cuz singing and the discussion about regrets - it was quite touching when Max talked about his reasons for going into pathology.

The A-plot was good for various reasons - on top of the list: No Gabriel.

In the first place, Grace hardly knows the boy, he's been her brother for what, 6 months?

Small correction: Grace has always known he was her brother -- she just thought he was a half-brother. It was Danny who didn't know that he was his son.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'm not sure if you've fully thought through this all the way... you have to remember that Grace is a 12 year old girl.  (At least I think she's 12, I'm sure there's specific episode cites that pin down her exact age and what month and time she was born at.   It's probably the same date as Scott Cann's daughter, knowing them.)

There's no way a 12 year old girl would let her little 4 year old brother use her phone.  In the first place, Grace hardly knows the boy, he's been her brother for what, 6 months?  Secondly, she's a 12 year old girl, she's on that phone almost every waking minute.  If she's not calling her friends, she's texting her friends or playing on the internetz.   That's why she got so petulant when Danny took away her phone.  Because it's her life.

Third, what if the boy gets into her texts?  I'm sure there's a backstory on how precocious the boy is.  Maybe Stan suspected that the boy wasn't his, but wasn't going to let Rachel know that he knows, and was determined to compensate by making this boy his even if he wasn't and the most awesomest son that ever awesomed.  So he bought those "Your Baby Can Read" CDs and in no time flat, the boy is reading about how many soldiers died at the Battle of Chickamauga.   No way would Grace risk the chance that the boy reads all of the texts that Landon or Jimmy has been sending her!

But notwithstanding all of that... there's absolutely no way Cheapskate Danny would let his kids spend $100 on in-app purchases.  He's a neurotic control freak, and there's no way she has her own iTunes account and there's no way it's linked to his credit card.  She uses his account and he doesn't give her the password.

Grace is 13 this season, will be (or should be) 14 next season. They've never stated a specific birthdate, but her birthday, when she apparently turned 8, was mentioned as upcoming in Ep 103, towards the end of the ep when Danny finds out that (partially thanks to Steve getting Governor Jameson to apparently block/threaten to block Stan from further real estate development in Hawaii) Rachel has dropped her threat to have Danny's visitation with Grace blocked because his job is "too dangerous" (after the gang-related shooting at the high school football game Grace attends with Danny & the rest of Five-0 at the time, during which Grace was well-protected by Danny, & the team, & was not hurt). Grace runs out of the house & tells Danny she knows what she wants for her birthday: a squishy (probably NERF-type) pink football. After this birthday was mentioned (which apparently is supposed to be in late September--Teilor Grubbs' birthday is September 27th, which is 2 days after Alex & Malia O'Loughlin's son Lion; Teilor is 1 year older in real life than her character, Grace, is said to be in the show & both are now teenagers), or early October perhaps, Grace was said to be 8 for the remainder of S1, & has been aged up a year every season since.

Charlie, on the other hand, may have been born on Valentine's Day. At least he was born during the ep that aired on Valentine's Day of S2 (February, 2012). He's now 4 in the show's timeline. And he's been Grace's at least half-brother (same mother, Rachel; supposedly different fathers, Danny & Stan) since he was born, so not just for 6 months. He's only been known to be Grace's full brother (same mother & father, Rachel & Danny), at least to more people than his mother, Rachel, since he got sick & needed a bone marrow transplant to hopefully cure his illness, & Danny needed to be tested as a potential donor... Which he proved to be. This was actually about a year ago already, since Rachel dropped the "Charlie's sick; you need to take a bone marrow compatibility test in case you're a match" bomb on Danny in part of the S5 Finale, which aired last May (though I think later in the month than this season's Finale is airing, which is on May 13th).

She can create her own account and stock it with iTunes gift cards. Accounts don't need to be linked to a credit card. And kids Grace's age get a lot of gift cards because they get more difficult to buy for. It would still be annoying for one's kids to spend all their gift card money on popping penguins.

• Love 1
On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎30 at 1:13 AM, dwmarch said:

Didn't Kamekona say that Steve was going to be the sailing master or some such thing? Which made me think the same thing, why would he christen a boat that didn't have a working radio.

Also what kind of house did those parents live in, that the AC system could even come close to getting the temperature of the house to anywhere close to 46 degrees? Especially in Hawaii. Unless the system is giant, and the house is built like a refrigerator it is not going to happen.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:42 AM, kili said:

The self-righteous dude tasered at least one innocent guy, tied up two people and left a baby with two incapacitated adults not knowing how long the situation would last just so he could kidnap a girl to shame her on social media. I think maybe he shouldn't be so judgey. 

In my experience, judgey people rarely have any self-awareness of their own flaws.

I loved hearing Flippa sing. We need more of that! I could have done without the visible vomit, however. That seems to be trending this season on all the shows. I actually enjoyed the b plot, even though it was so totally disconnected from everything else. I liked Max being so focused in his belief they were on a deserted island that he didn't bother to explore, he just went into survivor mode.

I thought it was a pretty good episode, and not too much was crazy making. Chin drove his car, instead of riding helmetless on a motorcycle, Danny wasn't quite as obnoxious, the SF cop wasn't anywhere to be seen. The victim had more than a little fight in her, though I would have liked it if she'd actually managed to kill the guy before 5-0 got there.

I love Martin Starr, and have since Freaks and Geeks. He cleans up pretty well.

• Love 1